• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sariku

Smash Master
Good call guys. Also, we need to watch our posts, espicially in here. Mods like Mic are accually looking through these pages and giving infractions to anyone that is doing stupid stuff like double posts... like I did.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Sariku Uchicha We battled earlier I think on Project 64k I am coco. I think You can see the platform inside his tail

Sariku

Smash Master
There is Two Platforms, as you can see. Nuff said. Also, if you haven't voted in the Contest, go and make a guess. If you need the link, you can find it in my sig, or find it in the General Brawl Discussion.

Wasserman

Smash Rookie
Isn't it unconfirmed whether Classis Samus is still in the game? Yes, she most likely will but all we have seen so far is a movie with samus shooting and then turning into Zero Suit. And then we have seen gameplay footage of just Zero Suit.

Again she most likely is in the game but it is by no means "official".

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that Sakurai official confirmed classic Samus. He said in the ZS Samus profile (before it was revamped) that you'd be able to play as original Samus too.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i still can't see two platforms. in the first pic i see it behind his tail but none in front of him. in the second it's the oppostie. one in front but none behind. where are you guys seeing two?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
in Nintendo power they did a character bio of every confirmed character and samus was included.

@colbusman

in the first pic look right in front of his head, it is almost as if groudon is headbutting the second platform.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm with the other guy...she may be "confirmed" (duh), but they still have zero footage of her. For all we know, that little appearance in the first trailer could just be her intro at the beginning of the game.

They'll be the same character. He already confirmed that. Before the site revamped.
Well, technically they ARE the same character, just like Link and Young Link are the same character. But, does this mean you will transform using Samus directly? That is the question. I'm thinking we probably need to think outside the box on this one...I'm doubting they are going to take away a Samus move to have her transform, but that's just my thoughts...

majoras16

Smash Apprentice
im a hardcore Samus User and if you are replacing her bombs ( Down-B ) like they replace with zelda and shiek, it will be not good

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@ the grim lizard no, Sakurai clearly stated that Zero suit samus wasn't a pure character addition, but when playing as samus if a "certain condition" happens, samus will remove her armor an become zero suit samus. i just hope you can change back whenever you want to and that you can choose when the "certain condition" will be applied. (ie, a button combo)

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
They'll be the same character. He already confirmed that. Before the site revamped.
He NEVER confirmed that. What he said was something about Zamus not being a "pure character addition" and that "under certain circumstances, Samus will remove her suit". However, I take that to mean that she isn't 'pure' because she's another form of Samus, and the 'remove her suit' thing was referring to the games (in the Metroid games, Samus would remove her armour at the end of the game if u were fast enough finishing it. I could be wrong though

Sariku

Smash Master
Look, it will most likly be a permanent transfomation. Meaning, lets say we're gonna use the GameCube controller, you press down on the D Pad and you'll take it off, for good.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i hope not... that would make me have to find a new main, i would rather zero suit samus be separate all together.

both sides of the argument make sense, but until we have proof of samus and zamus being separate/the same, we don't have anything to back our arguments until the site tells us.

Sariku

Smash Master
If I had a screenie, I would have proof. In the site, Sakurai said "Zero Suit Samus won't be a pure new character addition, but under certain conditions, Samus will Remove her Amor."

Isn't that good enough?

gnosis

Smash Lord
Every part of that sentence was already explained. Dr. Mario also wouldn't be considered a 'pure character addition', and the 'certain conditions' could refer to within the Metroid games.

Also I'm pretty sure the original quote was two sentences and a teensy bit more vague. something like "Zamus won't be a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus removes her suit" and blah blah blah.

My point is it's still up in the air. I think it's pretty likely that Samus and Zamus will have some transform function, but the wording's vague enough to not be sure.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
If I had a screenie, I would have proof. In the site, Sakurai said "Zero Suit Samus won't be a pure new character addition, but under certain conditions, Samus will Remove her Amor."
Unfortunately the major flaw with the Smash Bros website is that most of what we're reading is indeed engrish, and can be difficult to interpret or understand, and people wind up taking it far too literally.

It happened with the Yoshi's Story Ending song that was posted, too. When he said "Is it really fair to play Yoshi’s voice at that moment?", I think that was meant to led directly into the following sentence - in other words "That's not fair, that brings tears to my eyes." I don't think it had anything to do with the fact that Yoshi is not yet confirmed.

It's the same thing with Samus. Yes, Sakurai said that ZSS will not be a pure new character addition, but I think he said it in the way like he would for Dr. Mario or Young Link. They're not actual new characters, but they are a new "brawler".

Of course, this is all entirely in how you choose to interpret the posts.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the "certain condition" Is as simple as unlocking her, saying that you don't start off with her, and the whole "pure charecter" is just as you say, she isn't a new charecter, more or less a alternate charecter.

He sure has a way of wording things, huh. lol

Devastlian

Smash Lord
There's always the clarified Smash Files version:

"....In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Samus will shed her Power Suit and reveal her Zero Suit form under certain conditions. If her opponents think that leaves her vulnerable, she's prepared to prove them wrong with her enhanced speed and transfigurable pistol."

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@sariku.Uchiha
no, because the quote could refer to samus's other games, like prime one, where if you beat the game 100%, she escapes the planet as zero suit in a cutscene. if you beat it with 85%? percent or more, she only takes off her helmet (i did it!) it could, of course, mean exactly what you interpreted it to mean. but since both sides use the same quote as proof and have no other evidence, nothing can be drawn from the observation. (is reminded of arguments over interpreting the bible)

WiiPlaya77

Smash Cadet
I think it'd be fun if Dialga would come out and then he would mess with time by either speeding it up, slowing it down, or rewinding it 5-10 seconds, that would be an awesome twist, or even a separate special game mode, yea? maybe?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@wiiplaya77
could you at least read the last page before posting, so that what you say has a strand of relationship with the argument?

other thatn that, i think that it should either speed up or slow down time if implemented, but not another mode of play. maybe Palkia could do something with space as well, like switching everyone's positions.

WiiPlaya77

Smash Cadet
whoa, yea, samus/zamus stuff, how'd we get on that? oh well, i think they'll be accessed via the final smash or high percentage, etc, but i also think they'd have the presence of mind to let us start the battle as Zamus if we'd like, maybe like Zelda/Shiek now...at least i'd hope so...oh and i like your palkia idea too..

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
whoa, yea, samus/zamus stuff, how'd we get on that? oh well, i think they'll be accessed via the final smash or high percentage, etc, but i also think they'd have the presence of mind to let us start the battle as Zamus if we'd like, maybe like Zelda/Shiek now...at least i'd hope so...oh and i like your palkia idea too..
In definate, S(Z)amus should replace Zelda.
Good idea of starting out though, like holding "A" when the stage loads, to start out as Sheik? Though I wouldn't do that instantly in this situation, since you can't change back to the armored Samus?

(that's what I've learned from posts and such)

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
if zamus cant turn back into samus, i'll main ridley (if in the game), meta-knight, or snake.
;)
I can't really judge who'll I'll polish up with at first, but by the looks of it, Fox seems pretty cool (hated how he looked in Melee).
If Balloon Figher is in the game, then it's definately him xD

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
@ the grim lizard no, Sakurai clearly stated that Zero suit samus wasn't a pure character addition, but when playing as samus if a "certain condition" happens, samus will remove her armor an become zero suit samus. i just hope you can change back whenever you want to and that you can choose when the "certain condition" will be applied. (ie, a button combo)
i think this is how we play as zs samus, a button combo. it's simple and you don't have to replace any moves. plus it gives you a chance to play as samus again, like do the same combo but reversed. that's at least how i think it should be.

great idea dude. you basically solved the dilema going on in my head

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
I just ay something. Under items, Poke Balls is it's own category, so we may find out all of the Pokemon in Pokeballs through updates!

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I just ay something. Under items, Poke Balls is it's own category, so we may find out all of the Pokemon in Pokeballs through updates!
Very possibly.
Hopefully they don't do a lot of Poke'mon updates in a row, that'd get a little too boring.
Unless they had some awesome Poke'mon, for example: the cool Groudon update.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah, but look at how far Mario can recover himself in thie game.
I wanna see how far Fox can be blasted, and recover barely at the edge.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
If you notice that piece of smoke when he's doing his upB, that's his peak, isn't it? Because that's where he jumped to to do his upB. I don't know who would do it late.

(Apologize if that made no sense, I'm tired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom