• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
no way in hell falco is up there thats bull****! so overrated i swear. as far as it representing the current meta game its pretty accurate.

falco qnd sheik need to trade places and the rest would be fine.

Luigi is also mid teir below doc imo but low teir is fine for him i guess
sheik is not very good lol. Besides her dthrow chain grabs, just no satisfaction or dignity lol.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I can't believe this list is actually finally here, and how similar it is to the Official Non-MBR list, except this list is just slightly better.

I think Jiggs/Fox/Falco makes since because IMO the matchups between them are like

Fox 55:45 Jiggs
Falco 55:45 Fox
Jiggs 55:45 Falco

which kinda balances them out, of course their other matchups matter too outside of themselves but against I don't know that any of them have a losing matchup against anyone (though marth is arguable pretty close to even or so with all 3) and also Falco supposedly loses to Peach so that may throw this off. I'm not sure that most everyone agrees on my idea of Jiggs 55:45 Falco, but IMO its because its like fighting fox except Falco's best traits are for naught against Jiggs. His combos are gone, he doesn't have the aerial killing ability of fox, can't really gimp Jiggs, and Jiggs is the best in the game at avoiding lasers.

Also Falco can't be at the top like many have said if it really is true that he loses to Peach and Jiggs... (slightly of course)
Hungrybox..........I......*sniff* ummm.. Yoshi is... "Negligible" Tier.....:( :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Really? :(:(:(:(

;_;
Don't cry, do something about it! The only reason any character on this list makes it anywhere is because there are names of winning players behind each of those characters. Don't let it get you down, the locations of names on a list has no power over what is happening in a match.

In other related news. Yoshi is the character I'm worst with, lol. My pichu, kirby, ness, etc are all better. I just can't play him. More respect for your abilities though

Oh ya I don't get Gengar tier... whats up with that? Am I missing something?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
you guys have never played a real falco. Play Mango for a few hours then come back and tell me Falco is bad. Just before Apex I saw him almost Jv 5 stock Lucky (beat him taking only 7 damage). A perfect Falco might even be the best character. I don't care if you can powershield every single laser he has, the highest level of play his comboability is ********. After a point, even if you DI really well you will be comboed to 50% + from one attack, then be put in a very bad position off stage. His recovery isn't bad at all if you are clever with it, especially when you can use shinestalls and wall jumps intelligently.

Linguini - Sheik is amazing, and counters ganon very hard, but Falco is better at the important matchups slightly and is more likely to do better in tournament in today's metagame.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Bull... ****ing... ****. On Young Link's placement.
haha agreed. just need more good young links!
my best friend has an amazing young link, just needs to enter more tournaments, he gets a little nervous. kid's got skillz.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i don't know why people think sheik is better than falco (fl esp hehe).

if people are conceding he's at least as good as fox and maybe better, how could sheik compete? loses badly to both puff and fox and even with falco. woohoo

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Don't cry, do something about it! The only reason any character on this list makes it anywhere is because there are names of winning players behind each of those characters. Don't let it get you down, the locations of names on a list has no power over what is happening in a match.

In other related news. Yoshi is the character I'm worst with, lol. My pichu, kirby, ness, etc are all better. I just can't play him. More respect for your abilities though

Oh ya I don't get Gengar tier... whats up with that? Am I missing something?
I know.. I'm not really... sorta just disheartened ya know. :( but I completely understand the reasoning(s) and hopefully that can push me...to push him further you know...:)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Vectorman you have THE nastiest yoshi i've ever seen. Don't let it get you down man, you got this! Regardless of his placement on the tier list, you're going places with that guy :)

Lovage

Smash Hero
overall a pretty good list, i appreciate hbox/kk and the rest of the mbr for working on it

i would put fox/falco above puff in top tier, but it's too close to call pretty much

also i really disagree with negligable tier. yes we KNOW those characters suck at least give them a real tier lol.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The Negligable tier came about due to the lack of real usable information for those specific characters. With no real tournament data and nothing but general subjective opinion we were mostly getting no where with attempting to arrange them properly. Though there are some generally accepted ideas about who's worse than whom in the last tier it came down to the inability to factually prove it.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
The Negligable tier came about due to the lack of real usable information for those specific characters. With no real tournament data and nothing but general subjective opinion we were mostly getting no where with attempting to arrange them properly. Though there are some generally accepted ideas about who's worse than whom in the last tier it came down to the inability to factually prove it.
yeah that^^^

was putting Gengar on this list Taj's idea?
no, just mine lol

Lovage

Smash Hero
i absolutely agree with them being in their own tier, even with them being a 5-way tie

just give it a legit name, garbage/useless/negligable is dumb

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Yeah, and i swear link is on the same level as DK, at least. HDL played/placed better than any DK main.
Anyways, Falco, Fox, and Jiggs... Tied? You guys couldn't come up with anything more specific than that?
That can't be true! What be the oddz??

And Mew2 is soooo underrated.
Y.Link is sorta underrated.

Lower tier mains know more about our placement within our own tier.
Better than this at least. You know it's bad when we got Vectorman complaining....

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Well long story short, the earlier tier list (umbreon posted it) did not accurately represent what was happening in tournaments/metagame at ALL. Hence, discussion began and eventually people starting posting their own tier lists. KirbyKaze added a fresh new approach by basically moving all characters down a tier (essentially the same thing but not really) and making Bottom the actual "garbage" or negligible characters. I responded to the feedback of like a few dozen players and then the entire backroom was basically set on the idea, save a few minute changes in low tiers. (They were subsequently changed)

I fully supported the "cluster" idea (having ties) because I believe it is representative of a constantly evolving metagame but with a number past techniques and advantages still prevailing in a consistent matter.

Tournament results did heavily influence the list, but with that in account and taking heed of the tournament atmosphere and viability, the "cluster" method was even more supported. In a nutshell, Ties = Peace and variability, which is ultimately the foundation that our tournament community is based upon.

****, I want some fried chicken.
Shaeman here's your answer

otg

Smash Master
I like this list, tho I think Jiggs should clearly be #1 above the spacies. I'm also not so convinced that Doc should be separate from the Ganon/Samus tier, but whatever.

I'm so excited for Low Tier tournaments now!

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm sorry, but I have to take issue with your tier list. This reckless bias cannot be tolerated. Gengar simply CANNOT be seen in such low standings.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Sad to see Peach move down! :( I truly believe she is Top Tier. God Tier on a good day where she pulls many stitch faces, bob-ombs, and so on...

:peach: is da bess!!

Geist

Smash Master
It's about **** time.

I have to say I like the idea of characters essentially tied with eachother.
Everyone already has all their theories about this and that, I'd much rather say the hell with it and settle for easy compromise.

I'm wondering the reasons behind the split of the two higher tiers that only have two characters in either of them though. Are they really that far apart?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
At least Ganon is tied with Samus, so that seems about right, dunno how I feel about the top tier class, but it's what's in the current metagame as of right now, so it should reflect and it does.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I love you guys! :)

Dude I saw your matches and I was about to argue that Yoshi is Bottom, but then I considered tournament results.

=/

I'm a HUGE fan, though. I CAME to your vid against that Falcon on Pokemon Stadium. You are truly one of the the MOST talented players I've even seen.
you can do it. your yoshi jizzes me.
yeah vector your yoshi is actually really ****. good work =]

but your mewtwo was better

<3
I feel bad for v3ectoŕman. His Yoshi made my jaw drop and I fully believe he is to Yoshi what chu dat was to ice climbers... minus the whole... makin the character upper tier thing. That'd just be silly (but of anyone can do it its him lol).
Vectorman you have THE nastiest yoshi i've ever seen. Don't let it get you down man, you got this! Regardless of his placement on the tier list, you're going places with that guy :)
I like it. sorta. . . .
Better than this at least. You know it's bad when we got Vectorman complaining....
Man..... You all... are such amazing people.. all of you as players, individuals.. and everyone as a community... I dont wanna make this sound ackward or anything (no homo) but I really love you guys... I really wish I could've met so many supportive people in my years growing up.. I had it rough...but seeing this light in people in general... is just so nice to see..not to mention it is highly, highly motivating for me as a person, player.. and becoming a man in life.. seeing such kindness...:) you all are soo amazing..

Ty so much everyone... As my favor to make it up to all of you...I believe...ummm

Any of you who want/would like combo videos... In due time I'd like to be the one to make them for you.. ^^; <3 this community!:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom