• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
People may disagree with this, but I think it would be better if the stage doesn't fall apart. The platforms are nicely set out.

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling this stage won't be legal.

See the slanted platform and the main one?

Image removed to minimize quote.

You can see a platform being destroyed and you can tell it's the main one because the slanted one is beside it. Yes, it could be the platform ABOVE it being destroyed, and the remains falling onto the main one, but the main one also looks like it's cracked and crumbling as well.

IMO, it looks as if the WHOLE stage is break-able. But Sakurai said it regenerates fast, so it just might work. Who knows.
Personally it doesn't look legal to me, you'd have to be in the air constantly considering every platform breaks by the looks of it.
The main platform looks like it can be broken, however it looks like there is a stable piece of rock just under and to the left of the slanted platform.

EDIT: It looks like Sky World might be at the top of Jungle falls.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Since it was clearly shown that you could walk on the clouds in the trailer, it doesn't seem like it'll be a big deal.

So many possibilities, we probably shouldn't judge the stage until we play it.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Since it was clearly shown that you could walk on the clouds in the trailer, it doesn't seem like it'll be a big deal.

So many possibilities, we probably shouldn't judge the stage until we play it.
Exactly, everybody always nit picks this and that and nobody has even played it

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
DK stage looks cool. Since it only scrolls one way it won't be as hectic as Icicle Mountain, but rather more like Rainbow Cruise or Poke Floats.

Way too early to talk about banning stages. We don't even know how the platforms work on Sky World, for all we know, the floor crumbles then reappears 2 seconds later.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
DK stage looks cool. Since it only scrolls one way it won't be as hectic as Icicle Mountain, but rather more like Rainbow Cruise or Poke Floats.

Way too early to talk about banning stages. We don't even know how the platforms work on Sky World, for all we know, the floor crumbles then reappears 2 seconds later.
But we do know, the floors can crumble and leaves th clouds, and we know that we can walk on the clouds. ALl i'm guessingis that some moves will push you down or you can drop from the clouds

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
So brawl may I REPEAT may not be so bad after all, either way I'm still gonnna get it.
I think new update may add on a whole new concept of aerial tactics

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
Yeah exactly, so we know he has some insight of the Competitive community
well of course, u have to have insight of the smash community if your gonna remake a game that was so huge.

so does this mean that everybody will have a meteor smash or wat. and it looks weak, like it would only work on real high percentage. looks like u could meteor cancel it real easy

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
it's a fan made term. if it was created by designers it would b in the book dat tells u how to play or something
Well it makes sence that the people making brawl know what meteor smashes are

i remember hearing on the original website, that when nintendo gave Sakurai the new team and studio, alot of the people who were part of the studio had played melee alot, so players who might even seem pro could be working on this title

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
This new jump meteor thing. We seen this before, when Luigi jumps on Mario head (when you unlock Luigi) and Mario goes down.

See got to think out of the box. lol

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yes a whole new strategy to smash. this update kinda pulled me in cause i didn't know what to expect. this is really cool, letting you jump off opponents, and more so letting you use it as a meteor smash.

and now we know what yoshi is doing to DK in one of his pics

Doubletails

Smash Cadet
Now Team strategies get better:

Imagine someone with bad recovery (Bowser, maybe?)Footstooling all over Jiggs(Still to be confirmed) as he returns to the stage.

And Single strategies get a twist, too.
Footstooling to Meteor Smash as Edgeguard FTW.

EDIT: Say, do you think there will be short footstooling, just as there is shorthopping?

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Awesome update!!!

I'm curious about how this will change fundamental gameplay, though. If it's too easy to execute, wouldn't that get annoying, people constantly jumping off you and vise versa to get away from attacks, etc? Hmm.

I'm sure it'll be implemented well though, I bet this is going to create a lot of "OHHHHH SNAAAP!!!" moments.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
There are many possibilities too discuss, it will be interesting to fight others when they encorperate this Move into their stratagys

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
it's a fan made term. if it was created by designers it would b in the book dat tells u how to play or something
what the hell? Meteor smash is a term created by the game designers. It's in the booklet, in the "How to Play" video, and even in Mario's smash trophie.

Fan names consist of wavedash, shine, shorthop (or short jump), and more that I don't really know about.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
It doesn't look like this is a move that will be constantly used or used to often. Although, it would help getting away from people who like juggling you.

edit: Why is skyworld consisting only of those platforms. In the background, it's got that big temple or colosseum or something. that would be awesome to play on. But instead, we get little platforms that we can't stand on without breaking. And don't get me wrong, I'm glad we get the level at all, and the update, it just seems that that level has more potential. But, we haven't seen the whole level yet, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom