• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl ESRB Rating Spectulation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
I have searched, and this isn't up yet. I know some of you have been talking about this in other threads, and I decided to make a place where people could talk about it.
For the record, I know it doesn't really matter what rating the game is, as people who are 6 will still buy the game if it is T, just like they did with Melee.
Overall, my thoughts on this are: It's not EC (duh), probably not E, not M or AO, so it has to be one of two ratings: E10 or T.
No matter how hard I think about it, I can't tell if it will be rated E10 or T. Here are my arguments for each rating:

E10
1) Shadow the Hedgehog, a worse game than Brawl in both content and gameplay, got E10, and it had cursing, guns, a little girl being shot, rasism ("black" aliens), etc.
2) The game's main target audience is probably here.

Teen
1) The game before it, Melee, had content equal to that of a E10 game today (back then, games and other media didn't get off as easy as today). Since Brawl has a pretty dark story involving death of beloved characters (heck, Mario could die. Holy crap), it may be T.
2) Some of the game's story content may be a little worse involving thing other than violence (sexual references), and you know how tough we are on that nowadays in games...
3) Snake is a character from an M rated game, and youngster's parents may be offended by some of his moves (neck breaking, grenades, rocket launchers).

As for the online play, there is sure to be a sticker on the rating of "Game experience may change during online play".

So, what do you guys think about what the rating should be? Remember, this is just for spectulation, and fun.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
There have been Nintendo press releases announcing that Brawl will be rated T.

And it doesn't matter anyway because nobody gives a crap about what it's rated unless it's M or AO.

Youko Punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom