• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
That's actually a good observation, they all are more or less the same person.

"Why is Mario so low? He was good in Melee / he is better than those around him. It's just that nobody uses him!"

What everyone seems to be missing is that Mario is a terrible, bottom 5 character.
That and that I've never actually seen a Mario main admit this or be fine with where he is on the tier list.

No true Mario main says, "Yeah, he's not that great. He's fine where he is." True Mario mains say, "Mario should be mid-tier because he's truly that good. No one understands this. Let's see Mario move up a tier or two next time! We got thisderp!"

I don't think Mario mains understand that Mario in Brawl is not Mario in Melee, Mario in Super Mario Galaxy, Mario in Super Mario 64 or Mario in any other game Mario is in. As in, every other game in which Mario is actually good at something.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
mario is pretty good at juggling and anti-camping. he has a close matchup with ROB as a result of this =[

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
1st paragraph.
Cannot think of a single thing to say other than just no.

2nd paragraph.
The same can almost word for word be said for Fox, let alone other characters.

3rd paragraph.
That last sentence is exactly what every other person playing a different character is thinking against you.

The rest I cannot respond to. Too much theorycrafting, opinions and fallacies. It is hopeless to change somebody's mind with such, not with actual reason and logic. Prove what you say, not ask "Can you imagine if ___ was __?" or state that everyone else is against only you. Research what you are arguing against more thoroughly; don't ignore the obvious things, including those don't favor.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Cannot think of a single thing to say other than just no.

The same can almost word for word be said for Fox, let alone other characters.

That last sentence is exactly what every other person playing a different character is thinking against you.

The rest I cannot respond to. Too much theorycrafting, opinions and fallacies. It is hopeless to change somebody's mind with such, not with actual reason and logic. Prove what you say, not ask "Can you imagine if ___ was __?" or state that everyone else is against only you. Research what you are arguing against more thoroughly; don't ignore the obvious things, including those don't favor.
Thete is a bog difference between throcrafting and stating facts. I explained what Peach can do. When I made the list of all the stuff people should be doingwith her, I clearly sated that if one was to do that, she be ****. But since no one has, I am not suprised to see how she is viewed.

She can do amazing things if people was to abuse all that. But since no one has, I did not count that for anything as to why she is better. But the otherstuff that I said is what counts and its what she can do and has been seen many times. Frame data dosent lie.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It seems fine to me, I think you might just be a bit stoned.
Indeed, the towns people threw rubble at me for days. Clouded my judgment.

Edit: The Rock puns well. He asks can you smell what he is cooking. Inevitable, you can.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
o lawd this thread is gonna get locked before it gets to 1000 posts

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Top:
S: :metaknight:

A: :snake: :diddy: :falco: :marth: :wario: :popo:

High:
B: :olimar: :pikachu2: :gw: :dedede: :zerosuitsamus: :lucario:

Middle:
C: :toonlink: :peach: :fox: :kirby2: :rob: :pit: :dk2:

D: :luigi2: :zelda:/:shiek: :wolf: :shiek: :ness2: :ike: :sonic: :pt:

Low:
E: :mario2: :yoshi2: :lucas: :bowser2:

F: :samus2: :falcon: :link2: :zelda: :jigglypuff:

G: :ganondorf:

This is just my opinion on the tier list.

Notes:
-:peach: Yea I think she should be moved up 4 spots. Why? Well look at who I moved her over. Pit, was only moved up on v4 because of potential. Now he is moved back down. Correct me if I'm wrong(I hope to have feedback anyway) what has Pit been doing lately in tournaments. Tournament records seem to be a big thing about tier placements anyway. This forum has been talking about fox's placement due to tournament results.
I fail to see how Kirby and ROB are genuinely better than her but if u guys want to argue it then go ahead. Fox is debatable. He has had his moments of fame in tournaments recently but look at his matchups. ICS, Sheik(she is mid but still) Pikachu all destroy him, and many characters have a chaingrab on him because of his extremely fast falling speed. This also can make him easier to combo. But, like I said Peach and Fox could be tie for 15th.

-Everything else was pretty much small changes. I moved Ness up a couple of spots because he has a really good air game. Very high priority in general. Ike dropped because I dont think he is better than sheik. Since Zelda/Sheik was new to the tier list, I didnt know how to really place them. Being good with both tho is definitely a plus. Some of the bad matchups that Sheik has Zelda goes even with. Pikachu, Ice Climbers are two examples. I moved Link and Zelda above Jiggs but idk know if they are both better than her though. I moved ZSS above Lucario because ZSS has been getting great tourney rep lately and as a character in general she is better. Lucario can not do much before he gets to higher percentages except relying on his good air game. He also gets gimped pretty easily due to his upB not dishing out damage. This lets the opponent edgehog him real easily. ZSS has a very versatile recovery tho with her high second jump and her flip jump. Her tether has a the best range out of all tethers giving it really good range in general. If i missed anything else then sorry but this took a little while to type up. Please give feedback tho lol. I put alot of effort into this.:)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
G-tier, G is for Ganon... He really needs to move... *sigh*

as for peach vs fox... that may be a fair game with a tie... they both have decent air moves, fox is a lot faster though... and his usmash is broken if used right.... I still love using his reflector for everything, and peach is still decent too...

CrazyReDead

Smash Rookie
Only complaint is seeing Ike above Sheik. I agree that Ike deserves higher placement, but not quite that high. He's still in potential stage. I love the Zelda/Sheik addition, seems perfectly viable. As an ex-Fox main, I feel he totally deserves 16, if not higher! Favorite list yet!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
MLG Dallas

Peach mains all over the world will rejoice, and hold hands in harmony.

(except me)

I'll be winning.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Lol I'm not too sure about that.

But who cares, everyone just **** in tourney and MM the best mains of the characters in question if you have a problem with anything. That's it.
pssst
the cheat sheet is on the front page, made it a no brainer

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
KBizzle I forgot to MM you at MLG Columbus, didn't fine you in time. :(
It's all good. You going to MLG Dallas (or any cheaper large tournament)? Actually...why don't you come to School is in Session 4 on January 8th? It's part of Ohio's most successful tournament series to date (the last event had 117 entrants including Ally, Atomsk, Zucco, The God Kais, Lain, Shugo, etc.; it was one hell of a tournament). We can MM there if you'd like?

pssst
the cheat sheet is on the front page, made it a no brainer
I see what you did thar.
I almost forgot, we need to MM too bby. ;)

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
That and that I've never actually seen a Mario main admit this or be fine with where he is on the tier list.

No true Mario main says, "Yeah, he's not that great. He's fine where he is." True Mario mains say, "Mario should be mid-tier because he's truly that good. No one understands this. Let's see Mario move up a tier or two next time! We got thisderp!"

I don't think Mario mains understand that Mario in Brawl is not Mario in Melee, Mario in Super Mario Galaxy, Mario in Super Mario 64 or Mario in any other game Mario is in. As in, every other game in which Mario is actually good at something.
It's not as much that we want him to be the best so much as it is us Mario mains wanting for him to at least be 'The Mario' (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheMario).

We love it it Mario's good. We like it when Mario's the middleman. We just don't like Mario being bad.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Can't find where we're supposed to post, but I'll just do it here.

I think :Toonmother-****ingLink: beats > :Meta Face:

Because, when I comes down to it, nobody likes being spiked. You always think...they just got lucky...***...
But the means MK is the worst because he can't spike.

So yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom