• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol i know i wont be makin the saturday tourney in tuscon. id rather go to the atomic comics for a few reasons.
1. its way closer
2. time constraint, i get off work at 11am.
3. too tired after work
4. tourney wont take too long to do, and then i can go home fast and go to sleep :)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
It's silly, really.

I'm sure the frequent tourney goers at Atomic Comics will still make it into the Grand Tourney in December if they skip this August one (You only needed to attend a minimum of five, I believe). An hour or two judging by where you live isn't terrible.

Then again, Bryan can just, and I put it, -very simply- change the date.

Northbound

Smash Rookie
I actually haven't even been to a single AC tourney yet, and as far as distance is concerned it would take me at least an hour to get there. As for tuscon, it would take at least 2. With the gas prices being as high as they are (and when you drive a ford bronco) money is a very big issue.

Demised

Smash Ace
Glide is right though, its definately more about the crowd there. Hehe. Although AZ tourney placing dont matter that much to me personally. I care more about the OOS tourneys place wise. If people beat me at a tourney, i'd hope they want to bring that A game with me to other states to soon take over the cosmos.

So if 2D changes the date, cool. If not cool. Its his tourney so if people cant make it or choose not to make it on that same date as another tourney, its each persons own choice to not go and hold it on the said date. So hey, its all good. Besides, Tucson, we all need to go to a OOS preferably Cali and show them what AZ's got. Being recognized in AZ is cool, but lets take it to the next level my friends.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Well, I was going to change the date, then decided not to just for the fact that I think I'll get more people to come on a saturday than on a sunday or another week. I originally wanted it to be this last weekend, the 9th, but I was under the impression that the AC Tourney was then, so thats why I made it the 16th. I made sure to clear my schedule and Valor and jet4s so that we would be able to host it, and when i found out that ACs got pushed back it was too late to make it another date really.

And I love all the phoenix people complaining about coming to tucson, not like tucson > phoenix is any less of a trip than phoenix to tucson is, and i've been up there 3 times already. Man up Phoenix!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Smash has changed...
---
EVO 2008 info. and videos by Dannykat, the Marth player from AzOne2.

Both SK92 and Dannykat are from Las Vegas who tried taking a chance here from EVO 2008. Ken Hoang had also wished to revolutionize Marth's Brawl metagame starting with this tourney. Remember, Stats was here at this tourney.

The tourney consisted of 105 entrants. SoCal dominates top 8 with big names such as Ken and Bardull.

Videos:
Some feature KEN HOANG (Marth) and SK92 (Falco).
Items make Brawl matches enjoyable to watch (they're a lot more faster and aren't filled with boring campy and spamming moves). Final Smashes seem balanced...in a way.
Mind the background screaming.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Dannykattt

Hopefully EVO/SRK will pull their heads out of their *** and put Melee back for next year. Especially with such a stupid ruleset as this.

Unfortunately, Ken lost Grand Finals with his Marth falling to a R.O.B. (CPU). The CPU takes 1st while Ken begrudgingly takes 2nd hoping to relive his title of The Smash King.

--KosukeKGA

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Items ARE fun. They actually make Brawl a lot more enjoyable.

If counterpicking Luigi's Mansion and then running off 7 minutes with Meta Knight is really fun to you guys, then enjoy.

I suggest someone look into this item business in Brawl.
I mean it, really, those matches were actually fun to watch.

Unlike this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLvRh_4JHQ

Meta Knight spamming. Oh, joy. I love camping, guys. Let's all main Meta Knight and spam Up-B, Tornado, and Down Smash. <3

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hey, this **** tastes awful. I'm going to sprinkle it with salt and seasoning to suppress the horrible taste, even though I can choose to consume something that tastes leagues better WITHOUT trying to find ways to enrich it; in fact, trying to go out and find things to make it taste even better only taints the taste.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Do you realize that convincing people to play Brawl with items is probably more improbable than convincing them to just go back to Melee?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'm no expert on Brawl's metagame, but don't Snake's grenades encourage camping on his part? I think the reason items reduce campiness is because they spawn in random places and so the people are more inclined to actually... um.. move.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Item play probably won't happen. Too many people will think Brawl will be like 90% luck-based if items were on (Even though it is heavily luck-based already).
---
Besides, what can you do?

Be honest.
---
Does Arizona have ANY intention of going back to Melee at all? Ask everyone. People do not like change and us Melee players whining about Brawl being inferior won't make them change their minds, but instead, it'll just piss them off, plain and simple. If people think camping and spamming is fun, let them. They won't change. Either they sucked at Melee or were tired of it.

I hope they do, though.

Rather than playing Melee at STB's castle every few weekends or so, I am actually playing it to try to find something that will end Brawl's tourney scene nationwide. By playing it. Picking Snake or Meta Knight. And hoping to win the lottery.
---
Jet4, Snake camping is also pretty fun. Grenades and tilts! Oh, and throw in the occasional Mortar Slide to Up-Smash edgeguarding.
---
At Atomic Comics on the 2nd, it was cool. I believe I saw a match with three Meta Knights. People are already endorsing the overuse of Meta Knight. It's all good.
He is Top Tier after all. (Psst, did you know MK has a 0-death gimp on Snake? Broken.)

Keep spamming!

-Big Boss Salute-

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Grenades don't camp people, people camp people!

Kosuke, you Snake ditto'd me right? I wasn't campy but held my own. Going for a C4 stick is fun and effective :)

If you kids come down to Tucson I'll play melee with you instead anways. It was fun at G-Mo's even though I'm still so rusty at it.

Please don't litter the boards with any Brawl-bashing and camp/spam-whining.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Oh, yes, Jet4.

I will admit, Snake does actually take skill to play:

Smart Camping
---
Let's play again sometime.

This time though, I'll play Meta Knight. I cannot wait for that moment. Of course, I'm always up for Melee and prefer that.
---
I can only think of 5 players who use MK: Dark, Timmy, Sao, Morty, and Peter.

Who else does?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I can beat Snakes with MK :)

If anyone ever cps me on luigi's mansion, that shiz is gonna happen.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Indeed sir. But I find that Rainbow cruise, or Halberd do a much better job for MK. It makes the **** hurt twice as much :).

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Interesting.

Now, I know about Rainbow Cruise, but what makes the Halberd special for MK? Is it the edges of the moving platform throughout the stage?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Timmy is 2CUTE. Denying a favor to him is like denying an adorable, crying asthmatic little eight year old girl her inhaler.

fark

Smash Apprentice
if it wasnt for tai acting the way he did in the beginning,and kos acting the way he does now,id still play melee for fun every now and then.
now,i honestly cant go back to that game because of the childish attitudes you guys had,and still have.
but i do respect tai a million times more now for manning up and admitting that how he acted was immature.
tairone is cool in my book.

congrats kga!!
in your attempts to make us play melee,you made me never want to play again!!
i cant speak for the rest,but you are the main reason that one person no longer wants to play.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
if it wasnt for tai acting the way he did in the beginning,and kos acting the way he does now,id still play melee for fun every now and then.
now,i honestly cant go back to that game because of the childish attitudes you guys had,and still have.
but i do respect tai a million times more now for manning up and admitting that how he acted was immature.

congrats kga!!
i cant speak for the rest,but you are the main reason that one person no longer wants to play.
Let me get this straight.

You won't play a video game for fun because of me saying things on the internet because I'm acting like a keyboard warrior? Alright.

If anything, my post wasn't even an attempt to force people to play Melee. Read my **** replies. People aren't jerks in real life. It's the internet.

If it's a pride issue over not playing the game then that's just downright stupid. The opinion of 2 kids really gets to you, huh? Well, I'm sorry about that. But then again, it'd just be best to ignore me altogether now wouldn't it?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Kos is a nice guy on AIM. Who cares about him being annoying about melee online? I'm an ******* online but I'm cool to be around in person (I hope LOL)

Northbound

Smash Rookie

congrats kga!!
I 2nd this statement.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
If counterpicking Luigi's Mansion and then running off 7 minutes with Meta Knight is really fun to you guys, then enjoy.

Meta Knight spamming. Oh, joy. I love camping, guys. Let's all main Meta Knight and spam Up-B, Tornado, and Down Smash. <3

Quite the crowd-pleaser, KGA.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
How many peopple from Phx would make the tuscon tourney if it were changed to sunday? i'll try and convince bryan to do it if there would be a better turnout.

Top Bottom