• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
^^ haha those old tiers are terrible, do you think where going to look back on our current ones and wonder wtf?

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
@ RedFishX

G&W is better than Falco for numerous reasons that have already been explained. There is no way in hell that Ike is better than DK, Bowser, Luigi, Lucas (questionable), Ivysaur, and Sheik. All those characters can own him. DK will simply murder him because his range is comparable to Ike's, and also DK has a speed advantage over him. God if I see another tier list with Ike being anywhere above Low Tier I will simply explode!

*Facepalm* -_-

RedfishX

Smash Cadet
@ RedFishX

G&W is better than Falco for numerous reasons that have already been explained. There is no way in hell that Ike is better than DK, Bowser, Luigi, Lucas (questionable), Ivysaur, and Sheik. All those characters can own him. DK will simply murder him because his range is comparable to Ike's, and also DK has a speed advantage over him. God if I see another tier list with Ike being anywhere above Low Tier I will simply explode!

Yeah. Ike really dropped as people realize more about him.

But if G&W is third, he still stays "High" tier, not top, right?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Now, I am really confused. Ike is now...low? Mid? High Mid? What? And was the face-palm towards the G&W or the Ike.

Back yourself up a little. I'll see if I can find a video of Azen's Ike in the meantime.
Ike is never going to be high tier.
I believe chozen's statement is that Azen's Ike is good so that Ike CANNOT be low tier character.

One Great person playing a character does not hide the inherit disadvantages said character has. Does that change the programming containing the values of the character and make them better? No, using the "Beat this guy" arguement is bad.

RedfishX

Smash Cadet
Ike is never going to be high tier.
I believe chozen's statement is that Azen's Ike is good so that Ike CANNOT be low tier character.
One Great person playing a character does not hide the inherit disadvantages said character has. Does that change the programming containing the values of the character and make them better? No, using the "Beat this guy" arguement is bad.
...in other words I had Ike about where he should be?

Browny

Smash Hater
^^ haha those old tiers are terrible, do you think where going to look back on our current ones and wonder wtf?
definitely

almost everyone beyond the usual top 7-8 seem to be bouncing around 10-20 positions on the suggested tiers.

I expect peach will be one of the bigger surprises in the future. after watching some of the top japanese players using her in the videos section, peach can still hold her own very well against majority of the cast.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ike is garbz, but since he isn't completely ***** against most characters, he deserves mid. Well, maybe if there were Ike mains that actually did good at major tourneys, but that seems impossible seeing how LK supposedly couldn't win **** til he changed chars, and LK is probably better than all of the Ike boards.

Azen fails to impress me with Ike.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
However, the best players will place better with better characters, also shown through tourney results.

Unless it's Azen, because Azen cheats.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Ike is garbage and mid tier? How do you suck and still remain mid? Contradiction? Lol.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Except Futiles Wario is dispelling that idea. Top tier yeah, god tier is reserved only is pretty much the rest of the cast is unplayable, which isn't the case here.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
a good snake player won't use grenades near Kirby/MK then? Bah, it's a important technique against him..

zamz

Smash Journeyman
a good snake player won't use grenades near Kirby/MK then? Bah, it's a important technique against him..
What Snake throws gernades and--instead of attacking/leaving the gernade on the ground, he picks up the gernade--when his opponent is in grabable range? Picking up the gernade leaves him open for attack against -any- player. He'll be even less likely to do it when he knows what can happen with Meta Knight's grab.

This particular move only works well if the Snake doesn't know it exists, or Meta Knight happens to beat Snake's spacing and throw him completely off guard. But once this happens to Snake once or twice and he loses because of it, he'll be extremely careful to only use gernades when Meta Knight is too far to grab.

This move doesn't even render Snake's gernades useless. It just means he has to use gernades carefully. Besides...I wasn't aware gernades were very effective against Meta Knight anyway. Besides a weak projectile that misses more than hits, it won't have too much of an impact on the match if Snake decided not to use them at all.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I wasn't talking about you shadow, I read that somewhere else on this thread. Now I can't find it -_-

RedfishX

Smash Cadet
SO many things wrong with that statement.

1) A Single Video often does not change the position of something.

2) A Single GAME doesn't change the position of something.

3) Where else can MK go? He's second and there's no way on earth he's above Snake.

4) We had a huge argument on this 2 pages back. Just because someone is good with a character, doesn't make that character good (or in this case, the best.)

Sorry, but I think Snake stays first.

poisonplatypus

Smash Rookie
what i meant to prove by this video was that ike sucks balls, i know snake will be atop at first. and i don't like meta knight, im just expressing my hatred for ike, i didn't mean to really do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom