• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Odd glitch.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
This happened once during a match with my buddy Oreo. He was ICs and I was messing with Kirby. What appears to happen is his input (either just a c-stick fsmash or walk+fsmash) resulted in the Nana to turn around instantly from edgehogging and use a fair.

Anywho, here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paUwtSmQyjg

Just wanted to get some input from the IC players and see if any of them have experienced this before, maybe if anyone wants to try and spade this a bit we can see if it can be done with any regularity. Not gotten it replicated yet, but then again I'm having trouble getting it set up right so yeah.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
That's pretty awesome. I've never had that happen to me, but that's extreme useful. Does anyone know how this is done?

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
If she's directly under Popo, Nana will float in the air for a moment, resulting in the ability to Fsmash and Fair at the same time.

Desync to get her to the ledge, then to do the floating fair do a walking Fsmash.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
As an aside, I'm working on another technique and seeing if it works with other chars besides who I discovered it with. If you're standing near the edge (not teetering, but close) and dash off the edge and smash the c-stick while pivoting back you can get Nana to fall off the stage and meteor under the edge while Popo remains safely on the stage fsmashing. Hard to time but could be useful against the likes of CF and such? More risky though because mistimed will either 1)Let the opponent back on easily while both climbers fsmash in away from the edge, 2)Put both climbers off the level bairing under the edge, or 3)Have Popo off the level attacking while Nana remains on the stage. I'll toss a video of that up tonight or tomorrow when I get new batteries for my camera.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I actually use a technique similar to this as an edge guard.

When your really close to the edge do this with extreme speed:

Dash forward, Dash Backwards and press Forward C-stick plus z and hold.

Nana will float off the edge doing a F-air while Popo charges his F-Smash. She will then grab the edge and Popo will release F-smash while she is still invincible.

calprinicus

Smash Cadet
when you are edgehoguarding and Popo is above you can use your forward smash (not c-stick). No matter how much you charge, nana's timming is always the same and you can time it out so you desync the two smashes one after another. here is a video link by void who found this a while back. he maybe able to explain it better then me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8TH7OBqHLc

0:24
it's a very effective edgeguard.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, I see. Sorry bout the thread then, all. Haven't been playing the ICs in Brawl and didn't see that vid. Carry on with the ice climbing.

Top Bottom