• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

sasook

Smash Champion
When i play as ZSS i always spam >B...is there anyway i can get away from that habit?
I used to have this problem too, and I think a lot of new ZSS players do. To fix it, I tried playing several matches without using this move at all. It's hard at first, but you learn what else you can do. Overall, it makes you less predictable and is a better way to go. So just try not using it at all to get a feel for her other moves.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I used to have this problem too, and I think a lot of new ZSS players do. To fix it, I tried playing several matches without using this move at all. It's hard at first, but you learn what else you can do. Overall, it makes you less predictable and is a better way to go. So just try not using it at all to get a feel for her other moves.
Do this I did it too a long time back.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Yeah, pretty much everyone has had that problem lol. What sasook said is good. You really have to realize what characters spacing with Side B and D-smash works on and which ones it doesn't. Most likely if a character has good projectiles you're going to be the one forced to approach. It also doesn't work too well on some characters that are really fast and/or have a lot of range.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
ok so i got this tourny wednesday. its a school tourny nothing big.
i picked up ZSS a few weeks ago and im pretty decent. what im wondering is if i should use her or not in this tourny. the good players use Metaknight(of course), wolf, lucas, pikachu, and a extremly good peach.
is it worth using ZSS in this tourny? whats a good secondary to have just incase(i know DDD and samus)? other peoples opinions would be nice and a little help on things i should know would be helpful :D! sorry for this being long .
Well see'n as you're in NY and NY has quite of few competative smashers, it may not be wise to jump the gun and use ZSS in a tourney for cash. Unless it's for fun and you just want the experience and see how you do against other good players with ZSS.

Any names of people at this tourney that's reconizable? D:

sasook

Smash Champion
Omg this thread too. Page 55, but I can only go up to 53. What's happening to these boards!?

Late April Fool's joke?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Well see'n as you're in NY and NY has quite of few competative smashers, it may not be wise to jump the gun and use ZSS in a tourney for cash. Unless it's for fun and you just want the experience and see how you do against other good players with ZSS.

Any names of people at this tourney that's reconizable? D:
keyword SCHOOL TOURNEY, school tourneys are a piece of cake.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Depends what school you're talking about. High school tournament? Yeah, probably a bunch of scrubs. My college? There are some amazing players as well as some very well known smashers.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I searched the thread and perhaps I missed it, but...

Snaaaake, do you b stick or c stick and if you B stick, how often do you take advantage of the wavebouncing? Is it useful or should I stick to the c stick configuration, im looking to start playing her and would like to know the best controller set up (i use game cube controller)

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice

Snaaaake, do you b stick or c stick and if you B stick, how often do you take advantage of the wavebouncing? Is it useful or should I stick to the c stick configuration, im looking to start playing her and would like to know the best controller set up (i use game cube controller)

The Bstick will be almost useless. Wavebouncing will not help much but to do simple mindgames.

My current configuration(and most of the ZSS') is tap jump off. I also have Sheild in the Y button, seeing as it is useless for me and i get to sheild run better.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Yeah well i missed that part >.>

But uh, NCC and Hofstra have a few really good players. I play at NCC and we got a really amazing bowser and a Exceptional snake player there. (RidleyX and Problem/Beast respectively).

And Hofstra has a few people in the crew that really stand out. Like this one fellow named Malcom who plays a really mean Sonic.

So yeah, just cus it's a school tourney doesn't mean there can't be some good players there.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
The Bstick will be almost useless. Wavebouncing will not help much but to do simple mindgames.

My current configuration(and most of the ZSS') is tap jump off. I also have Sheild in the Y button, seeing as it is useless for me and i get to sheild run better.
My current set up is B-Stick with X as grab and tap jump off, everything else is normal, Thanks for the input. I have seen the B-stick do a bit for me but i dont rely on it by any means. I really need to get more air game with my zamus, im smapping over B to much :/ Maybe ill do that thing where I try not to use it at all...

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
The plasma whip get PowerShielded alot in competitive play, its a bad habit cause you can get punished badly.

Snakeee

Smash Master

I don't use wavebouncing at all anymore. I used to do it sometimes manually (no B-sticking), but I haven't felt the need to be doing that now. I guess it could still have it's uses though.

Snakeee, how long before a zoning thread spreads to all character boards as the moveset tier list did?
I don't know what this means at all lol. I don't really go to the general threads that much :dizzy:

But uh, NCC and Hofstra have a few really good players. I play at NCC and we got a really amazing bowser and a Exceptional snake player there. (RidleyX and Problem/Beast respectively).

And Hofstra has a few people in the crew that really stand out. Like this one fellow named Malcom who plays a really mean Sonic.

So yeah, just cus it's a school tourney doesn't mean there can't be some good players there.
Um, I'm pretty sure Malcolm is really well known, and if he's not he should be. He has to be the best Sonic player, and also a top Wario.

Btw, is "Problem" actually good? He wanted to join my crew....be honest lol

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace

Most of the good Hofstra players don't even go to Hofstra lol. But it's convienent area that used to be the best.

And Problem is a solid player Snakeee.

sasook

Smash Champion
Might as well ask in this thread. I've noticed you've said to jab -> flipjump away a lot. What's the point of this? You get like, 2% on them.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Might as well ask in this thread. I've noticed you've said to jab -> flipjump away a lot. What's the point of this? You get like, 2% on them.
Well I don't do this much because it is punishable but the point is mindgames haha, and to stop other moves from degrading.

Plus this move comes out in 1 frame so it beats alot of stuff.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
I guess it's for spacing. Sometimes you need to back off a little especially when your matchup demands close range combat like marth.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
I don't use wavebouncing at all anymore. I used to do it sometimes manually (no B-sticking), but I haven't felt the need to be doing that now. I guess it could still have it's uses though.

I don't know what this means at all lol. I don't really go to the general threads that much :dizzy:

Um, I'm pretty sure Malcolm is really well known, and if he's not he should be. He has to be the best Sonic player, and also a top Wario.

Btw, is "Problem" actually good? He wanted to join my crew....be honest lol
Did he really want to join your crew? Well as far as i know he's said he's beat Ally out when it comes to snake. He's also beasted Wes but then again this aint melee.

All in all Problem is a fairly well refined player with one mean ****ing snake. Last i heard though is that M2K 2 stocked him :chuckle:.

The way **** runs at NCC is Problem> Me > RidleyX > Problem. (It's a matchup cycle) But i play Ridley everyday so i know his play style backwards.

And yes Malcom's Sonic is unbelievable, i've never seen him play wario. I wonder if he puts **** up on Youtube. The sonic forums here would *** them-selves.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Did he really want to join your crew? Well as far as i know he's said he's beat Ally out when it comes to snake. He's also beasted Wes but then again this aint melee.

All in all Problem is a fairly well refined player with one mean ****ing snake. Last i heard though is that M2K 2 stocked him :chuckle:.

The way **** runs at NCC is Problem> Me > RidleyX > Problem. (It's a matchup cycle) But i play Ridley everyday so i know his play style backwards.

And yes Malcom's Sonic is unbelievable, i've never seen him play wario. I wonder if he puts **** up on Youtube. The sonic forums here would *** them-selves.
Man I would like to play against a good sonic someday, I'm the one around here who always shows people up when they say you can't play as X low/bottom tier character, sonic has the best dash brake in the game period. So snakeee which one of sonics moves do you think is the best
A. forward air
B. down B
C. grab
D. up B
E. back air

Snakeee

Smash Master
well against me at least Sonic's grab is the best.

And the single jab to down B is to keep your spacing against a character that you can't do anything safer against at that close range.

noradseven

Smash Lord
well against me at least Sonic's grab is the best.

And the single jab to down B is to keep your spacing against a character that you can't do anything safer against at that close range.
That's what I use it for, but still most ZSS I run into use it way too much.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Man I would like to play against a good sonic someday, I'm the one around here who always shows people up when they say you can't play as X low/bottom tier character, sonic has the best dash brake in the game period. So snakeee which one of sonics moves do you think is the best
A. forward air
B. down B
C. grab
D. up B
E. back air
As far as sonic goes, it's alot of weaving. From watching malcom it's more or less running back and forth using Side-B to stop all momentum and the shieldin to cancel the Side-B. Alot of his mindgames and fake out stem off this tatic.

You can go for a grab or dash attack, RaR Bair or even cancel the side-b and do another. Lotta options.

And maybe i hyping everything up a little on my last post. But Malcom is really good, problem is also very solid.

I'm just waiting for Knightmare to come back from maryland and host another Gtable tourney.

noradseven

Smash Lord
As far as sonic goes, it's alot of weaving. From watching malcom it's more or less running back and forth using Side-B to stop all momentum and the shieldin to cancel the Side-B. Alot of his mindgames and fake out stem off this tatic.

You can go for a grab or dash attack, RaR Bair or even cancel the side-b and do another. Lotta options.

And maybe i hyping everything up a little on my last post. But Malcom is really good, problem is also very solid.

I'm just waiting for Knightmare to come back from maryland and host another Gtable tourney.
Hmm never thought of using his side B like that, I will do so in the future though.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was an epic Sonic fight.
Sorry snakeee is started a chain of Off topic in your thread.

So uh, to keep some flow going, i remeber a while back when i friendlied you... you attempted the Dsmash chain on my fox but i popped out due to a higher percent.

Really just wanted some clarifications about this. So unless the DSmash chain is started from and earlier % wolf/fox will pop too high after losing the stun?

Or does this mean you just need to gauge the distance and can still Dsmash chain if you guess right and walk the extra distance?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Ya the kb increases too high to break the chain after a certain percent (not sure how high), the infinite works because you keep staling dsmash so that the kb decreases to counteract higher kb from higher percent.

xxDKxx

Smash Rookie
Snakeee will you be coming to the Jersey City Monthlies in a week?

When do you usually opt not to use ZSS and why? Mainly what matchups do you avoid with zss?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Snakeee will you be coming to the Jersey City Monthlies in a week?

When do you usually opt not to use ZSS and why? Mainly what matchups do you avoid with zss?
Yeah, I'm going. See you there?

And, I use Sheik/Zelda or Peach for certain match ups, and sometimes on certain stages.

Match up wise: Falco - Sheik/Zelda, Diddy Kong - Peach, Donkey Kong - Zelda? (not sure yet, but I stink against Bum with ZSS :(), Wolf - Sheik/Zelda, Fox - Sheik/Zelda, ZSS - Sheik/Zelda...or Peach actually

Stage wise: Delphino - Sheik/Zelda, Halberd - Sheik/Zelda, Frigate - Peach, Smashville - Sheik/Zelda, Japes (if allowed) - Peach

There's a little more than these, but that's what's off the top of my head.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm going. See you there?

And, I use Sheik/Zelda or Peach for certain match ups, and sometimes on certain stages.

Match up wise: Falco - Sheik/Zelda, Diddy Kong - Peach, Donkey Kong - Zelda? (not sure yet, but I stink against Bum with ZSS :(), Wolf - Sheik/Zelda, Fox - Sheik/Zelda, ZSS - Sheik/Zelda...or Peach actually

Stage wise: Delphino - Sheik/Zelda, Halberd - Sheik/Zelda, Frigate - Peach, Smashville - Sheik/Zelda, Japes (if allowed) - Peach

There's a little more than these, but that's what's off the top of my head.
God do I hate fighting Team Starfox with ZSS, I normally go with Sheik myself, I do it alot on marths/snakes/DeDeDe(up B loop ha) too, if I lose the first round.

Top Bottom