• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Oh boy. I'm at school and can't watch it, but I'm dying now that I can't watch it.

Here are some quick comparisons I did. I do not like link's face at all in this one. It makes him look too comical. I think gohma's size is due to the screen. But, it looks like the lighting will be much better in some of those dark areas. Not that lighting was ever a problem in the first one, but in this battle, it was really dark. I like being able to see in front of my face and the floor not look like glass (fog).

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Here are a few nice new images!

Gohma's 3-D model looks much better now.

This image definitely hints at what the new control scheme is going to be like. I wonder if the Ocarina is exclusive to that bottom-left button?

This image really shows how much more Link resembles the OoT concept art. One example that really stands out is the inclusion of the shoulder strap. I honestly really love this image; it clearly illustrates the differences in the graphics between the original and the remake.

This image really shows how much better the Deku Shield looks. And the camera angle in some of these screenshots makes me wonder if a free camera control feature is included in this game.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The bottom left, bottom right, and top right buttons are the c buttons, top left is c up.

Edit: here's what I think: X and Y are like 'quick use' buttons that would probs be used for long range weapnoms for most players and those corner buttons are the C buttons.

Thoughts?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The bottom left, bottom right, and top right buttons are the c buttons, top left is c up.

Edit: here's what I think: X and Y are like 'quick use' buttons that would probs be used for long range weapnoms for most players and those corner buttons are the C buttons.

Thoughts?
Sort of, but not exactly. I guess you could think of it that way, but the items appear to be X, Y, and touch-screen-only buttons, which is quite a change from the C buttons.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
God I can't wait for this. It looks so beautiful, kinda wish I hadn't just beat OoT.

Link40

Smash Cadet
I can't wait for this !
But I must agree, Young Link's face in 64 OoT looks better then in the 3DS Remake.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul

One of our community members, nicnec7, has translated the screenshot of the touch screen menu from Ocarina of Time 3DS (above). If you’re desperate to know every tiny tidbit about the game before the rest of the world then this should satisfy your insatiable lust for a little while.

* Eye in the top-left corner changes view from third to first person, just like the C-Up button on the N64.
* Top and lower-right corner buttons are Item Slot 1 and Item Slot 2, respectively.
* Lower left corner is the Ocarina.
* Red tab at the bottom opens the Map.
* Blue tab at the bottom opens the Item sub-screen.
* Green tab at the bottom opens the Equipment.
* The A button says Attack, for rolling.

The translation seems pretty solid to me, but if you can read Japanese feel free to point out any inaccuracies in the comments. Otherwise, simply share how excited you are for this game.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Probably the latter. I don't think they'd want to go through the same problems again.

Though, red blood would be just fine for Ganondorf to cough up. People have come to accept that as 'normal' over the past 12 years. Green blood, however good a censor it may be (it's not, it's a blatantly weak censor) just doesn't work anymore unless you're dealing with aliens.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Ganondorf doen't exactly look like he is supposed to cought up red blood. I like the green blood, it made that part more convinving to me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think "more convincing" isn't the right word to use (Gannondorf WAS a man, after all) but I didn't think it was that distracting.

Then again, the cartridge I had had the red blood so I didn't notice until I played the Collector's Edition version

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
It never really bothered me. His skin doesn't exactly look like it has blood flowing underneath it, and he is somewhat demon. If Link or Zelda didn't have red blood though, it'd probably seem a bit fishy.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I've always had the cartridge in which Ganondorf coughed up green blood, and as a kid I always thought it was vomit.

It's a terrible censor, yes, but in a way it makes Ganondorf seem less human and more like a demonic villain.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm listening to the original Fire Temple music and man..

I'm actually getting HUGE OoT nostalgia despite how relevant (and thus not very nostalgic) it's been over the years.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
It would be nice if the added maybe one or two new side quests, enemies, items or whatever. Of course they would have to be unrelated to the main story.

On another note, I can't wait to see the updated models for some of the bosses characters. Especially Ganon.

Man I need a job........ >_>

LLDL

Smash Hero
It'd be a cool addition if they have you select two different difficulties: Normal and hard difficulty. If you choose normal, it gives you the normal ocarina of time game. If you choose hard difficulty, it gives you master quest dungeons, without actually labeling the game as such.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
What the game needs is some kind of enemy log that keeps track of enemies you've battled and a boss battle mode. The addition of MQ would be nice, but I'm not so sure Nintendo will implement that.

IYM!

Smash Lord
What exactly IS the master quest?
is a version of OoT in GCN, this Zelda is the sane thing than OoT but the Dungeons are more dificult.

IMO MQ in this game wont be something new, will be better another kind of dificulty like harder enemies and harder puzzles

and the idea of Phantom 7 (boss battle) also will be cool

other cool stuff will be if nintendo give us the oportunity to play with Zelda or Ganon, to explain what thing they did, when Link is in the Temple of time sealed for the Master sword.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
other cool stuff will be if nintendo give us the oportunity to play with Zelda or Ganon, to explain what thing they did, when Link is in the Temple of time sealed for the Master sword.
this!

what a cool concept! maybe play side quests as zelda/sheik that ultimately ends up in her capture, but u still have to survive for a certain amount of time.

as ganon, who knows. but it might be nice to learn more about the other two triforce carriers

Spire

III
BRoomer
This won't happen. Don't get your hopes up at all.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, neither would I. That's the kind of gimmick that weak series implement to try and save themselves. Though I wouldn't mind a game centered around Zelda or Ganon in the future, just don't add that to pre-existing games.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
^ Yes, especially to OoT. It would ruin the game. Zelda games are designed to establish the feeling that the player "is" the character, and playing as another character would diminish that feeling significantly. To have the knowledge of a second or third character would shift the point of view to a third-person overseer, rather than Link, and that would ruin both the experience and the nostalgia for those who have played since their childhood.

IYM!

Smash Lord
^ Yes, especially to OoT. It would ruin the game. Zelda games are designed to establish the feeling that the player "is" the character, and playing as another character would diminish that feeling significantly. To have the knowledge of a second or third character would shift the point of view to a third-person overseer, rather than Link, and that would ruin both the experience and the nostalgia for those who have played since their childhood.
you are right, i forgot that special feeling. If we will with another character, that sensation will die.

But i hope than this remake comes with news game Modalities like Boss batles or Missions modes, i dont knw you name it

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
From what I can discern, that looks amazing.

But that brings to mind a question. Are we ever going to see 3DS game footage that isn't just someone filming someone else play? It looks like crap that way and half the time you can't even tell what you're looking at in that video.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Probably not until the official trailer or commercial for the game comes out. 3DS emulators are probably going to be a looong way oof after release too.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
The only ones they've shown so far like what you want to see are with the quick clips of all the launch titles for the 3DS. Those are like the only ones out there so far, but we just got to wait a little bit. I can't wait for this amazing piece of machinery either, and with all the titles so far coming out for it, PSP better watch out!

Top Bottom