• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Yes, I do. If Tin Man is willing to take a loss again after his experience with Impulse 2012, then I respect him more as a TO for him trying to help the community with no return. I know there's not any real money to be made in Smash, but TOs at least need to break even or make most of their money back to see it as a good financial decision. It really shouldn't be a surprise that TOs don't go into hosting tourneys planning to lose money.
This really makes me realize how fortunate we are in Toronto to have our monthly venue only charge us if we run too far overtime

I like how even when I don't post here, Puff is still mentioned semi-regularly.
i blame my name

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
We run Smash at LAN parties in my state, it's entirely run by volunteers and the financial **** is handled by a higher power than us; we just rock up, pay our venue free, and the TO runs the tourney off of his laptop w/ the set-ups we bring + the set-ups the LAN provides.

B0NK

Smash Lord
We run Smash at LAN parties in my state, it's entirely run by volunteers and the financial **** is handled by a higher power than us; we just rock up, pay our venue free, and the TO runs the tourney off of his laptop w/ the set-ups we bring + the set-ups the LAN provides.
Lan centers, arcades, and mom and pop game stores are great venues, but unfortunately those venues are a dying breed. I can easily think of over 10 lan centers that I used to attend Smash tourneys at that went out of business from 2008 to the present day.

The other downside of lan centers is that you have little control over the venue fee they charge. That usually means no $5 venue tourneys, but the owners are usually willing to charge $8-$10, at most, if you politely explain why the price being higher would receive less attendance.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sonic also needs to be on a slope without a platform overhead or on the edge of a stage with wario not having a jump, bike or fart in order to get the infinite. that goes more into ease of set up that ease of performance. But I think you might have been inplying the former when stating the latter.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Marth doesn't have an infinite on Ness unless he has a wall nearby.
Last I recalled, Marth could grab infinite the Earthbound boys because when released, they suffer 40 frames before the next action can be taken compared to every other character's 30.
DK's is 20 (when he is released I think) and Bowser is all around 20.

da Kid said:
Why did you simply repeat what I said in a more convoluted manner?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
because what you said wasnt technically accurate. you said doing the sonic infinite on wario is difficult. Its not. Its hard to get in the position to do it, but actually hitting the buttons to perform it is balls easy.

also, bowser only has 20 lag frames when hes the one grabbing. when hes being grabbed he gets the same 30 frames as anybody else.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
because what you said wasnt technically accurate. you said doing the sonic infinite on wario is difficult. Its not. Its hard to get in the position to do it, but actually hitting the buttons to perform it is balls easy.
It was implied since both the Sonic and Marth infinite require you to grab the opposing character as soon as possible, but the setup to perform it is entirely different.
Fair enough though.

also, bowser only has 20 lag frames when hes the one grabbing. when hes being grabbed he gets the same 30 frames as anybody else.
Right and DK is opposite where its 20 frames when released and 30 frames when releasing.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Why is PS1 still legal when Kirby clearly is better-than-metaknight tier on it

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Last I recalled, Marth could grab infinite the Earthbound boys because when released, they suffer 40 frames before the next action can be taken compared to every other character's 30.
Marth can regrab Ness/Lucas out of a grab-release, but he moves forward slightly during it.
Get good at mashing, and you get out with about 20-30% across FD. It's actually not THAT good, but it's still pretty good.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Red is amazing, Green hair is godlike and Higurashi is good. Your turn now.
Sonic is awesome, wearing a hat like a sir is also god like.

Jigglypuff>MK
Only if she goes huhuewhfoqhfoqehfaefAH! during her jabs.

Marth can regrab Ness/Lucas out of a grab-release, but he moves forward slightly during it.
Get good at mashing, and you get out with about 20-30% across FD. It's actually not THAT good, but it's still pretty good.
Considering you can promptly Dsmash them afterwards I'd say its pretty nice in a game that generally lacks punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom