• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You can always go for Fsmash. It kills Snake earlier than usmash unless you are like at the very center of the stage.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I don't think there's ever going to be a case where 200% isn't enough to kill someone after an infinite.

There are also very few true infinites in this game. I think the only "true" infinites are banana infinites, ZSS dsmash infinites with bananas and on ROB, a few standing grab releases, and this thing. There are probably a few more but they're probably rare enough that they don't show up much.

The stuff we usually see, like for example: ICs CGs, Dedede's buffered CG on DK etc., Sheik's ftilt locks, and so on, all end at very (very) high percents and the guy can eventually just jump out.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If you can P Bthrow regrab and Fthrow regrab with ICs, it's implicit that you can infinitely CG

You can't fthrow regrab on six characters at percents starting at ranges from 500 to 900 depending on launch resistance.

DeLux

I actually never bothered testing for Lucas, but I assume his is non infinite as well lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ its true, and it totally doesnt need a very situational setup that is non existent on most stages.

Bowser for top tier

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No, we can infinite anyone so long as they dont mash out in between pummels, just our bad pummel makes it not guaranteed, thats what he means.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Bowser's pummel doesn't allow him to infinite anybody, even with perfect execution
No, we can infinite anyone so long as they dont mash out in between pummels, just our bad pummel makes it not guaranteed, thats what he means.
doesnt bowser's infinite involve buffered pivot grabbing which would eventually result in tripping?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I remember Hylian saying something like ICs infinites stop working on every character after like 700-800 because the distance travelled per frame (due to the knockback of the throws) means that the distance travelled after even 1 frame of hitstun is too far away for the other climber to grab them.

DDD's dthrow has set knockback so anyone he can infinite, he can infinite at any percent.

ZSS' true infinites include
-Banana infinites
-Infinite on ROB
-The MK infinite that SFP posted
-Tire infinite on Wario (dunno if it works on anyone else) as I'm fairly certain tires deal no knockback and/or deal set knockback...if their knockback increases then it isn't a true infinite
-Standing regrab infinites on Wario & Squirtle (impractically hard)

...I think that's it

Other infinites should include
-Banana infinites
-Tire infinites
-DDD's standing regrab dthrow infinites
-DDD's buffered reverse pivot grab dthrow infinites (impractically hard)
-DK's cargo infinites on Ness/Lucas (these are infinites right?)
-Yoshi's & Ganondorf's standing air release regrab infinites on Wario (I believe these are infinites)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
doesnt bowser's infinite involve buffered pivot grabbing which would eventually result in tripping?
Bowser's frame advantage means you have time to small step forward enough that you get more range out of that than a pivot in the end, although if youre running out of space or dont want to go forward I guess you could pivot on some.

That and most of the infinites I was talking about either need a specific incline on the ground or a wall, bowser cant gr infinite more than like, 5 characters (prob a bit more but def not more than 10). That and like mentioned before, Bowser's bad pummel means its hard to force a ground release on a knowledgeable opponent.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, when I first saw the title i though it was talking about Popo's *****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
A few characters can standing infinite Wario actually. Ike iirc can release and pivot grab infinite. Wario's real saving grace is that people have to pummel to deal damage, otherwise the repetitive releasing would be stalling. So when they pummel, you mash and get the ground release and that tends to stop shenanigans.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
o.o
Judging on the last clip of that video (yes I've seen it before but I've never noticed what I'm about to mention) it seems that tires don't stale...

The % kept increasing by 6, with the occasional 5 followed by multiple 6s again. Which would be attributed to tires dealing like 5.9% or something along those lines.

DeLux

I remember Hylian saying something like ICs infinites stop working on every character after like 700-800 because the distance travelled per frame (due to the knockback of the throws) means that the distance travelled after even 1 frame of hitstun is too far away for the other climber to grab them.
You are probably thinking of me and it's six characters (maybe seven with lucas)

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
it's okay...I still don't unerstand the exact reasons,but eh...it's a list.oh well...

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
This has probably been said, but I feel like the tiers should have been labelled Top, High, Mid, Low, Bottom. It bothers me that the tier below the middle is called Mid. Perhaps this was done so that low tier tournaments wouldn't have to have the subtext "bottom tier only."

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
We dont determine the tiers and then fit the characters into the tiers we decided on. We determine how good the characters are first, and then put them into the tiers that they dictate

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
He is talking completely about the unimportant names of the tiers. Remove BL, move the names up one, lowest tier is now named "bottom tier."

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ Borderline is the worst name choice ever. All those characters are still Mid tier, they arent High Tier.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
The highest tier contains 9 characters and is named Top. The lowest tier also contains 9 characters, and should logically be named Bottom since Top and Bottom are antonyms. Instead, the lowest tier is named Low, the antonym of high, and the tier named High is the second highest.

The second lowest tier is named Mid, and contains more characters than both the second highest and the middle tier combined. I think the second lowest should be called Low. It's kind of weird to call the middle tier Mid since the middle characters, R.O.B. and Kirby, are in the second lowest tier, but it's better than Borderline. Borderline is just a bad name for a tier. Top, High, Middle, Low, and Bottom all tell you exactly where the tier is without having to relate them to the rest of the tiers. The word borderline by itself doesn't tell you where the tier is. Borderline what? Borderline Top/High? Borderline Low/Bottom? All you get from the word borderline is that it's in-between two of the others, so it can't be the top or bottom, but it can be any of the middle three.

Since the middle and second highest are actually on the top half of the list, it would be okay to name them Upper and High, or High and Higher. Upper I don't like because it's hard to tell which of high and upper refers to the higher position. Higher is better than upper, but not great because it's a comparative word.

Overall I think Top, High, Mid, Low, Bottom would be best. It's not perfect since the Mid tier is actually on the top half of the list, but it's best for telling exactly where on the list each tier is. Second place goes to Top, Higher, High, Low, Bottom. This is assuming the tiers stay divided the way they are currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom