• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obsessive Compulsiveness [Round 2]

OCD

Smash Cadet
Obsessive Compulsiveness
This will be a tournament following the basic guidelines of any real offline tournament. I am currently testing myself and the SWF OTL board to see if there is any chance for hosting future tournys. There will be no prize for this tournament except that 1st place will receive a nomination for winning. Just join, play and have fun.
serious competitors only please

• Rules:
    • 1 v 1
    • 3 stock
    • 8 minute timer
    • items to off and none
    • each player gets 1 stage ban
    • both players must agree to a neutral stage first match
    • loser counter picks a stage, etc, etc

Neutral Stages:
    • Pokemon Stadium 1
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Smashville
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks:
    • Pokemon Stadium 1
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Smashville
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    • Battleship Halberd
    • Brinstar
    • Castle Siege
    • Delfino Plaza
    • Frigate Orpheon
    • Jungle Japes
    • Pictochat
    • Rainbow Cruise
    • Pokemon Stadium 2
    • Corneria

More rules:
    We all want to enjoy playing the game so glitches such as MK's cape glitch, or infinites such as IC's and D3's grabs will be banned. Ice Climbers and all characters with infinite CGs (Chain Grabs) will be limited to a total of 6 grabs per chain. For the issue of lag, please try to play through it. If the lag is just completely unbearable please contact me and we can try to find a "lag mediator" or the match will just have to come to a decision based on the statistics of the contestant and his activity in the thread and forums. Over all, I want this to be a successful tournament and i believe it can be with the cooperation of a few good smashers. Feel free to discuss the tournament or anything brawl related while the thread is alive but please avoid any spam. This thread is only open for posts from Contestants, Prospective Contestants, Tournament Officials, and Moderators. Again, Good Luck and Have Fun.

Contestants:

1. DS./Dark Sonic Or Dark Knuckles/4469-8450-7698

2. Zatch./ Glo-W or SATO/ 0775-5183-3817

3. bmullins123 / BJM / 3136-8145-4162

4. Cubone/Qbone/1892-5519-8814

5. Link2thelost90/SirSL/2664-8387-0330

6. camerino1/ Cam/ 3867-8806-1438

7. Sephy95/Sephy/3266-6793-1736

8. dualseeker/dual/1075-9657-8001

9. KoRoBeNiKi/KoRo?/1934-3901-4627

10. Professor MGW/LK9T9;LK4D4;CyRaX;P.MGW/2836-5262-7837

11. F A N G/FANG/2923-3370-6354

12. J/J~/3781-9670-1788

13. Sunny/Dizzy/1246-8615-2733

14. Jim/Jim/ 3609-0835-1921

15. Crappycola/Craft/ 1677-1705-7312

16.Ocd/ocd/3825-8093-7656​

Please use the common OTL format to register for this tournament. I may even attend it myself if i sign up before the last spot is taken. Remember the success of this tournament depends on how well we can all operate together. Good luck and Have fun.​
Mew

NOTE*
The numbers on the bracket and the order you sign up will not be the same. Contestants will be matched up together by a random generator.

Q&A

• *Question:*
      Your rulings on CGs aren't that clear. You said infinite CGs were limited to 6 (does the first grab count or is it 6 regrabs), so does that mean Pikachu can CG fox from 0-100 (its not infinite)? What about Ness/Lucas getting grab released?

• >Answer:<
      Standard system. 6 regrabs, and no it doesnt count for STARFOX characters because its not infinite. If a fox/falco main faces a pikachu hes sol unless hes just plum amazing and there's no lag. Grab releases are legal. USE THE STANDARD CHARACTER COUNTER-PICKING RULES.
      • If the winning player fails to announce their change in character exit out of that game immediately.
      • The game will still be played on the same stage.
      • The winner from the previous is now locked into their character.
      • The loser from the previous match may now reselect their character.
      • Continue the match

"Infinite grabs (aside from the earlier mentioned situation with King Dedede), jab locks, laser locks, suicides, wall infinites, etc. are not banned. (Still following the 6 re-grab rule for infinites) Do not dispute a match that you lost to the above tactics." ***"Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling."***"If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
      • If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
      • If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
      • If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
      • If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters.
      Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game."***"You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.
      "
      - AiB
      Mew
    • **Question:**
      You're going to randomize the brackets, right?
    • >>Answer:<<
      Yes the brackets will be randomized.
      Mew
      ***Question:***
      So, I want to sign up but at about what time is this taking place? Also, how do i sign up, the sign up seems a little odd... but this would be my first online tournament, i have gone to 2 in person.

>>>Answer:<<<
      The tournament will begin the first Friday after the brackets are posted. Each round will last 1 week unless every contender finishes their matches and we are ready to proceed to the next round.
      In order to register for tournaments in the OTL, it will be best if you use this format:

SWF Name/ in brawl game name/ brawl friend code/ preferred characters

example:
      OCD/OCD/3825-8093-7656/:toonlink::snake::diddy::151:

Please do not join unless you know for a fact you can attend this tournament to the very end.
      Mew

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
All other stages will be allowed for counterpicking except:
Mario Circuit
Big Blue
Hannenbow
Mushroomy Kingdoms
warioware inc​

I think you'd be better off picking the counter-picks you're going to allow. Other than that, this is looking good.

OCD

Smash Cadet
I think you'd be better off picking the counter-picks you're going to allow. Other than that, this is looking good.
Yeah i was kinda in a hurry yesterday and didnt feel like listing all the stages. It's a work in progress and will be updated daily. Thanks for the compliment. :)
Mew

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You're going to randomize the brackets, right?

Zatch./ Glo-W or SATO/ 0775-5183-3817/ :ike: :pt:

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Your rulings on CGs aren't that clear. You said infinite CGs were limited to 6 (does the first grab count or is it 6 regrabs), so does that mean Pikachu can CG fox from 0-100 (its not infinite)? What about Ness/Lucas getting grab released?

Cubone/Qbone/1892-5519-8814 /:rob: :pikachu2: :dk2:

OCD

Smash Cadet

Cubone/Qbone/1892-5519-8814 /:rob: :pikachu2: :dk2:
Edit* just scroll back up to the Q&A. answers are there.
Mew

camerino1

Smash Lord
So, I want to sign up but at about what time is this taking place? Also, how do i sign up, the sign up seems a little odd... but this would be my first online tournament, i have gone to 2 in person.

OCD

Smash Cadet
The tournament will begin the first Friday after the brackets are posted. Each round will last 1 week unless every contender finishes their matches and we are ready to proceed to the next round.
In order to register for tournaments in the OTL, it will be best if you use this format:

SWF Name/ in brawl game name/ brawl friend code/ preferred characters

example:
OCD/OCD/3825-8093-7656/:toonlink::snake::diddy::151:

Please do not join unless you know for a fact you can attend this tournament to the very end.
Mew

camerino1

Smash Lord
Well, I don't think I can if it's on friday's, I have band then... and I'm pretty sure we are in different time zones, so unless you start them at about 6 your time, on friday... then I can't (so, my band would let me leave and be home for 5:30, you are an hour behind me.... meaning that it would be at about 7 for me that it starts, so if that's the case then I can.)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Tourney begins Friday following the last entrant, every round gives one week for entrants to complete their sets. In the event of everyone being done prior to the next Friday deadline, the round will advance as soon as possible, given the conditions are good to proceed onward. I don't know what he was going to do for deadlines being exceeded, but he'll get to that himself.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Sure why not? I'm game.
Sephy95/Sephy/3266-6793-1736/ :marth: :falco: :pit:

Since I use my Wii for this(cuz my sis is a total *****) I can't access xat so I have to find another way to stage pick.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Edit: Nevermind this. Wrong thread.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
KoRoBeNiKi/KoRo?/1934-3901-4627/:random:
^^^Using all different people.

ADD people>OCD people, jk

OCD

Smash Cadet
Okay guys. Havn`t had access to a cpu all day so im just checking up on the thread from mobile. Looking good so far. Ill update the OP asap tomorrow. Thanks for waiting.
@Sephy 95:
okay. well you can counter-pick ingame with your nametag. I dont think it should be a problem.
Mew

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^The smashboards's new "style" doesn't help much either.

But yes, the online community on here is kinda small, most people who play on wifi for barlw use AIB.

OCD

Smash Cadet
^^The smashboards's new "style" doesn't help much either.

But yes, the online community on here is kinda small, most people who play on wifi for barlw use AIB.
You can just switch the Skin of the sight from the bottom left tab. Pick Revolution for the original smashboards design.
F A N G/FANG/Will add FC once I know the date/:snake:
cant add you to the roster until you add your friend code.
Mew

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
You can just switch the Skin of the sight from the bottom left tab. Pick Revolution for the original smashboards design.

Mew
I realize this, what I mean is for the people that use the new style. this is hard to find. I transferred to Revolution myself as it was annoying to get on the backroom page

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Mew
I can add it, but I won't know which one to use until I know the date, depending on where I am at the time.

For now

F A N G/FANG/2923-3370-6354/:snake::pt:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Man this is so incredibly slow. Gah Dx

I want the old OTL back where you had to fight people for a spot in tournies. ;_;

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well only three more left for this game to start.

Also you can't really get real tournament exp. from online but going to actual tournies. ^^ Though wifi tournaments are good for passing time. And I can't believe it's been like a year since this place was hopping with tournaments and actually had a running ladder. Ah nostalgia sometimes <3

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yea. Online is a totally different world when it comes to real tourneys. Wi-fails lag being the biggest factor. IRL tourneys I think I do better in because of the HYPE factor! Its cool to get to know your opponent before ya fight em ya know?

oh and...

Top Bottom