• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Actually having some good high tier matchups puts them above current low tier standards imo. Which is why I feel PT is alot worse than mid tier. He doesn't do well against anyone above mid tier really.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think he meant Ike's fTilt vs Snake's uTilt
Yeah, I heard from an Ike main somewhere that they are pretty comparable (when fresh anyways, which for snake isn't often lol). and same w/ utilt. Iirc jab stuff -> utilt is legit for Ike too on some characters which is nice.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'll reword it:

CF doesn't have Adv MUs (besides like who he's above if it isn't even) so it doesn't matter who he loses too in low tier.

Starwave

Smash Cadet
Luigi feels so out of place in mid tier that I can't see why he shouldn't be low tier on the next list. I agree with what Ussi said except for Sheik going low tier. She's obviously WAY too low on the tier list [worse than LUIGI?!?!? One tier below Sonic and DK?]. She's evenish with Wario and Olimar and close to it against Diddy and Falco.

She should switch places with Peach :troll:

Edit: But Ike, Luigi, Ness, Yoshi and PT in Low Tier probably adds more to low tier events than leaving them out does.

:059:
That would be very cool. Those characters I find are stuck in "limbo"
they're in mid tier, so they can't participate in low tier tournaments, but likewise they can't compete in the standard metagame either. Dropping them into Low tier would be a great compromise. I doubt that would fly though, too many fiercely loyal mains...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That would be very cool. Those characters I find are stuck in "limbo"
they're in mid tier, so they can't participate in low tier tournaments, but likewise they can't compete in the standard metagame either. Dropping them into Low tier would be a great compromise. I doubt that would fly though, too many fiercely loyal mains...

Those mains are dumb, we're giving their characters a chance to shine and it will help their growth from more people using them.

Also, imagine hype matches that wouldn't normally happen as there are people who main Ike, Sheik, Luigi and Yoshi

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Sheik mains already play these ****ing matchups. Just let low tier be low tier and allow them to play with the mid tiers whenever the **** there is a mid tier tournament.

Can we move to something that actually matters now?

:phone:

Starwave

Smash Cadet
Its not like the addition of several those mid tiers would break Low tier either, like Ussi said it would make the tier much more interesting and it could possibly lead to an entirely new metagame with 15~ characters to choose from.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Who cares? Mid-tier tournaments are a great deal more interesting, anyway, and we don't decide who goes to low tier based on the low tier metagame.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why is Europe taken into account for Marth's results but not Japan? He seems pretty bad in Japan.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
like how the URC thread was locked because of trolling from EU.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Banned tier: MK

trolololl

Will Mars move up?

Wario move down?

Where will G&W go?

THE QUESTIONS.

THE EXCITEMENT.

It will be very exciting to see the metagame change after MK is gone.

Browny

Smash Hater
Oh I've been away from here for a while.

Why is Europe taken into account for Marth's results but not Japan? He seems pretty bad in Japan.
Surely I dont need to explain why this is the case.

Hint: its the same reason why marths tier position has been significantly higher than his tournament dominance since Day 1.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hint: its the same reason why marths tier position has been significantly higher than his tournament dominance since Day 1.
You're pretty dumb for saying this.
Considering Marth had the 2nd best tournament results at one point and was also 3rd in tournament results up until diddy kong took over. Over a year and a half Marth was like top 5 in tournament results >.>

But whatever, he's had terrible tournament results since day 1, especially as he started out in the game as like 8th.

Browny

Smash Hater
I measure success by placing/entry

Marths placings were always MASSIVELY skewed by how many people used him in the early days. He would be above Diddy in ankokus weighted rankings list, while having up to twice as many people using him. He was popular, but he never dominated in terms of actually winning.

ie; marth had dozens of 5-8th placings in locals, but diddy had few top 4's and high placings in nationals.

I remember drawing up graphs of this when that rankings list existed and marth far and away was the lowest average point per placing for high tier characters. The only other high tier character anywhere near him (like, twice as many points per placing) was MK, likely due to how many bad players used him hoping to place better.

Just saying I very distinctly remember seeing things like this

Diddy 3 wins, 8 top2, 12 top4, 20 top8. 1000 points | 43 placings
Marth 0 wins, 5 top2, 20 top4, 45 top8. 999 points | 70 placings

Im not asking you to believe me, but thats my reasoning and thats the best I remember it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Eh, why not

Banned tier: :metaknight:

High

S tier: :diddy: :snake: :marth: :falco: :wario:

A tier: :olimar: :popo: :dedede: :toonlink: :pikachu:

Borderline

B tier: :zerosuitsamus: :lucario:

Middle

C tier: :gw: :peach: :wolf: :fox: :rob:

D tier: :sonic: :pit: :dk2: :kirby2: :ike: :sheilda: :sheik: (completely undecided on an order in this tier, lol)

Borderline

E tier: :yoshi2: :luigi2: :ness2: :lucas:

Low

F tier: :pt: :bowser2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:

H tier: :link2: :zelda: :ganondorf:

w/e, I'm dead tired so I may not have thought this clearly lol. Turns out the way I see the tier list is pretty unchanged from before, aside from Toon Link's, Marth's, and Peach's placings.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Uhh.. no.

1. BBR tier list is not the URC tier list* (MK is banned in the Unity ruleset... the BBR is not the URC)
2. The change just happened and he is already separated from the rest.

How this MK banned thing affects the tier list will be interesting to say the least... BUT it isn't going to be instantly recognisable... Also Apex isn't for another 3 months and we have no idea how quickly regions will segue into having MK banned.
Future tier list iterations will likely assume MK is banned if it becomes the majority standard. Hell we may even release two tier lists if we feel its necessary.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Super hyped!

Breath of fresh air to Brawl all of a sudden.

This is going to be insane :D
Tier list leggo!

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
Eh, why not

Banned tier: :metaknight:

High

S tier: :diddy: :snake: :marth: :falco: :wario:

A tier: :olimar: :popo: :dedede: :toonlink: :pikachu:

Borderline

B tier: :zerosuitsamus: :lucario:

Middle

C tier: :gw: :peach: :wolf: :fox: :rob:

D tier: :sonic: :pit: :dk2: :kirby2: :ike: :sheilda: :sheik: (completely undecided on an order in this tier, lol)

Borderline

E tier: :yoshi2: :luigi2: :ness2: :lucas:

Low

F tier: :pt: :bowser2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:

w/e, I'm dead tired so I may not have thought this clearly lol. Turns out the way I see the tier list is pretty unchanged from before, aside from Toon Link's, Marth's, and Peach's placings.
hmmm interesting grouping of tiers in this one, ima be a bit more creative :p It also seems like you only wanted to move puff up a tier so you can have the triforce tier-- I approve

S tier: :diddy: :snake: :marth:

A tier: :falco: :wario: :popo:

High

B tier: :olimar: :toonlink: :pikachu: :dedede:

C tier: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :peach:

Mid

D tier: :gw: :pit: :ike: :rob: :fox: :wolf: :dk2: :kirby2: :sonic:

E tier: :sheilda: :yoshi2: :luigi2: :sheik: :ness2: :pt:

Low

F tier: :lucas: :mario2: :bowser2:

G tier: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:

Bottom

D tier is really tricky (and large) and i realized that there's gonna be a lot more D3 mains or secondaries (wolf/luigi/DK/ROB/Ike/lucario/marth/snake/wario).
Thoughts?

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I actually hope Peach doesn't move up to high tier because of this ban. I won't be able to use her for mid tier tournaments. She will, inevitably, surpass Fox and Wolf with the MK matchup gone.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
With MK removed, Wolf's and Fox's notoriety as "top 10 characters to fight MK" will hold no weight, so Peach could ascend above them. Add in a possible surge of DDD, and Wolf is in trouble, and more DDD means more Pikachu and ICs, which means Fox is in trouble.

But, with Wolf having one of the better Marth matchups, and Fox having one of the better Snake matchups, it's hard to say how far Wolf and Fox go down, if they do at all, or if Peach would rise above them in the first place.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
peach, pit, ddd, sonic, rob, and dk will see drastic placement changes. hell luigi will also do way better since a lot of his MUs are under rated imo and MK was by far the worst of his MUs (infinite's allowed D3 aside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom