• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I will be back in AZ sometime during the week of August 7th. Might or might not be able to attend any Smashfests during that time before school starts, not sure what my schedule will be like.

I am looking forward to being back in the AZ scene 8D I've gotten a lot better at prediction and mindgames from playing my brother who reads me like a book with his eyes shut.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
so i found out last night

that im going to rule 6 (the norcal regional) this weekend

wish me luck

cuz im about 70% sure (not a single percent less, unfortunately) that i'm gon get whooped

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys know if there is any good smashers from nebraska? This smasher from there moved here to yuma and gave all of us an *** whooping including whiplash lol

Good luck tai. It will be cool if you get s2j in bracket and beat him again.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Do you guys know if there is any good smashers from nebraska? This smasher from there moved here to yuma and gave all of us an *** whooping including whiplash lol
Are you serious!? I need to meet this guy.

When are you guys able to come down to Phx again?

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
so not very well? :p
Lemme try to fix that for ya ...

my brother who can, with his eyes figuratively shut, read me with accuracy that is comparable to the accuracy with which he can, with his eyes literally open, read a book.
My brother isn't as good as me, but it's not by much and he's good at reading in general, not just against me--for example, when I took him to Z3 (his 1st tourney/Smash event) he WRECKED everyone he played, including the players from KS and UT, by reading and techchasing with Ganon stomps. He hasn't played the "top Falcon in CO" yet, but he has rather convincingly beaten two other Falcons that I thought were about as good, and he probably wins about 3 out of 10 games against mine. I'm seriously going to drag him out to AZ sometime to see how well he does in a more competitive environment.

Also, good luck at Rule 6, Tai!

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Well aberz is getting married in the beginning of august. He's the one with the car and he said after he gets settled we will go again. But jose has a car so we might go more often depending if we have money

Corigames

Smash Hero
Tai beat S2J
S2J is one of the best players in the world
Therefore Tai is one of the best players in the world.

Tai, you have nothing to fear. Just be as gay as possible. Suck that ****, etc. AZ anger general.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Last night I realize some things that I've been doing wrong and I want to avoid doing them. Anyone want to come over Sunday and practice with me so I can work on this stuff?

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Yep my real name is Derek.
Huh, my name is also "Derek," although I don't think I've ever met another "Derek" with the same spelling as me. Not a super common name, so I couldn't tell if you meant you were signing off or if you had just hit "Submit" accidentally and had spent the last 2 hours in the Edit screen agonizing over how to phrase whatever it was you wanted to say to me ^_^

EDIT: Also ... ya might wanna consider deleting at least your middle name outta there ... but that's just 'cuz my middle name is PARANOID.

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Huh, my name is also "Derek," although I don't think I've ever met another "Derek" with the same spelling as me. Not a super common name, so I couldn't tell if you meant you were signing off or if you had just hit "Submit" accidentally and had spent the last 2 hours in the Edit screen agonizing over how to phrase whatever it was you wanted to say to me ^_^

EDIT: Also ... ya might wanna consider deleting at least your middle name outta there ... but that's just 'cuz my middle name is PARANOID.
I think we need to have a battle of the Derek's then =D

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I think we need to have a battle of the Derek's then =D
Well, you said you were staying for about 6 weeks starting beginning of July, right? I won't be back in AZ until sometime during the week of August 7th, and then I might be too busy moving in and such to play that week. When are you leaving AZ, exactly?

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Well, you said you were staying for about 6 weeks starting beginning of July, right? I won't be back in AZ until sometime during the week of August 7th, and then I might be too busy moving in and such to play that week. When are you leaving AZ, exactly?
yea probably in like two weeks, no biggie tho =)

AXE 09

Smash Master
So I'll ask again for Cori, how many of you would be down for a tournament on september 1st?

I kinda need to know asap cuz I need to request off work a month in advanced haha. Which means I need to request off before Wednesday.

:phone:

Corigames

Smash Hero
Hold on hold on hold on.

I think I'm going to move it to the 8th. I just found out that a friend is having a party that night and I don't want to miss it. So I'm going to do this **** on the 8th instead. This also gives us some extra time for people to prepare themselves. So

get prepared and ****.

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Anybody from phoenix wanna ride wit me to tucson this friday? That is if the tucson crew is down.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yes, the 8th. This means, people, that there has been a one month+ heads up about this tournament. I want to hear none of your last-minute excuses, you have been warned.

Top Bottom