• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Everyone should main Dedede.

All matches everywhere
Dedede dittos.
We're so balanced, we even infinite ourselves! :awesome:

bubba did your av always have a mustache?
:smirk:

Double ICs is awesome. If both parties keep their Nana, no-one can be CGed for once. :p
I once saw a ICs ditto in which Popo A grabbed Popo B and Nana A grabbed Nana B and they each started CGing the other. It was short-lived, but it was hilarious. :rotfl:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hehehe, that is pretty cool.

What would you make the next tier list if you had to? I just want to get relevant discussion going on again lol. :happysheep:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I would put ICs at #2 and either Zelda, Link, CF, or Jiggs at the very bottom. That or I would tie everyone in Bottom Tier, but since people don't like that idea and we can't really theorycraft much about those chars, due to no one knowing too much about their full potentials and MUs, results dictate that Ganon shouldn't be last.

C.J.

Smash Master
Not for awhile. We're in the middle of the MU chart project atm. Phase 2 starts post-apex and once this is done we'll start the tier list sometime afterwards.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Mine would probably look something like (and remember, i'm a noob who doesn't know nearly enough about this game):

top:
S: :metaknight:
A: :popo: :olimar: :diddy: :snake:
B: :falco: :marth: :pikachu2: :wario:

high:
C: :zerosuitsamus: :lucario: :dedede: :toonlink:

borderline:
D: :wolf: :gw: :fox: :peach: :pit:

mid:
E: :rob: :kirby2: :dk2: :sonic: :ike: :sheilda: :sheik:
F: :ness2: :yoshi2: :lucas: :pt:

low:
G: :luigi2: :mario2: :samus2: :bowser2: :falcon:
H: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda: :ganondorf:

That's what mine would look like. Sorry for the perhaps radical changes to mid tier, I wasn't entirely sure whether sheik should be below yoshi...

Yeah, so, feel free to kill me for any of the changes i've made. >_>

And i have made a few of these changes because of tourney results...

Celestial Luna

Smash Rookie
Not for awhile. We're in the middle of the MU chart project atm. Phase 2 starts post-apex and once this is done we'll start the tier list sometime afterwards.

Thank you I was wondering a bit myself, also glad to see something's going on at the very least :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I didn't make any changes to borderline or high. Borderline, because I have no idea what any of the characters on it are doing except for wolf and high because Lucario has been doing really well lately, but so has ZSS, so has Dedede, so has TL....

Mid is where I made the brunt of my changes. Honestly, i'm considering moving sheik lower but I need some evidence before I do that.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Yeah..Lucario hasn't done well since...SKTAR afaik. After Trela quit his top level tourney results basically vanished. :happysheep:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah..Lucario hasn't done well since...SKTAR afaik. After Trela quit his top level tourney results basically vanished. :happysheep:
Didn't he do decently at WHOBO 4 too? Umm, I could be wrong, let me find the results, I just assumed he got rather high, from watching vids and that. A sec.

EDIT: He came... 13th.

Out of 96, that's not too bad.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It's considered an 'upset' for Trela I guess (he lost to Shaky, and not to down Shaky or anything cause he's ****ing awesome but I'm fairly certain this qualifies as an upset since Shaky didn't have too many results under his belt) cause most people were probably predicting at LEAST top 8 for him but yeah 13th is still good.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I dunno, i'm open to change my border-line/mid things if people can give evidence to show. I tried not to move anything too drastically, so I hope there's nothing ridiculous in that or anything. ^_^

Sky`

Smash Lord
Okay. Idk if this is relevant for any of you but I wanted to disclose some things.

I've been playing for like 10+ Hours a day for like 11 days, with Tyrant, Rich Brown, MikeHAZE, and some other people, and I've got some Matchup knowledge for Wario. (I love this game.)

First off, We might have the advantage vs Olimar.
MK Is -1 for us.
Marth is most def minus 2, might be our worst MU.
And im researching it now, but i think we can CG DDD and Snake from 50-220 which would be... Amazing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well actually, part of the problem is that there's literally no hard evidence that the Wario CG's he's talking about work. Someone back in 09 posted and said we can "boost pivot grab" Dedede, but there were no videos frame data inputs etc. Framewise I've looked at Wario's options and for the most part, these all sound too slow. A turn around pivot grab, a boost grab forward, etc. That's also assuming these options will reach: I'm not sure Wario's pivot grab outranges Wario's standing grab and it HAS to because it's already slower than the normal grab. Then there's uncertainly on how many frames these options add: we have to turn around pivot so that should add a dash frame somewhere and boost grabbing should involve a dash frame, then a DA frame, then cancelled. Etc

I really REALLY don't think those options work, but it's not been proven 100% of the way. What will work are:

1. Buffer turn around Dtilt (Dtilt is faster than Grab)

2. Turn around grab CG on the obvious characters

3. Turn around regrab on slopes. So say you Dthrow Snake or Dedede facing a slope. If they land on it and it's slanted enough, you can regrab them (the way it works is that when you Dthrow people and they land, they experience landing lag. When we regrab people normally, they are in landing lag but they may land a bit further out of our reach. During this time, if they land on a slope, they slide a bit back down the slope and go into our range to get grabbed) Technically, in places like the middle of Frigate's transformation, we can CG people like Snake and Dedede there for quite a bit. 100+ or so iirc.

4. If a wall is present, any move fast enough will land. Waft, Bite, Upb, dunno about jab or Fsmash.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol its not even that long. Its a paragraph plus a short list. Took me like 40 seconds to read it all max.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario's CG's are pretty well known, besides the one we have on Ganon and Falcon (which is still the regular Dthrow). The more complicated stuff like regrab on slopes, buffer Dtilt, etc I don't expect people to know or remember. Some of these finds are yearsssss old

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Airdodge itself is so good. It would be amazing if it didn't have landing lag: that part screws Wario.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Part of the problem is that Waro also likes to FF Airdodge into people. Hard landings will add more frames, and he can't afford that up close vs people who want to grab or OOS stuff him.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Don't know why everyone was so keen on saying Marth should drop in the tier list. I think he's fine where he is. ZSS, on the other hand, could potentially be top tier material right here, and she definitely deserves to be ahead of Wario. Get that fat man OUT of top tier! :smash:

Edit: But even if ZSS isn't up to top tier snuff, Wario definitely shouldn't be up there either.

allshort17

Smash Ace
I think people forgot how many Wario players made it in to bracket. Look at the results. It's a quantity over quality thing though. However, there were 3 accounts of High level Warios taking out each other. If anything, Pika's looking very weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom