• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Assuming Falco is CG-->spiking Wolf off the right side of the stage, and that Wolf has to QCDI it, logically the only 2 possible combinations of QCDI that would put him back on the stage would be (looking at the number pad on my keyboard to simulate the 8 directions)

-874 (totals to 2 inputs up and 2 inputs left)
or
-741 (totals to 3 inputs left, 0 inputs up/down)

Seagull, since you claim that the reason you don't do it is that you're not proficient with QSDI, I think it's fair to assume that you haven't seen this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKVWkbSMTvI

Or you did, but you didn't understand it/forgot about it or something

Because if QSDI is too hard for you, you could just...use this.

Hold up+left on analog, flick left on C-stick once during hitlag, inputs = (up+left)-->(left)-->(up+left) = 2 up + 3 left, easier than QSDI and better too. Got the best of both worlds lol

And if even that isn't enough, just stop being a ***** and learn to QSDI, cause it isn't hard. -.-
Cause when you do, then you can use both.
QSDI inputs 741, then while analog is at 1 (down+left) flick C-stick up+left, which adds another 7 and 1.
5 units left, 0 units up/down.
There. Now nobody ever has an excuse for not SDIing the spike back onstage. Everybody shut the **** up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The only people offstage CG spikes should be working on is metaknight.

Metaknight should actually be DIing offstage since if falco spikes people offstage he cant follow up especially on MK. But if he has to end the CG early to make sure they stage on stage after the dair, do that, because its easy to read peoples wake ups and thats how falco gets his real damage off the cg.

to be honest Falcos really shouldnt be spiking ANYBODY offstage unless they can get the kill with it, otherwise youre trading free oki for them getting to the stage without falco being able to even pressure them.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
...Are you actually telling me you think it's hard to DSSDI? Hold up+left while Falco CGs you, and then hit left on C-stick when the dair connects...you think that's hard?

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't use the dual stick SDI method vs Falco's Chain grab. I remember one time I tried to do that, but after the last down throw, the Falco didn't spike (he just waited). That resulted me in doing a falling fair to my death...

But that was on wifi though. Idk if you can react to that stuff offline.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Reacting to the dair isn't hard. At least, not for me. Just hit the C-stick when you hear the sound of the dair. If you see Falco run after the last dthrow he's probably gonna dair you anyway.
And yes I'm talking about offline. I never play online lol.

And I mean, if you're worried about the possibility of him running and airdodging to trick you into SDIing when he doesn't hit you so that you do an aerial and then you get gimped, then hold A/Z during the CG. That way, when you hit the C-stick, since the attack input is already being held down, the C-stick only inputs a direction and doesn't cause you to do an aerial.

I mean seriously guys. It's almost 2013.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Agreed that it is her best OoS. Bair is still sometimes better depending on how fast you need to be, and rolling is sometimes your only "safe" option - but, anyway...

What does best mix-up option even mean? She spaces with bair, not nair, and then mixes nair, dair and sometimes fair/uair in when necessary. Does that not make bair her best "mix-up option", or...?
Should have phrased it differently, nair is her best cross-up move because it comes out faster than fair or bair. The fact that it has a lasting hitbox and that it's hitbox is pretty much jiggs entire body also makes it more versatile since you can land with it on either side of the opponents shield easily instead of committing to bair or fair beforehand.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Reacting to the dair isn't hard. At least, not for me. Just hit the C-stick when you hear the sound of the dair. If you see Falco run after the last dthrow he's probably gonna dair you anyway.

And I mean, if you're worried about the possibility of him running and airdodging to trick you into SDIing when he doesn't hit you so that you do an aerial and then you get gimped, then hold A/Z during the CG. That way, when you hit the C-stick, since the attack input is already being held down, the C-stick only inputs a direction and doesn't cause you to do an aerial.

this guy knows whats up.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
This right here.
Dthrow ~~>Dair= best option

It just guarantees damage that his other option's don't guarantee, and as you said, while he could go for the air dodge that's mainly a mindame that isn't hard to counter.

I believe a few characters also have safe aerials they could use in such a scenario anyway.

Browny

Smash Hater

So by 2017, you will have evolved to have a 2 frame (see; 34ms) reaction time?

His dair is on frame 5 and give him a few more frames to jump. You, and no human, can react to that and actually move the cstick enough for it to register, in those few frames.

Yes im being pedantic, I just dont like it when people make claims about things they do and others are lazy/bad at games, for not being able to do, while said feat is actually impossible.

You are merely predicting the dair which isnt exactly hard. And if you dont predict it and hit the c-stick anyway, it doesnt matter. You are likely going to do it anyway regardless of what the falco does.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You are able to react to it. You are expecting Falco to jump and dair. And he has to do the dair at pretty much the same timing for it to hit at all. Are you saying that is hard to react to? You don't really even need to.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually you can react to it. He has to move forward, go through jump squat, probably travel in the air for a few frames, then Dair, etc

-LzR-

Smash Hero
There should be enough hitlag to react to the sound if you are really looking for it. Unless you play Snake a mistake fair shouldn't be so bad.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So by 2017, you will have evolved to have a 2 frame (see; 34ms) reaction time?

His dair is on frame 5 and give him a few more frames to jump. You, and no human, can react to that and actually move the cstick enough for it to register, in those few frames.

Yes im being pedantic, I just dont like it when people make claims about things they do and others are lazy/bad at games, for not being able to do, while said feat is actually impossible.

You are merely predicting the dair which isnt exactly hard. And if you dont predict it and hit the c-stick anyway, it doesnt matter. You are likely going to do it anyway regardless of what the falco does.
There's a difference between reacting to something that happens completely out of the blue and reacting to something that you've been expecting and waiting for, right after it happens.
The difference being that in the latter case, you react much more quickly. I'm no neuroscience expert or anything but I imagine the higher speed stems from not having to identify what it is you're reacting to, as well as not having to react instinctually because you've been keeping the reaction in the back of your head and waiting for the chance to use it since Falco started the chaingrab, which was probably over 200 ms ago.

So there's that. Then there's also the fact that (I imagine) most just Falcos buffer the running shorthop dair, which would lead to the same timing every time. This is what happens in my experience anyway.

Then there's your last paragraph which pretty much restates what I've been saying, minus the last sentence. It should be easy to identify that the Falco isn't going to dair you when you notice that he didn't dash after the dthrow. And like I said earlier, if one is worried about using an aerial when attempting to SDI the dair that doesn't actually happen, they can hold A/Z in advance and then just do it. SDI if they get hit, nothing if they don't, sounds pretty good to me.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
V155s post was well said, though it should be very obvious to anyone who is at least decent at this game, aka 30% of the posters here.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know you could hold A/Z in advance to stop the attack input from the Cstick. Good stuff. I didn't know that tbh.

Laem

Smash Champion
Didn't know the hold A/Z thing either. But then again I suck at everything SDI related so no wonder. So why don't people just avoid being chaingrabbed? :p

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Holding diagional down stops a fast fall input as well
It does, but if you DSSDI by holding diagonally down and flicking the C-stick diagonally up, and you don't actually SDI anything (ie you don't get hit by anything) so you just press those buttons while you're falling then you WILL ff

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What i was saying is that esam and nick riddle along with myself talk about ike being good because were the ones with experience with the best ikes but nobody listens to us even though we are clearly more knowledgable about him than ... Everyone else.
Esam loses to peach but he still thinks shes not the best character. But he knows ike is good.

Also, i dont think kirby is that bad. But hes really hard to be above average with because of his straight forward nature. But chu did some amazing things with him
:phone:
I will say that ike is good. He has good spacing, Jab pressure and can make it a pain to get out of the corner against. His speed is also good. If you seen San vs Ally, each time San got in, he was giving ally trouble. When Ike is in, he goes IN. And is good and keeping him from touching the floor. Good CQC (close quarter combat), good range, good speed, power. Good pressure. Good edguarding.

The bad thing about Ike is that if he is getting walled, he can have a hard time getting in due to his approachs that are slow. His fair has range, but not fast, So if he is approach from deep with that move, opponents can react to it or snip him with a projectile. It can slow down ike and give the enemy a chance to open him up for hits before he can start his pressure. There is also a lot of characters in this game that can gimp him hard out of his recovery. His defense options are not that good as well. he really does not have good option when pressured. And while he has power, it can be hard to land his kill moves do to the speed. People who can space and evade well can make it a problem for Ike to finish a stock.

Over all, Ike in general is solid. It just goes by how many characters can abuse his flaws well. And How hard it is to abuse these flaws when Ike uses his strengths well to protect those flaws. I think People cry too much about characters weaknesses and not focus much and strengths of them. if that character has a weakness, what should you do? Protect them yea, and how would you do that? By using your strengths. This makes it very hard for characters to punish you for them. People like X, San, shaky and even Mekos doing their thing with characters people call **** and thought they could not do what they have done. There is a reason for that.

- They know the match ups and what they are up against
- They know what they can and can not do.
- They know what they should and should not do.
- They know how the enemy can abuse their flaws.
- They know how they can abuse the enemies flaws.
- They know how to protect their flaws with their strengths against said characters
- They know how to abuse the enemies weakness.

Now this is just you against said character. but this is not the only thing that matters. What also matters is how smart the opponent is. And how smart YOU are as a player. Having god powers means nothing if you can use them well.

Good example of what I am talking about is Peach. We know Peach can't kill. That's her flaw. Now how can I work my way around that flaw so people don't live as long and give them a chance to make a comeback? Peach can rack up damage quick. And has many ways to get in on someone. She also has a projectile that helps when getting in and can be used in many ways. And when she is pressuring someone, she has many ways to open someone up with her mix ups and frame traps. And with the many tools she has, you are gonna have a hella hard time getting her off you as well as getting a clean hit. With all this Peach can get you at w/e % needed to kill you, while still being safe and getting damage.
Thats her flaw and a way to use her strength to deal with it.

Did you know?

- If Peach fairs olimar on shield he is forced to stay on shield?

True story. If Olimar was to roll from my auto canceled fair on block, he is open for 2 frames before he is invincible. Peach fair auto cancel is 0 on block. Meaning Me and my opponent can move at the same time. So with this, he does a roll and I jab, he is getting hit out of his roll. If he tries to side step, he is open for 4 frames before he is invincible. This is a worst option. He has to respect Peach when he blocks a fair. And thing he tries to do, he is gonna get jabbed. He is stuck. When olimar starts respecting me on block thats when I can go for mix ups. Cause I know he wont push buttons. So I can fair to grab. Fair, jab cancel, to w/e I want to open him up.

Most characters have the option to side step Since it happens on they are invincible on frame 2. But I can snipe people out of rolls. And side steps that are invincible on frame 3. This only works if Peach fair at the right height. Or else, even if you hit their shield, you would have not touch the floor yet. Give your enemy more time to evade. Though this problem can be reduced if you ground float a fair. Land at the right time and you get 0 on block. If if you dont, its -2.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Wat

"Marth is a bad character"
"Ike is a good character"

It just sounds stupid can we use terms in between good and bad. Smashers seem to forget there's others words to describe things and it just sound really stupid. awkward

Ike is Ok perhaps

Or Marth is a good character that needs results, etc etc

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
People say ikes recovery is gimpable. Sure it is, but if you mess up your attempt, you take 20% in aether damage. Thats a lot of damage for something thats very easy to mess up.

People say you call wall ike out but his airdodge and spotdodge are the best in game, plus with his fair and dash attack, his effective range is better than every other character. Meaning he doesnt have to get as close to you as, say wario, to hit you.

Its not about how many weaknesses a character has, its about how abusable they are, and how well they can be overcome.

The ICs have a number of well known weaknesses, but people still think thwy are between numbe 2 and 5 in the game. On the other hand, Ness only has 1 or 2 fundamental weaknesses, but hes arguably low tier.

Quality>Quantity

Edit
To the guy talking about marth, mikeneko actually just won his first japanese tournament just yesterday funnily enough
:phone:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Wat

It just sounds stupid can we use terms in between good and bad. Smashers seem to forget there's others words to describe things and it just sound really stupid. awkward

Ike is Ok perhaps

an other prove that marth gets results "Mikeneko"

EDITgot ninja'd

Point is people should stop saying that marth doesn't get results. He places great in europe and Mikeneko does work in Japan.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wat

Ike is Ok perhaps

When people call a character bad, it usually means that they think said character is overrated and should go lower, and when called good, is underrated and should go higher. Not always, and obv some is trolling/joking, but a lot of the time thats also what they mean.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I understand that but it's the lack of consistency in meaning that sounds wonky.

like before it wasn't that big a deal but I hear people using the word good to describe Sonic and Ike now and it's just like... Really? Ike?

I've seen some cool stuff but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom