• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Beautiful! I love the lighting of the 1st and the overall graphics of the 5th one, the water also looks great in the Water Temple.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I was thinking the exact same thing after seeing a comparison. The original room looks very dark. The new one looks much too bright. Also, they should keep the fog in the lost woods. Everything else is looking pretty good.

Gatlin

I think they should have made it look more forest-y. The room looks too kept up and clean, as if it is visited often. Some moss growing on the walls with vines or something hanging down from the ceiling would have given it a more appealing look. After all it is the "forest" temple.

Also I didn't really notice a color change until you said something, but the walls aren't purple in color in the original. Wonder why they changed it, because I agree, it really does kinda kill the hesitancy of entering the room.

[COLLAPSE=N64 Version of Phantom Ganon's boss room][/COLLAPSE]

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah, I was going to say the energy orb illuminates the room when shot, then it get's darker.

Gatlin

That's a good point. After all, the Bazaar's picture displays updates to the lighting with the lanterns, don't see why they couldn't add a special effect with the energy ball either.

Edit: Yay June 7th! ;D

Gatlin

Mmm, that is where I get a bit confused. I played the original OoT, but I never played the Master Quest version. I actually didn't even hear about it until just recently. What is the difference between the two?

Gatlin

Ah, I noticed the puzzles were slightly different in the Wii, as opposed to the Gamecube version of TP, so I would assume it is sort of like that. Cool :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
The puzzles were the same on Twilight princess, just a mirror image.

You guys are going to love master quest. Especially if you play through the normal version of Ocarina, and then go through master quest back to back. It's SOOOOOO fresh and challenging the first time around. I've had the master quest disc for years, since like 8th grade, but I just now played through it for the first time my freshman year of college. So glad that I waited, I had something to keep me occupied, it's like an ENTIRE new game, trust me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Ah, I noticed the puzzles were slightly different in the Wii, as opposed to the Gamecube version of TP, so I would assume it is sort of like that. Cool :)
Yeah, like Chain said, the Wii version of TP flipped the graphics to match Link's sword-holding hand with most people's. So, the puzzles are all the same, it's just what was West in the GC version is now in the East

Master Quest is more like a rom-hack of the dungeons. I think the dungeons layout itself is still the same (I might be wrong though) but keys and puzzles are in different spots.

Gatlin

Yeah, like Chain said, the Wii version of TP flipped the graphics to match Link's sword-holding hand with most people's. So, the puzzles are all the same, it's just what was West in the GC version is now in the East

Master Quest is more like a rom-hack of the dungeons. I think the dungeons layout itself is still the same (I might be wrong though) but keys and puzzles are in different spots.
Lol. Wow seriously? That is so weird, but I guess it makes sense hah.

Definitely want to try out Master Quest then, the same game only with a refreshment of different content would be awesome.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol. Wow seriously? That is so weird, but I guess it makes sense hah.

Definitely want to try out Master Quest then, the same game only with a refreshment of different content would be awesome.
Yeah it's awesome. Same game, same cutscenes and stuff, none of that is changed. But the dungeons are harder, they put more dangerous enemies in the dungeons, and some puzzles are completely different. Some layouts are also changed, but for the most part, you'll have an idea of what to do, the basic goal of each dungeon is the same. You'll LOVE the spirit temple, quote me on this when you play it haha.

Spire

III
BRoomer
There's an Iron Knuckle in the Fire Temple. **** like that is what makes Master Quest epic.

Gatlin

Water temple is soooo easy in MQ. I seriously beat it in like 15 mins.
Yeah I heard this as well. Apparently the Water Temple in original OoT was said to be too hard, so they tweaked it a bit?

Also Iron Knuckle in Fire Temple? Haha fun, now I don't have to wait till Spirit!

7 years

Smash Rookie
I've been thinking. If OoT for 3DS is a massive success, do you guys think we will be seeing a Majora's Mask remake?

Gatlin

Maybe if we're lucky and there's enough demand for it. :)

Ecks

Smash Lord
So basically MQ is like a hard mode?

anyways, after seeing those pictures, this game just turned into a 100% must buy the second it's out for me. I haven't played oot in like 8 years so it'll be really awesome.

Wonder if ninty will release a zelda themed 3ds with it.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
MQ = sometimes harder, sometimes just different

mode

Gatlin

I'm curious though, what did they change in the Water Temple to make it "easier" in MQ? Like moving switches and keys, or removing rooms?

IYM!

Smash Lord
I've been thinking. If OoT for 3DS is a massive success, do you guys think we will be seeing a Majora's Mask remake?
would be nice.

Off topic- Link OoT is back.

His design was used from 1998 until 2005. AfterTP came, darkening the OoT design.
This caused that Link OoT was supplanted by Link TP in Samsh Bros.

In short, I expect to see Link OoT in the following Smash bros, not to Link TP, and in any way to SS Link.

On topic
ah, i just said that because, in a fight against Bongo Bongo, i nitificated than his hand took less time in recover after being hited by an arrow. but maybe was my imagination or something like that

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
It's sad that nintendo can release this game a gazillion times and some poor suckers will still buy it. XP

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I have the origonal N64 Version but I never like went any farther than getting to Hyrule Castle.

Damn I'm lazy >.<

Top Bottom