• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

>.>
you froze the game, the opposing player loses the game.
i mean if u say so

Tesh

Smash Hero
So can we unban grab releases on Ness/Lucas now? Most of them weren't even infinites anyway. That goes for the DDD cgs that rely on pummels. This looks like a reasonable way to stop those.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
this will never happen. who cares?

do you realize the odds of this happening?

what are the odds of running into a yoshi?

and having him grabbing you at 0%?

and having that be a tipper grab?

and it was a standing grab?

and you be so prepared for that grab that you slide your index finger on the control stick and thumb on the d-pad and you already mashing on the c-stick?

yeah, 0%

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So can we unban grab releases on Ness/Lucas now? Most of them weren't even infinites anyway. That goes for the DDD cgs that rely on pummels. This looks like a reasonable way to stop those.
They aren't officially banned I believe and there was never a reason to do so when a Marth's grab release did slightly better damage then Dedede's CG over FD with a pummel after each throw.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
$1.00 sidebet me on this
seeing as how he could never win since "ever" never ends,

I'll take a $20 bet with you that it doesn't happen in the next year with any one

bigman40

Smash Master
Wow, some of you guys are ********. If you consider this to be at anyone's fault then you might as well add back in Ganon's suicides and ****. The match should just be reset back to same percents because it's a COMPLETELY unlikely chance that this would EVER happen in ANY match because any smart Yoshi main would not even use standing grab (there's very rare occasions of it being used). Mix this in with the probability that you'll be within tip range of his tongue AND that you'll do enough inputs to "break out" before he swallows you is like next to impossible.

If Prime actually tested the tip range to see if it freezes then it would make slightly more sense at who's fault it would be (which is still impossibly rare). If he also tested his other grabs to see if they froze, then there can be better accusations; however, as it stands, because Prime made the game freeze due to HIS inputs, then it would be at fault of who made the glitch happen. Point blank.

@ Tesh: Care to find that specific rule? I have never saw a rule that states "You are responsible for knowing your character."

Tesh

Smash Hero
Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.
I guess I didn't remember it correctly. It does also say a judge would have to be able to conclusively determine who is at fault.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
NO
If you initiate a glitch its your fault. Generally, the person initiating the glitch is the character, but in this case, it has nothing to do with yoshi. It just so happens that the opponent can only initiate the glitch on yoshi.
O sorry i forgot spacing well is banworthy
It's specific to Yoshi. I can mash as much as I want against ICs. I can mash as much as I want against D3. I can't mash as much as I want against Yoshi. Marth can mash as much as he wants against ICs. Marth can mash as much as he wants against D3. Marth can't mash as much as he wants against Yoshi. That goes for any character.

The common factor is Yoshi. It is the only common factor. Therefor, the fault is Yoshi's. It's Yoshi main's responsibility to know about his character, including any game freezing glitches associated with his or her characters.

If ike froze the game if an opponent powershielded his nair at the tip, would it be ikes fault?
Yes it would be. It would suck, and drop Ike a lot, but it would be. It specific to my character in that event. The character it's specific to is as fault.

>.>

Its not yoshis spacing, its your button mashing. The reason its kinda his spacing is because its impossible to mash fast enough if you arent at the tip, because you go into his mouth too fast.
It's Yoshi's spacing. Your character, your fault.

The "it's both player's fault" argument doesn't work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Chain Jacket freeze occurs during a hit. Wouldn't that be both player's fault then? And yet it's Sheik who gets the DQ. You can't have it as "both players, redo". One of the two could be behind by several stalks, and then come back and win in the redo. Somebody has to get a DQ.

bigman40

Smash Master
It's Yoshi's spacing. Your character, your fault.

The "it's both player's fault" argument doesn't work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Chain Jacket freeze occurs during a hit. Wouldn't that be both player's fault then? And yet it's Sheik who gets the DQ. You can't have it as "both players, redo". One of the two could be behind by several stalks, and then come back and win in the redo. Somebody has to get a DQ.
No. The problem here is that you have inconclusive evidence to prove that it's only Yoshi's spacing that makes the glitch happen. The only information we have one video is that the glitch happens through a combination of Yoshi using the standing grab while the opponent is at tip range and the opponent mashing out activating the glitch to make it freeze. From this amount of evidence alone, we can only reset the match to same stock, same percents because it takes actions from both players to make this happen.

If Prime can show that it freezes only by Yoshi's standing grab (or any grab for that matter), then it is our fault. If I wanted to be biased and technical about it, then it would be the opponent's fault due to them actually activating the move. If we can't activate the move without help, then it shows that both players are at fault or that the opponent is at fault because they can make the glitch happen.

Lastly, as a Yoshi main, I'm telling you that this has impossible chances of happening because any Yoshi main with a ****ing IQ above 0 won't be throwing out standing grabs like it's a safe move. Add that with the actual scenario that you're coincidently close enough to get grabbed by the tip AND that you mash out fast enough (percent is another factor), you have downright impossible chances to make this happen.

Drop this ****ing bull**** already. Yall are just using this because you have no one else to really discuss anymore in this thread.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't see the harm in discussing it. If for some reason it did happen, it would be nice to have an established way of dealing with it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Doesn't matter if it's extremely, extremely unlikely to happen: it still needs to be addressed.

And I thought you Yoshi mains liked it when this topic discussed Yoshi. What happened to that eh? :laugh:

bigman40

Smash Master
Doesn't matter if it's extremely, extremely unlikely to happen: it still needs to be addressed.

And I thought you Yoshi mains liked it when this topic discussed Yoshi. What happened to that eh? :laugh:
Don't group. I only post here when people can't bring up logical statements is backed up with enough evidence (and mainly, it's about Yoshi because he's my expertise). That's mainly a meme that started because Yoshi mains jumped in as if this was a social when the topic was about Yoshi. The smart ones only come to correct the stupid posts made.

If it still needs to be addressed, then I just clarified all information about it until there's more proof that it happens:

To every character
To all of Yoshi's grabs
Only if the opponent is at the tip of Yoshi's tongue

Without anymore information, everything I have stated is exactly how it should be followed within compliance to the rules.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
To change this ridiculous topic, I've got a question...

What exactly does traction do in Brawl? Is there a traction list somewhere? Does it influence glide tossing as well?

:052:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
It's specific to Yoshi. I can mash as much as I want against ICs. I can mash as much as I want against D3. I can't mash as much as I want against Yoshi. Marth can mash as much as he wants against ICs. Marth can mash as much as he wants against D3. Marth can't mash as much as he wants against Yoshi. That goes for any character.

The common factor is Yoshi. It is the only common factor. Therefor, the fault is Yoshi's. It's Yoshi main's responsibility to know about his character, including any game freezing glitches associated with his or her characters.
actually, the other common factor is the other person mashing...

Yes it would be. It would suck, and drop Ike a lot, but it would be. It specific to my character in that event. The character it's specific to is as fault.

Its character specific, yes, but its also player specific, as the other player is the one that has to break the grab.

Ive told you about this a hundred times niddo...

chain jacket glitch requires you to hit an opponent, and than that attack is transfered to the chain, the freeze occurs when you try to do the glitch WITHOUT hitting anybody else first, thus there is no attack data to latch on to the chain.

please stop doing this to yourself.

also, traction does slightly affect glide tossing, as it determines how far you slide after you throw the item, tho it has nothing to do with the initial velocity that your character receives.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ive told you about this a hundred times niddo...
Seeing as I've never asked about chain jacket before: no you haven't. Please stop acting like I'm asking the same questions constantly when I've never asked them before.

Also according to this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178812 you're wrong. Unless there is a more recent update about the AT.

Its character specific, yes, but its also player specific, as the other player is the one that has to break the grab.
In the Ike example, the other person has to PS.

And the other person mashing isn't a common factor, to the same level at least. The "other person" can be anyone. The character must be Yoshi.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Seeing as I've never asked about chain jacket before: no you haven't. Please stop acting like I'm asking the same questions constantly when I've never asked them before.
I was refering to the 'You trying to talk about other characters thing' but if I was mistaken then my bad.

In the Ike example, the other person has to PS.

And the other person mashing isn't a common factor, to the same level at least. The "other person" can be anyone. The character must be Yoshi.

but the other person has to mash, breaking the grab really fast is a constant, and that factor has to be initiated by the opponent.

also, if anybody remembers or can link to the post, can somebody explain this button setup and input for this super grab break one more time pls.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, some of you guys are ********. If you consider this to be at anyone's fault then you might as well add back in Ganon's suicides and ****. The match should just be reset back to same percents because it's a COMPLETELY unlikely chance that this would EVER happen in ANY match because any smart Yoshi main would not even use standing grab (there's very rare occasions of it being used). Mix this in with the probability that you'll be within tip range of his tongue AND that you'll do enough inputs to "break out" before he swallows you is like next to impossible.

If Prime actually tested the tip range to see if it freezes then it would make slightly more sense at who's fault it would be (which is still impossibly rare). If he also tested his other grabs to see if they froze, then there can be better accusations; however, as it stands, because Prime made the game freeze due to HIS inputs, then it would be at fault of who made the glitch happen. Point blank.

@ Tesh: Care to find that specific rule? I have never saw a rule that states "You are responsible for knowing your character."
tl;dr you're all idiots because you hold an opinion. now i'm going to add in my opinion which will be the best thing ever and better than everyone elses because i'm me.
i'm a yoshi main, shut up.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Imagine there was a setup that let characters freeze the game while a ddd was chaingrabbing them. It would be the responsibility of the person getting chaingrabbed to not freeze the game. Saying ddd can't chaingrab because it gives the opponent the tools to freeze the game does not make sense.

This is the same situation with yoshi's grab. Saying yoshi cannot grab because it gives the opponent a tool they need to freeze the game does not make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom