• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Sakurai stated he really wants to move on, and that Nintendo kinda 'begged' him to direct.

But all you people who question, there's one thing you need to know:

As long as Sakurai gets paid the big bucks, he'll keep making Smash... and with the Wii's success, Nintendo will be very, VERY well off.

Topping it would then just be a matter of keeping all the old , and adding new. For every aspect - levels, graphics, characters... look at the Unreal Tournament series. It's got online and all from the start, but they keep pumping out the new and keeping te old in line, and it's pretty sick. I'd be down for soemthing like that.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
sure its sakurai's "last game" but he could be just saying that. lots of musical bands say that they are retiring, but then years later, for enough money, they go on tour again. if nintendo offers sakurai enough money, he won't turn them down.

KevRed

Smash Apprentice
If there were to be another Smash Bros coming out, it wouldn't be for the Wii.
It'll be for Nintendo's next-gen.

But who knows when that will be? I don't know what else Nintendo could come up with.

-KevRed

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
maybe a ssb movie will come out b4 the next ssb game lol
like FF advent children
who knows what's in their head?
a love story between mario and peach
with fellow friends (link kirby pikachu and etc)
get on fox's spaceship and head for bowser's base to rescue peach

Sandy

Smash Champion
I thought about Ganondorf's final smash.
Maybe Ganondorf transforms into Ganon and runs like mad around the stage.
That would have been cool.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think that you guys should think of all the game series that went on to have more than three games just because of the sheer quality of the game. Best example i can think of is Tekken. And nobody even likes tekken, but yet they are coming out with like "Tekken 14: Ultimate Tag Sudoku Fighter" for the PS3.
Super Smash Brothers will live on, maybe not for another 10 years, simply because we wont need another smash until most of us are old enough to get seizures playing it. But our kids are guaranteed to have a smash of their own, even if it is a poor quality "sans-Sakurai" version.

VIVA SMASH!!!!!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
there will be another smash. nintendo won't let one of their famous franchises die and never return. the only problem is sooner or later, nintendo will have to go to obscure depths to bring us characters

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I think that you guys should think of all the game series that went on to have more than three games just because of the sheer quality of the game. Best example i can think of is Tekken. And nobody even likes tekken, but yet they are coming out with like "Tekken 14: Ultimate Tag Sudoku Fighter" for the PS3.
Super Smash Brothers will live on, maybe not for another 10 years, simply because we wont need another smash until most of us are old enough to get seizures playing it. But our kids are guaranteed to have a smash of their own, even if it is a poor quality "sans-Sakurai" version.

VIVA SMASH!!!!!
Not to be the bringer of bad news but... a lot of large games/movies end at three. May i bring up Metroid Prime: Corruption.

But i DO want a smash 4.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yes but metroid and many games before it did break out into sub-genres (Hunters, and Jak and Daxter had that Daxter game for PSP)

but smash is diffrent. it's like any fighting game, it'll continue til video games die

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I play Tekken. but Tekken is not like smash. sure it's a fighting game but smash is of a different sort. every smash game has been a hit. i believe one or two of the Tekkens have not. it's hard to say if they will make another one. because this one seems even harder than melee to top. it's all about quality. they made like a billion different street fighter games and not all of them have been good. a handful were just bad. Nintendo shelling out super smash bros after super smash bros might not be such a good idea. because im sure people will find some way to complain about something if they continue. i say leave it at 3.

Sariku

Smash Master
yes but metroid and many games before it did break out into sub-genres (Hunters, and Jak and Daxter had that Daxter game for PSP)

but smash is diffrent. it's like any fighting game, it'll continue til video games die
We hope. But truthfuly, if Sakurai doesn't make Smash 4, I don't really want it. It won't feel right to me. Yes, Nintendo will nail some points very well, some maybe better than Sakurai, but I'd feel like a traitor.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Usually series that last for a while, like Tekken and Street Fighter lose the quality they had when the first few came out....at least in my opinion, because Melee is a great game, and if a SSB 7 came out, I'd have way too many to choose from...

I think 3 is good, maybe 4.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Well, as long as the game isn't changed DRASTICALLY...which it might be. I mean, take Guitar Hero 3 for example. I read that a different company is doing it, and I've seen pics and EVERYTHING is different. Maybe they're mock ups, but who knows.
Anyways, if Sakurai isn't making Smash 4, will Kirby and Meta still be in it?
I seriously hope my favourite game doesn't take a turn for the worse.

Edit: Lonewolfe, you have a good point. I think more than 5 smash games would be over do-ing it. Well, I think more than one for the same console is over do-ing it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Well, as long as the game isn't changed DRASTICALLY...which it might be. I mean, take Guitar Hero 3 for example. I read that a different company is doing it, and I've seen pics and EVERYTHING is different. Maybe they're mock ups, but who knows.
Anyways, if Sakurai isn't making Smash 4, will Kirby and Meta still be in it?
I seriously hope my favourite game doesn't take a turn for the worse.

Edit: Lonewolfe, you have a good point. I think more than 5 smash games would be over do-ing it. Well, I think more than one for the same console is over do-ing it.
guitar hero 3 is diffrent cause harmonix isn't developing the game. neversoft and activision are doing guitar hero after the buyout of red octane.

and yes, they should make more smash games, but they shouldn't whor* themselves out. one, maybe two for each console

the grim lizard

Smash Master
One per generation. That's it.

On another note, on topic that is, I really hope we get something awesome this week. Or...four awesome things. :) I'm still waiting for the new stuff Reggie was talking about.

hit0

Smash Journeyman
One per generation. That's it.

On another note, on topic that is, I really hope we get something awesome this week. Or...four awesome things. :) I'm still waiting for the new stuff Reggie was talking about.
Yeah, totally agree. Are we leaving out the possibility for down loadable content for the smash games? (such as expansions)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We hope. But truthfuly, if Sakurai doesn't make Smash 4, I don't really want it. It won't feel right to me. Yes, Nintendo will nail some points very well, some maybe better than Sakurai, but I'd feel like a traitor.
HE will, it's all about the money, and smash will make him more money than any amount of games he was to make for 10 years. SSBB is going to outsell Melee, I bet it will reach 8-10 million units at it's height. And Miyamoto has been a driving force in the advanced multiplayer, Sakurai wanted SSB to have more focus on single player. If SSB4 was in Miyamoto's hands I'd be happy, but nothing beats Sakurai! :)

and Sakurai said he would be intrested in doing a SSB DS, check SamuraiPanda's thread, he says he likes the idea. I think that would be awsome, and I see lots of capabilities with it. I imagine a roster similar based off Melee's, but with only 10 characters more. Maybe a few that didn't appear in Brawl, that you could transfer via DS to Wii, to hustle us! :chuckle: ACtually screw that, just give us downloadable content as needed.

Sariku

Smash Master
We all know that would be awesome, and truthfully, I can ALMOST see a way to use the Stylus in that... DON'T SHOOT ME! I don't mean to fight as in A and all, but I see a use for it all accually.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
looks like Deoxys wont be playble. just like i knew it wouldnt. about time they confirmed it. Deoxy fan boys are gonna be upset.

Sariku

Smash Master
I thought he was a character at first, I was like "ZOMG! A NEW NEWCOMER!" But then saw the Pokeball Item and sighed. I want Lucario more than them though... he kicks butt.

But lets see, how many more deserving Pokemon should get the spot..?

BlueBandanaJake

Smash Cadet
Ft. Lauderdale FL by day, Homestead FL by night
Hmm, this is too bad... I figured if any new Pokemon made "playable" status it could only be Deoxys or Lucario, but I was still happy to see this! The hyper beam looks awesome!

I'm surprised they've only shown 2 Pokeball Pokemon and BOTH are LEGENDARY. Waiting for that crappy Goldeen update were gonna have sooner or later...

teh pr0

Smash Cadet
People will just buy this game, regardless of what character will or won't be playable. Seriously.

"Hey man, did you check out Brawl? It's the most amazing game ever man! It's really good, a worthy sequel to Melee!"
"Nah, I'm not buying it."
"What? Why not?"
"Deoxys isn't playable."
"..."
I agree that people will buy the game regardless of characters...but those who are disappointed by a loss of a Pokemon as a PC? Grow Up
A Pokemon...not playable OH NOEZ...WUT R WE GOIN 2 DOOO....Nintendo needs to realize that it's main market for this game...isn't 10 year olds who still ****ing play Pokemon. 80% of players couldn't care less about having one more of those gay little things in the game, especially if it meant less space for actual characters, like Ridley or Mario. How many people do you know who play Pokemon (if it's more than like...1, you need to get some new friends)...Jigglypuff...ok, great character in Melee, chances are it will return. Another Pokemon? Who cares? They need to focus less on items (because they will not be used nearly as often as Nintendo imagines) and more on the actual gameplay. Too much catering towards the average player, and not enough to satisfy the core gamer. I mean seriously, NO self respecting gamer is going to even consider buying Wii Fit.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about Yoshi's Final Smash. He could summon a multi-colored army of Yoshi's, they all use their Up-B (from previous games), the Yoshi Throw, or something related to that.
They then throw a endless supply of eggs, exploding like fireworks along the stage.

OR, he could get bigger somehow, get into an egg, and start rolling (like in Melee), and just keep rolling over everything and everyone. The downside would be if you go off, you couldn't come back on.

So, what do you guys think? I like my 1st idea.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, this is too bad... I figured if any new Pokemon made "playable" status it could only be Deoxys or Lucario, but I was still happy to see this! The hyper beam looks awesome!

I'm surprised they've only shown 2 Pokeball Pokemon and BOTH are LEGENDARY. Waiting for that crappy Goldeen update were gonna have sooner or later...
Umm....... he already has confirmed Goldeen in the original pokeball post. i also hope that more pokemon get put as playable chararcters

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Even though Deoxys isn't playable, he does look kicka**. Better looking than Samurai Goroh anyway...

Hmm... I swear, I hope Ridley doesn't become an assist character. I'd still buy the game but if he isn't a character I would be very disappointed.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
I thought he was a character at first, I was like "ZOMG! A NEW NEWCOMER!" But then saw the Pokeball Item and sighed. I want Lucario more than them though... he kicks butt.

But lets see, how many more deserving Pokemon should get the spot..?
actually we most likely will get meowth since he was supposed to be in melee. i'm thinking we are gonna have mostly 1st gen pokemon

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I agree that people will buy the game regardless of characters...but those who are disappointed by a loss of a Pokemon as a PC? Grow Up
A Pokemon...not playable OH NOEZ...WUT R WE GOIN 2 DOOO....Nintendo needs to realize that it's main market for this game...isn't 10 year olds who still ****ing play Pokemon. 80% of players couldn't care less about having one more of those gay little things in the game, especially if it meant less space for actual characters, like Ridley or Mario. How many people do you know who play Pokemon (if it's more than like...1, you need to get some new friends)...Jigglypuff...ok, great character in Melee, chances are it will return. Another Pokemon? Who cares? They need to focus less on items (because they will not be used nearly as often as Nintendo imagines) and more on the actual gameplay. Too much catering towards the average player, and not enough to satisfy the core gamer. I mean seriously, NO self respecting gamer is going to even consider buying Wii Fit.
Hey, whoa whoa, hey! Calm down! Some people, like me, just wanted to play as him, don't attack all the people who want him in. Good grief...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom