• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Come to Barrett Smashfests sometime. Lots of scrubs show up (though it's not all noobs) who will make you feel good about yourself :D
Why didn't I know about these smashfests? I wanna play some Melee lol.

Who's free today/tomorrow (Tuesday/Wednesday)? I'm off work and I want to play!

And welcome to the smash scene, Jagwar :)

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
1143 E Sandpiper Dr, Tempe, AZ 85283

(720) 470-4529

Txt me or something before you come over so I can make sure I clean the place up.

Place is clean. Come over anytime, I'll be here all day editing the movies from The Phantom Jeremy.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Why didn't I know about these smashfests? I wanna play some Melee lol.
I added you to the Facebook group, and I'll add anyone else who asks. They're every Friday at 7 in a lounge between two of the residence halls. Enter on the East side of Barrett across the street from the Taco Bell. There are gates and you need an ASU ID to work the elevators, so we'll have to come down and let you in (just call someone). Set-ups if you guys can bring them!

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
We should do some updates on the PR since some people haven't entered tournaments for awhile (read: randomly got married?), moved out of the state, moved around on the PR, etc.

Perhaps after next week's tournament?

pukebite

Smash Rookie
Hi everybody, a friend and I have recently started getting into melee, we've been playing each other pretty regularly, but it's time to join the scene and go up against some real players.
Being new to the whole community I'm not really sure how meeting up works, but
we're both in the phoenix area and would love to meet up and play some matches.

Is there any way to see what local smashfests or tourneys are going down?

AXE 09

Smash Master
Hi everybody, a friend and I have recently started getting into melee, we've been playing each other pretty regularly, but it's time to join the scene and go up against some real players.
Being new to the whole community I'm not really sure how meeting up works, but
we're both in the phoenix area and would love to meet up and play some matches.

Is there any way to see what local smashfests or tourneys are going down?
Where do you guys live? I wanna play some Melee!

I'm down to play any time tomorrow if anyone's available. Or if anyone wants to do some overnight Melee, I should be available at about 11pm tonight and I'll play til the sun comes up if anyone wants to come over lol. I have the place to myself right now so I don't have to worry about being quiet this weekend.

:phone:

pukebite

Smash Rookie
I'm up at 35th av and Greenway, and my bro is at 32nd st and Indian School. I think we'd both be totally down to melee it up tomorrow. You live anywhere nearby?

AXE 09

Smash Master
I live far as heck lol. I'm on Mcdowell and 145th avenue. Not sure if you guys wanna travel that far but I'm down to Melee haha.

Brian!! Am I gonna see you next Saturday at the Tucson tourney?

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
Jeff!! you bet you are man :]] i cant wait to smash with you again and to enter a tourny again i have missed the last couple because of this and that but i am defenetly gonna make it to this one.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'm up at 35th av and Greenway, and my bro is at 32nd st and Indian School. I think we'd both be totally down to melee it up tomorrow. You live anywhere nearby?
dude you live SUPER close to frosty. he's on like... 59th ave and bell

also, whenever im home with my parents, you'll be pretty close to me too. my parents live on 31st ave and deer valley

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I'm 44th street and Indian School. Not that I really play melee anymore, or was ever good at it. But if your brother is really desperate I'd be down to play sometime lol.

pukebite

Smash Rookie
Awesome! I work from 8am-4pm M-F, so I can only play during the evenings on weekdays. I should be free for most weekends though.

We're both free to play today at around 3pm, and I'm willing to make the drive out to you, Axe, if you're still down to play. Or anyone really

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Awesome! I work from 8am-4pm M-F, so I can only play during the evenings on weekdays. I should be free for most weekends though.

We're both free to play today at around 3pm, and I'm willing to make the drive out to you, Axe, if you're still down to play. Or anyone really
Friday nights at 7 we hold smashfests in Barrett, the Honors College at ASU. We've had plenty of people from off campus show up and there's a big range of skill levels. Not sure how far away we are from you, but that's an option for regular practice if it works logistically.

pukebite

Smash Rookie
Friday nights at 7 we hold smashfests in Barrett, the Honors College at ASU. We've had plenty of people from off campus show up and there's a big range of skill levels. Not sure how far away we are from you, but that's an option for regular practice if it works logistically.

That sounds awesome, I think we'll definitely check that out next Friday.

AXE 09

Smash Master
So, I ended up getting caught up in a few things today and it doesn't look like I'm gonna be free anymore. I'm sorry :(

But we definitely need to come up with sometime when we can play. I wanna play so bad lol. Screw work!

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
I might go to sv for a friends funeral pretty soon...so if I do vector man were gonna play k?

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Just got my second copy of Melee today!

Pity it was damaged to the point of being unreadable. Apparently, GameStop's "careful testing" doesn't include actually seeing if the game works.

EDIT: I complained to GameStop and they are sending me another copy of Melee. In the meantime, does anyone want to try my defective Melee disc on their Wii, to see if somehow a Wii can read it even though my two Cubes couldn't?

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
The top foil appears damaged, which as I explained to GEM makes the disc truly unreadable because the laser has nothing to reflect off of. The bottom is shiny and smooth and basically unscratched. I'd still like to test it out on someone's Wii, because GameStop said they tested it and it was fine, and 99% positive they probably tested it on a Wii.

k9.

Smash Ace
I know, but there is only five of you going there should be other melee players in PHX. :)

If your talking about the date the gaming zone chose it, and i decided to host melee there also.

Top Bottom