• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Tourney placement matters 15% out of the 100. The rest should be left to each characters match-ups against the cast.

Matchups are what should make a tier list.

Ganon is better in matchups then Samus is. Against her and against a few other mid tiers.

Hugs is only ONE PERSON. Just because ONE PERSON can do it doesn't necessarily mean it's the character. Samus is good in her match-ups but Ganon man handles the match-ups.

I swear if I see anyone referrers to one player doing good with the character again, I'll lose all hope in this already semi hopeless community. >_>
even if hugs is "just one person," hes done a helluva lot better job at proving samus' viability than any ganon has.

tell me again who ganon "man-handles"? im pretty sure both ganon and samus have a tough time against the upper characters

edit:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257235

it even says there that samus actually has better matchups against the top 8 or so if u tally up the relative MU scores.

dede_495

Smash Cadet
well, tier list have to be made from char's potential and not from tournament's results xD
btw, for a great coincidence, we (BR people) will rediscuss our tier list too ^^
probably, we will post here when it'll be finished for u guys check =D

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
Mango is clearly trolling, I bet he doesn't belive half the **** he posted.

Shame on you guys for taking it seriously.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I don't think Puff is top tier but that's just me and I suck so it doesn't matter.

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
exactly which why tier list truly doesnt matter

every ( good character ) is all equally the same

depends which character is playing better on that day

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
i 100 believe everthing i said

LOLLLLLLLLLLLll
ROFLLLLL. It was like a second later. Mango is also mastah trollah
Who can really say if he is or isn't. Either way, even if Mango doesn't agree with himself
IRL I still agree with myself about my earlier post. People need to stop complaining about Puff.
The matchup is gay. But upthrow. DI!
B throw on the ledge yes gay. BUT just don't get grabbed. Mango moves around alot and does it on purpose. Know why? So he doesn't get grabbed and it comes with the added bonus of keeping his opponents on his toes. At the current meta game people like Silent Specter have proven that Puff can be beaten. People just need to step their game up. Yes the rest is GAY.
The point is even Mango knows he's beatable. It's just that the players aren't on HIS metagame. Sometime in the future, sooner or later there will be people (and this is scary to think) that are better than Mango. People just need to stop *****ing and get better K thanks!!!

:DDDD

Pi

Smash Hero

wooo
a legit post

any way, to elaborate more;
it's not about which fair beats which nair
or about how has more priority in ____ situation

it's about baiting, mindgames, reactions, followups, tech chases, smart decisions, punishes, mistakes

all of which is not character specific

if your characters moveset loses when pitted against anothers, then don't pit it against them! bait an approach and punish that approach

read their habits and punish them

melee is a fast fast game, with too many variables to consider

i don't care if your marth and a mewtwo is running/wavedashing at you
you're going to have to guess how to react, and if you guess wrong you're going to get hit

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ok i know these were just freindlies but

my jiggs has 2 stocked ss while my marth has lost/went even back at tp4, and my jiggs did better vs hax than all my other chars (with planking i got off 2 4-stocks). I do think she is cheap if you use her properly. Hbox/Mango don't play her as gay as you can. She can rising stall at the top of dreamland for a minute and a half and plank a lot of characters really well. Just because people won't do it doesn't mean SHE can't do it.

If people are going to make the connection that MK is broken and bannable because of what I've done + what MK is capable of doing, then I can make a connection with Jiggs in the same way (except Jiggs can stall better because of rising pound + planking with no Ledge Grab Rule in melee)

edit - oh I do agree almost every of the top chars are viable, but I still think some are clearly better than some others.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i thought that bowser is 2nd if played perfectly. but i guess u need tourney results.

and tiers. . . hehe, won't make u play better!

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i thought that bowser is 2nd if played perfectly. but i guess u need tourney results.

and tiers. . . hehe, won't make u play better!
yeah the practicality of tiers should be put into perspective

anyway, did u see me reference u way back?

WE NEED TO PLAY SOMETIME!!!!

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
all i gotta say is doc>samus and ganon. he has better representation and better MUs against the top 5..

doc can chaingrab spacies and sheik. pills and fair **** jiggs up(along with arguably the best rest punishments). and not that many marths know the doc MU lolol.

kage cant beat falco. i said it.

samus gets destroyed by marths with good spacing.

DJRome

Smash Hero
doc loses to top 5, peach, cf, ganon. ganon is even with marth, falco, and cf (close). fail logic

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Lol I like the look of the old lists better.. xD

Man, the metagame has really changed from when Melee was in its prime to now... Ken, PC, Azen and co. should really come back. :p

Good stuff though HBox! Everybody go reppin' Jig.

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman

my jiggs has 2 stocked ss while my marth has lost/went even back at tp4, and my jiggs did better vs hax than all my other chars (with planking i got off 2 4-stocks). I do think she is cheap if you use her properly. Hbox/Mango don't play her as gay as you can. She can rising stall at the top of dreamland for a minute and a half and plank a lot of characters really well. Just because people won't do it doesn't mean SHE can't do it.

If people are going to make the connection that MK is broken and bannable because of what I've done + what MK is capable of doing, then I can make a connection with Jiggs in the same way (except Jiggs can stall better because of rising pound + planking with no Ledge Grab Rule in melee)

edit - oh I do agree almost every of the top chars are viable, but I still think some are clearly better than some others.
The thing is, again, we don't have people playing a tournament winning Falcon. Yes SS and Hax are incredible but they still lose. It's the player losing for whatever reason ( nerves, bad day,controller sucks/broken, etc) I mean Mango beat Hugs with Mario and other really good players. It's. The. PLAYER. After you examine the player THEN you look at the characters short comings. Yeah I know that kirby isn't ever going to be tournament winning material. But in the end who really knows? No one has taken the time to explore other characters.

People like Mofo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbqze0rnfQs

If more people tried to see what other characters ( Yes. I'm a falco main but I have been before I knew there were tourneys for Melee) are capable of we would see more Nesses like this. And other Yoshis like V3CTORs. DireVulcan, before the metagame progressed was one of the best if not the best ( what evs Fumi >_>) Yoshis.

Yes Jiggs is Gay like that for being capable of planking. But the community as a whole would/will eventually figure out a strat to beat her. Things in this game we didn't even think were possible two years ago are happening today! Let time pass and see where we find ourselves. Let's train and get better and stop complaining about everything we don't agree with.

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman

why don't you play jiggs in tournament if you're getting such amazing results against all these good players?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Cuz I'm better with Sheik, Marth, Fox and can handle all the matchups with them. That doesn't mean I think they are better characters, I am better with them. You can say that to any main of x character to use y when they are better with x, and their x will do better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wow ylink is def better than roy...sorry but its true. thats my only problem with this list.
This.

Young link can kill things that are in the air, roy can not.

Also, people really think ICs are better than ganon?

doc loses to top 5, peach, cf, ganon. ganon is even with marth, falco, and cf (close). fail logic
ganon isnt even with ****

Honest question, Is there really honestly a character out side the top 7 that have an even or better matchup with the top 5?

IMO peach should be in the sheik marth tier, as I believe tournament viability ends with her.

CF is clearly a cut above ganon/IC/samus, so he should be in that tier by himself.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

True. I'd say everyone from middle-higher is capable of wining a tournament depending on brackets. Everyone else...thanks for coming, I hope you enjoyed the tea and coffee cakes, GET THE **** OUT!!!!

I would LOVE to see Jigs plank for 5 minutes in national Melee finals OMGGG

Then I can be like

"YESSSS... We're all so gay no matter what game."
Nah man that's the last thing we need. Any kind of Puff in Finals has already started to damage the hype as is. Last thing we need are planking puff's in finals. :mad:

@da kid. Are you serious? I agree Peach should be in with Marth but as for IC's being worse then Ganon you've gotta be joking.

based on what I've seen first hand It would make sense if Ganon, IC's, were moved up and Mario/Pika were moved into mid to replace them.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
iono, Im not an IC expert, but every time I see them they just seem so... rapeable.

obviously they can still get a grab and kill you at any point but in this instance it seems like theres way more variables to consider as opposed to brawl, which leads the ICs to get seperated much more easily, and for them just to die, really fast...

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Yay.
Top tier could do away with the ambiguity but w/e
Glad mewtwo is above yl.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
iono, Im not an IC expert, but every time I see them they just seem so... rapeable.

obviously they can still get a grab and kill you at any point but in this instance it seems like theres way more variables to consider as opposed to brawl, which leads the ICs to get seperated much more easily, and for them just to die, really fast...
I would tell you to watch some good IC's play but it seems like you've done that. I'll tell you to play some good IC players instead. If you still think they are rapable after you play Chu or Wobbles or Uberice then I'll concede to them being ****ty characters.

leelue

Smash Lord
Holy crap this thread added 2 pages since I started reading where I last posted. This is crazy.

Lol young link... I agree with bn better than Roy but who cares? If it ain't mewtwo, or Vman playing Yoshi, talking Bout low tiers is 100 percent more useless than learning how to spell on the internet.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
some things I think should be chaned like yoshi isn't = to any of those bottom tiers he's better bowser is closeish. and I think fox/falco should be tied above puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom