• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd be willing to do a Gatorade Crew match against Tony and Rob.

Whatever you want to throw down, G-Mo. It's not gonna matter anyway. You have no chance to survive, make your time.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Oooh, some Smack talk from Dan the Man! I'm intrigued and a little giddy for this match.

So when would be the best time for you guys?

I still have to talk to the rest of STB to see when they can do it.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
"When you a jet, your a jet all the way.
From your first cigarette, to your last dying day..."

-Riff, West Side Story

I think I'd like to see a crew match to the death.

STB VS who?

TCB will stand alongside STB for support.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
For crews, characters are usually blind-picked beforehand and you're not allowed to switch. The only time you may switch characters is if your opponent picks a non-neutral level for his counter.

For instance, Player A is Fox and Player B is Falco. Player A wins, and player C steps in with Peach, picking Mute City. Player A is allowed to change characters. If Peach picks a neutral, however, Player A must stay as Fox.

I think that's how it is. It could be that if you choose the level AT ALL then it warrants a character change. I don't remember.

So this tourney... singles and doubles, or singles only?

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
The Revolution: OHSHI- That is quite a list you got there. Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing at the next tourney. I don't think we can come to this Saturday's smashfest, though. But the next big tourney-count us in. I've already texted Shane and Zach to see if they are game for this match.

Oakie: Yayuhzz, my Mexican brother. Yayuhzz, indeed.

Rang: Yeah, Yoko is in the crew.

STB is a very close knit group; we are a family. I've known Shane and Zach since the first Glendale Weeklies, and we've been like THIS SON! (crossed fingers) Anywoodle, Oakie I've known since AZOne. Also, there is a color requirement; we're all Mexican except for Bryan, but Bryan is my son. Hanki is Italian, which is the European version of Mexico. To join us, we have to have known you for a LONG time, and REALLY like you, and you have to be of color. Yeah--retributive racism.

We're not really racist; we love white girls. But to fit in with a name like Banditos, you must have a little brown in you.

One does not simply walk into STB.

Edit: BTW, Zach is part Mexican.
I'm like 1/64 native American, and a descendent of Pocahontas. Is that enough?

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
"When you a jet, your a jet all the way.
From your first cigarette, to your last dying day..."

-Riff, West Side Story

I think I'd like to see a crew match to the death.

STB VS who?

TCB will stand alongside STB for support.
I'll stand alongside the team more likely to win :chuckle:

But it's so even. STB is more well rounded, while The Revolution has some really good players and some players that are not as good. For example, Light can probably take out two or three people of STB, but some members of the Revolution might be only able to take like, two stocks.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Dan I pushed myself to read your wall of text, and here is my decision, in the form of another wall of text.

Crew Rules:

- 24 stocks (I think thats a big enough amount STB only has 4 people, though we can change it to more if they bring more players)
- The Revolution will have 3 stocks per player and STB will 6 stocks per player (again, we can change it if STB brings more people)
- Counter pick stages on (see the list from my last tourney)
- Winning players keeps the lives they have after their match and start at zero for their next match
- Winning players are advance-slobpicked by losing team, and if the losing team's player chooses a counter pick level the winning player can change his character from the one he used in the previous match, otherwise he stays the same
- First matches are double blind and each team chooses a player to be their starter, that player must choose a character before starting their match

As for the tournament lets do one if everyone one wants to. I am really just hosting this for the chance to do a crew battle, but if there is popular demand for the tournament we will get one started.

G-MO, I don't think anyone else on my team is wanting to put money up. But whatever money they do put up I will make it so that it is matched with your crew's bet.

See you all on Saturday, come at 12:00pm leave whenever, check my profile for info.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I work Saturday at noon til five. I'm afraid I can't make that schedule? Is there anytime during the week where we can all meet? Or even next weekend is fine. There's no rush. Sparta waits in the shade.

Edit:

But it's so even. STB is more well rounded, while The Revolution has some really good players and some players that are not as good. For example, Light can probably take out two or three people of STB, but some members of the Revolution might be only able to take like, two stocks.
But you forget, The Revolution has 4 possibly 5 members that are top-15 worthy, while STB hasn't even been mentioned for the rankings. The Revolution is Xerxes' Army, while the STB is Sparta. Spartans! What is YOUR profession!?!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
YOU CANT RUN FROM DARKNESS
LIGHT NEVER DIES
CHAOS!
You got GOOPED
SHOW ME YOUR MOVES
He plays samus...
IDAHO
ALTF4 AND ITS OVER SON
Aren't you missing Corey or Joe? It would make sense if you said: They play Samus. Unless they are both one. Hmm.

Goop: I'll ask Bryan if he can come. If not, then I have no choice but to postpwn it til later.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Joe isnt part of the crew. Its just Light, Yamer, Dark, Coreygames, ChaosTheory, AltF4Warrior, CHUK and Goop. Its an eight man crew.

Hey Taj why don't you assemble Sesh, Casey, Brandon, Rob, Joe and You and we can do better crew battle rather then just have us fight just you and Rob with 12 stocks a piece.

You guys could call it Team Win.

Its more fair if isn't just you two. Channeling all those stocks into Taj would be too beastly.

Like that one DBZ movie with Brolly in it, where all the Super Saiyans channeled their ki into Goku and he did a SuperDragonFist to punch a hole in Brolly.

Yup...yeah, it would be something like that.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Nice use of imagery, Manny. I can totally see Taj with vertical blond hair.

That would make sense. Eight people. You are Xerxes, and Light is the immortals.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman

I have a new standing non-member nomination for Ugly to be the token Asian of STB.

Or the mascot.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
He's not loyal to the STB lifestyle.

Plus, we've already got a token Asian, and my fat, black friend is the mascot. We'll keep Tai's record on file, though.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, if STB is letting other minority groups in, you should be "Team Affirmative Action".

Rob:
Actually I was talking to manny about that just today. I honestly feel like there would be more strategy to having to declare each player's character beforehand. So I'd agree with what you said.

Btw, you still looking for a ride sunday?

Manny:
I actually lol's at the DBZ reference.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if STB is letting other minority groups in, you should be "Team Affirmative Action".

Rob:
Actually I was talking to manny about that just today. I honestly feel like there would be more strategy to having to declare each player's character beforehand. So I'd agree with what you said.

Btw, you still looking for a ride sunday?

Manny:
I actually lol's at the DBZ reference.
TAA is a bit much considering they have yet to recruit a disabled african-american female ******.

Until then...

Elysium

Smash Lord
Alright you guys, I double checked my schedule and I have Saturday off so there is no reason why I wont be there.
I don't know though, This will be my first brush with some competitive players, and it seems like there will be some of the best AZ has to offer here. Also since I'm not part of the two big crews, will I be adopted into one for the time being, or compete as an independent?

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Alright you guys, I double checked my schedule and I have Saturday off so there is no reason why I wont be there.
I don't know though, This will be my first brush with some competitive players, and it seems like there will be some of the best AZ has to offer here. Also since I'm not part of the two big crews, will I be adopted into one for the time being, or compete as an independent?
The independents should team up and form Team America. :laugh:

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
u guys r lucky i can't join the ranks with stb for this crew battle sat. too much ****. i pwn u all

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Everybody can come whenever. I put 12pm cause that will probably be the time I wake up.

Crews will start as soon as STB gets here like at 6ish anybody that wants to arrive late its fine by me. 12pm is just the earliest you can show.

Edit: I thought Rob was talking about Saturday not Sunday. Chances are looking better with no Taj. :)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't tell her I said so, but Alicia and I are going to bring Guitar Hero 3 along too. So if you hear some amazing feats of pure rock, it's likely to be her.

EDIT:

Oh, and for the record. Raise your hand if you have your own stickied thread...

...thought so...

:p

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Don't tell her I said so, but Alicia and I are going to bring Guitar Hero 3 along too. So if you hear some amazing feats of pure rock, it's likely to be her.

EDIT:

Oh, and for the record. Raise your hand if you have your own stickied thread...

...thought so...

:p
:[

One TV used for GH3 is one less TV used for Smash.

Tai is a saaaaaad panda.

p.s. ELYSIUM AND I CALL TAJ AND WOBBLES AS CREWMATES XD

Corigames

Smash Hero
Can we just start calling these things Goopfests?
Goopstock
IHOG (International House Of Goop)
Goopstival
celeGooption
Tea and Goopettes
Goopgoopettygoopgoopgoop

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
G-Mo, do you think you'd be able to get me a ride BACK from Goop's place? I'd probably have to go home early as hell if you can't.

EDIT: The crew of people that are not in STB or The Revolution should be called the Power Rangers. Each member will use a different color, and it should preferably correspond with a color of the Power Rangers. I think it's Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Black, White. idk.

lolzlulz

Top Bottom