• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Wright as an assist trophy? I thought he was from Earth bound or something like that. Whatever. Tom Nook will be an assist trophy and kill people with a random tool everytime he comes out. You heard it here first, folks.

Croco

Smash Lord
Wow Simcity? seems almost 3rd party to me. Could Snake be close?
SimCity isn't 3rd Party. It's 2nd party.
Just like Tetris DS..
Dr. Wright was also created by Nintendo as a nod to Will Wright who created the series.
Dr. Wright also appeared in SimCity 64 and as a cameo in Link Awakening.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think we'll get an update tomorrow, even though Nintendo is going tomorrow for E3?

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
SimCity isn't 3rd Party. It's 2nd party.
Just like Tetris DS..
Dr. Wright was also created by Nintendo as a nod to Will Wright who created the series.
Dr. Wright also appeared in SimCity 64 and as a cameo in Link Awakening.
ROFL AT THE UPDATE!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That **** was completely random,and it still gots me laughing my *** off atm,lmao! But yeah,thats where hes from,your 110% correct on that.But hell,after seeing that,we might as well get the owl from Zelda OoT.:laugh: :laugh:

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* Today's update was more of a dissappointment than yesterday. Mr. WRIGHT ain't all that interesting... *sigh* At least he's not a character in the roster. That would just be... well, to put it simply: HORRIBLE. XD

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Wright is funny! I'd rather they use an update to reveal an assist character than reveal another random not-even-Nintendo-related (as far as I can tell) item like the firecracker shooter.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Wright was a trophy in Melee so I wasn't too surprized to see him in Brawl, remember that:
Pit was a trophy, in the description it said, "Will Pit ever fight again?"
Meta Knight was a trophy
Wario was a trophy
Zero Suit Samus was a trophy (secret with Action Replay, and I think was called, Samus Unmasked)
I dont think Snake was a trophy though...

Shiri

Smash Chump
Dr. Wright is funny! I'd rather they use an update to reveal an assist character than reveal another random not-even-Nintendo-related (as far as I can tell) item like the firecracker shooter.
:yoshi: Doctor Wright for the inevitable victory, my friend.

P.S. - A tiny variation of the firecracker shooter can be found in Kirby's Air Ride for the GCN. A lot of the items that don't seem to have any basis in Nintendo games are actually items from HAL's wide library of assorted miscellany. Not to say that some aren't "Nintendo" at all, but most are, even if they don't seem like it.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I had a feeling that today would be an AT update. I just didn't expect this guy.... Though, I can't wait to get him from an AT... **** Q4 being so far off...

Cenedar

Smash Ace
^^Unfortunately, knowing Nintendo, it's still a possibility. I mean, look what happened to Twilight Princess.

Now I am not saying that it will definitely be delayed, obviously. Nintendo has been driving it to us that it will be out in '07. And if they are still saying it leading up to E3, then I'd like to believe them.

I just can't totally believe it until I see a specific release date telling me otherwise.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
LOL, at first I thought he was a Playable Char.
I yelled "Hell no!!!" so loud I think I woke my dad up XD!!!

But it's kind of funny how he rams skycrapers up everyone's @$$.... Which appear out of nowhere.

Sariku

Smash Master
^^Unfortunately, knowing Nintendo, it's still a possibility. I mean, look what happened to Twilight Princess.

Now I am not saying that it will definitely be delayed, obviously. Nintendo has been driving it to us that it will be out in '07. And if they are still saying it leading up to E3, then I'd like to believe them.

I just can't totally believe it until I see a specific release date telling me otherwise.
Meh, not too many worries I suppose... Nintendo had this done for Launch, but decided to change some things ups...

LOL, at first I thought he was a Playable Char.
I yelled "Hell no!!!" so loud I think I woke my dad up XD!!!

But it's kind of funny how he rams skycrapers up everyone's @$$.... Which appear out of nowhere.
...I wont comment^^

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Meh, not too many worries I suppose... Nintendo had this done for Launch, but decided to change some things ups...
I'm not particularly worried either. I remember when Nintendo announced Brawl would be out for launch, I laughed so hard.

I'm sure Sakurai will release it at the best time. We just have to have faith is all.

~rh

Smash Lord
Dr Wright? What the ****?

Now, who the hell saw this one coming? Ohhhhh, Sakurai. This man never ceases to amuse me. :laugh:

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, this theory may sound like it deserves its own topic, and if so, please make one.

I've noticed that the languages the site has been updated in are the very same languages most Nintendo games are translated to. So, could it be possible that Smash already is working on the game's translations? This could mean that a simultanious world-wide release could be possible, or at least one with at most a week delay.

Croco

Smash Lord
Dr Wright? What the ****?

Now, who the hell saw this one coming? Ohhhhh, Sakurai. This man never ceases to amuse me. :laugh:
I did. :chuckle:
no seriously.. I did.
Just search the forums.
You will some evidence somewhere that I knew Dr. Wright would in Brawl.

Croco

Smash Lord
You didn't know anything Croco, stop trying to get followers.
I'm Jim Jones reborn *****! lol :cool:
Watch me create another another Peoples Temple.. I swear I will do it again. MWAHAHAHAHA! :laugh:

I think a lot of people have still failed to notice that Dr. Wright is an AT. Why couldn't they make it clearer?
I think the problem is how the playable characters and ATs both are presented with the whole body shot on the top of the update.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Croco. I think you are right about Yoshi or DK though, if we don't get confirmation I'm losing all hope in them.

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
That's what actually thre me off the first time I saw it! Then I looked in the top right corner to see if it had the character icon there. *Wink* *Wink*

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
I knew he was an AT judging by the color of the heading of the update. It means "items update". I learned that from Samurai Goroh. Others should have learned, too.

I love the skyscraper-rammage, though, that's just frikin' hilarious XD

Sariku

Smash Master
! Attention !

! ATTENTION !

I will be making a thread all about the E3 Updates. It will be a Sister Thread to this one, so don't flame it if you see it. It will be closed at the end of the week. Don't go making your own thread for the updates. Scav has approved this message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom