• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Peach better than Ike or Ness? I can see that.
But Sonic?
Eh...you'd have to elaborate on why.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This just looks weird.

C: :toonlink: :kirby2: :fox: :rob: :pit: :sonic::ike::ness2::peach::dk2:
D: :luigi2: :wolf:
:sheik: :pt:

Why did Peach get that high in the first place? You just look at her tools and she has some good stuff - or at least comparably good to the rest of C tier. Recovery, jab, projectile, blah blah. D tier seems lacking alongside. And if not Peach, comparable to Rob? Or DK? Luigi?

I don't know why Sonic and MLG friends are winning while others aren't, but I think it's apparent certain characters are gifted with power players - making everyone else look bad.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I don't think ike or sonic are that much worse than peach if at all

she's really not a good character
ike definitely

sonic idk.

peach has a really good bait game imo, and i think people still havent tapped her but atm sonic is just pretty gay. i think that maybe in the future this would be true but atm i have to give sonic da thumbs in the current metagame

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I haven't heard of a Peach beating any solid players in large scale tourneys at all.
I think beating Mr-R 3-0 with Peach is pretty impressive :)

And Kain just won a 70 player tourney with Wolf. Just thought it's ironic how FREEgoggles mentions that Wolf won't do "anything notable anytime soon" when just recently a Wolf took a set off TKD [still waiting for an MK to do that] and now wins some larger scale tourneys. And the party is just starting.

:059:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
This just looks weird.

:sick:
Jeez this looks ugly

Dem Euro Peach's :awesome:

Currently, as much as it hurts me inside, Sonic is doing better than Peach. I can't understand why though because yes, Sonic is pretty gay in Brawl but...I mean come on - its Sonic! He isn't a good character and once you start to abuse his weaknesses, you really start to see that. He's got some great players who really have shown what he can do but imo, people really don't do enough to shut Sonic down when they're playing vs him. Props to all his pro players though

It is very embarrassing that Peach's are still going 'We're bad - Peach is good but we're bad so she isn't doing aswell as she should be doing!' which is true but regardless, the excuse is starting to get a bit stale now. Someone needs to bloody well step it up with Peach

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
It still sort of boggles my mind, to be honest.

Peach has absolutely no top level players (several other mid tiers have top level players) and yet we are still supposed to assume that Peach is a decent character despite her placings in national tournaments being very poor? I haven't heard of a Peach beating any solid players in large scale tourneys at all.
last impressive thing I heard about a peach doing, was nicole ALMOST taking a game off anti...
I don't think ike or sonic are that much worse than peach if at all

she's really not a good character
this.

And Kain just won a 70 player tourney with Wolf. Just thought it's ironic how FREEgoggles mentions that Wolf won't do "anything notable anytime soon" when just recently a Wolf took a set off TKD [still waiting for an MK to do that] and now wins some larger scale tourneys. And the party is just starting.

:059:

1. link me to this tourney
2. note that when I said that, I was agreeing with something YOU said.
3. vids of wolf vs tkd?
4. Remind me to money match kain the next time I see him. Im pretty confident in my chances.
5. on a completely seperate note, atomsk two stocked adhd in tourney with sonic. how do people feel about that?

BSP

Smash Legend
Peach better than Ike or Ness? I can see that.
But Sonic?
Eh...you'd have to elaborate on why.
This.

This just looks weird.

Why did Peach get that high in the first place? You just look at her tools and she has some good stuff - or at least comparably good to the rest of C tier. Recovery, jab, projectile, blah blah. D tier seems lacking alongside. And if not Peach, comparable to Rob? Or DK? Luigi?

I don't know why Sonic and MLG friends are winning while others aren't, but I think it's apparent certain characters are gifted with power players - making everyone else look bad.
People are right with the no high level peach thing...but others characters are getting their work done, proving themselves, while she's...just sitting above them for what reason? She needs to step her game up, but until then, Sonic and others (ike,ness, debatable) that are winning have no reason to be under her.

I don't know what to say about Luigi though. He's mid, but IDK if he's C or D.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If Pokémon Trainer could only switch between Ivysaur and Charizard, where do you think he would be?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you avoid bullet seed (which is legitamately harder than it sounds) what does ivy have? a decent range f tilt, a cruddy projectile, a great range bair that does 4% and a nair that combos into all her other bad moves...

if the other guy doesnt know what to do (as is the case with most lower tiers, she can do some damage, other wise its like a free pass to do whatever you want.

to answer your question, if you could only choose between charizard and ivysaur, i would probably put them like 1-3 spaces above captain falcon

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I feel really bad that I have to say this cause first of all, I know kain, and I love the guy, hes super chill, and hes my boy, and im honestly not trying to come off as a massive hater.

but he seems to have gotten incredibly fortunate with the bracket for that tourney.

kain is a high level player and I respect him for that but look who he had to play.

MMM is a mid level falco.
last I checked holmes plays wolf, and your not going to beat the guy who knows everthing about wolf, with wolf.
clel is your dime a dozen metaknight player.

He did beat MJG and Hylian tho, which is no small feat. but the only match that I saw him in that I thought he would even come close to losing were in semifinals.

to answer your question. I would love to have a rematch with him, the fact that that hes gotten better from when I played him at mlg isnt of much consequence to me. Cause thats what your supposed to do. get better over time.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
if you avoid bullet seed (which is legitamately harder than it sounds) what does ivy have? a decent range f tilt, a cruddy projectile, a great range bair that does 4% and a nair that combos into all her other bad moves...

if the other guy doesnt know what to do (as is the case with most lower tiers, she can do some damage, other wise its like a free pass to do whatever you want.
Bullet Seed is more like a mix-up or a punishment move than anything else ("Oh, you want to punish that aerial?").

F-Tilt is only good if the opponent's shield is weakened--D-Tilt is the poke of choice; it's fast, has nice range, and hits twice.

Razor Leaf is solid in its own right; it goes through most projectiles, has slight homing capability, and can't be powershielded on command, since its speed is variable.

The mix-up of B-Air and jumping F-Air is pretty hard to deal with for most characters, especially since Bullet Seed could be waiting after either of them.

N-Air combos exceptionally well into all sorts of moves. U-Air, F-Air, and N-Air all combo from it.

Despite these things, the important thing to consider is that Ivysaur can do great damage once the opponent's shield is weakened; thankfully, Ivysaur gives the opponent plenty of reason to shield, but if she can't do that, she's in a -lot- of trouble.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Problem is that Ivy is too slow in the air to have the needed shield pressure game to be good. Slow projectile doesn't help things either. >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
why do you care about what we have to say about this? shouldn't you be out improving your peach so you can show us how amazing she apparently is?
Oh god you are so annoying. I'm getting sick of seeing you around and posting.

*adds to ignore*

Aside from this. Why Peach is better than sonic? Man I don't even have to discuss how these characters are in general. That would just be ****. I'll just say this which is an important thing; She has better match ups with the high tiers then sonic. And even characters below high tier. he gets grabbed resleased by yoshi, which peach pounds on Yoshi. And peach vs sonic? Lets not even get tho this.

Funny how I am hearing all this now. I wonder why. Oh ****. of course. The MLG hype train and people being followers. I should have figured that. Everyone has to follow something.

OMG, NICK RIDDLES JUST GOT THIRD AT MLG!!!! ZSS FOR ****ING TOP TIER!! SHE IS AMAZING, NICK IS AMAZZING! CDBWUOFGW;G

I gone said this many times, there isnt no top level Peach. People wanna make things so easy and blame the character. Never themselves. Don't try and slick your ways out to say Peach is just bad.

I remember when everyone was like sonic and ike were trash. We had no ikes and sonics on top level. We did indeed have good ones like Wes and Malcom (before he went to wario) for sonic but none for ike. Then one dude hit that level for Ike (San) and another for sonic (X) Went to tournies and started beasting. Since that happen, I don't hear so much of this? Where is it all now.

People use to ***** and snakle being so broken and gay. People finally decided to use thier heads and figure him out. Now where is all that *****ing now? Why am I now hearing that snake is not much of a pain to a point people say diddy is better?

Oh and I do need to clear up something. Someone said the only good thing someone did with Peach was Nicole nearly beating anti. Nicole got 20 by anti. First game she nearly won, second game she got 2 stocked. Just like I nearly beat rains meta knight. Yet I still got 2-0 by him. We did not win, yet alone scratch a game of them so we still fail.

The stuff people can and should be doing with Peach they don't do. Same time they are not on pro level as players in general. And thats a character flaw? No, thats a Player flaw. If everyone played Falco and never used his lasers or camped at all just to get *****, would you say falco sucks? I think you would if you thing peach does by these logics I am hearing. The falco players suck for not abusing his tools and stuff he can do.

Man, people are so simple minded.

DaomarIsBear

Smash Journeyman
No, saying Sonic was top tier because of Espy and X's placing at MLG would be silly. However, saying Sonic is probably better than a terrible character like Peach who's mains can't seem to accomplish anything sounds a lot less farfetched.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No, saying Sonic was top tier because of Espy and X's placing at MLG would be silly. However, saying Sonic is probably better than a terrible character like Peach who's mains can't seem to accomplish anything sounds a lot less farfetched.
Oh I see, Peach is terrible cause of the PLAYERS that can't accomplish anything.

Thanks for letting me know. I have no clue a player can change how a character is designed by game makers.

Nintendo>Peach players.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So Reflex, who do you think is better, ivysaur or charizard?
I've been wondering for ages. I used to think more than more that it was Ivysaur, but Charizard is starting to prove his worth now. I'm still torn on it. Charizard's not very good, though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh I see, Peach is terrible cause of the PLAYERS that can't accomplish anything.

Thanks for letting me know. I have no clue a player can change how a character is designed by game makers.

Nintendo>Peach players.
We need more Jigglypuff mains like this. No one cares about Jiggly at all. And its not that she is a bad character, its just that there are no high level puff players.

Also Ganondorf isn't bad, all Ganon mains just suck. Every time I see a Ganon land a flame choke, he fails to properly 0-death his opponent. But Ganon mains being horrible at the game DOES NOT MAKE GANONDORF A BAD CHARACTER.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

He did beat MJG and Hylian tho, which is no small feat. but the only match that I saw him in that I thought he would even come close to losing were in semifinals.

Kain got wayyyy better since I played him last. Sadly, I dropped 4 grabs on his last stock the last game we played in winners finals :/. Not really sure why, I hadn't been dropping grabs all day till that set lol.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

Nintendo>Peach players.
No Peach is just terrible. Thus, her being laughably bad disallows alot of Peach mains to do well with her.

Easily bottom 10 char.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@hylian

vids?

also, in case you might have taken it the wrong way, when I wrote that, I meant to say the FIRST match I saw that i thought he might lose was semifinals.

not 'only' match. wasnt trying to take a shot at you or anything.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been wondering for ages. I used to think more than more that it was Ivysaur, but Charizard is starting to prove his worth now. I'm still torn on it. Charizard's not very good, though.
Hmm, well I guess that makes them pretty much even for now then?

Browny

Smash Hater
hahahahahahahahahha

Apply that logic to ROB dark.pch

there was a time when he used to win tournaments too you know. Now either there was an amazing coincidence in that all his mains simultaneously got bad at the game while everyone else got better, or he was exposed to not be anywhere near as good as people thought.

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.
Dont forget that.

"your prime" refers to you as a player however I think it would be more accurate to say "Peach's prime", when people didnt camp her and didnt exploit her weaknesses fully because they just ran into attacks all day (hence G&W/ROB being so high).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
**** changes and people figure you out, snake used to be the second best character : p
I played everyone on the EC when I went to tournies around here. There was no excuse for people not knowing the match up or being lost. I was known for my Peach around here for beasting. Not for just being the only Peach in this region to enter tournies. More Peach players shoulded up a lil but I was just better then them all. I got better as a player and with that came good results.

Point in time I was doing well. Then started failing, then decided to step it up and was on **** mode for 2009. Then quit the game for a while due to life issues.

So unless you seriously trolling right now, save the lame johns. Cause if Peach is horrible, I should not be winning matches or giving good/top players a hard time just to talk me out. And I'm a scrub.

You guys john and make so many excuses just to get your way cause you seriously in no way possible see this or w/e you would call BS being true. Quite amazing. Each day the smash community shocks me more.

DaomarIsBear

Smash Journeyman
So, wait, why don't you or any other Peach mains "beast" anymore? The fact that you actually believe your logic is half way between appalling and ridiculously funny.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
So what's Kirby been up to recently?

And in all seriousness, I would actually like to see Wolf rise a bit, he should be above Luigi for sure
I know Chu just did pretty well at Xanadu, though Coney beat him in GFs IIRC. Though, Chu has always done work with Kirby.

TKO went Kirby with Allied (who went Snake) at Poly yesterday and they did pretty good in doubles.

That's all I know. xD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So, wait, why don't you or any other Peach mains "beast" anymore? The fact that you actually believe your logic is half way between appalling and ridiculously funny.
Oh come on, I actually wanted a challenging question. This is too easy. Last tourny with Edresse was GNES, and thats where he placed far. Excel was right under him. They had a Peach ditto and Edresse won. Excel last tourny was pound 4. He did not make out of of pools barley. Only one who did was mikey and I dont think he won a game in bracket. Pund was the only tourny excel goofed. but he isnt perfect, **** happens. He was still a monster of a Peach.

For me, my last tourny before I quit was one of Wes tournies where I got 7th out like 50 people. From there I had to retire for a while, and came buck just a mess. I been losing to just about everyone. Even people who like just started playing in the scene. I have NY getting pissed at me and wondering how I am losing to these guys or why am I not playing the way I was before I quit. The only thing I could say was "idk, I'm stupid" At first it was just me being rsty. but then I just could not bring it back. I could not play how I use too. if I would have lost if I played like I use too, I would have been fine. But I was not. So at this point there was no excuse, Iam just being dumb and not stepping it up.

People tried so hard to just but the blame on my character and said I was really good. I refuse to take these comments. Cause there is soooo many things I was not doing with Peach. And just playing aggressive. My Peach is not aggressive at all. It's D type. An aggressive Peach just gets ***** and waste her kill moves easy/ People kept telling me to quit it and do this and that. it was things I use to do along with other things I should be doing. But was so full of myself and stubborn to listen. So a Year goes on and still placing like ****, losing to these randoms and the most simple things that back then I would destroy.

All that right there is not the characters fault. its all mines, and with the results I am getting, I am a scrub now. I'm not some good player everyone Tries to say I am. They need to go with the other crowd that insults me and say I suck. it's my fault for being stuborn and I will take responsibility for my results and performance and not try to take the easy way out to make myself feel good to just blame my character. That **** is weak.

Only old school Peaches that were beasting in the day and still active with tournies is Me. The rest are just new borns and they not even hit a level with the rest of us were at one point.

Now as a whole, all Peach players just suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom