• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
just for referance pit can pivot grab nado (ill admit it's hard as balls though). his normal grab sucks a fat wad in range but his pivot range is near broken as marth's if not equally broken.

also ya WOI can cancell out a bunch of stuff including MKs glide attack, and if he doesn't do glide attack he's getting daired or baired out of FF WOI

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i don't think luigi can XD :p lol idk but it seems like weegee would be some1 to get screwed over in that department. i mean, it's weegee. wat else is there too say?
He can. Anyone who doesn't have a tether grab can pivot grab nado. For that to happen, nado would have to be on the same level as the grab.
Pretty sure everyone can pivot grab nado
Not true.
just for referance pit can pivot grab nado (ill admit it's hard as balls though). his normal grab sucks a fat wad in range but his pivot range is near broken as marth's if not equally broken.

also ya WOI can cancell out a bunch of stuff including MKs glide attack, and if he doesn't do glide attack he's getting daired or baired out of FF WOI
Pit's grab range is balls.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
amen, his grab range is terribad. if it was just that much farther it would make my life soooo much easier. but like i said, at least his pivot grab range is good. but it's still too bad his standing grab = pile of ****

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ganon can also pivot grab Nado, but it takes perfect spacing. Afaik the only character with worse grab range is Ice Climbers. That doesn't bother them though.

I really wish Dedede could standing grab it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
As stated above, if you are extremely precise and the other guy is extremely predictable, you can beat tornado. But obviously you can't pivot grab a head height tornado, so it doesn't matter.

Chariot9999

Smash Rookie
Hmmm...

Aren't you being just a LITTLE discriminative against Bowser, there?

not only that, I see a LOT of things that are wrong with this chart as well!

Now way Mario's an even matchup against Bowser! Because of Bowser's linear attacks, he can be so easily countered by Mario. Bowser attempts to flamethrower him, side special, side air and up special. Bowser tries to **** him with side special, side or neutral special. Completely in Mario's favor. Should be +3 for Mario VS. Bowser.

And how DARE you give Toon link low matchup values!? :mad:
Toon Link's speed and melee attacks are awesome. Zero suit samus stuns are no match for Toon Link's. She can only pull two moves when her opponent's stunned whereas Toon Link can instigate three and STILL have the opponent stunned.

Remake this! This ain't satisfactory

C.J.

Smash Master

Now way Mario's an even matchup against Bowser! Because of Bowser's linear attacks, he can be so easily countered by Mario. Bowser attempts to flamethrower him, side special, side air and up special. Bowser tries to **** him with side special, side or neutral special. Completely in Mario's favor. Should be +3 for Mario VS. Bowser.

Toon Link's speed and melee attacks are awesome. Zero suit samus stuns are no match for Toon Link's. She can only pull two moves when her opponent's stunned whereas Toon Link can instigate three and STILL have the opponent stunned.

-DEAD-

Give this man a medal!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

Yeah...
Like I said, shouldn't be posting loud opinions like this...

Also, ZSS is, at worst, 0 with TL.
At best, she's +1 or +2.
TL is bad. :D

Chuee

Smash Hero

Hey buddy.
Wanna come to a midwest tourney and money match my Bowser vs your mario for $50?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Count said it before I could lol.

If you do go to a MW tourney I'm at Chuee, I'll MM your Bowser with my Mario for a small amount. My Mario is free, ask Fizzle. :)

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Tornado itself isn't a big deal, but its surprising speed
Depends on the character.
The slow, floaty characters(Peach, Samus, Zelda, etc) and the really fat characters (Dedede, Bowser, etc) are going to consider tornado a big deal if it makes the match up a lot harder for them.

Chuee is going to SiiS5.
No one from STL wants to go to Siis5 :urg:.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Tornado by itself meant that there are sections where every character can hit nado.

Not like MK is going to provide you that opportunity, though, due to its intrinsic characteristics. Does that make sense?

D

Deleted member

Depends on the character.
The slow, floaty characters(Peach, Samus, Zelda, etc) and the really fat characters (Dedede, Bowser, etc) are going to consider tornado a big deal if it makes the match up a lot harder for them.

Tell them to man up and make the trip. They're gonna be missing out on a great tournament. Not to mention it has free arcade gaming for the entire weekend.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Tornado by itself meant that there are sections where every character can hit nado.

Not like MK is going to provide you that opportunity, though, due to its intrinsic characteristics. Does that make sense?

Some characters don't even have reliable options to safely attack its weak spot though, so even if the Mk does leave himself open they aren't likely to get a punish in.
I understand where you're coming from though.

Tell them to man up and make the trip. They're gonna be missing out on a great tournament. Not to mention it has free arcade gaming for the entire weekend.
We went to the 3rd and 4th ones and at the 3rd one there were some... housing misunderstandings to say the least.
At the 4th one a lot of people didn't like the way the tournament was ran,
the whole 9 hour pools thing along with poor organization
so I can't blame people for not wanting to go to this one.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Chuee don't act like you go to tournaments :p

:phone:
Yup :/
Though, If I can get a free $50 I may be able to work something out :3

Count said it before I could lol.

If you do go to a MW tourney I'm at Chuee, I'll MM your Bowser with my Mario for a small amount. My Mario is free, ask Fizzle. :)
Nah, I'd only MM someone with my Bowser if it was free money.
Like that guy.

Chuee is going to SiiS5.
That I am

yessssssss, I get to play another bowser
My boozer sucks.

.....I am disappoint.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I was shocked Falcon had a 0 in match-ups with Ness. I main Falcon and my brother mains Ness; we're both very familiar with these characters, and I always feel at a disadvantage when we go head to head with our mains.
Ness's fair can really **** up Falcon's game; the cap'n also is a pretty easy target for Ness's bair. I fight in the air a lot, and Ness can easily move around me.
There's a lot more but uh.. I'm late to work, and it's hard for me to make a point without knowing the reasons this was made a neutral match-up.

I realize this might not be the best place to discuss this (really specific) match-up; I was just posting this to see if anyone else came close to agreeing with me.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I was shocked Falcon had a 0 in match-ups with Ness. I main Falcon and my brother mains Ness; we're both very familiar with these characters, and I always feel at a disadvantage when we go head to head with our mains.
Ness's fair can really **** up Falcon's game; the cap'n also is a pretty easy target for Ness's bair. I fight in the air a lot, and Ness can easily move around me.
There's a lot more but uh.. I'm late to work, and it's hard for me to make a point without knowing the reasons this was made a neutral match-up.

I realize this might not be the best place to discuss this (really specific) match-up; I was just posting this to see if anyone else came close to agreeing with me.
U-Air does a number on Ness when he's above you, and Falcon can play the keep-away game really well here. Longer limbs are nice to have if you can avoid Ness's F-Air.

Also, even if grabs don't come all that easily, doesn't Falcon get grab-release F-Air on Ness? I think even is a pretty accurate description, myself.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
U-Air does a number on Ness when he's above you, and Falcon can play the keep-away game really well here. Longer limbs are nice to have if you can avoid Ness's F-Air.

Also, even if grabs don't come all that easily, doesn't Falcon get grab-release F-Air on Ness? I think even is a pretty accurate description, myself.
the grab release to knee does work, albeit with precision. Uair is good, but you have to get Ness pretty high in the air, which can be difficult, seeing as how a good Ness player will stay in the air around head level or little higher with Falcon. The long limbs don't help unless you're using uair (obviosuly) or utilt; and dtilt, to some extent.

A big problem is grabbing the kid, as Ness won't be staying long on the ground very often. You've got Falcon's jab, but I still would argue for a -1. Ness's fair, nair, and bair all destroy Falcon because of his height.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I of course Understand Yoshi and MK being able to defeat IC's. But How does Diddy and Snake keep them away? Diddy with Nanners and Snake with his Grenades before getting grabbed along with the ridiculous amount of Times they think he's dead only to have Lived cause of being so damn heavy?

As for Toon link I have no idea... Camp and never approach like every MU i'm guessing.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
the grab release to knee does work, albeit with precision. Uair is good, but you have to get Ness pretty high in the air, which can be difficult, seeing as how a good Ness player will stay in the air around head level or little higher with Falcon. The long limbs don't help unless you're using uair (obviosuly) or utilt; and dtilt, to some extent.

A big problem is grabbing the kid, as Ness won't be staying long on the ground very often. You've got Falcon's jab, but I still would argue for a -1. Ness's fair, nair, and bair all destroy Falcon because of his height.
Ness is also more gimpable than we are :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom