• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Snakeee

Smash Master
I play with Mike G. :)
Woah did not expect you to respond to that lol. Was that supposed to scare me? I know you're one of the best Ganons but what does playing with Mike G have to do with anything? I guess it's good that I play nothing like him though, good luck in pools.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Woah did not expect you to respond to that lol. Was that supposed to scare me? I know you're one of the best Ganons but what does playing with Mike G have to do with anything? I guess it's good that I play nothing like him though, good luck in pools.
lol I'm just joking.

EDIT: I do play with Mikey a lot. But that obviously wasn't the joke.

Chip.

you know what to do
Unfortunately it appears I will not be attending Pound anymore. I suppose I'll have to save up my money for the next big, perhaps final, Melee tournament before Brawl so I can go to that.

Cort come to WA lol. I still want to MM youz. =)

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
Cort where can I find information on ledge grabbing and wall jumping invincibility frames? Also, do they differ from character to character?

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
This may have been asked already, but I didn't read through every post.

What throws do you use on non-fastfallers in low to mid damage ranges? I try d-throw to something but I can never work out anything well. Also, what would you follow up the throw with?

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
Is this useful or practical at all? I posted it in a few places, but I haven't really gotten any noteworthy responses. Or at least from credible/reliable sources. I thought maybe bringing it here would get it some critical attention due to the brilliant people that peruse your thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ShLS82W4Vhg

Cort

Apple Head
Cort where can I find information on ledge grabbing and wall jumping invincibility frames? Also, do they differ from character to character?
iono
This may have been asked already, but I didn't read through every post.

What throws do you use on non-fastfallers in low to mid damage ranges? I try d-throw to something but I can never work out anything well. Also, what would you follow up the throw with?
v
d-throw followed by dash attack is good.
yes
Cort, how did you find kage's ganondorf?

He usually 1stocks me, sometimes 2.

=(.
I don't care for the Peach vs Ganon matchup >_> I pooped on him with Fox because its too easy, but he's extremely good vs every other character
Is this useful or practical at all? I posted it in a few places, but I haven't really gotten any noteworthy responses. Or at least from credible/reliable sources. I thought maybe bringing it here would get it some critical attention due to the brilliant people that peruse your thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ShLS82W4Vhg
that was silly and not practical

albeit, cool

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
Well this was what I posted about it I don't know if I'm right about anything I thought maybe your expertise could help validate/discredit.

There are both ledge grabbing and wall jump invincibility frames working to your advantage and it is a ridiculous mindgame after a bait or a sweetspotted recovery.

From the grab you can choose any throw or from the waveland you could choose a different move besides grab. Other characters that can walljump can do the ledge stall wall jump waveland plus move of choice.

It is flashy and technical, but probably useless. I probably did not do it as best it can be done and I don't have AR nor video editing tools so I don't know the vulnerabilities of this tactic and consequently its practicality. I did it on a computer, but I'm sure it'd work on newbs, possibly on laggy moves against pros.

If practical, it is an alternative to non-lethal ledge hopped knees or moves since you redirect the opponent with their back away from the stage setting you up for lethal knees or gimps. It is also an alternately safe way off the ledge and into your shield utilizing invincibility frames. Or I don't know what I'm talking about.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Peach can't hit you if you're attacking her.

Forward smash her out of her float approaches.

CC dairs into downsmash.

Cheat better.

Cort

Apple Head
cort why don't you want to ditto me for hours on end? it would have been glorious :(
ehhhh we had a good set in pools, despite random car johns. I think I had enough for that day...
Peach can't hit you if you're attacking her.

Forward smash her out of her float approaches.

CC dairs into downsmash.

Cheat better.
I fell for all of this multiple times

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Hey cort/DoH, what do you think about samus vs peach? Is it an even match-up? What can samus do that really screws up peach?

Also, is wooper you're favorite poke'mon? If so, why? If not, then who is?
>_>

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I played HugS in this match this weekend and it was fairly even...I beat him on Dreamland, he 2 stocked me on stadium, and I 2 stocked him on FD.

I think Samus vs. Peach is pretty even, but ultimately Peach has the upper hand, but it's not unwinnable for Samus.

First Peach can eat missiles with virtually every move. Slaps, dash attacks, smashes, nairs/bairs, everything. That's kind of a major problem for samus because it removes her main way of approach and across the stage pressure/sheild drain. I think a well timed bair can eat a fully charged charge shot as well, but I haven't tested this in a while.

Secondly, downsmash takes away one of Samus' main strats of CCing, which severely hampers her game, whereas Peach retains her CC ability.

Third...I think Peach has easier kills. Outside of a gunpunch or downsmash, I think it's much easier to fair samus off the level and just throw turnips at her bombs than for samus to land a kill on peach (which outside of the 2 smashes I mentioned is probably going to be a nair or bair.)

To really screw up peach, samus should have impeccable spacing to avoid fc approaches and retaliate with fsmash/downsmash. Screw attack out of shield is also really annoying, as well as not dying. Just take advantage of Peach's weaknesses and try not to recover so predictably.

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah, they do.

One thing that really irks me about people is when they base all their assumptions off a grand total of 1 or 2 sets.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
surely he can take a joke.

also wtf @ anyone else being up.

also wtf @ me being up when my first class is at 1:30

Cort

Apple Head
I have a twisted sense of humor

..as you could see my post wasn't directed at you. There are still a lot of really annoying clueless people out there that go on and on about match ups when they really have no clue what they're talking about.

Top Bottom