• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

edub

Smash Apprentice
Alright I main Peach and she's an awesome character one of the best in the game, but I cant beat any really good Fox's even crappy Fox players are still a handful. I can play fairly well against all others but Fox is so tricky and hard to read not to mention he has the infinite shine to u-smash thats so cheap. How can i clown Fox's Cort? Help me out for Peach's everywhere that hate Fox!
just hold down and press c-stick down rapidly

or ask the fox player to hold down so that you can walk up to him and c-stick down

works like a charm

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Alright I main Peach and she's an awesome character one of the best in the game, but I cant beat any really good Fox's even crappy Fox players are still a handful. I can play fairly well against all others but Fox is so tricky and hard to read not to mention he has the infinite shine to u-smash thats so cheap. How can i clown Fox's Cort? Help me out for Peach's everywhere that hate Fox!
a few things i learned v fox:

dont leave openings
cg
ccdsmash b/c they might be holdin down, thinking their going to shine
chain moves together extremely well. once u get an opening, abuse it

Snakeee

Smash Master
Thanks alot Trademark.... those were the stages I was actually thinking of using. I wanted to make sure though so that pretty much clears it up. I need some advice on the matchup besides counterpicking.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
a few things i learned v fox:

dont leave openings
cg
ccdsmash b/c they might be holdin down, thinking their going to shine
chain moves together extremely well. once u get an opening, abuse it
Yeah I already know that, the thing is Fox can run around you and camp lasers, the only time you have a chance is when they mess up a shine.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Thanks alot Trademark.... those were the stages I was actually thinking of using. I wanted to make sure though so that pretty much clears it up. I need some advice on the matchup besides counterpicking.
DK's shield sucks a lot. A simple FC fair into dsmash will (maybe) poke through his shield and hit. It's good to take advantage of this. Pressure with lots of turnips and follow them up with aerials. Space well and don't dash attack into his shield so you don't get grabbed. Cort can correct me but if you're grabbed and uaired at low % I would DI up to get out of it getting hit with another. Wiggle and try to air dodge or something to get out.

And Bair if timed right CAN hit DK out of his up B. Don't bother throwing turnips when he's recovering, it won't do anything.

/2¢

Cort

Apple Head
I took Bum to FoD at my first counterpick (high ceiling, slightly smaller sides, awesome platforms to dsmash on)

DL64 is okay too, but Bum just has ridiculous DI as well so he ends up living just as long as you do.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I took Bum to FoD at my first counterpick (high ceiling, slightly smaller sides, awesome platforms to dsmash on)

DL64 is okay too, but Bum just has ridiculous DI as well so he ends up living just as long as you do.
Damm, what about Jungle japes, or mute city. I have to deal with that monkey at the zenith today so I wanna know what is best for me to do.I get close to beating him but as usual at the end I always **** up.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmmm. maybe rainbow cruise might be a good one.

I'm Not too sure. I guess its all skills when it comes to bum, I'll watch my matches that I have up with him some more. I did very well against him, Might learn something from there

Cort

Apple Head
Rainbow Cruise would be a dumb idea unless you camped your ass off the entire time.

If he grabs you make sure to struggle as hard as you can. Also the ceiling on that level is ridiculously short at nearly all times.

edit// What am I talking about? Just never go that stage unless you plan to play like a *******.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Rainbow Cruise would be a dumb idea unless you camped your ass off the entire time.

If he grabs you make sure to struggle as hard as you can. Also the ceiling on that level is ridiculously short at nearly all times.

edit// What am I talking about? Just never go that stage unless you plan to play like a *******.
Hmm.... Well then I dont know I'll take him to ether mute city or jungle japes. I got pretty good at edgeguarding bum (finally) so I think I would need some stages that I can edge guard him well. He banns mute city on me though. He did that at my crew tournament last week. Maybe Jungle japes I can do some damage on

dark.pch accept my myspace FR so i can b cool
Ha ha ha! alrighty sir

Cort

Apple Head
Japes should never be on at any tournament you go to. It's an absolutely bull**** stage that shouldn't see the light of competitive play.

Cort

Apple Head
The space between platforms on JJ is ridiculously large. It's retardedly easy to camp on this stage.

Also, the Klap Trap. It's the epitome of stupid and random. Yes... let's all throw in a random factor to determine who wins a set or not at major tournaments.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
I think it might have been asked before, but i just want to know how to do the xif anti-marth edge guard? My friend main's peach and i told him about a edge guard technique but i couldn't describe in detail how to do it....

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I think it might have been asked before, but i just want to know how to do the xif anti-marth edge guard? My friend main's peach and i told him about a edge guard technique but i couldn't describe in detail how to do it....
are you talking about the float w/a turnip faceing the stage above the edge then drop and drop the turnip and catch the ledge? cuz if so that's how you do it.

Samochan

Smash Master
the what?

XiF stole that from me.
Wasn't mikael also doing that kind of thing? I swear I've seen it on some really old vids and around the time when mikael became known. But who cares who's trick it is (albeit it definately isn't Xif's :p ), it's just another trick on the book. No one cares about who found out wavedash first for example, lol.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
Cogsmooch: yeah i was talking about that. When my friend drops the turnip he doesn't grab edge from the xif stole from cort anti-marth edgeguard (better cort)?

Cort

Apple Head
No, I've never seen Mikael do it once, ever.

I started doing this more than a year ago.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jgwAjlmnuic 1:30. This video was made on November 30th, 2006

And I've been fooling around with z-dropping turnips ever since I started playing HRC (way back in 2002...)

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=516492 <- I made this account when I first started playing HRC competitively on GameFAQs

I don't particularly care if I'm not the one who "found it" despite KNOWING that I definitely made it up by myself, but it's definitely not XiF's just because he showcased it over and over in his poopy "combo" video. =P

/destroyed

Top Bottom