• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
That's what the Pikas said about the cg on MK, Falco, and others till I showed them the light.

Trust me, it's a cg.

sasook

Smash Champion
Specific questions: Does fthrow>fthrow combo at low percents?
You can combo a f-throw into another at very low % on specific characters. I forget which ones specifically.
I think the heavyweights - D3, Bowser, DK. It can work on some semi-heavys too, but it's risky, i.e. Snake, Link, Ike.
For the last time the f-throw chain does NOT work! lol
i knew that...:lick:
Well, you can probably pull off 2 in a row through sheer unexpectedness, right? But yeah, technically it's escapable 100% of the time.
Well, you can probably pull off 2 in a row through sheer unexpectedness, right? But yeah, technically it's escapable 100% of the time.
2 f-throws on the heaviest characters at 0%, if you're lucky. Other than that everyone will jump out afterward.
I used to think it was a CG too. I was wrong though.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I'm not particularly bothered if it only works on two characters, to be honest. ROB is kinda not such a great character anyway. All of the ROB mains in NC either don't play him 100% the time, or have switched over to another character entirely. And if it works on Snake (which I've not yet seen proof of), then hell yes; **** Snake.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves and just assume this will be banned straight up. This (currently) only works on one character so I really don't see how this is any different than Fox.

EDIT: I tried it on Snake- It didn't work. Could be wrong though.

Also- even IF the infinite is banned (You know, cause we're going to rock tourneys so hard without even trying now right?) I've played around with it in general and I can confirm that it is a PERFECT set up for the Step-lock (for those that CAN be Step-locked).

Less useful things include being able to hit b-air and f-air immediately after the footstool (depending on character). This kinda stuff still remains to be tested.

What about two ZSS's in teams? One person Downsmash/Footstools and the other person d-smashes again. That would be 100x easier and WOULD work against every character (in theory).

So basically, even if the d-smash infinite against ROB is banned (which is unlikely due to lack of representation for both parties), there is still (maybe) potential with this new discovery and shouldn't be discarded just yet.

Snakeee

Smash Master
The thing with 2 ZSS' Spec wanted to try at BTYF, but we never got to try it....it's only another 2 vs 1 lock, and thats not really a big deal

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Okay, I just got this cg to work on Snake 0-60% on a large stage. After 60%, Snake can escape. The only thing Snake can do doing the cg is pull a nade, but if you are fast enough you can cg past them.

sasook

Smash Champion

It's not a CG, he can jump out of it and/or dodge the second grab attempt. Are you doing this against a person?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I have a replay of me cging Snake all the way across FD, 0-52%. Can someone record it for me?

Also, Snake cannot jump out in time and he isn't on the ground long enough to dodge it. The only thing he can do is pull a nade.

sasook

Smash Champion
Can you please tell us if you're doing this to a person or not? If you're doing this to a CPU.....lol.

Snakeee

Smash Master
K Prime are you serious? It doesn't even work once at 0% if they DI and jump/airdodge. Even if you're just fighting a computer, I'm surprised they're not getting out of it until over 50% o_O

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I'm controlling both players, playing the game frame by frame. Trust me guys!!!!! You have to buffer a dash grab for it to work. If you don't buffer it, then they can escape.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I'm controlling both players, playing the game frame by frame. Trust me guys!!!!! You have to buffer a dash grab for it to work. If you don't buffer it, then they can escape.
Show us video of you doing it against someone in a match and maybe we'll believe you.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I got a different replay of me going across FD on a lvl 9 cpu, since Snakeee thinks cpu can escape it. I want you guys to know that this is very hard to do, that's why you guys don't know about it yet.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I discovered that CG almost a year ago, we know about it. Unless it is as frame perfect as you say, it's not possible.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
But........it's a CPU.

._.

They can't DI worth anything.
DI doesn't help at all. The only thing Snake can do before he is grabbed again is jump, airdodge, and pull a nade. None of those prevent him from getting regrabbed.

How about you guys try this out yourself? This only works if you buffer both the dash and the grab. To do that you have to flick the stick foward then press and release the z button during the last 10 frames of the foward throw. If you don't release z fast enough you will just block.

sasook

Smash Champion
Doesn't look any different than what we've already all seen and discussed before. It just looks like a CG, but it's honestly easy to get out of.

sasook

Smash Champion
A character can just jump out of it, or if they land fast enough, spot dodge. A CG is defined as something inescapable - this isn't.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
But if you do it correctly, they can't jump out or spot dodge it. How about we test this on wifi and you try to escape it? :)

sasook

Smash Champion
Erm...wifi is a horrible way to test anything, lol. Button lag messes up the whole game.

nothing.

Smash Rookie
is everybody on smashboards stubborn or something?
why does everybody just deny everything new that comes out?

im pretty sure that this works, and if K Prime did it frame by frame and said
that you can get past the grenades, that's probably true too.

if you are going to say it doesn't work, give a good expanation on why and how
it doesn't work other than, you can jump out, you can di out, you can whatever.

you can't DI or jump with snake up to 60% or so anyways with zerosuit's forward throw.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
We are just going to test out two things. If you can jump out (spam jump) and if you can spot dodge out (just hold shield). Those are real simple in button lag. I'll be doing the hard part.

Edit: The reason I say just hold shield is because your shield won't even pop out in time and that's faster than a spot dodge.

Snakeee

Smash Master

you can't DI or jump with snake up to 60% or so anyways with zerosuit's forward throw.
Well, I'm not going to say that there's no chance it's legit since I don't know for sure if Cake or anyone else tested it frame by frame or not. I very highly doubt it is though.
Even if it somehow is I don't see it going beyond one extra grab at 0% on the heaviest character, so it's not much of a deal at all either way.

