• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC3 DVDS :Soon to be released!!!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Again, if it was like last year where you did not allow camcorders at the event you have a responsibility as tournament hosts to get those matches out somehow. So don't pull that "if there's no money we won't bother" bs.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I really want to see these matches, but Im low on cash. Someone rich please buy me one.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
The price he sets is the price he sets, regardless of what some of you say, so just frickin deal with it....
If you wanna bash mana do it via PM instead of spamming the boards with mindless crap

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The price he sets is the price he sets, regardless of what some of you say, so just frickin deal with it....
If you wanna bash mana do it via PM instead of spamming the boards with mindless crap
With all due respect, Puffinator, this comment you made is more spam than what many here have posted. The price is being negotiated because it was way too high. We're trying to increase Mana's profits. If we were to "just frickin deal with it", not many DVDs would be sold.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright

this is the last change so ill post it now. After sitting down with the other helpers of the dvd being ken and arash, this is what we discussed. This is the final price:

First off the cost of the dvd will be for those who attended oc3:

25 dollars + 5 for shipping = 30 total for the data disk which includes all possible matches to fit the dvd, coverage, and maybe interviews. Note a dvd disk is 4.7 gigs which means stuff has to be sacrificed to put in more of this other coverage. Remember shipping doesnt count or add in as the dvd price. The dvd price is in actuality 25 dollars.

optional, if you want to watch the best matches instead of lower quality and you want to watch it on a dvd player you can pay another 5 dollars for the dvd workable disk. This will only cost 5 bucks if you buy the original data disk, if you didnt buy the original data disk this disk can be purchased for 20 dollars separately.

Now for the good part: the first 50 who register will get to pay this price as well. Meaning you get everything for 30 dollars, shipping must be added on your part being 5 bucks. 2 disks with everything on it.

Hence, its 15 dollars a disk total. Remember if you dont buy the 2nd disk its only 25 dollars total for the data.

Remember shipping is based off where you live. So you are paying to send your product to your house. If you buy computer parts off new egg you have to pay for shipping and it applies to many online stores. So please do not say but that makes the dvd 35 dollars when it is only 30.

After registration hits 51, those who are planning to buy an oc3 dvd will have to pay 5 dollars more on top of the original cost.

Hope people are satisfied with these final results. I know people were hoping that the dvds would less than 25, but i think 25 is a very fair price for everyone because we spent our time and our own money purchasing equipment to make this possible.

petoo0

Smash Ace
this is the last change so ill post it now. After sitting down with the other helpers of the dvd being ken and arash, this is what we discussed. This is the final price:

First of the cost of the dvd will be for those who attended oc3:

25 dollars + 5 for shipping = 30 total for the data disk which includes all possible matches to fit the dvd, coverage, and maybe interviews. Note a dvd disk is 4.7 gigs which means stuff has to be sacrificed to put in more of this other coverage. Remember shipping doesnt count or add in as the dvd price. The dvd price is in actuality 25 dollars.

optional, if you want to watch the best matches instead of lower quality and you want to watch it on a dvd player you can pay another 5 dollars for the dvd workable disk. This will only cost 5 bucks if you buy the original data disk, if you didnt buy the original data disk this disk can be purchased for 20 dollars separately.

Now for the good part: the first 50 who register will get to pay this price as well. Meaning you get everything for 30 dollars without the cost of shipping added. 2 disks with everything on it.

Hence, its 15 dollars a disk total. Remember if you dont buy the 2nd disk its only 25 dollars total for the data.

Remember shipping is based off where you live. So you are paying to send your product to your house. If you buy computer parts off new egg you have to pay for shipping and it applies to many online stores. So please do not say but that makes the dvd 35 dollars when it is only 30.

After registration hits 51, those who are planning to buy an oc3 dvd will have to pay 5 dollars more on top of the original cost.

Hope people are satisfied with these final results.
quick clarification. people who attend OC3 pay 25 for the data dvd and 5 more if they want the workable disk yes? just making sure since i got confused. but im positive you meant first 50 to register get to pay what oC3 attendees pay?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

quick clarification. people who attend OC3 pay 25 for the data dvd and 5 more if they want the workable disk yes? just making sure since i got confused. but im positive you meant first 50 to register get to pay what oC3 attendees pay?

here i hope this helps petoo:

25 for the data disk
5 more for the dvd playable disk with only top matches (Example, mew2king vs pc chris finals) (optional only if you want a higher quality match disk )
5 more for shipping ( this is not my responsibility sorry )

total = 35 for everything

first 50 people who didnt go to oc3 that registered will pay the same price as those who went to oc3.
after 51 people hit the registration list: people who register then will have to pay 5 more dollars on top of the original price bringing their total cost to 40 dollars with shipping on their part.

Those who went to oc3 save 5 dollars no matter what and the stress of registering below 51.

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
After the new prices and all this, I will definitely buy a DVD or both. Props to Mana.

Note a dvd disk is 4.7 gigs which means stuff has to be sacrificed to put in more of this other coverage.
Not saying it is a need be, but if there is stuff being left out that is good enough to be on the DVD but simply cannot fit. Why not add the Vids left off to something like a CD-R (Unless of course it is a large amount of stuff) for a couple dollars. I mean if it is already encoded, make it like a request, and only burn them if they are ordered. Just an idea.

DRGN

Technowizard
Delphiki here

Question, I know this has been answered but it was a little unclear.

Is ALL of the footage on disc 2 also on disc 1?

I think I'll buy both anyway but I'm still curious.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
as ive mentioned

After the new prices and all this, I will definitely buy a DVD or both. Props to Mana.

Not saying it is a need be, but if there is stuff being left out that is good enough to be on the DVD but simply cannot fit. Why not add the Vids left off to something like a CD-R for a couple dollars, I mean if it is already encoded, make it like a request, and only burn them if they are ordered?
the stuff that is left out i will post on you tube for free. Everything is encoded. So yes all the stuff will get out to the viewers. As for the dvd itself. The data disk will contain everything. But since everything is compressed to fit the disk the quality of the matches will be poorer than if you purchased the higher quality dvd itself.

also delphiki i forgot to thank ya for sending the check for the oc3 tshirt. I appreciate it a lot. =). And bombsoldier gives his thanks as well. I hope you got in matches with him because donators had first priority playing him.

this is clearer:
disk 1 contains everything including footage from the event
disk 2 contains only the famous matches.

if disk 1 gets full i will sacrifice the higher matches because disk 2 will already contain them in better quality format. This is because if i sacrifice those atleast the lower matches will still be available to those who want it in the data disk. Not everyone buys the dvds to watch ken fight pc. They want their matches. So this is what im doing.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
i don't know about ken vs silentwolf, i'm like 80% sure we have that one

you vs bombsoldier we have for sure, i watched it the other day;)
Thanks alot Arash ^_^. It's good to know we have at least 1 set of a Canadian playing in tournament...>.>

OH ****! It's petoo0!!!

Battousai780

Smash Ace
here i hope this helps petoo:

25 for the data disk
5 more for the dvd playable disk with only top matches (Example, mew2king vs pc chris finals) (optional only if you want a higher quality match disk )
5 more for shipping ( this is not my responsibility sorry )

total = 35 for everything

first 50 people who didnt go to oc3 that registered will pay the same price as those who went to oc3.
after 51 people hit the registration list: people who register then will have to pay 5 more dollars on top of the original price bringing their total cost to 40 dollars with shipping on their part.

Those who went to oc3 save 5 dollars no matter what and the stress of registering below 51.
So basically I should send you my money right now for the cheaper discs no?

peachori

Smash Journeyman
wow, this dvd is a lot more reasonable now than when it was originally posted hehe.
hopefully they'll be a full match list up when possible so i can determine if i would like to purchase it. and maybe some info on the quality of the data disc vids? i may elect to buy the second dvd based on that.

props to mana for listening and changing the price though, that makes me even more likely to buy one

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
if disk 1 gets full i will sacrifice the higher matches because disk 2 will already contain them in better quality format. This is because if i sacrifice those atleast the lower matches will still be available to those who want it in the data disk. Not everyone buys the dvds to watch ken fight pc. They want their matches. So this is what im doing.
So am I reading this correct;

Disc 1 (DATA DISC);
Friendlies
Teams
Crews
Some Singles
BUT! Missing the Finals between M2K and PC, and possibly Matches like M2K vs Ken, Chu etc.

Disc 2 (DVD PLAYER COMPATIBLE)
Includes DVD Player Compatible HQ matches of the Finals (M2K vs PC, M2K vs Ken etc etc)

?

Arash

Smash Lord
t-rex: disc 1 contains every match:)

drephen: we should probably put up a list of matches sometime, but i know for a fact we have you vs king and you vs bombsoldier.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

So am I reading this correct;

Disc 1 (DATA DISC);
Friendlies
Teams
Crews
Some Singles
BUT! Missing the Finals between M2K and PC, and possibly Matches like M2K vs Ken, Chu etc.

Disc 2 (DVD PLAYER COMPATIBLE)
Includes DVD Player Compatible HQ matches of the Finals (M2K vs PC, M2K vs Ken etc etc)

?
disc 2 can only fit so much but yeah your reading it correctly. And yeah on disc one no friendlies, im hoping to fill that gap if possible with the venue footage. And lots of crews and lots of teams and lots of singles. Not just some. Lots. Like everything. HOpefully when it fills up ill have the best matches for disk two viewable on the dvd player.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
See? Economics 101 is your friend. Not to burst your bubble, but asking the Smash Community to promise not to rip the DVD's to YouTube won't change anything; it will be there. But I'm sure you knew that and wanted to sound like a nice guy as you finally realized lowering the price would increase your revenue. :laugh:

P.S. Are you retiring from Smash all-together or do you plan on coming back for Brawl?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
So basically...Disc 1 has quantity, but Dics 2 has quality...And finals semi finals etc. cant be more than like 30 matches... and thats pushing it. Yet Disc 1 might still have good matches and will include the finals? Just at lower quality. I understand that they are the same price, so unless u wanted slightly higher quality matches, or the same matches + more at slightly lower quality...Unless im missing something what is the point to the second disc. I know u said some people just want the finals, but considering the finals=other matches+finals in terms of price, its not worth it. Thats all im saying, and... i heard many people say that it wont get ripped cuz no one will want to put all that time and effort into something where they dont get anything out of it, i just want u to consider this: There are good people in the world who dont do everything to gain something, they do it cuz they are doing something for others, yes people like that exist. And second, at FCD they posted some 74 matches for free. I know that wont be quite as much as OC3, but i didnt hear any1 complain about encoding and high priced DVD burners for FCD. Also some1 pointed at low priced things compared to what u were describing aka DVD's 6 times cheaper, and DVD burners for less that half the price etc... No one replied to that so i am assuming that he has a point. Dont say this is spam because im considering buying the DVD, im just pointing out things i would like to alert every1 of.

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, i'm about to go play some Tribes. and i'll make a demo. I was one of the best at the game, so i feel justified in charging you money for it. HAI ISNT THAT GREAT?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Uh, im not about to post a link to FCD in an OC3 thread. I might get shot xD. Just search in tourny vids, and i think CopyCat posted it. Not that i really care, but lets get back on track for the thread...any1 mind answering my question?

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Mana for Pres

CAPITALISM PREVAILS!! Manacloud I don't know you at all but I wanna give you props for all your juking and jiving around everyone's very negatively opinionated remarks. Everyone is out there to make a buck people, its AMERICA! No one in the real world cares about Super Smash Brothers because there is no money to be made except for those crazy gods among us who actually win tournaments. And who are those people? Maybe like 10-15% of us? Have a little pride for your game and try to advance it by participating in its economics! What Manacloud is doing is ingenious and its HARD to do. Don't flame the guy for trying something different, GO HOST A TOURNAMENT AND YOU CAN BANK TOO! All you communists and hippies need to get out of my country before you start saying everything should be free. Since when is it expected for guys to work their bottoms off so you can have a good time at their tournament and watch their matches they spent time recording and encoding, for free! PUSH THAT PRICE AS HIGH AS YOU CAN TOURNAMENT HOSTS! Lets get some recognition for this game that we spend so much time on! Sign me up for these DVD's! Who wants to show their friends who don't play smash (as hardcore we do) videos on the computer anyway on a little youtube screen? Heavens no! Ill bust out that OC3 Dvd and show them the best! This game is all about pride, so I as a customer want Flashy Intros with some Character Descriptions of PC and Mew2King. I want a DVD cover that will blow my mind and I can be proud to put on the shelf! Pride for MELEE HOES!

ALSO
Since this game is almost toast, (But who can say since people still play 64 smash?) and while we are on the topic of DVDs. I'll tell you right now I'd pay 100 bucks for a greatest hits dvd of melee. Somebody get on that! Take all the best footage from all the major tourneys since the beginning and call it THE "EVOLuTION of MELEE" lol. (Screw DBR! lol <3 love that video) Show the rise of Ken and all the Major Players! That would be soo cool! Have lines like: "In 2004 FlowingWater created Falco." That ****'s epic! Show posts of debates on smashboards and all the major stuff. Show the development of Regions. We owe it to ourselves and those who have never known melee to DVD archive this game we spent what 7 years on!? GO TO IT MY BRETHREN!

SK92

Smash Journeyman
i respect manacloud and ken but im pretty pissed off that my matches with bombsoldier were not RECORDED! I did the twenty dollar thing so bombsoldier could get some money to return to japan. I wish those intense falco dittos were recorded. THAT SUCKS!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

i respect manacloud and ken but im pretty pissed off that my matches with bombsoldier were not RECORDED! I did the twenty dollar thing so bombsoldier could get some money to return to japan. I wish those intense falco dittos were recorded. THAT SUCKS!
that day the vcr wasnt there at night. On top of that it would have cost you ten more to record it for yourself. Lots of people didnt bring tapes as well. So it was tough to do.

Sorry you feel this way but dont direct this blame on us. Be glad you helped out bombsoldier thats what really counts.

Delphiki gave bombsoldier 100 dollars and didnt ask him for matches, neither did he complain. He got to see bombsoldier at oc3 and that was what he wanted. You must understand to get bombsoldier to come to oc3 was not an easy task. Lots of sacrifices on our part had to be made as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom