• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ocean State Smash 2!

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
The second installment of Ocean State Smash is happening on April 28th, 2012!

Address
1094 Bald Hill Rd, Warwick, RI 02886
Phone
401-821-GAME
Website
http://www.ButtonMashersVideoGames.com

SCHEDULE

10:00am - Store Opens
11:00am - Sign ups for Melee Doubles
12:30pm - Melee Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins
1:00pm - Melee Doubles Starts
1:30pm - Melee Singles sign ups
2:45pm - Melee Singles sign ups end, and seeding begins
3:30pm - Melee Singles starts

ENTRY FEE AND PRIZES:
(All prizes will be paid in cash.)

Venue - $5 per entrant
Singles - $10 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Prize Pool for doubles - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%
Prize Pool for singles - 1st/2nd/3rd - 60%/25%/15%

All sets that will determine cash payouts will be played as best of 5.

Stage Selection
:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick Stages: Kongo Jungle 64, Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise.

Teams Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium
Counterpick Stages: Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64

Stage strike is 1 - 2 - 1

MELEE RULESET

Matches are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule (explained below). Losers Finals, and Winners Finals are best out of 5, with Grand Finals being best out of 7.

Advanced Slob Picks:
The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Before any stage is selected both players may agree to play on a specific stage or to not play on one of the random stages. (If both players don't like Battlefield, then you can agree that Battlefield will not be played if it comes up as the random stage)

Additional Rules:

• For teams play: team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

• Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach must not say anything to the player (in terms of advice) until the match ends.

• Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set.

• Mages DQ Rule:
• • • 2 Minutes Late – Warning
• • • 4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
• • • 6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

• Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

• Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warm-up time. Once the tournament has progressed specific setups will be open for friendlies and money matches.

• If you leave during the tournament please sign out with the host.

• Watch the profanity.

I look forward to seeing you all there! Questions or concerns, please contact me at 4018377860.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
If you're hard for more than 4 hours you should play some Melee.

Any continuing hardness after at least 15 minutes is a cause for alarm, and you may need to see Dr. PeePee.

Bubbl3s

Smash Rookie
Hypeeeeee: We need to get some more in this RI smash community, so I know I'll be there, bringin a squad haha. Do they need any setups here?

Cummings

Smash Apprentice
Ledyard, CT (Right next to Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun)
be there. Ill bring my setup, but its nice to see that i wont be the only one with recording, so maybe i can record some more of my own matches =D also ill see if i can get the audio working better.

looking forward to it! second tourney in a row!

quick question, does this 5 consecutive tourneys thing happen every year? or is this just coincidence?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Lately we've been pretty solid on tournaments. Not a yearly thing, just a fact that NE smash has been seriously on point with tournaments.

Counting swagg3 two weekends again that makes 2 months (8 weeks) with a total of 7 tournament in NE with no conflicting dates.

Pretty beast for everyone, I'd say.

Nick$

Smash Rookie
I'll be at this too. I should be bringing 2 or 3 people from the Groton, CT area.

Elen

Smash Lord
Will I make it in time for singles?! Will Philip still be asleep!?

Find out next episode.

Top Bottom