I do appreciate people trying to analyze and look for new things so I don't want to discourage K Prime on this

...Wifi won't prove anything at all though

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
nothing. is the one who wrote the chain grab blogs. He knows a lot about brawl. LISTEN TO HIM! I'm just spreading the word to the smashboards.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
It's not like we're trying to discourage innovation. But when you've dealt with waves of "OMG GUYZ UP-B D-SMASH INFINITE!!!!" after repeatedly explaining that it doesn't work because people are too lazy to look it up, it gets irritating. Specifically, this chain grab was brought up by myself almost a year ago, until I tried to implement it in an actual match. Noticing that it was a complete failure, I wrote it off as not being a true chain grab. When someone wants to bring it up again, of course I'm going to stick with the original stigma that I myself put on it in the first place.

And you'll note that after K Prime said that he tested it frame by frame, I retracted my statement and said that it could be possible if it was as frame-perfect as he claimed it to be, since I didn't go into much experimentation with it at the time. We didn't have the debug options that there are now to test perfect buffering.

Just as a general note, if the reason something doesn't work is "You can DI out if it," what are you supposed to say otherwise? It's the reason we give for the Plasma Wire -> D-smash combination as not being an infinite... because that's why it's not an infinite.

I'm not trying to be rude or harsh in this, just level-headed and give a few explanations as to why I write what I write.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
If they are escaping it, then you are doing it wrong. If anyone wants try and escape it on wifi, let me know. :)

nothing.

Smash Rookie
It's not like we're trying to discourage innovation. But when you've dealt with waves of "OMG GUYZ UP-B D-SMASH INFINITE!!!!" after repeatedly explaining that it doesn't work because people are too lazy to look it up, it gets irritating. Specifically, this chain grab was brought up by myself almost a year ago, until I tried to implement it in an actual match. Noticing that it was a complete failure, I wrote it off as not being a true chain grab. When someone wants to bring it up again, of course I'm going to stick with the original stigma that I myself put on it in the first place.
i can understand being irritating and frustrating when people mention about the same things
over and over, but also do realize that whatever worked the day before might not work the
next day, and vise-versa. you never know what can work.

And you'll note that after K Prime said that he tested it frame by frame, I retracted my statement and said that it could be possible if it was as frame-perfect as he claimed it to be, since I didn't go into much experimentation with it at the time. We didn't have the debug options that there are now to test perfect buffering.

Just as a general note, if the reason something doesn't work is "You can DI out if it," what are you supposed to say otherwise? It's the reason we give for the Plasma Wire -> D-smash combination as not being an infinite... because that's why it's not an infinite.
sorry about that one, i didn't put enough words in that.
what i meant was, lets say when people say it doesn't work and says you can DI out,
i want them to give a detailed explanation about how it doesn't work and how you can DI.
for the upB > down smash example you brought up, i would usually want an answer like

you can SDI up or side ways out of the upB, if that fails you can DI towards the side to get
away from zerosuit so that they can't down smash you, and you can also tech when you hit
the ground from the upB so that they can't down smash in time.

if they give out the reasons, then who ever that think it's an infinite can atleast start a
discussion and see if it actually works or not, rather then getting denied from the beginning.

I'm not trying to be rude or harsh in this, just level-headed and give a few explanations as to why I write what I write.
thank you very much. i really appreciate and respect you for that.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
i can understand being irritating and frustrating when people mention about the same things
over and over, but also do realize that whatever worked the day before might not work the
next day, and vise-versa. you never know what can work.
Well, I'm very short-tempered, so I will normally act in that fashion towards a lot of that stuff.

sorry about that one, i didn't put enough words in that....
....if they give out the reasons, then who ever that think it's an infinite can atleast start a
discussion and see if it actually works or not, rather then getting denied from the beginning.
I understand completely what you're saying here, and yes, I agree with you in that regard.

thank you very much. i really appreciate and respect you for that.
Proof to the rest of the community that yes, I can be reasonable and respectful when I know someone is an intelligent human being.

cba

Smash Master
it MIGHT be done it its frame by frame perfect.

Im gonna see if i can secretly pull it off in a freindly.

*Reads the blog or w/e*

ImALemon

Smash Rookie
ok so i got this tourny wednesday. its a school tourny nothing big.
i picked up ZSS a few weeks ago and im pretty decent. what im wondering is if i should use her or not in this tourny. the good players use Metaknight(of course), wolf, lucas, pikachu, and a extremly good peach.
is it worth using ZSS in this tourny? whats a good secondary to have just incase(i know DDD and samus)? other peoples opinions would be nice and a little help on things i should know would be helpful :D! sorry for this being long .

noradseven

Smash Lord
ok so i got this tourny wednesday. its a school tourny nothing big.
i picked up ZSS a few weeks ago and im pretty decent. what im wondering is if i should use her or not in this tourny. the good players use Metaknight(of course), wolf, lucas, pikachu, and a extremly good peach.
is it worth using ZSS in this tourny? whats a good secondary to have just incase(i know DDD and samus)? other peoples opinions would be nice and a little help on things i should know would be helpful :D! sorry for this being long .
ZSS is definitely tourney playable, but you can't learn her in a few weeks, but playing in a tourney environment will be good. Basic advice do over B running away, I don't know what else to say because you would need time to learn it and it would probably just get you killed for now.

A good Lucas player really I thought I knew a pretty good one, and I haven't seen anyone else thats reasonably okay, btw if they don't spam glitches the entire time they arn't doing it right, god**** thunderslide.

If they are escaping it, then you are doing it wrong. If anyone wants try and escape it on wifi, let me know. :)
Did you try DIing down I don't know how many "chain grabs" I have ran into that can be beaten this way.

uchitjil

Smash Rookie
When i play as ZSS i always spam >B...is there anyway i can get away from that habit?

Top Bottom