• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
hmm

1. Axe
2. G-mo
3. Vat zero
4. Karl
5. (wobbles?)
6. (taj?)
7. open
8. open?

it's looking like only you'll be able to go, and that'd still be pushing it with my mom (i dont even know if she'd let 6 or 7 LOL)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
hmm

1. Axe
2. G-mo
3. Toro
4. Vat zero
5. Karl
6. (wobbles?)
7. (taj?)
8. open

it's looking like only you'll be able to go, and that'd still be pushing it with my mom (i dont even know if she'd let 6 or 7 LOL)
Omar won't be able to get the day off on Saturday. But I'll be there. I haven't told Oscar about it, but he'll probably be there.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
this isn't a car, this is a list of people coming to the smashfest on saturday at my house

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh sorry guys. my ride left to phoenix preemptively -___-
Not gonna be there. Now i feel like a jerk.
And I dont even get to play melee.
lol D:

DualCats

Smash Ace
hmm

1. Axe
2. G-mo
3. Vat zero
4. Karl
5. (wobbles?)
6. (taj?)
7. open
8. open?

I can show up but my time-frame is limited. I'm house-sitting and need to be back at a decent hour. Decent being 'before 10ish'

I need to feed my dog and lock the house so I'm cool from 8am - 10pm. Approximately.

Ahhh sorry guys. my ride left to phoenix preemptively -___-
Not gonna be there. Now i feel like a jerk.
And I dont even get to play melee.
lol D:
The silly thing is that I had a chance to go to Flagstaff this weekend.

fark

Smash Apprentice
hmm

1. Axe
2. G-mo
3. Vat zero
4. Karl
5. (wobbles?)
6. (taj?)
7. open
8. open?

how long is this going on for?i get out of work at 330 so i can be there by 4 if thats cool.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Subscribed =]

Axe did you get my text earlier about the el paso thing? I know its a long shot but just an idea we had haha

Goop

Smash Journeyman
1. forward
2. wobbles
3. axe
4. taj (if hes "active" yet)
5. GG7
6. me/jetfour (probably me cuz i actually ENTER tourneys)
7. me/jetfour
8. toro/yeah/goop (i personally want to list them in that order, but i can see toro > joey > goop > toro cuz sheik's a stupid b*tch)
9. toro/yeah/goop
10. toro/yeah/goop
I would place them like this:

1. Wobbles
2. Axe
3. Forward
4. Taj
5. Gamer Guitarist
6. Tai
7. Goop
8. Toro
9. Jetfour
10. Yeah

I honestly don't know anyone else in Phoenix who I would say is better than me other than the people above me. And Toro I feel could be better than me if he played another character but I think I do pretty well in the match up. Jetfour I haven't played since like 3-4 months ago. I know I have gotten better since then but I don't about him/how regularly he plays/attends tourneys/gives a ****, however he was pretty good in the couple sets of friendlies we played. I'll take Tai's word that this Yeah guy is good but I doubt that he's better than Toro, Jetfour or I.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
questionable statements
1-7: I'm not concerned with right now, but I agree with Tai's list up to this point.
8: Toro
9: Yeah!*
10: maXXXpower*

*I still have to play Joey, but I think I can beat him. He's very good from what I remember, so I don't mean to discredit him by any means. Because I haven't played him, I can't claim that I'm better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, it is a belief of mine that Goop is not better than Toro or me. I am quite dismayed that people would think that is the case. Naturally, I demand satisfaction.

I do not make these assertive claims without being prepared to substantiate them; I propose a money match to prove which lens-wearing Mexican is superior in the game of Super Smash Bros. Melee. Conditions of the match are not set in stone, so feel free alter them, Manny. This is just a brief, flexible description of terms:

1. $20-40 money match
1a. The match does not have to be for money if you don't want it to be, but it must be clear that this is not a friendly match.
1b. The purpose of this match is to establish who is the better player.​
2. Best of 5 or 7 (your call)
3. Pause OFF
4. Stage list and other rules are flexible
4a. I prefer neutral stages only.
4b. The rules of a recent tourney could be used as a template.​

Please do not misinterpret this challenge as an attack on you. I just believe that people who think I am not the better player between us are wrong. I am not arguing AZ's top ten, but I am making the posit that I should not be overlooked over Manny when or if the list is made.

I <3 you every day of the week, Manny, but when is comes to Melee, it's all business.

Duff0

Smash Ace
That of the best is challenging the god of the waterfall.

Being the hero of time vs risking it all.

Goosen vs Goop

Who is the bester Goo?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Bring TvC on a Wii with your homebrew stuff so we can play it on backup sometime or tournament, Duffy

[too lazy to mod mine]

Duff0

Smash Ace
I can't do that anymore, Kosuke.

But I'm sure that someone will have it, then we will proceed to take it and then play with it. Sound good?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Some where in there was a money match. I accept $40. My place on Friday.

But I must warn you...

ITS A SHADOW GAME!!!!

BUWAHAHAHA
Record this match! I wanna watch it and maybe even have a good laugh lol.

Just remember! I have your SOULS in my cards!
I don't know why but its really effing hard to read the left card lol.
It says Drak and Goop (if you couldn't figure it out...)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
omg *****s

don't do it this friday without taking me

i have to see it

also, my logic behind putting goop there was cuz of tourney results and cuz Sheik vs Samus is stupid

He has a positive record on Xander (or so xander told me LOL) and I can see him beating Toro just cuz Sheik is a b**ch

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Positive record against the dreadly Falco based Rubyiris, yes that be true.

The G of MO has no chance in a match against an opponent who is willing to RISK IT ALL

Top Bottom