• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
The more numbers, the more accurate it becomes.

I think more accurate is better, but I can understand people liking a simplified version the most.
I think you are confusing accuracy with precision. Having a very exact ratio with as many numbers as possible is precision. Accuracy is how consistent that value is with multiple data points.

This is what I think the problem is with the xx/xx ratio system. You can't get consensus within the 5 points of precision that this system uses. Using a system that measures ratios with a margin of error significantly larger than the precision of the measuring system is not useful. When we say the matchup is 55/45, that is very nice but when people argue anywhere from 50/50 to 65/35 is it really a useful measure?

I think that the +/- system does a better job of mating the accuracy with the precision to give an actually useful system that can get some consensus if people can really decide to use it.

For a more detailed explanation of the difference between precision and accuracy, search precision on Wikipedia.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Inb4 zigsta plays me and learns how to break the game with full screen crossup usmash dacus's
Having a core understanding of Brawl definitely helps against Bowser--he's not a good character, after all--but he does have some nifty tricks up his sleeves that make fighting him harder than most give him credit.

We gotta play at Apex. :)

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Tink singlehandedly took down the entire Top 5 thread in just a matter of minutes.

Top Tier for sure.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
All characters suck for one reason or another. Deal with it. <3

But seriously, we've discussed this stuff for a while. As part of the general community, is there anything we agree on in terms of who should go down or up?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
What's up is sky and space. I'd rather know what's under me.

That witty comment was reserved for this very use but it doesn't really have any meaning. Truth be told, knowing what's 'up' is something i'm craving now, both metaphorically and physically. Not too much, though, I like that there's mystery in the universe.

Even with that serious paragraph above, i've played way too much with a certain pun. Probably no-one realises what i meant at all by that. >.>

And i'm going seriously off topic. :/

my earlier question still stands.

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet
Instead of using members of the Backroom, I would suggest putting in votes from everyone in Smash World Forums. I am not saying voting would be bad, but with a limited amount of people, yes it would be bad.

See, Meta Knight should be below Snake, Ice Climbers below Sheik, Link well above half of the characters, Toon Link well below where he is, Bowser below Ganondorf, Yoshi below Zelda, and Sonic on bottom. That is the perception of tiers.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Instead of using members of the Backroom, I would suggest putting in votes from everyone in Smash World Forums. I am not saying voting would be bad, but with a limited amount of people, yes it would be bad.

See, Meta Knight should be below Snake, Ice Climbers below Sheik, Link well above half of the characters, Toon Link well below where he is, Bowser below Ganondorf, Yoshi below Zelda, and Sonic on bottom. That is the perception of tiers.
People like you are the reason the BBR handles the list.

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet
I believe some characters are positioned incorrectly.

Besides, the SWF tier lists have lost their "Officiality" on Smash Wiki and to other people. I mean, if Nintendo came out with a tier list, THAT would be the official list.

BSP

Smash Legend
The BBR + opinions from the mains of characters that are under represented is probably the best thing we can get.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

Besides, the SWF tier lists have lost their "Officiality" on Smash Wiki and to other people. I mean, if Nintendo came out with a tier list, THAT would be the official list.
Bad players have a bad perception of the game.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Why do you say that, Jeff? With the exception of a few, I find many SWf-ers go to painstaking efforts to look at characters and the tier list and make it accurate. Obviously it will keep changing but at the present time it seems to me to be decent-ish.

| Big D |

Smash Master

So basically we are wasting our time discussing things here because Brawl does have an official strategy guide which rates the characters in the game. We should all just use the following list because it's official.

Top Tier ( Score of 9 ):
Marth

High Tier ( Score of 8 ):
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Peach
Snake
Toon Link
Wolf

Middle Tier ( Score of 7 ):
Bowser
Falco
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Link
Lucario
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Pit
Pokémon Trainer
Sheik
Sonic
Zero Suit Samus

Low Tier ( Score of 6 ):
Donkey Kong
Fox
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Ike
Luigi
Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Samus
Zelda

Bottom Tier ( Score of 5 ):
Kirby
Olimar
Pikachu
Wario
Yoshi
Seems good to me.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero

This tier list isn't official. Who cares?
Nintendo is never gonna make a tier list for this game because they specifically wanted this game to be played casually and not competitively, which is why they don't support the competitive community.

If they made a tier list, they'd either be (in a sense) encouraging competitive play (which would be pretty ****ing dumb to do after 4 years of doing nothing and only 1 or 2 years away from smash 4 being released) or they'd have some stupid tier list like Mario being 1st because he's been in all 3 games and is the main face of Nintendo.

TLDR We're either never going to have an official tier list, or we're going to have an official list that is absolutely terrible. We're better off having the BBR make the tier list.

Also, start going to tournaments and being good and stuff. Your opinions will change.
Trust me, I joined in late 2010 and started talking about my opinions in the tier list thread then too, and NickRiddle was yelling at me then too XD

Now that I'm somewhat decent and my opinions have changed, we're best buds and he asks me for advice in the ditto cause he wants to beat Salem and stuff :happysheep:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

The Official Nintendo Smash Bros Prima Guide said that Metaknight was a bad character. Take from that what you will.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The Official Nintendo Smash Bros Prima Guide said that Metaknight was a bad character. Take from that what you will.
To be fair, it's not like they could have foreseen planking, IDC, sharking scrooging taking money Uair to Nado etc

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It should actually be fairly obvious to anyone that Meta Knight is a good character. You don't need to be very good at this game to see how many options he has.
Anyways I hate it when someone who has no idea what he is doing makes an official guide and like makes money off of it. As if I made a Street Fighter guide, having only played it for an hour.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Vanilla Sagat? Idk using Knee is hard, 3 stars!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Rufus is a big character which means hes obviously more susceptible to pokes and combos. Bottom 5.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
A majority of what goes into those guides is about 100%-ing a game as far as content is concerned. Optimal metagame tips are negligible--The average player doesn't really care about that.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why not hire a pro who enjoys beating the in-game as well? I mean, not only would it be more accurate and still get the same sales, but people who play competitively would be more obliged to get it, as well as the person writing it would probably be willing to do it for less than the average prima employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom