• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2010 Full Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Nope. He is very good against every character that is not top tier and some high tier characters
He gets ***** by fox, falco, and sheik and does well vs Marth, and does good vs the rest of high tier, however he gets ***** by space animals and sheik, therefore bad.

Laijin

Smash Hero
He gets ***** by fox, falco, and sheik and does well vs Marth, and does good vs the rest of high tier, however he gets ***** by space animals and sheik, therefore bad.
Yes. He does get ***** by Fox, Falco and Sheik. But your forgetting there are like 25 other characters in the game and hes pretty good against most of them. Therefore, good.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Nice videos, I actually watched all of those awhile ago and saw the doubles match in person, I actually do enjoy watching falcon, but hes still bad :/

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I saw the doubles in person too. However I still believe that Falcon is a good character. He just requires a lot of skill to land all of his combos and you have to have that no fear no think mindset. To be able to know they are going to roll one way or to move so fast that you don't have time to think, thats what it takes to play him haha.

Plus to not be afraid to jump so far off the screen you have to up B your opponent just to get back, thats always a bonus skill to have :p

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Losing badly to the most prominent characters =/= good character is what Vex is trying to say. In Brawl, DK goes even with Snake and arguably even with ICs, beats Marth, and arguably beats Wario. MK, Falco, and Dedede all **** the **** out of him. As a result, DK's not a good character.

Falcon losing to Fox, Falco, and Sheik as opposed to doing well against other good characters is the same deal.

Rajam

Smash Champion
G&W is a better example of that. despite he ***** almost everyone below him in the tier list, he loses to MK, Marth, Diddy and Snake, therefore, he isn't a top character (and most important, many people agree he is a non-viable singles character)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yes. He does get ***** by Fox, Falco and Sheik. But your forgetting there are like 25 other characters in the game and hes pretty good against most of them. Therefore, good.
sorry buddy, but theres only at most 7 characters in this game. Falcon is not one of them, and loses to all the characters that actually matter.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Losing badly to the most prominent characters =/= good character is what Vex is trying to say. In Brawl, DK goes even with Snake and arguably even with ICs, beats Marth, and arguably beats Wario. MK, Falco, and Dedede all **** the **** out of him. As a result, DK's not a good character.

Falcon losing to Fox, Falco, and Sheik as opposed to doing well against other good characters is the same deal.
really dont think dk is a bad character because of only them, anyways falco and ddd are the only real bull**** MUs.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
theory wise falcon is terrible

he has very little options for approaching - nair is like his only really viable option i guess the knee approach can be viable in certain situations but thats it

his recovery is the EASIEST one to edgeguard in the game in fact the entire cast can edgeguard falcon fairly well without much effort

he has to get ridiclous reads to combo most of the chars used in tourny while all the other characters mostly used in tourny have automatic combos i.e chain grabs shine combos or sheik combos

hell he gets chaingrabbed by so many people its fcking ********

however because of his awesome combo game in the hands of a great player he can be amazing which is why when u lose to a falcon u know u got outplayed because in theory that character is trash

Prawn

Smash Master
isnt part of falcons greatness the ability to make opponents feel completely helpless and their buttholes hurt cause of the ****** they've received?

thats what makes him good

POUND 5 HYPE

Laijin

Smash Hero
sorry buddy, but theres only at most 7 characters in this game. Falcon is not one of them, and loses to all the characters that actually matter.
Are you dumb?
Or are your opinions just dumb?
Falcon is a very good character.

You're saying someone like SS or DarkRain beat very good people while their using a terrible character?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You're saying someone like SS or DarkRain beat very good people while their using a terrible character?

Axe did it. And I dont see people clammoring for Pikachu to shoot up the tier list, or saying that hes now a relavent character.

Some people are just good enough to overcome character deficiencies.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord

Axe did it. And I dont see people clammoring for Pikachu to shoot up the tier list, or saying that hes now a relavent character.

Some people are just good enough to overcome character deficiencies.
So being high up on the tier list or people saying a character is relevant validates that character? Falcon satisfies both of those conditions.

AXE 09

Smash Master

That's because everyone knows that he's still not a very good character.

Falcon, on the other hand, remains at high tier because everyone knows that he is a good character. All high/top tiers are good characters.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Biglou GAY *** POSE DAWG

EDIT : LOL @ GDX's face expression in the album pic.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Was obviously just copying the way Luigi does it, don't hate plz.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Just popping in to say that Falcon is a terrible character. I know for a fact after having talked to Hax and Scar that they feel the same way. It is infinitely easier to win pretty much any of the other high tiers amd overall requires a lot less thought/prediction. You lose to a Falcon and you either played the matchup wrong or you flat out got outplayed by a better player. He has NO good high tier matchups (except maybe Ganon, and even then, not by very much).

I say this after having mained Falcon for 2+ years.

PB&J

Smash Hero
hey ..just popping in to tell people that falcon is a great character..this community is so dumb sometimes..before pound 3..puff wasnt good ..just ok no she is broken..lol

doesnt falcon mains always get top ten at like every national tourny..which even then doesnt mean anything

axe..please keep getting top 5 with pikachu for this so call dumb tier list has to keep changing since its usually based of tourny results..lol (where it shouldnt in the first place)

tier list will always change since people are always discovering new things about this game

let people think falcon is bad..he will **** anyway..

some people just dont get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom