• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Hey people guess what?

Falco gets ***** by Ice Climbers and Pikachu and *gasp* he also does terrible on Brinstar and RC.
Wait isn't he like 4th on the tierlist or something?

Wow thats odd....the way people think around here you would think Falco sucks.
Falco doesn't get ***** by IC's though

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Choice vs. Michael Hey.
That's was a friendly.

We also don't know how many matches Choice lost before he beat Michael once. It could've been the only match he won out of 5 or something. I'm pretty sure, Choice would always go Falco in tourney against Michael.
if characters could win their bad matchups consistently, they wouldnt be bad matchups.

niddo. ally uses more and more mk every tourney because everyone on the planet and their mothers know how to abuse the hell out of snakes recovery. ive seen ally say on multiple occasions that he plays mk because ~ 30 of the characters in this game, can throw him offstage at like 30 and have him not comeback until like 180, if at all. He plays mk to win, not for fun. so as ete said, apparently pit is second best in this game now.

also, I main sonic, and I pretty much go fox and falco SPECIFICALLY when people cp me to brinstar now.
foxs flaws really arent as bad as people are making them out to be. similarly to sonic, this is why his performance is pretty much blowing peoples prior preceptions of him out of the water...
Wolf vs D3 is a hard counter matchup. It's arguably his hardest matchup. Wolf's other matchups are not bad at all.

These days he is
45-55 with Mk.
45-55 with Sheik.
45-55 with Falco.
40-60 with Pikachu.
40-60 with Wario (If the Wario can Cg, which most can't. Without Cg Wario's it's pretty even)
40-60 with D3 (Ledge infinite legal is 35-65).

I myself go Mk most of the time vs D3's. Not because Wolf vs D3 isn't playable, but that I have a much easier time with Mk vs D3 rather then Wolf.

This weekend I played a D3 named Cory. who I beat with Wolf on Bf and then lost on Sv. I then went Mk because I don't take risks like a 40-60 matchup, compared to a 60-40 (I think D3 is 40-60 or 35-65 vs Mk, I don't know).

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Pit is garb, put him with Falcon in Fail Tier.

Pit is good. He has

- An awesome F-Smash
- Strong projectile
- Fast tilts
- Fantastic jab

Plus he can recover and camp like nobody's business. I don't understand why people think Pit is bad.

boring =/= bad.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pit is good. He has

- An awesome F-Smash
- Strong projectile
- Fast tilts
- Fantastic jab

Plus he can recover and camp like nobody's business. I don't understand why people think Pit is bad.

boring =/= bad.
You're right, he's not Falcon bad, he's more triforce material. Afterall, he's just like Link; he has a bow, swords, and even a shield. The only thing he's missing is bombs, but he has wings instead. Unfotunately, bombs explode and since explosions are +1 on the cool charts, bombs > wings.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Best Snake more or less rage quitting Snake =/= Best Fox relying on MK every tournament.
Sigh
He relies on MK in the vast majority of tournaments he goes to. Wanna make him switch off of Fox? CP a certain stage, or use a certain character. BAM: he's no longer using Fox.
So because he uses his secondary to back him up against a gay stage or even 3-4 characters he vastly relies on MK you are too good loving your arguments <3 keep entertaining me

@Chuee: Not my fault he has to switch to MK at some point in most of the tournaments he goes to. It doesn't matter if the number of tournaments is low: he still does. Apparently, Fox is one of the worse characters in the game when it comes to stages he can use against his opponent. *shrugs*
I'm sorry that you feel Fox should have to face a death mu. He definitely is not a bad character though lol who are you exactly?
Oh yea? Tell me a Fox that has beaten a hard counter in tourny. If your talking about Nakat, hasn't it been decided that MK is pretty even with Fox, therefore not a hard counter?
I've been taken to Brinstar and won there twice against Inui. In my eyes Fox definitely doesn't have a lot of stages that severely gay him. **** if given the chance I will play on RC.
I haven't seen a Falco really beat any IC's other then Larry. If you know anyone else please tell me though :)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I remember a set about a year ago when Fiction used to be a beast.

Against SK 92 he chaingrabbed the **** out of Falco with Wario and then when SK counterpicked FD Fiction went Icies and SK 92 went MK.

Which tells me Falco has several bad matchups yet he still manages to do well.

That's why this Fox MU stuff is dumb. Most characters out of A tier get dominated by some characters....at least with Fox it's not any common ones.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Choice beat Vex's IC's at MLG columbus

The Wario vs Falco MU isn't bad either. Like you said that was a year ago. SK92 has an aggresive playstyle which of course will get him grabbed, meaning he doesn't even play those MU's correctly

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@niddo: the reasoning behind it now really doesnt matter, you just covering up your lapse in logic. the fact is that ally doesnt go all snake in tourney anymore and according to your train of thought, that makes him a bad character.

you can say that hed just just as well going all snake, and then I can reply that tkd would do just as well going all fox, and then we have a conundrum. its better to not extrapolate peoples thought processes that way, and stick to the facts. and the facts point to you being wrong. so stand down soldier.

@steam
youre right, this thread could use a change of topic

This thread is now about who is the best lucario and why.
My vote goes to Zucco, because hes the only one of the 4 ive played. lol

_Kain_

Smash Champion
How is Ally going all snake and being able to do well anywhere an assumption? It's not he's proven it time and time again. TKD hasn't with Fox, just WC.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dang, im upset you 1-up'd me in shallowness right there...

@ kain, out of curiosity, do you (or anybody reading this) know the last tourney ally went to where he went 100% snake? I have to think its been a while.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Choice beat Vex's IC's at MLG columbus

The Wario vs Falco MU isn't bad either. Like you said that was a year ago. SK92 has an aggresive playstyle which of course will get him grabbed, meaning he doesn't even play those MU's correctly
More examples you say?

Chudat beating Larry at Pound.

Or Larry barely beating K Prime at Dallas.

Falco has some bad matchups and you can CP him.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Falco has a bad MU with Kirby even though Chu only won cause Larry ADed offstage by accident making him get gimped? And the last time they played he won?

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
I don't see why nakat would go fox over mk, when fox is his best char, I've seen nakat go fox 90% of the times against tough match ups not death matchups in trney, ok so he seconds mk, what's the point? the sole purpose of his mk is to cover bad matchups or stages. Idk why all mad lol.

I'm a kewl kid cause i face dead mus, let me go fox against ics real quick, course not >.>

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I don't see why nakat would go fox over mk, when fox is his best char, I've seen nakat go fox 90% of the times against tough match ups not death matchups in trney, ok so he seconds mk, what's the point? the sole purpose of his mk is to cover bad matchups or stages. Idk why all mad lol.

I'm a kewl kid cause i face dead mus, let me go fox against ics real quick, course not >.>
Nintendoguy w/e is upset because in his mind he has seen all of TKD's matches and is convinced somehow he uses MK>Fox.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
falco has a bad matchup with pikachu because dehf beat a pikachu?
Uh last I checked L Prime is nowhere near DEHFs level? If you actually watched that set it's easy to tell how bad that MU is for Falco.

Falco has a bad MU with Kirby even though Chu only won cause Larry ADed offstage by accident making him get gimped? And the last time they played he won?
Chu isn't on DEHFs level either and last time I checked you need to win 2 games in order to win a set? Correct me if im wrong here.

_Kain_

Smash Champion

No one is saying its for cool kids, him going MK is showing fox is limited. Nobody's mad were just stating facts.

Your not a cool kid cause your getting salty over a tier list discussion where no one is really calling neone out

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Uh last I checked L Prime is nowhere near DEHFs level? If you actually watched that set it's easy to tell how bad that MU is for Falco.

Chu isn't on DEHFs level either and last time I checked you need to win 2 games in order to win a set? Correct me if im wrong here.
Uhhhh...why don't you tell me why Kirby CP's Falco then? And I mean the last time they played at 2GG or something DEHF won. N I'm gonna say Chu is on Larry's level cause well...Chu is ****ing good idk what your talking about lol

Savon

Smash Ace
Why do people think that winning a national is all that matters when judging players? People aren't calling Lebron James bad just because he does not have a ring.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Fox does better vs pika than wolf imo. Im going to try to play TKD in two weeks so Ill know for sure then.

Also Pikachu vs Falco is pretty bad, Larry is just amazing.

Chuee

Smash Hero
No one is saying its for cool kids, him going MK is showing fox is limited. Nobody's mad were just stating facts.

Your not a cool kid cause your getting salty over a tier list discussion where no one is really calling neone out
So if Larry started using MK against Pika that would mean Falco is limited?
Ok

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@niddo: the reasoning behind it now really doesnt matter, you just covering up your lapse in logic. the fact is that ally doesnt go all snake in tourney anymore and according to your train of thought, that makes him a bad character.

you can say that hed just just as well going all snake, and then I can reply that tkd would do just as well going all fox, and then we have a conundrum. its better to not extrapolate peoples thought processes that way, and stick to the facts. and the facts point to you being wrong. so stand down soldier.
/COLOR]

There is no lapse in logic, it's people jumping to random conclusions. TKD uses MK because he must use MK. Ally uses MK because he wants to use MK. Different situations, one means the character is lack luster. The other means the player is tired of his character/is rage quitting/is sandbagging, depending on the situation, player, ect. Very different conclusions when it comes to the character normally/most often used.

@Chuee: Falco is limited...against planking at least. :troll:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So if Larry started using MK against Pika that would mean Falco is limited?
Ok
If Larry's MK is still the same as I saw at Apex crews, he's shooting himself in the foot doing that.

MK isn't the go to character to CP Pikachu either ... ._.;;

and..

:troll:

@Niddo, who cares the reasoning of why a 2ndary is used, its still being god damn used. Logic is not selective

Chuee

Smash Hero
There is no lapse in logic, it's people jumping to random conclusions. TKD uses MK because he must use MK. Ally uses MK because he wants to use MK.
TKD doesn't have to use MK.
Ally uses MK because he wants to win.
TKD uses MK because he wants to win.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Niddo, you've been stuck on repeat for the past four months. fox is bad and reason #1 is why. Reason #1 gets disproved. Fox is bad and reason #2 is why. Reason #2 is disproved. Fox is bad and Reason #1 is why, Etc.

Honestly i'm not even sure why anybody bothers replying to you anymore. You have a severe hard-on for Fox's potential misplacement yet you put next to no effort into any of the other, more easily provable, misplaced characters getting set straight. Fox has won large tournaments, when's the last time peach has done that? Fox has beaten notable MKs in tournament sets IN nationals. When's the last time peach has done that? Or Rob? Or Kirby? Or Toon Link?

Oh, but Fox mains counterpick in a fighting game. When does anybody ever counterpick in fighting games?!?!?!!?!?!? Just plain ridiculous.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Niddo, with all things considered, where do you feel Fox belongs in the next tier list?

@ Kain, double-posting ain't cool, bro.

:green:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom