• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OBscene 1.0 Feb28/09 Results

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Alright shoutout time

Buenob

Thanks for hosting this tournament and housing all of us. I had a great time.

That set we had in the brackets was really close. Great ROB.

I was hoping to play you some more at your place but I was already quite sleepy and I started feeling really sick. Must have caught something or had allergies.

Montreal

Ralph: Thanks so much for bringing us there and back home. We had some fun moments on the road.

Dr. Nightmare: Leading us to burnt down WhiteCastles, telling us to turn on one way streets going the other direction, and scaring off our satellites, what a jerk. How many people have you killed by making them laugh?

Joel: YEAH MONEY BACK! Yeah, we did so much better than we expected. We had such great team work, lol. We missed our chance to take out the GTA guys before they went double MK, lol.

HolyNightmare: I thought I'd get that match off you with Lucas. But I screwed up my chance. Hope we play again soon.

Zaf: I just remembered we haven't played in so long. Its great you know how much better you've become since we met. You made a fatal mistake against me that got you killed too many times though. Diddy is pretty gay though, I have to agree to that.

Kage: Wtf, warrior bs on Brinstar. Reverse aether to slanted floor to super wavelanding half of brinstar which hits me to back air?! BULL****!

BentoBox: Our set was too close. Violent handshakes all the time. Also, I'M WHITE I'M WHITE I'M WHITE. I don't know if you did that on purpose, LOL.

Stef: You beat me in pools so badly. You did really good for your first tournament. Learn to beat MK though! I can't believe you did better counter picking Luigi's Mansion against KingAce, LOL.

Cemo: Judgement hammer tournament! I 3-0 you in the set and even 3-stocked one match! Always funny to have you around.

Agora: Wtf music choices. You also spot the most random things.

Toronto

KingAce + Ambrose: Omg double MK is so gay. I block one tornado just to be thrown into another one. But good games, both in doubles and singles. I was hoping to play some more with you guys at buenob's while we were still all together, but I got sick :(.

KingAce: Wow I got ***** by you in pools again. Bad early day brawl memories. Your MK is too good.

Ambrose: I was getting destroyed by your single IC, omg. Me and Joel thrash talked so much to you, but you got to destroy us, LOL.

Ottawa

Fogel: Yeah, Diddy dittos are pretty ********. Fun friendlies once again. See you at FFYF2.

Retlaf: Yeah, a lot of people agreed we were the death pool. Sucks, cause I know you usually do very well.

IvanEva: Great Lucas. I see you did well using Lucas in the tourney. Good job! I unfortunately dropped him for the majority of the tournament. I only played one friendly with you but I wanted to play your Lucas some more. I was always stuck in tourney matches though. You destroyed me in the Lucas ditto match up we had in the beginning. I just never faced another Lucas, lol. I guess its my fault Joel had an easier time versus you. I gave him far more practice than we wanted to. Blame tio for that.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Awesome tournament guys. I was sick and tired throughout the whole thing, and still managed to enjoy myself, so I suppose that's a good sign.

Ambrose: Oh! Yeah! Oh! Yeah! * POW * :laugh: Thank you so much for driving us to Ottawa and around for food. I'm glad I finally got to hang out with you and have some friendlies as well. You're a nice guy to hang out with. Those Ice Climbers are brutal, I need to better prepare for them. Good job on beating Ally and Holy with Phil. I hope you're at the next event Ambrose.

Phil: You doped up is the most hilarious circumstance ever. I'm glad I got to hang out with you some more. We need more Meta Knight dittos. Congrats on you and Ambrose taking out Ally and Holy as well. Tough luck in singles though, still you did well. Hopefully I'll see you again soon. :)

Mike Awesome having you in the car ride man. Good to talk with you. Well... Especially since we didn't have any friendlies whatsoever for the whole weekend. I actually don't think we've ever had a match. Wow. Anyway, I'm glad you were with us, and I hope to see you next tourney. I'll be working towards improving Brawl+ as well.

Niko: Ah Niko, you're some piece of work. Glad to have hung out with you. We didn't get any friendlies in excluding Brawl+, which for the majority was Meta Knight dittos and your Peach ****** my Jiggs I never play. And the bus broke down on you guys? Figures things go wrong when I'm not around. We need to start having Brawl+ friendlies on wifi. Also, get involved in the work shop to help improve it.

Ben:Thank you for housing us on Saturday night, and for hosting an awesome tournament. There were always enough set ups, things went smoothly despite you're occasional frustration, and the venue was good too. Awesome R.O.B., too. Hope to see you at the next event.

Joel: I love the Mario man. You did a number on me in pools even though I still managed to win it out. And you're hilarious too. I'm disappointed we didn't have more matched. And what the hell on you picking up the "oh" "yeah". Snore combo for the win, and the Skyworld match was the best thing I've ever watched. You better be at the next event, keep repping the plumber.

Kaze: It was great teaming with you in doubles. We did pretty well with no previous team experience together and it being your first tournament. I think you can do well. Keep working on that Lucario, and don't pick Luigis Mansion on Meta Knight anymore. :p Good games Kaze. :)

Knuckles & Haze: Thank you guys for housing me and the GTAN crew on Friday. It was nice meeting you both. I hope we can have more friendlies next time. Also, Knuckles, we need to team up sometime. I feel you and me could do really well. Your Zelda fits very well in to my style of play. I was disappointed we couldn't team this time around. Oh well. Thanks again.

Holy: It was nice to see you and your brother made it up. I loved the friendlies we had. I finally managed to take a match off you as well. I feel that's a sign of improvement on my behalf. Keep up the R.O.B., and great job at 2nd place.

Ally: Stop taking our money. Don't you share? :p It was nice seeing you again. Although you looked like you didn't sleep for weeks. I heard you left your glasses back in montreal too. I've done that before, I hate it. I'm disappointed we didn't play any matches at all even though I would obviously lose. Keep it up, you need to beat M2K eventually. Laugh out loud at kicking Zafs ***. [insert Ftilt combo] :laugh:

Chet: Good to see you again man. You're as good as always, making sure you break low/mid tier characters. That Fox taking on Nikos Peach was beast. Although you should have gone Ike and just three stocked everyone. :p I'll work on doing what I can to try and improve Brawl Plus and get back to you on it. Oh, and you probably can ledge cancel now. Hope to see you at the next event with the montreal crew. :)

Zaf: Your driving became tame. What the hell happened? You car still sucks though. :laugh: Nice try on the set against Ally, and good job on your placement. We need friendlies next time Zaf. I hope to see you soon.

Bento: Bento, always great to see you. We didn't get any matches in. :ohwell: It awesome fighting you in doubles, you gave us quite a run there for a bit. Keep improving that Peach, and I'll see you next time. Bring another color theme!

Infzy: Hey, it was nice to meet you. I'm glad I had a chance to play you in doubles as well, that was unique. We need to play more friendlies. Make sure you come out to the next event. You should check out Brawl Plus as well, you'd probably enjoy it.

IvanEva: Nice money matches, and good to see you again. Your Marth is solid, although very abstract I find. A lot of Shieldbreaker. My fault for running in to it when I did. Apparently you have problems with Pikachu. :p Come out to the next event.

If there is anyone else I forgot, you're probably just not important. :p Nah, but I'm drained. Awesome tournament, I wanted to kill whoever decided to play Piano in the middle of my money match, and the weekend was too cool for school. See everyone soon hopefully.

ALSO. WHOEVER UPLOADS THAT SKYWORLD MATCH BETWEEN NIKO AND JOEL, SEND IT TO ME. I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.

SAUS

Smash Ace
I (Random Ike Guy) was still sand-bagging. My true powers will be revealed at "Fight for your friends 2".

I fight for my friends. Haha gotta go to class shoutouts after.... PREPARE YOURSELF!!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I was expecting a very bad Ike player, and then the **** began D:

buenob

Smash Lord
lol SAUS is one of ottawa's top players... he really needs to pick up MK :p

Fogel

Smash Lord
I (Random Ike Guy) was still sand-bagging. My true powers will be revealed at "Fight for your friends 2".

I fight for my friends. Haha gotta go to class shoutouts after.... PREPARE YOURSELF!!
Wow, a SAUS post! I'd better keep track of where I was and what I was doing.

Seriously, I was expecting a very bad Ike player, and then the **** began D:
You got mindgames'd :D

SAUS

Smash Ace
Ally: Hope you liked our pool :p good games.

KingAce: good games. Your mk is awesome

Chester01: **** you for knocking out our last 2 Ottawa players hehe. Good games. your fox is too good

ThatGuy: SHUT THE **** UP! lol JOEL COMBO!!!! I'll see you at ffyf2 :p

Kage: Spirit of the warrior! We must fight at some point. good melee matches though, your ganon is still top tier.

Agora: you got tricked!! thanks for the friendlies after.

Phen: My snake IS too good. epic friendlies :p

NikoK: Good to see you again. Fun matches. thx for the warm-up friendlies at the start. Next time we can play melee

PNDMike: Yay good to see you again. Too bad about teams.. but we can definately rematch.

sorry but I don't know your tag or name.... but the guy in my pool that wasn't Ally and wasn't from Ottawa...: CHOCLATE SMASH!!! see you next time :p

Everyone: I fight for my friends. Prepare yourself! You'll get no sympathy from me! GGs

infomon

Smash Scientist
buenob: could you post the whole tio bracket? I've started to upload vids, but I'll need to know teamnames and w/e.

It'll prolly be another hour before any become available, but they'll go up on:
http://www.youtube.com/user/OttawaSmash

infomon

Smash Scientist
pffffft, nowai, manalord's a scrub you can take him, he's not worthy of the title. Everyone just calls him TheManLord.

You two will have to MM, otherwise "mana" is fair game.

:054:

lol <3 mana

Maxmagnus20019

Smash Rookie
sorry but I don't know your tag or name.... but the guy in my pool that wasn't Ally and wasn't from Ottawa...: CHOCLATE SMASH!!! see you next time :p

Everyone: I fight for my friends. Prepare yourself! You'll get no sympathy from me! GGs
Who me? :p

I was MaxM, for Max Magnus xD

CHOCOLATE SMASH!!

SAUS, thanks for telling me to prepare myself when you 3-stocked me, I came back and took a game from ya :p

Shoutout to anybody who talked to me about internet stuff (CD-I Games, YGO Abridged, etc.)

BTW, I was the one showing people the STREET FIGHTER stupidity on my iPod.
And for anybody curious, here's the links to it :p

Part 1
Part 2

Thanks to buenob for hosting a great tournament, I'll bring my other friends next time, they couldn't make it this time, sadly.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Props to buenob for that placing, sorry I wasn't there; looks like we've both improved a bit since last time. I can't wait to play you again at FFYF2.

Also impressive work by Holy beating KingAce.

There gonna be any videos of this up?

edit: Holy crap just saw this:

1: Jack and Ben (KingAce + Ambrose)
2: Unholy Alliance (Ally + Holy)
I don't know if I believe it XD... **** good s*** Ace and Ambrose

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Props to buenob for that placing, sorry I wasn't there; looks like we've both improved a bit since last time. I can't wait to play you again at FFYF2.

Also impressive work by Holy beating KingAce.

There gonna be any videos of this up?

edit: Holy crap just saw this:

I don't know if I believe it XD... **** good s*** Ace and Ambrose
They caught us by surprise with a deadly change of characters. Double MKs, lol get ***** Ally. We really need some new tactic to win, maybe Ally should go someone else cause his Snake in almost every game ended up having 1 stock left when I still had 3 <.<

buenob

Smash Lord
to be fair, they did a really good job making sure they constantly had stage control... both rob and snake have great recoveries, but they made sure you both were constantly off the level, or in a bad position... it was a great match to watch

edit : I'm still recovering from being rediculously sick (as those of you who were there saw) but I'll get the bracket images up tonight

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Whoo! Ottawa was in need of another tournament (the last being ToS many moons ago). Great job in both location, organization and execution. I'm pissed that Skyworld got banned (there went all of my Lucas tactics...) last minute but at least, hopefully, everybody was won over on Castle Siege, Halberd, and Delphino.

Shoutouts:
- Freaking Luigi: It was nice to meet you and I hope that you show up to Fight For your Friends 2.

- ThatGuy: You ruined me. Yup, this is all your fault. It's because of your Mario that I'm sticking with Lucas (with a side of Marth). I was thinking of finally dumping my low tier john but after getting beating by some smelly plumber character, I just can't bail out on Lucas anymore.

- Niko: Big Gay Fire! Big Gay Fire! Big Gay Fire! Big Gay Thunder! Big Gay Fire! Big Gay Thunder! Big Gay Freeze! Big Gay Fire! Big Gay Fire! Big Gay Fire! Big Gay Thunder! :) It was great seeing you again. Your reactions during my Zaf battle had me biting my cheeks trying not to laugh.

- Zaf: All my spam wasn't enough to shake you. You stayed calm and collected, which didn't go well for me.

- Wildaswitch: Get yo' butts over to our bi-weeklies already.

- Carlos (not that you check the boards...): It was fun seeing you again. You're a very humourous person to play with.

- Fogel: Sorry, my team performance was crappy as always. I think I'll read some Dr. Phil to get me to learn to play well with others. :)

- Ulevo: Great Marth dittos. Marth vs. Marth is more fun than Soul Calibur IV anyday! I'll learn some better sheildbreaker tricks for next time.

- Arsenic: I hope you feel better. Wario came out of nowhere but I'll be ready next time...

- Retlaf: Nice piano playing (and you too Ben). You should have agreed to my money match though. Lucas has got to put Game and Watch in his place. Come to the bi-weeklies if you can (and I'll do the same).

- Steb: WHOA! Another Lucas!? That was fun. I learned a trick or two from you that I'll have to incorporate into my play.

- Asian guy I played Melee against: Great games, although I didn't stand much of a chance.

Overall, great tournament (barring Skyworld - Ben, you'll have to show me why it was banned next time we get together). When's the next one?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Overall, great tournament (barring Skyworld - Ben, you'll have to show me why it was banned next time we get together). When's the next one?
Ask him for the ThatGuy vs Niko K replay next time you see him :chuckle:

Smelly Plumbers rule, they probably make more money than the rest of the cast (the Fire Emblem guys don't make money; they already have it. Pokemon Trainer COULD make a lot of money from random battles though...).

infomon

Smash Scientist
BTW, I was the one showing people the STREET FIGHTER stupidity on my iPod.
And for anybody curious, here's the links to it :p

Part 1
Part 2
Wow..... just wow.
This..... is..... delicious!

A lot of OBscene vids (heh) are being uploaded; doubles grand finals are "being processed" (lol youtube):
http://www.youtube.com/user/OttawaSmash

Yeah, some Melee is up already too.

I need to know the names of most ppl, as well as whether or not matches are friendlies or moneymatches or brackets or what.

Big Gay......... staaaaaaarstooooooooorm

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Ontariooooo!

OBscene 1: Doubles GF - Ally (Snake) + Holy (ROB) vs. KingAce (MK) + Ambrose (MK) 8:
"Both Ally and Holly having trouble coming onto the stage. Ace and Brose both doing a very good job of keeping them out mashing Up B."

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
ty for the uploads its nice to be able to watch yourself play, btw is that all of the melee you have recorded?

infomon

Smash Scientist
I think there's more melee

there's a LOT more to be uploaded

like I've been submitting them all day; youtubez is sloooooow

meanwhile I'm still ripping stuff off my tapes lol

and then there are the replays. I can't do anything with those until I get an av cable lol

buenob: you has a spare I can borrow? Or did you pick up extras that were left at OBscene? I'm assuming I left mine there.

Fogel

Smash Lord
- Fogel: Sorry, my team performance was crappy as always. I think I'll read some Dr. Phil to get me to learn to play well with others. :)

- Asian guy I played Melee against: Great games, although I didn't stand much of a chance.
Actually, I don't think you upsmashed me even once this time! Though getting naired to death vs. Joel + Steb did kind of suck :(

Also, the Asian Melee guy is RaIpH.

Maxmagnus20019

Smash Rookie
Oh man, both matches with me in it are so random, I had no idea I was being recorded, D=

Why I'm pausing the game though, I have no idea.

BTW, both matches I (MaxM) participate in are friendlies, I had been eliminated way before those happened. The ones vs !

infomon

Smash Scientist
k thx for the info

A bunch more Melee matches are going up tonight, for those interested.

I've learned that the problem with calling a tournament "OBscene" is that youtube's related vids are kinda.... yeah o_O

Niko knows all about pause-DI, maybe you're picking up his bad habits :laugh:

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
during pools, the camera was aimed at the corner tv, where niko, chet, haze's pool was; were those matches recorded?

EDIT: I believe this was chet posting as I have no idea wtf he's talking about :D

infomon

Smash Scientist
during pools, the camera was aimed at the corner tv, where niko, chet, haze's pool was; were those matches recorded?
ehh.... all the camera-recorded matches are uploaded on the [OttawaSmash] account. I think only a few of those matches "made it"; either the tape ran out, or ppl were in the way.

btw, a lot of ppl got in the way of the camera a lot of times :( oops.... I guess that's sorta my fault for not positioning the camera more obvious or w/e.... also I shoulda been timing the tapes better :) so sorry about that

All that's left is for me to get whatever replays were saved, and post them.

Top Bottom