• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yes, those results give us clear answers that are totally not circumstantial.
Calling the plethora of results against your cause 'circumstantial' is exactly the johnning I'm talking about.

I'm sure if Japan can destroy NA majors every time they travel, you guys could have some decent wins over NA players. Some kind of a leg to stand on.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's not johning. Your "evidence" is not valid until you prove it to be and proves that it applies to this case in the current time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Xonar, when has anyone from Europe actually won something that Japan or US attended?

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
why is it even a debate between na and eu I'm sure even ramin himself will tell u na is better

@xonar I remember watching I back in the day and I was just wondering if you were still around

:phone:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Agree with Z'z and nova 9.

It isn't a strawman, I was pointing out a double standard you hold that EU results only count when you want them too, but everyone else has to obey logical criteria to determine whether they are good or not.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Mikeneko getting 2nd and 3rd multiple times in japan , yeah defintely no national threat there. it's unfair for us cause we get a limited amount of chances to do well in the states, If I lived in the states for over a year, I would win at least one tourney.

quik got no seedding points at SRT, proceeds to get first seed and get 9th, then places 5th in a 20-25 man regional in germany

How about you guys send 2/3 player to europe for a change and see how that goes.
Also, Yes I did lose to sonic at apex, but I went snake which I shouldn't have done since my snake was booty at the time. turned out we had to play again since some people tied in our pool and I 2-0d him with marth after that.
Well, I suppose you guys are technically international threats because of all those little places in Europe you could go to, but its been proven multiple times that when Europe comes to North America, they have a mediocre performance at our nationals. As I said, your best players come over and are threatened by a great deal of our players. Meanwhile just ONE notable North American player went to Europe and lost to like...one of you? NA won't send players to EU for the same reason New Jersey doesn't fly out to Idaho for smash tournaments. :smirk:

When I said international threat, I was referring to the quality of players that can go anywhere and beat anyone or come pretty damn close.

All terminology aside, M2K, Otori, Ally, Nairo definitely fit into a category that you, Leon, Mikehaze and Mikeneko have never reached. You and Leon travelled, proving my point that you aren't top level threats and Mikeneko and Mikehaze haven't even shown a strong dominance over their own regions.

Lets just call them world class threats or something, since Europe fanboys consider dominance of France and some random country like Luxemburg would be comparable to dominance over USA/Japan.

M2K and Ally never needed a rematch to beat Sonic btw. If you lived in NA you might eventually get something done, but it wouldn't compare to the players who get it done on the first try. I'm not denying the you, Leon, gluttony and quik are great, but you aren't threats to the best players in the world.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Agree with Z'z and nova 9.

It isn't a strawman, I was pointing out a double standard you hold that EU results only count when you want them too, but everyone else has to obey logical criteria to determine whether they are good or not.
To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

How are you guys NOT doing this?

No, I dont really want to hear you *****ing and moaning again honestly
Whatever you call it. Because hey, belittling me helps contribute to your point, right?!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I have proof based in videos that I am the best player in the world. Your move.

And again, Japan has overcome the exact same 'circumstances' that EU has been faced with countless times; no johns.

Also this is beyond cute:
Can we ship you back to elementary school now?
Because hey, belittling me helps contribute to your point, right?!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Sorry, are you from the past? There must be some alternative time or place where your logic was actually logical.
...And that wasn't a strawman? Please, you're a walking rhetoric who shies away from the evidence he can't handle because of his massive bias towards Europe, rather than the truth.

You're done. People have brought up countless times that Europe's results (results are universally agreed to be the best indication of skill, by the way) are not even comparable to NA's.

All you can respond with time and time again are johns (that somehow Japan managed to overcome with ease), your mythical, tell-tale 'videos', and a few outlier performances by EU players (like quiK) that still aren't that impressive.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wasnt belittling, I was telling you what I saw and how I say it, then saying I didnt really want to see it again. I never once insulted you or put you down in any way, I just said I didnt want you to repeat yourself lol.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The last few pages are dangerous as I feel like my IQ has already dropped from reading them.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You guys disregarding my posts as trolling proves my point lol. Get arguments or get out.

also LOL@Seagull trying to outcredit me. I live in Europe. How often have you played Ramin and Leon?.. Oh. Right. Back to practice mode bro :)
I may not live in Europe, but I versed both of them A LOT at Apex. I went back and forth with Leon and I couldn't even take a game from Ramin ._.

Leon does use the superior color :marth: though. Black :marth: is overrated @Kadaj/MikeHaze/Mr.R/Ramin/Raymond/Mikeneko. Red the best.

:018:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And the best part is, those are only #2 and #3 in Texas, not even #1.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Europe isn't only Mr.R/Gluto/Leon btw...

It's difficult to judge when only a few EU players came to America, and - almost - no american player came to EU.

But imo it's pretty clear that Japan>America>EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom