• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC3 DVDS :Soon to be released!!!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
OC-3 Zero Challenge 2 disk set DVD
After lots of hard work we have a solution to bring high quality matches to the dvd.

We would like to thank all the players who made oc-3 possible and to all the donators who helped out bombsoldier and his brother discsan.

After all this, Oc3 has gathered some of the most intense matches of smash melee history setting the mark of some top gamers around the world.

Now we bring to you the 2 disk set collection for oc-3 featuring some of the best crew battles yet to seen and matches like pc chris vs bombsoldier, ken vs king, ken vs mew2king, pc chris in finals vs mew2king, chudat vs mew2king, hugs vs pc chris ( with california love ) and lots more great battles:

For those who are curious of the price it is listed below.

this is the last change so ill post it now. After sitting down with the other helpers of the dvd being ken and arash, this is what we discussed. This is the final price:

First of the cost of the dvd will be for those who attended oc3:

25 dollars + 5 for shipping = 30 total for the data disk which includes all possible matches to fit the dvd, coverage, and maybe interviews. Note a dvd disk is 4.7 gigs which means stuff has to be sacrificed to put in more of this other coverage. Remember shipping doesnt count or add in as the dvd price. The dvd price is in actuality 25 dollars.

optional, if you want to watch the best matches instead of lower quality and you want to watch it on a dvd player you can pay another 5 dollars for the dvd workable disk. This will only cost 5 bucks if you buy the original data disk, if you didnt buy the original data disk this disk can be purchased for 20 dollars separately.

Now for the good part: the first 50 who register will get to pay this price as well. Meaning you get everything for 30 dollars, shipping must be added on your part being 5 bucks. 2 disks with everything on it.

Hence, its 15 dollars a disk total. Remember if you dont buy the 2nd disk its only 25 dollars total for the data.

Remember shipping is based off where you live. So you are paying to send your product to your house. If you buy computer parts off new egg you have to pay for shipping and it applies to many online stores. So please do not say but that makes the dvd 35 dollars when it is only 30.

After registration hits 51, those who are planning to buy an oc3 dvd will have to pay 5 dollars more on top of the original cost.

Hope people are satisfied with these final results. I know people were hoping that the dvds would less than 25, but i think 25 is a very fair price for everyone.

If you purchase the dvd you can get 5 dollars off the oc3 t shirt meaning you can buy it for 25 instead of the original 30.

I am also willing to sell individual shirts for those who do not want to buy the dvds at:
30 dollars the original cost, so no savings to do this just for shirt lovers.

if you are wondering why its a lot of money for an oc3 dvd its because before these dvds are made equipment must be purchased for encoding. Last year nealdt did the encoding thus we didnt have to include cost, this year we are trying a new method bringing high quality matches etc. Also note my dvd burner has burned about 120 dvds for oc3. I do not know how much it can handle this year around. If it breaks it must be replaced. Also the dvds to burn them on. We are taking a risk to bring these dvds to people who want them not people who complain.

any more questions feel free to ask, and yes questions only! not flaming me on why these matches arent free online or why dont you borrow encoding equipment. Matches that do not get on the dvd will be released online for the people who want them. On you tube or something.

in the near future i will add up a registration list for buyers to add their info.

Adi

Smash Lord
Woot first, can't wait to see these matches, didn't you mention something about adding some free ones Manacloud?

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
whats the rationale for charging a different price for people who werent there? Isnt the whole point of releasing vids is to show people who werent there? It seems like you are discouraging people people who didnt go to purchase the dvd.

Eggm

Smash Hero
This is the amount of money i have left... until i can win another local tournament I guess i'll have to watch some one elses. :(

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
is the buying done through a website? i'd feel much more secure going through ebay or amazon or something like that

aznforce817

Smash Lord
sounds great :) u can probably count me in man. hey mana, would u ever be interested in smashing with me sometime at my place? or i come over to urs? i would love some practice. i'll pay f u want :p hehe cuz i'm planning on holding melee tournaments even after Brawl comes out.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

whats the rationale for charging a different price for people who werent there? Isnt the whole point of releasing vids is to show people who werent there? It seems like you are discouraging people people who didnt go to purchase the dvd.
yeah im going to upload some free matches, but not yet we are focusing on encoding and editing the rest right now first. This is to the first question for the guy from new york. The matches will be good matches that just couldnt make the dvd. Ill post then on youtube for you guys.

I made a promise to those who did go to oc3 that the dvds will be cheaper for them because of them in the first place these dvds were possible. For the people who didnt go the price would be set as normal meaning if i didnt even mention this discount people who did go to oc3 would pay the same fair amount for the dvds.

I mean if these dvds are too much money for you , im pretty sure someone out there who purchases one will rip it and post it online for the rest of you. I am not here to stop them even though i would lose on sales. So if you want to buy it you can get it earlier than people , if you dont buy it you would have to wait to purchase it.

aznforce, if you want me to train you its 20 bucks an hour and 10 minutes. Normally i wouldnt train people but since melee is ending i am going to say alright lets do it. Just set up some times with me we can discuss it over aim.

For the people who decide to buy a dvd we are offering a lot of choices this year. Most people only want to pay for the semi finals and on. Which then can do this year. Last year we had people say i dont want these other matches thats crap i just want finals so can i buy a dvd with only finals and we didnt have that option. This year we are making it possible for a dvd with menus so you can pop in your dvd player and watch finals. The second disk will be just data meaning all the other misc matches will be there available for those who just want to see other matches in the tournament. You can buy one or the other or buy both its your choice. If you think its a rip off then dont post and dont buy it, wait for someone whos nice enough to rip it and post it online for you.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
$50 for SSB:M matches?

r u fuking serious ololol!?!11?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah were pretty serious

$50 for SSB:M matches?

r u fuking serious ololol!?!11?
for those who want an oc3 dvd its just a memoriabilia for the moment. You dont have to buy it you know. But yeah were serious. Time and lots of money was spent on making this.

You can say what kind of equipment is used to make it if im starting fresh. First off i would need a video input and output device = 70 bucks atleast

then you would need dvds around 30 bucks. You need an external hard drive thats atleast 100 gigs = 150 bucks. Our hd is 250 so it cost around 220 bucks. You need a fast dvd burner becuase you are burning atleast 100 discs costing around 100 bucks. I know dvd burners these days are around 20 bucks but those are ****ty and we dont want ****ty burned dvds. Including time spent encoding and include time spent editing and making the dvds and sending them off not including gas etc.

50 bucks is a **** good price.

now if you have a job even at mc donalds. you could earn 50 bucks in less than 2 days. 2 days of work for a dvd isnt so bad. Ill mention this again you dont have to buy it. Just wait and im sure someone will rip it and post it online. If you buy it great , we appreciate it, and we hope these dvds meet your expectations. I am not here to argue with the public I am here as a smasher offering a product.

im willing to answer more questions if people have them like will we get our dvds fast etc.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
for those who want an oc3 dvd its just a memoriabilia for the moment. You dont have to buy it you know. But yeah were serious. Time and lots of money was spent on making this.

You can say what kind of equipment is used to make it if im starting fresh. First off i would need a video input and output device = 70 bucks atleast

then you would need dvds around 30 bucks. You need an external hard drive thats atleast 100 gigs = 150 bucks. Our hd is 250 so it cost around 220 bucks. You need a fast dvd burner becuase you are burning atleast 100 discs costing around 100 bucks. I know dvd burners these days are around 20 bucks but those are ****ty and we dont want ****ty burned dvds. Including time spent encoding and include time spent editing and making the dvds and sending them off not including gas etc.

50 bucks is a **** good price.
I think there is a simple solution to all of this.

Release them online for FREE! :laugh:

No expense to you OR us.

m i winnar? ;)

70meters

Smash Rookie
How much content is on the two dvds? Like actual run time? 50 bucks is a lot (I bet you haven't heard that before)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
thats a good solution

I think there is a simple solution to all of this.

Release them online for FREE! :laugh:

No expense to you OR us.

m i winnar? ;)
however, if i did this why would we the dvd makers and staff of oc3 even want to encode the matches? Plus I am already generous to release some matches so no the matches on the dvd will not be free. Toecutter, if you really dont want to buy it you dont have too. Just wait till someone rips it and releases all for free for guys like you to watch. If its not done by me it will be done by someone else so you are going to be happy regardless of whether i say no its not free or yes it is free.

Zhu and everyone else wondering:
Right now I cant tell you whats on what dvd until we actually finish it. Its because we are still in the encoding mode and nothings been edited yet. So just wait up a little bit longer and ill post whats on which dvd for you guys.

and yes i know 50 is a lot for a dvd if you, didnt attend oc3 etc. However, we are selling it for 50 because as we have said its a memoralbilia. You dont have to buy both to enjoy the oc3 dvd. Its to your liking to buy one or the other. If you want both then its 50.

as for content: like all the crew battles, singles matches, doubles, rivalry matches, etc. rivalry matches = ken vs mew2king and so forth. Some good doubles matches would be tang and silent specter vs ken and bombsoldier. Some good crew matches would be gabes yoshi taking out lots of players from cok. Some thing on those lines.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
Wow this'll be a sweet dvd. however i will not be getting one...there's no way i can afford it

whatwhatwhatwhatwhat

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else ever charged for SSBM matches before, or are you the first? Honestly curious.
MLG VoD.

Question to Mana: for us minors who don't have credit cards available to purchase stuff off Ebay/Amazon/Paypal/whatever, is it possible to buy the DVD through mail or in person?

Randomg

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else ever charged for SSBM matches before, or are you the first? Honestly curious.
Mlg did, but provided it live, at high speeds. Besides that, the only other time was OC2.

Just thought I'd say, I also find $50 ridiculous, I bought it last year, but at this price, I think I'll wait to see if it ends up on youtube.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

MLG VoD.

Question to Mana: for us minors who don't have credit cards available to purchase stuff off Ebay/Amazon/Paypal/whatever, is it possible to buy the DVD through mail or in person?
u can pay for the dvd via check and mail to our house. Once the dvds are done people can send us their money or checks.

as i have mentioned before you gotta stop thinking of it as one whole purchased. The dvd itself is really only 25 dollars. If you buy two then its 50 so its really cheap.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
"Just buy it for the low low price of $6455464.99!!!! It's liek totally wurth it cuz liek its OC3. It's not expensive its just quality dvd for a decent price."

Manacloud

LOL

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it. I just bought a 100 pack of DVDs yesterday for $50, aka. $.50 a DVD. Which means you are making ~$24.50 per DVD? ~4800% Profit eh? That doesn't seem fair.

Our hd is 250 so it cost around 220 bucks.
LOL http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148233

You need a fast dvd burner becuase you are burning atleast 100 discs costing around 100 bucks.
I couldn't find a DVD Burner that costed $100, well there was 1-2 but they had em for $30 and were just as good. Unless you happen to be burning in HD-DVD, Blu-Ray

Now I'm just pointing out that these DVD Prices are a bit outrageous. I agree you can set the price to whatever you please and some will still in fact buy it, but I mean come on. With a lower price, not only will you sell more, but everyone will be happy, and since more will buy, you will probably make the same, if not more money than with the current prices.

If the price was lower, I'd buy it without hesitation. Just $50, if you think long and hard about it, is just too much money. And you may say, "Well just buy 1 DVD!! No one is making you pay $50." You can't buy just one DVD of this, who wants to watch all the awesome Crew matches etc. but not see the Finals? Not me.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
as ive mention

this isnt a thread to come in and post why you cant or dont want to buy it like corts post. Thats just more spam, if you dont want to buy it then keep it to yourself. If you want to buy it then great. Its a choice. I am here to answer questions for those who are willing to buy it, other than that please stop spamming this thread.

as for prices. People are paying for a dvd playable disc with high quality matches. That disk alone is 25 dollars . You dont have to buy the data disk. Now if you want the data disk too then great spend another 25 on it otherwise you are only spending 25 for the oc3 dvd. Now thats for oc3 people who went if you didnt go its 30. As the price is listed in the first page first post.

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
as for prices. People are paying for a dvd playable disc with high quality matches. That disk alone is 25 dollars . You dont have to buy the data disk. Now if you want the data disk too then great spend another 25 on it otherwise you are only spending 25 for the oc3 dvd. Now thats for oc3 people who went if you didnt go its 30. As the price is listed in the first page first post.
That is like buying a 2-disc video game and only getting one disc, yeah maybe one was good, but you sure as hell are going to want to know what happens on the other.

Whether or not you admit it, it's basically like forcing people to buy both. From what I hear all of OC3 was phenomenal and If I'm going to be spending money for something, it better be the WHOLE experience not just half.

As for Spamming, I am not. I am asking questions because I do want to buy the DVDs, I'm just asking questions about a better, more reasonable price for both DVDs.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
not quite

That is like buying a 2-disc video game and only getting one disc, yeah maybe one was good, but you sure as hell are going to want to know what happens on the other.

Whether or not you admit it, it's basically like forcing people to buy both. From what I hear OC3 was phenomenal and If I'm going to be spending money for something, it better be the WHOLE experience not just half.

As for Spamming, I am not. I am asking questions because I do want to buy the DVDs, I'm just asking questions about a better, more reasonable price for both DVDs.
im not forcing anyone to do anything. Oc3 dvd is just a product for you to buy. the matrix trilogy, is a 3 part movie. Did people buy part 2 and 3 just because they want the entire set? Some yes, because they want a collection. And for most no because the 2nd and third movie wasnt so great for them. I know lots of people who just own the first one. Like i have mentioned before as stated.

As for the matches of right now people dont know what is on each disk and im not going to release that information till the dvds are actually made. People are jumping way to fast ahead of the current situation and speculating way too much.

Aesis

Smash Ace
Well to be fair, the DVD IS expensive.

Thing is, people aren't comparing these prices to retail prices.
Not sure about estimated run time of both disks, but it could very well be A LOT LOT LOT of time. Season DVD's release at 50 bucks a pop, usually about 5-6 DVD with subtitles, extras, high quality video and 5.1 Surround Sound.

I doubt OC3 DVDs will have this, but whatever.
The point is:

If the disks have tons of content, amazing resolution, quality menus, etc.,
you're STILL probably overpaying LOL

I don't even know why I posted. LOL

ANYWAY, I think my real point was that Mike is spending a lot of time making the DVDs, encoding, burning, maybe printing disc covers,
which is theoretically very little cost per disk after clicking COPY DISC after the initial complete disk is made
but he wants money for his time and effort and BAM

Pay him for his work dammit! LAWL

The only way you'd have access to these videos in high quality is buying, copying someone elses, downloading a hosted torrent (which would be funny), DC++ HUB, AIM File Transfer, Filefront Download, FTP Transfers, hosted web site, mIRC, etc.

Not a lot of choices HAHA
HOWEVER YOU ARE STILL DEPENDENT ON SOMEONE ACTUALLY BUYING THE DISKS AND DOING THE WORK FOR YOU SO YOU CAN HAVE IT FOR FREE

Nice people do it all the time, look at BitTorrent nowadays WOOHOO

PALMDALE *****ES

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I was unable to attend Oc3:( However, it would be great to get these DVDs. Do you have an exact date of release so that I may purchase them by mail?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I wonder who will be the first person to rip the matches and stick on you tube will be...

Arash

Smash Lord
lol

this thread seriously depresses me...

Ok, so people are talking like it's $50 for smash matches? No, it's $50 if you want BOTH discs.

Disc 1: all matches in data format, playable on the computer (think last year's) - $25
Disc 2: the final few matches from each event, in a playable on a regular DVD player - $25

The whole reason we even considered making a Disc 2 was because last year our biggest complaints were either "I paid $25 for a lot of matches I don't care about" or "I can't watch it on my TV". We are attempting to address both of those this time, while also offering the same style product as last year, for those that preferred it like that.

This is a lot like when Nintendo released Pokemon for the first time, in 2 versions. Did they say, "if you want to play pokemon, you must pay $60"? No, you'd only pay $60 if you wanted BOTH versions, which was pretty useless anyway. It's the same case here, you'd only be paying $50 if you wanted BOTH all the matches in data format, AND a DVD that can be played in most players.

I hope this clears up a lot of confusion. For those that want updates, encoding is completely done. On to editing....

EDIT: The first to charge for smash matches is MattDeezie, for his TG4 DVD. But most of the current community is probably too new to remember that.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
you know

I wonder who will be the first person to rip the matches and stick on you tube will be...
i could integrate everything on my website and streamline it through flash and the only way to watch it would be to pay us money for a code and the code can be used only once via ip address.

If people want it this way then nobody could rip anything. This is an alternate method i am considering after all this ripping talking and waiting for it to hit youtube.

the purpose of a dvd was to let people own their own copy of a great tournament. If people are too cheap for that then thats pretty funny.

its like aesis says we go through all this hard trouble to bring something to you smashers and you completely ignore our work. All you want is the matches. Thats sickening.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ignore the first page, after some more thinking i will post a price that will make everyone happy.

Mr P

Smash Ace
There is absaloutly no justification for the $50 price tag.

VOD was $25 and that covered every event and you got to see the matches live with commentry.

Just letting you guys know that you are not endearing yourselfs to your potential customers such as myself. i wont be buying any dvd at $50

manacloud1

Smash Champion
says who?

There is absaloutly no justification for the $50 price tag.

VOD was $25 and that covered every event and you got to see the matches live with commentry.
the dvd is worth 25 not 50 bucks, and we arent mlg so please stop comparing. Plus u dont really get to keep the matches on vod. Its streamline to watch this is different, you own the matches.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
this isnt a thread to come in and post why you cant or dont want to buy it like corts post. Thats just more spam, if you dont want to buy it then keep it to yourself. If you want to buy it then great. Its a choice. I am here to answer questions for those who are willing to buy it, other than that please stop spamming this thread.
haha... I think you did that when you siad the DVD would cost $50 to get the actual thing.

Piece of advice?

Just say "The DVD set costs $20" and mail everyone both DVDs for $20. Then people will buy them and not hate you.

You aren't microsoft. Don't act like them.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do the prices listed include shipping? What are the options / fees for shipping? The dvd is already a lot of money, adding shipping on top will make it even more so...

I think you already said you would, Manacloud, but listing what matches are available on the data disk that aren't on the other would be helpful in making a decision on which to buy.

What kind of other content can we expect other than matches? A Bach-esque montage perhaps? Interviews?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
i could integrate everything on my website and streamline it through flash and the only way to watch it would be to pay us money for a code and the code can be used only once via ip address.
People are going to rip it, Mana. There's no way around it. They could record your streaming with a camera, etc...

Good luck with the initial sales. Its going to be tough. I'm sure people that actually went to OC3 will be interested-- you know-- for the memories. But for the average smasher, it's just not going to happen.

ignore the first page, after some more thinking i will post a price that will make everyone happy.
That's the smartest thing you could do. With the big pricetag, that's just asking members to wait for it to be ripped. The smaller pricetag will make the sincerely interested, sincerely interested in buying, rather than waiting.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
If you like money Manacloud (and we all know you like money), lower the prices.

Lower prices = more demand = more profit.

All this controversey around this tournament makes me not even care about the matches that took place. If you're really only interested in people who attended and their interest, I'm sure you still have their information in a database somewhere where you can contact them without it being too much of a hassle.

Thief you may be. Businessman, you are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom