• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*OFFICAL* 2006 FL Tournament Player Statistics

Mav

Furries For The Win
The current disscussion going on in this thread are which FL smashers (The FL community opinion as well as OOS'ers that have played us A.K.A Neo, Comp, Tetra and MookieRah's opinions are welcomed) in your opinion could best represent the state of FL in the Smash AID 7 Crew Battle.

Below are a list of Smashers who have confirmed that they will be indeed going to Smash AID 7.

List of Smashers Attending SAVII

Central Florida Region

Dark Falchion
Exarch
Mankosuki

South Florida Region

1-Up
Doodah
FlowinWater
Johnny
Lambchops
Maverick
MBP Mike
Noucles
RockCrock
Thomas Tipman
QDVS
XIF

And now what you guys are all waiting for. The Statistics!

2006 South Florida Player Rankings **List is currently way incomplete**

Lambchops
Primary Character: Falco
Tournament Placings: SACS- 1st, Nexus- 1st, Fort 1- 4th

Maverick
Primary Character: Marth
Tournament Placings: SACS- 5th, No Jutsu 2- 2nd, Get Commited- 1st, Nexus- 2nd, Fort 1- 2nd

Flowinwater
Primary Character: Falco
Tournament Placings: SACS- 2nd, Nexus- 3rd

Thomas Tipman
Primary Character: Gannon
Tournament Placings: SACS- 3rd, No Jutsu 2- 1st, Get Commited- 2nd, Nexus- 5th, Fort 1- 13th

Johnny
Tournament Placings: SACS- 9th, Get Commited- 3rd, Nexus- Last?, Fort 1- 9th

QDVS
Tournament Placings: SACS- 9th, Nexus- 4th, Fort 1- 5th

RockCrock
Primary Character: Fox
Tournament Placings: Nexus- 7th, Fort 1- 1st

XIF
Primary Character: Peach
Tournament Placings: SACS- 17th, Get Commited- 9th, Nexus- 13th, Fort 1- 9th

Below are a list of tournaments that have all ready happened in the year of 2006. They are sorted by the name of the tournament, the host of the tournament, the region where the tournament was held, the total attendence of the singles tournament, and the top 6 or 12 results of the singles tournament (Depending on the size)

2006 Florida Top Placings Tournament Player Statistics

Month of Febuary

SACS Issue #1
2/5/06
Tournament Host: Thomas Tipman
Region: South FL
Singles Tourney Attendence: 61 Man Tournament

Singles Results (Top 12)

1 Lambchops
2 Flowin
3 Tipman
4 Comp
5 Maverick
5 Tetra
7 Rafa
7 Fox Hound
9 Johnny
9 QDVS
9 Animal Control
9 Synikal

Gigabits 3
2/11/06
Tournament Host: Gigabits Owner
Region: Central FL
Singles Tournament Attendence: 20+ Man Tournament

Singles Results (Top 8)

1 Dark Falchion
2 Vericz
3 Derf
4 RFX
5 Nafix
5 Fenrir
7 Exarch
7 Angrylobster

No Jutsu 2
2/11/06
Tournament Host: The WiLL

Singles Results (Top 6)

1 Tipman
2 Maverick
3 Fox Hound
4 Punisher X
5 Shin Chaos
5 Synikal

Get Commited
2/18/06
Tournament Host: Ryan
Singles Tournament Attendence: 64 Man Tournament

Singles Results (Top 12)

1 Maverick
2 Thomas Tipman
3 Johnny
4 1-UP
5 RL
5 Raffa
7 Goldwing
7 Dark Falchion
9 Exarch
9 XIF
9 Doodah
9 Derf

Nexus
2/25/06
Tournament Host: Jestics
Singles Tournament Attendence: 30+ Man Tournament

Singles Results (Top 8)

1 Lambchops
2 Maverick
3 FlowinWater
4 QDVS
5 Fox Hound
5 Thomas Tipman
7 RockCrock
7 Synikal

Month of March

Gigabits 4
3/11/06
Tournament Host: Gigabits Owner

Singles Results (Top 6)

1 Exarch
2 Dark Falchion
3 Hozart
4 Fenrir
5 TheLaw
5 Nafix

Fort 1
3/25/06
Tournament Host: RockCrock
Singles Tournament Attendence: 40+ Man Tournament

Single Results (Top 12)

1 Rock
2 Maverick
3 Sheikssbm
4 Lambchops
5 Noucles
5 Qdvs
7 Fenrir
7 Dashizwiz
9 The law
9 Johnny
9 Keepspeedn
9 Xif

Keep the tournaments coming

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I had a real nice post typed up last night, but the internet went ********.
Good ideas Maverick; I mean that.

