• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
i was expecting you to say that you at the very least challenged him to an MM and he ****ied out. son...
I should clarify, HE challenged ME to a MM prior to the actual event ("for realsies" this time, because he totally lost our last MM on purpose) but apparently lacked the balls to follow through. I didn't even see his face, I wouldn't have known he was there if I hadn't heard someone calling out his name when they were assigning P:M pools.

I'm just pissed that I drove for 3 hours round-trip, spent 8.5 hours listening to IoZ blunder his way through what HAS to be his first TO job or else he's mentally ********, paid a $5 venue fee, and didn't even get my Melee tournament at the end of it all.

[COLLAPSE="IoZ's P:M Tourney Logic"]1. Have ppl vote on stages one by one whether they should be neutral, CP, or banned. Who cares if this means you end up with 19 neutrals and I forget how many CPs? Also, only allow ppl 3 bans, because more is unfair.

2. Have people play best of TWO in pools (I am not misspeaking here, he wanted matches to be 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2) to save on time. Who cares that with so many stages it just means that every match ends 1-1 so round 1 pools is a COMPLETE waste of time?

3. Do round 1 pools over again, but somehow **** it up a second time and then be forced to have essentially a third "round 1 pools" (minus the n00bs who just got 0-2'd by everyone else) to get seed order for bracket.

4. If nobody's listening to you because of what an idiot you are, just start screaming at people to play their matches, even if they're playing tourney matches for the BRAWL tournament that Dan, an intelligent TO, had to start DURING your P:M tourney because it was taking forever and he wanted people to be able to go home.[/COLLAPSE]Also, Xander and Kyle, you two would wreck everybody in CO easily.

Tai, my parents got angry with me for taking my brother to CO Springs all day, they wanted him home on the weekends after the shooting in Aurora. So no, my mother is not proud.

EDIT: I just picked up the extra GC, haven't tested the controllers yet.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tai, my parents got angry with me for taking my brother to CO Springs all day, they wanted him home on the weekends after the shooting in Aurora. So no, my mother is not proud.
When I said "you," I was hypothetically addressing that towards that CO Falcon player who spent all his time at the tournament declaring his righteousness to The Ninth, not towards you, Derek.

So a better way I could've phrased that would've been "You're the best Falcon player in CO? Your mother must be so proud of you."

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
When I said "you," I was hypothetically addressing that towards that CO Falcon player who spent all his time at the tournament declaring his righteousness to The Ninth, not towards you, Derek.
It appears I'm bewildered! I just figured, since by now everyone knows who the best Melee Falcon in CO is (including all four CO Falcons who've been mauled by me, three of which were also mauled by my kid brother's Ganon), you were addressing that comment to the best Melee Falcon in CO ... which would be me.

I'm not too worried, though, my diary says that in the future you will refer to me as, "Mr. Sex Technique" to avoid any confusion.
Alternatively, simply encase comments of that nature in righteous quotation marks. I have about half a bottle of righteous replenisher that I can ship to you if necessary ^_^

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Tested out the controllers yesterday. One of them is Nintendo brand and works great. The other two are knock-offs, one of which is horrible (the Y button is so stiff and sticky that I was either not jumping or full-jumping whenever I pressed it) but the other of which is definitely tolerable. The girl I bought it from accidentally gave me an RCA cable instead of the GC output cable, so I'll have to get into contact with her about that.

EDIT: Also, does anybody on this thread play StepMania? Due to extreme boredom, I created my first StepMania simfile and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in testing it out and maybe giving me some feedback on it.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Sure, I do.

Also, I'm taking MK64 money matches.
Is rubber-banding legal? :troll:

EDIT: LMAO just saw a bunch of photos from Z3 and I know why I didn't see Roman (aka Mr. "loses MM on purpose, still best Falcon in CO") there! He was wearing a hoodie all hunched over in his chair with the hood pulled over his face (it was 101 degrees and no A/C--price you pay for saving face, I guess).

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
just now saw ur post about the training thing Cori.. :p

SV is amazing...

No worries, i actually train for free....

and yeah you'd have to make it down here, or get me up there...

:)

Seabass plays too, so help both out?

Any of you should visit honestly, so I can see how much everyone has improved ^^

Jane

Smash Hero
i truly enjoy playing melee more than i do brawl now. thought i'd let you guys know :D

i'm still doodoo of course, but man, its nice to finally see the light.

64 is still #1 in my heart though.

and starcraft >>>>

Corigames

Smash Hero
Jane, what do you think about P:M? Is it the best of both worlds for you, or is Melee still better because it has Samus?
Yes, this question is loaded because the obvious answer is Melee cuz it has Samus.

Jane

Smash Hero
i have an extreme distaste for PM. **** that game.

until they give ganon a real uptilt at least. then i will accept PM with open arms. until then, garbage.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I went to a tourney in mexico for melee and project m and ike and ganon are really broken. Mexico has them on top of their tier list for PM

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the best in marvel zero? But yea ike is way too good. The guy even showed me an edgeguard where ike uses his neutral b move near the edge and as the opponent tries to grab the edge with their up b ike can trade hits cuz of his super armor and its automatic death for the opponent

Sulla

Smash Rookie
i truly enjoy playing melee more than i do brawl now. thought i'd let you guys know :D

i'm still doodoo of course, but man, its nice to finally see the light.

64 is still #1 in my heart though.

and starcraft >>>>
Dude we need to be bro lovers. 64 > Melee and I just started playing starcraft.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Isn't the best in marvel zero? But yea ike is way too good. The guy even showed me an edgeguard where ike uses his neutral b move near the edge and as the opponent tries to grab the edge with their up b ike can trade hits cuz of his super armor and its automatic death for the opponent
Magneto is easily the best. And wow that edgeguard sounds awesome I want to try it myself.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Magneto controls arguably the most powerful fundamental force. He can, like, ionize your body. Imagine how fast you would fly into the nearest metal object and vice versa.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Yep it works wonders against marth fox falco falcon charizard etc. The edgeguard is ******** as **** and there is nothing you can do. You DI in you get staged spiked you DI out and you die lol

Jane

Smash Hero
Dude we need to be bro lovers. 64 > Melee and I just started playing starcraft.
woah woah, i dont even know you and you want me to be your bro lover? what do you think i am, some sort of bro whore?

but anyways, awesome! what race do you play? or what race are you thinking of playing if you havent decided on a main yet.

Sulla

Smash Rookie
woah woah, i dont even know you and you want me to be your bro lover? what do you think i am, some sort of bro whore?

but anyways, awesome! what race do you play? or what race are you thinking of playing if you havent decided on a main yet.
Terran, i've been playing on a laptop in gold league, but after going to that tournament on baseline, and seeing how smooth everyone else's desktops are, i decided laggy starcraft does not equal starcraft, so im stopping til i can upgrade my desktop. Sad day :(

Jane

Smash Hero
ahh sad day. and yeah, fuuuuck laggy any game, especially starcraft. cool, its nice to finally meet a legit terran main, everyone seems to ****in play zerg or toss. i play zerg btw, but im actually going to be doing random for a while so i can learn the other two. honestly every race seems fun and awesome to me. i would say i love Z the most, then T, then P.

do you know what exactly it is your computer needs? i would guess its the cpu?

Sulla

Smash Rookie
ahh sad day. and yeah, fuuuuck laggy any game, especially starcraft. cool, its nice to finally meet a legit terran main, everyone seems to ****in play zerg or toss. i play zerg btw, but im actually going to be doing random for a while so i can learn the other two. honestly every race seems fun and awesome to me. i would say i love Z the most, then T, then P.

do you know what exactly it is your computer needs? i would guess its the cpu?
Pretty sure i just need a new graphics card for my desktop. Alas didn't bring my desktop from florida, but i should be back home to it soon. Which reminds me i really need to visit tucson before i have to leave!

Top Bottom