• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Texture Pack Thread - Version 3 Available Now!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I hope you can get through the Castle Town stuff - I've seen those files, and it looks super-complicated with all those different files floating around. Those textures need major help, though.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I like the eyes and hair better in the original and also would I have to redownload your rom for it?
I changed that, and now they look much more believable. Read the updates, please.

I hope you can get through the Castle Town stuff - I've seen those files, and it looks super-complicated with all those different files floating around. Those textures need major help, though.
Yeahhhhhh, that's the problem.:ohwell:

By-Tor

Smash Cadet
I'm not much into hacks, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to use gecko OS?

Manaboy

Smash Cadet
HI, I just wanted to ask a question related to N64 Texture Pack I did not want to start a new thread.

is it possible to load texture for n64 games on the wii virtual console Zelda OOT WAD?

probably not right?

The latest GeckoOS lets you use chests on channels so is it possible to have a hack/cheat that directs all texture loading to the SD card? somewhat like what Phantom Wing did on SSBB file replacement hacks

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642

the advantage being that the variation of hardware, hardware drivers and set-up are not a problem as working on the wii is locked hardware variation

if it is possible the the only one capable of finding it is probably Phantom Wing, don't know if his a member hare

hope some light can be shined on this.

thanks

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
HI, I just wanted to ask a question related to N64 Texture Pack I did not want to start a new thread.

is it possible to load texture for n64 games on the wii virtual console Zelda OOT WAD?

probably not right?

The latest GeckoOS lets you use chests on channels so is it possible to have a hack/cheat that directs all texture loading to the SD card? somewhat like what Phantom Wing did on SSBB file replacement hacks

the advantage being that the variation of hardware, hardware drivers and set-up are not a problem as working on the wii is locked hardware variation

if it is possible the the only one capable of finding it is probably Phantom Wing, don't know if his a member hare

thanks
I don't know, actually. I've been wondering that myself, and if I could do it, I would definitely try. :ohwell:

Manaboy

Smash Cadet
so which is it, Phantom7 or Phantom Wing :confused:

or is there a Phantom clan???? with 7 of you :confused:

Spire

III
BRoomer
so which is it, Phantom7 or Phantom Wing :confused:

or is there a Phantom clan???? with 7 of you :confused:
That's Phantom7, totally unrelated.

And by the way, great job! I went back and looked over the pics in the OP and realized that there's a great amount of work put into it and I applaud you. Now if and when I can test these out, I'll get back to you asap on how they feel in-game.

Unless someone else wants to try 'em out.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
That's Phantom7, totally unrelated.

And by the way, great job! I went back and looked over the pics in the OP and realized that there's a great amount of work put into it and I applaud you. Now if and when I can test these out, I'll get back to you asap on how they feel in-game.

Unless someone else wants to try 'em out.
Thanks. I have been putting quite some work into it! It's not a major improvement from the previous upload, though, unfortunately. However, I'm currently adding and editing more textures to make them look as convincing as possible. Brace yourself for what I'll have up here in a couple of months.

Oh, and my and PhantomWing's work is are not related by any means. Coincidentally, we both use the root name "Phantom" and make texture packs.

Spife

Smash Master
this looks nice, not sure if I'd like the oldskool nostalgic graphics more though.
(pseudo tag)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Cool. But, I believe I have seen a newer version (the action button's text is different, text when you enter areas is different, etc.). It is definitely worth it to play with these textures now and then.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You spelled Kokiri wrong in "Kokori Forest", but it looks great and different enough from the TP texture pack. I love how these high-res texture packs make the game look like a Gamecube game (especially in the Forest Temple). Oh, and Desert Colossus looks superb.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
You spelled Kokiri wrong in "Kokori Forest", but it looks great and different enough from the TP texture pack. I love how these high-res texture packs make the game look like a Gamecube game (especially in the Forest Temple). Oh, and Desert Colossus looks superb.
Woops... my mistake. I believe I've already fixed that, though, since I redid the area title text, but I'll check.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Dude, the new textures are completely awesome. They have this strange Skyward Sword-Sonic Adventure 2 feel to them. Once I get a proper PC running (I'm on a Mac), I'll be sure to run your texture pack.

I salute you P7.

EDIT: I have one complaint. The red brick building in Kakariko does not look as three-dimensional as it did before, with the textured railing and dropshadows. Might want to fix that up.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The new graphics/texture face off:

Phantom7 vs 3DS

Who will win? ^_^

Dodging Traffic

Smash Rookie
Related/unrelated question. I want to take this Ocarina redux a step further...does anyone know how to hack the audio in the game? I'd like to import some orchestral stuff and get rid of the midi crap.

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
I just downloaded and installed your textures, Phantom7, and they are outstanding!

I find it hard to believe you did this, but I know you did. You have my applause.

[EDIT] found 1 problem, lens of truth does not work properly with the texture on

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
I do hope that you're still working on this Phantom. I just took a peek at it and... Its the best Texture pack I've seen. I hope you havent Given up.

SmasherLink

Smash Apprentice
Tekusuchapakku no okage de, kore wa nihongo de subetedesu. Anata wa Phantom 7 kuruda.

Translated in English:
Thanks for the texture pack, and this is all in Japanese. You are cool Phantom7.

Didn't Know but now how to translate in Japanese, sweet:cool:.

etecoon

Smash Hero

probably not right?

thanks
I don't know, actually. I've been wondering that myself, and if I could do it, I would definitely try. :ohwell:
curious if anything more is known about this now? pics look amazing, I'd definitely want to play it but idk anything about N64 emulation, it would definitely be more accessable to a lot of people if it were possible to do it with the VC version and wii HBC

AzureFlameGod

Smash Rookie
I'm having a problem. Not all of the Textures aren't loading for me. (Eg. Grass, floors in Dodongo Cavern, the black brick walls in Kakariko Village)

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
That's great that you were able to share your modifications to a Zelda game, but why wasn't I allowed to share my modification of a DKC game? My thread was closed.

jjmo

Smash Rookie
just letting phantom seven know...

i noticed that the spinning clouds in the title screen are not seamless... they appear to have lines. do you plan on fixing this?

EdgeNinja

Smash Rookie
i noticed that the spinning clouds in the title screen are not seamless... they appear to have lines. do you plan on fixing this?
I noticed this as well immediately. The sky in the intro cinematic looks like it's divided into sections. Haven't tried the rest of the game yet.

Top Bottom