However I would like to see some kind of diversity in determining these things. You say those who attend the tournament, which seems to be fair and all. But lets make sure theres some kind of representation of tournaments from all over the state. At the most recent Gigabits tourney, CFL pulled 24 people, whereas PAWS had about 27 from SFL.

Those tournaments are almost equivilant in regional people pulled, yet I would GUARENTEE it wasn't waited the same in the over all determination. Even IF CFL and SWFL and Neo hadn't come to paws, it would have been weighted the same. You know that--I think.

Just a less unfair treatment, some sort of recognition... This isn't unreasonable is it?

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Master of Diversity: (The one person who used the most characters in tournament matches)
This category sucks. It shows that the person isnt really good with anyone... and has to rely on counterpicks for the edge.

Otherwise it's all good.

:bigthumbu

Mav

Furries For The Win
RockCrock: Some of the awards are just for fun. Like the one about Jonz. Gives more people a chance to get recognized for something.

EDIT: At PAWS there was representation from the 3 main FL communities. Those being, Central FL, South East FL and South West FL. Which is why it was considered a "FL State Tournament." Dispite the fact that Neo was there, doesn't change the fact that it was still a full fledged FL Tournament.

Aside from just Central FL, what other region was at Gigabites? If you can prove that there was fair representation of at least 2/3 of FL, then sure I'll include it in the list. I understand that most FL tournies are hosted on the east coast of FL, which makes it difficult for west coast to attend all of them. So I think 2/3 is fine. So Exarch, can you give me a list of people who attened Gigabites, along with the regions they represented?

Young Ic3

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea.... Wait I started this.

But the top 5 is IMPOSSIBLE. Just for the simple fact that they're 2 5 placers.... top 8 or 16 would sound more legit.

They'll still be a Beastcoast Awards :)

-1-

Good idea though....

co_and_me

Smash Lord
So you have to have 2/3 of florida represented like if one person from SFL shows then its 2/3. I just see this being kinda pointless. Plus how r u going to keep track of how many different characters someone uses in a tourny match. IDK maybe it will create more diversity but all in all seams pointless to me.

Mav

Furries For The Win
co and me: 1 Person representing a whole region isn't exactly what I'd call fair representation wouldn't you say? Obviously there would have to be an X amount of players at least from certain regions. As for the character thing; if you're aware of your surroundings then you might pick up whose generally selecting multiple characters during tournament play because obviously, you yourself wouldn't know what you're up against when you have to face him.

Exarch: Still awaiting more info on Gigabites.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
or maybe, i don't know, this might be a stupid idea, you give out awards for specific regions when you have tourny statistics factored into your ranking.

exarch

doot doot doot
Mav, you know i don't have that list, and im sure you're aware that it was only CFL.

But Paws only had 2 from CFL and 2 from SWFL;
Maverick said:
isn't exactly what I'd call fair representation wouldn't you say?
Looking at it this way, the most recent tourney with fair representation of 2 of the '3' smash regions was Kissimmee. Before that I'd argue Fort1 and MLG. I don't think theres actually any more tournaments FL had this year with 'fair representation' of more than one part of FL at it. Maybe Omnismash.

You can think ZP2 or paws had fair representation of CFL and SWFL, but there was no more than 2 people from each of these regions at these tourneys (idk if SVC was at ZP2 just guessing) but this just shows your bias.

On top of that, if you are only counting only 3 FL regions; which you seem to insist on; then you can only blame yourself for not making every FL tourney a major one. If it happens in another region, and neither you nor the other region go, you can only blame yourself. Just because one region is more willing to travel doesn't mean they should be punished for it. Home field is an advantage in tournaments; at least thats what i thought you were getting at after Kissimmee...

And Obviously CFL is more willing to travel. Where did the people who attended Gigabits come from? Orlando to Deland, as far southwest as Lakeland, to the North with Gainesville and as far southeast as Melbourne.

I'm sure you would be the first to tell me that the SEFL community is much bigger than the CFL one.

I would agree, but then point out, how is it that a community which has not existed for more than 6 months pulled a tournament with regional players almost as large as the 'biggest' tournament in SFL? Last gigabits had 24 people. PAWS had 26 from SEFL. CFL is more willing to travel.

Whatever Maverick. I realize recognizing a new region of FL has good smash is difficult and all, but I thought we got through this after Kissimmee. This thread irks me. Thats all.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
lol yeah thats was pretty much my point you just typed way to much to say it. I mean you cant expect that everyone will travel to every tourny. Plus does this include only fl tournies what about OOS tournies. I think XIF got third at one of the GA tournies. Would he get any thing towards recognition for that? I just think with so many X factors that this is impossible to be fair and truely represent everyone.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
ease, ex...
I know where you're coming from.

Now, Maverick...before you go making up your own rewards and giving them to people, just consider everyone involved. That's all we ask.

And I'm curious what the 3 regions are... If you are talking about SEFL, SWFL, and CFL, then that's slightly unfair... We are the most traveling region of the state lately. we also have to drive the farthest.

Going to Sacs, for example, would take me 4 hours of driving time. I'm not doing that, but last i heard some others from up here were.

If you want to give all these awards to s. fl guys, go ahead. You'll just make a fool of yourself if one of us wins one of your tourneys. But that's a risk that you can take.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk trash here... but you do tend to be one-sided in your judgments of FL. You always will put S.FL guys before C.FL. You have to admit that.

Anyways, I'm out.

deland pro

Smash Rookie
where is the tournement being held??? im new so um i dont know what half of what yall are talking about but can you tell me about the FL tournament ok thx

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
No recognition for NF or Panhandle smashers either. :(

It's alright though, I hardly consider myself a "florida smasher" since all I do is OOS tourneys. (SACS is almost 10 hours from me)

Mav

Furries For The Win
Bro why is everyone getting so deffensive? I'm not favoring any region over the other so everyone stop your B*tching. Before you guys start pointing fingers, how about you stop for a second and ask yourselves....

What does Mav gain out of doing this?

Absolutly nothing that's what.

Exarch: You obviously took what I'm doing the wrong way. Yes you are right about the representation, I hadn't thought of it like that. I'll give you that. But I don't favor anyone's region. If you wind up winning everything then woo-hoo congrats for you. Just remember that money is coming out of my own pocket to pay for the awards I plan on giving out. So how am I gaining anything out of this. The truth is I'm not. I thought this would be a fun little event I could do for FL as a community. But obviously you feel that I'll be bias and favor my own region.

You know what fine, I'll include every tourney that is held in FL. Everything from random smashfest tournies that are 6-8 man, to large scale single regionals that only have people from that region in it. I hope that makes everyone happy.

exarch

doot doot doot
maverick: fair enough--realize I'm more long-winded than upset or whatever you want to call that, my bad mang.
And we can fix this potential for bias. Maybe some sort of senate that determines whether we accept the tourneys as 'official' as you called them. Maybe 1 from SEFL SWFL CFL and NFL to approve. or we could do bicameral one have the above with another one, with 5 from SEFL, 3 from CFL, 1 from SWFL and 1 from NFL. As long as the people on it didn't go power hungry.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm sure it's not intentional Mav, it's just that Florida is a big State so it's only natural you know more about South Florida than anywhere else. Becuase of that though, I think it'd be better to rank only S. Fl. and maybe C. Fl. instead of the entire state.

I doubt you know much about the people in Panhandle, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, etc. Just like I don't know anything about you guys. We're just pointing out that people get left out that way.

Mav

Furries For The Win
well that's why it's your job to help me out. I after all did ask for the communities help didn't I? I obviously can't be at every tournament so I need help with this.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Actually, the regional thing can actually help identify who the stronger players are per region!

I know I hate ratings but this will help alot on who the best players in FLA are.

NFL tourneys for example can help identify who dominates there
SWFL
SFL
CFL

are the regions. 4 regions so 4 people should be incharge (or more) of taking down tourney results:

I nominate maverick for SFL
I nominate Exarch for CFL
I nominate QDVS for SWFL
I nominate Mankosuki for NFL

It can be more if any of these people need help! The FLA community can get together and we might just become the most organized smash state! I'm liking this it shows alot of promise!

HOLLA

MetalGemini

Smash Cadet
????
w/e I just came looking for the pie? Any one know where it is?
..I guess Exarch would be a good rep for CFL.

Oh and btw, hes def right about CFL being more willing to travel (had to travel over an hour and a half to reach gigabits. So much fun, I know! and Im willing to do it again on the 11th!)

Now where do I get some pie?

Mav

Furries For The Win
Major update. I decided instead of making alot of BS awards. I'll make 2 awards for each region. This isn't offical yet, alot of it depends on the money I got. But as of now, I need people to start posting tournament results here for all FL tournaments. I can't be expected to keep track of everything.

EDIT: Those awards being, Best Singles Smasher in _____ region, Best Doubles Smashers in _____ region.

DooDah333

Banned via Administration
RockCrock said:
This category sucks. It shows that the person isnt really good with anyone... and has to rely on counterpicks for the edge.

Otherwise it's all good.

:bigthumbu
no it only shows insecurity if you're good with only one character.....

oh and the money match thing mav, shouldnt u have someone at each tourny do all the money matches? like have everyone who wants a Money match with someone to write it down on the "money match list" and then give the money to the MM person.and then this way all the MMs can be recorded

1-up

Smash Journeyman
thats doodahs gimmick the whole ****ty character thing... but i dont know about attacking everyone who plays with GOOD characters... cough cough

DooDah333

hahahaha yur an exception beta.....i mean c'mon yur good with the worst character in the game.....no 3rd jump?!!!! wtf? thats almost as bad as falcos recovery

MetalGemini

Smash Cadet
Oh so ur anrgy! Then Ill just make you watch the care bears for an hour! How would that make ya feel? (Im pretty sure ud be either really effin happy or or down right psychotic angry!) Wow its gonna be weird to meet in irl. Then again Im the weird one....

exarch

doot doot doot
OK SO SAVII is up!

Here's the issue: There's State Crew Battles. Why is this an issue? Because it means we are going to have to pick FL's 5/10 best. In a state with this many good smashers, its hard to pick the best. I know Maverick and I have already discussed this topic, but I don't think we want to overrule everyone. Anyone's opinion is valued here... but a list of people I see as possible candidates for the FL crew are:

Rockcrock (Fox/Ganon)
QDVS (Marth)
Maverick (Marth/CF)
Flowin (Falco)
Noucles (Fox)
Lambchops (Falco)
Johnny (Marth)
Tipman (Ganon)
Peachtress (Peach)
1up (Sheik)
Synikal (Marth)
GreenMario (Mario)
SheikSSBM (Sheik)
DarkFalchion (Marth)
Exarch (Peach/Ice Climbers)
Fenrir (Fox/Sheik)
Nafix (Fox/Falco)

This is all IMO, but i think most would be agreed on as top competitors in FL's community. If I left anyone out, feel free to make alternative suggestions.

Our mission as a community is to form a 5 and 10 man crew from these listed players and others you will mention. Let me stress that we do not want solely the highest placing people at every tourney. We are looking to create a crew with good character variety--hence the character listings beside the players.)

A crew consisting of Rock Nafix Fenrir Noucles and Chops is not a good idea. However a crew with Nafix, DF, Fenrir, Derf, and Exarch makes a dangerous mix. (w00t CFL XD)

Personally I think Rockcrock definitely gets on the crew~and leads it. However, the rest are more up for grabs. Post your opinion here!

And if any of the players listed do not intend on going to SAVII, or just don't want to be reppin FL, then post, and I'll take you off the list. I have no idea how this will eventually be decided; but while I figure that out, please discuss.

EDIT: Oh yeah this should NOT be about buddies but about honest opinions. Don't take offense to anything in this thread, or we might as well not have it. You should feel honored if you make someone's crew list, and should feel nothing but an impulse to do better if you aren't on everyone's. Say what you think is best for FL smash. That said: my 5 and 10 man crews.

5man: Rock, Flowin, SheikSSBM, DF, Exarch
10man: Rock, Flowin, SheikSSBM, Maverick, Lambchops, Tipman, DF, Exarch, Derf, Nafix

I'm not even certain on these. This is too hard of a topic for a couple of people. We're gonna have to figure this out FL.

derf

Smash Ace
i officially withdraw myself from consideration for this. there are more deserving people who have been to more tournaments than i have and can beat falcos. i would gladly be on a florida crew, but only if there is a shortage of people

by the way, "flavor of love" is quite possibly the most ridiculous reality tv show ever

DooDah333

i saw darkfalcion get anhilated by chops at xifs house how is he any good fer a top player?.plus i beat u with mew2 and dk exarch(no offense) and what about 1 up and synikal??1 up has without a doubt the best shiek in fl.....after tipmans
(but hes too good to use her)..and syn is just CAHRAHZAHY!!!..green marios mario isnt,in my opinion,top of state crew material,at least not yet.and with rock on there, there really wont be any need fer another good fox player....sorry boys but we know rock pwns.fer falcos yes it should be chops,and peaches well id have to say peachtrees(no offense exarch),cuz hes so young and fvcking awesome.i dont know bout the rest....my opinion peeps dont hate....infact yes hate upon hate upon hate

Top Bottom