• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
so anyone think they'd b down to play tonight if i host? we can do melee and brawl
Forward said he was going to house something today. You should try and hit him up. He posted his address like a page ago and said to come at 7.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
So I wanna know for sure is there if i wanna smash today i have to go to forwards house? Can you check with him and see if thats alright?

Im pretty sure i still laughed the 50th time i replayed that video ^^

Oh yeah, text me 602 541 2859 with time and address if u can please

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
No, sorry, I won't be going anywhere for a while. Playing MW2 and expecting Halo 3, Gears of War, and Left 4 Dead to get here any day now. D:

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
No, sorry, I won't be going anywhere for a while. Playing MW2 and expecting Halo 3, Gears of War, and Left 4 Dead to get here any day now. D:
the more I think about it, the more you remind me of......Miles.....

not in the failure at life/everything kind of way though so it's not completely bad. but still.....

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Miles was a person I was trying to get into competitive smash, but he never really got TOO into it. he's more of a casual gamer, playing for the most part, the games you mention previously. Only a handful of AZ smashers have even seen Miles, but the entire state of AZ, as well as the state of New Mexico hates him.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Oh and... I'm officially #8 in the state of AZ. So HA! That means I'm not gay =D

Silly Kyle is DEFINITELY top 7. He's the gayest smasher in Melee history lol
Put me, my bro, and Taj in the top 3 spots. Then anyone who tries to slam on AZ PR's will get some AZ anger to the face!!! (still talking about date **** AZ anger here)

or if anything we can just kick the crap out of them =D

Goop

Smash Journeyman
So to start drama again, I think the PR should go like this:

1. Axe - Has best out of state record in recent history
2. Sean - Can go toe to toe with Axe but still has a slightly lower placing at tourney's they both went to
3. Taj - I think he can't beat Sean easily and can go toe to toe with Axe, but still has lower tourney placing at tournaments Axe and him have gone to
4. GG7 - Has better history against Tai I believe, though I could see an argument for Tai if he improves after being in CA for a month
5. Tai - Is the new AZ wall I think. Kinda like Light was before him, if you can't beat him then you don't stand a chance against the rest of the list
6. Jetfour - I was impressed with his performance in friendlies, he has very good knowledge matched with superior mind games
7. Yeah! - Technical and good mind games, he is a good player and I am sure he still practices a lot in SV
8. Silly Kyle - Gotten a lot better and can definitely beat anyone below him
9. Shiv - Beat me at the last tourney and I think he has improved a lot by playing other characters. Definitely has amazing tech skill for his placing on the list. More active than Rubyiris and I suspect could probably beat him though I would have to see it I suppose
10. Rubyiris - Beat me at our last tourney and honestly probably cares more to be on list than me. And so partly to be fair and partly to save myself from flaming I think he would probably be 10

One note, a lot of this list is gut based but a good portion is based on actual facts. For those like Pandaxen who I'm sure would care to know what their competition looks like I think this is about it.

Another thing while speaking about Pandaxen. I think you have gotten better since the last time I played you, but you should probably just do some general research into good DI and practice better spacing. Other than that general character match up knowledge is important too. Understanding the steps necessary to win is huge. It keeps you focused on a goal in the match up and leads to more a more efficient play style. People like Taj, for example, are good to emulate, great DI, spacing and he walks into every match up with a game plan for how to win.

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
Thanks, Goop. I appreciate it. I do think my DI has gotten a lot better since the March era. Like, not too long ago, Zedlock Stomp>Knee'd my Ness (I was ******* around by the way) I DI'd up, and survived. It doesn't happen terribly often, but I'm starting to get used to the whole idea. That's another reason I've been looking for a trainer, or at least someone better than me who can help me out.

forward

Smash Champion
I wasn't planning to hold a big smash fest today. I'll play for a few hours if some people want to come over though, just give me a text or call. I don't want anymore than like 5 people coming over today.

Just text or call at 520 979 9903

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Forward says he can have a mini smashfest at his house today for like 2 or 3 more people. Me forward and jun0 will be there for sure, and then anyone else who wants to go. I think me and Jun0 were gonna get there at like 6 so if anyone wants to come between 5 and 6 to his house (ill text u his address and stuff) just text me 602 541 2859. If youre a newer melee player or even brawl player forward said he wants to train some noobs :chuckle: im assuming if you know forward u can just let him know u wanna come instead. He only wants like 2 or 3 more people though so let us know if u wanna go

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
Jeff is awesome.
Tony is awesome.
Tai is awesome.
Tommy is awesome.
Kyle is awesome.
Rob is awesome.
Sean is awesome.
Karl is awesome.
Johnny is awesome.
Casey is awesome.