• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraWolf

Smash Rookie
im bored

A: Snake, MK, G&W (how unusual...)
B: Marth, Falco, ROB, DeDeDe, Wario, Lucario, Olimar, Wolf, Pikachu
C: DK, Pit, Fox, Zelda, TL, Kirby, Ness, IC, Lucas, Diddy, Sonic
D: Mario, Luigi, ZSS, Peach, Yoshi, Shiek, Ike, Link, PT
E: Ganondorf, Bowser, CF, Samus, Jiggs
-Move Pikachu above Olimar.

-Move down Sonic to D tier.

-Move Ike at least above Peach.

-Personally, I'd rank Lucas higher than Ness.

Otherwise, this is the best tier list I've seen so far.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
EmblemLord said:
Blackshadow: What about anything I stated gave you the impression that I was being touchy? Was it my statement that Brawl is ****ty? It IS ****ty.

Also Snake is hax.
No, I haven't even played Brawl yet. Its that your reaction to people saying M2K would be feeling humiliated was a bit overly defensive, at least in my opinion. Take that as you will.

echos

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people haven't even touched the surface with most of the characters. It seams to me the tear list is decided by who ever lacks the least amount of effort to play as (snake, mk, g&w) as of right now. I think once people actually start trying to play this game that tear list will completely change. It's all opinion right now but I'm just saying snake and mk really don't require a large amount of skill to play as and be decent. But wtf do i know?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Its like when Azen's Marth was beaten by a Link, it doesn't change the fact that Marth has an advantage over Link.
*shrug*
Even though this isn't the place to discuss matchups I still think this match is not advantage Marth but even. With projectiles Link will force marth out of camp. Marth may take a hit or 2 coming in but he can get in easily through the air. But then link has zair for spacing and if he plays it right can outrange marth making it difficult to set up combos

I do think it is a counter tin the sense that hat a low tier character can like link can play marth who is high tier pretty evenly...

I play both Link and Marth alot so I think i know what I am talking about.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
that was in training mode and the cpu was even DIing. in a real match those combos would never happen. it was cool watching capt falcon die though.
What's so cool about watching Captain Falcon die? That wasn't even CF that was Marth. I am so confused right now...:confused:

mirkdddlhppr

Smash Cadet
woah. what is up with your top. game and watch number 1. i think your being biased if you main him. im assuming you do because hes you symbol thing. game and watch is great and he is one of my mains but not the best. he should be third. and snake is definitley number 1 and metaknight number 2. marth is probably like number 5 and falco is maybe 4 or so. the rest looks pretty ok execpt for a few mistakes here and there.
I wasn't intending to be biased or anything...my top isn't in any order. :chuckle:

JrdnS

Smash Ace
What's so cool about watching Captain Falcon die? That wasn't even CF that was Marth. I am so confused right now...:confused:
i dont know wtf i was thinking. maybe because the person said to those who think CF>jiggs click here, i was thinking the opponent was CF. i was only paying attention to jigglypuff thats why. sorry my mistake. but still those combos wouldnt have existed if the opponent was DIing.

D

Deleted member

Mario has a better projectile, a better approach,better at stringing attacks together, much better edgeguarding, and can get around campin easily which luigi cant.

Mario>Luigi son.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
Mario has a better projectile, a better approach,better at stringing attacks together, much better edgeguarding, and can get around campin easily which luigi cant.

Mario>Luigi son.
true. the only things luigi has on mario are much better recovery( side b, up b, down b) and aerial game. like mirkdddlhppr stated.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Luigi has better aerials, better range and priority, stronger smashes (for all I believe), and a better B Down and B Up (the new rest).
Mario has better edgeguarding thanks to the cape which isnt as useful as melee and FLUDD which has been over rated so the new addition seems better and a better projectile.
Luigi>>>>>Mario

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of this?

TOP TIER
Snake
Meta Knight
Mr. Game and Watch

HIGH TIER
King Dedede
Falco
Marth
ROB
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Donkey Kong
Toon Link
Fox
Wario

MIDDLE TIER

Ness
Lucas
Kirby
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Diddy Kong
Pikachu
Ike
Olimar
Mario
Zelda
Luigi
Pokémon Trainer

LOW TIER
Peach
Link
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Sheik
Sonic

BOTTOM TIER
Samus
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Yoshi

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion

TOP TIER
Snake
Meta Knight
Mr. Game and Watch

HIGH TIER
King Dedede
Falco
Marth
ROB
[BIce Climbers (Down)[/B]
Wolf
Donkey Kong
Toon Link
Fox (Down)Wario (Up)

MIDDLE TIER

Ness
Lucas
Kirby
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Diddy Kong
Pikachu (Up)
Ike
Olimar
Mario (Down)
Zelda
Luigi
Pokémon Trainer

LOW TIER
Peach
Link
Jigglypuff (Down)
Lucario (Your worst mistake, ALOT higher)
Sheik
Sonic

BOTTOM TIER
Samus
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Major mistakes bolded, other then that Solid list.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
@ Mario vs Luigi debate: Mario can't approach as well as Luigi can. In a campy game where the cape can't reflect every single projectile, that's a big point in Luigi's favor.
Also Luigi has the best dash attack in the game, no contest.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Nothing is blatantly wrong, so I think thats a pretty nice list.
Fox seems a bit too high.
Yoshi a little low.
Ike maybe down more and Zelda a little higher.
But it's good.

edit:
Mario's approach game is very nice with SH'd fireballs
and Luigi's dash attack is *** :]

Pieisthebest

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0430-8304-2774
Tell me what you think of my tier list X_X

Top Tier:

Snake
MetaKnight
G&W

High Tier:

DDD
Marth
ROB
Wario
Falco
Pikachu
zelda
Toon Link

Upper-Mid Tier:

Wolf
DK
IC
Diddy
Fox
ZSS
Kirby
Lucario
Luigi

Lower-Mid Tier:

Mario
Peach
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Lucas
Bowser
Sheik
Sonic
Yoshi

Low Tier:

Ike
Jiggs
Link
Samus

Bottom tier:

Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You are one state to close. Go away T_T.

but yeah one occurance in which a CF beats a DDD does not mean CF is a counter for DDD.

*shrug*

Its like when Azen's Marth was beaten by a Link, it doesn't change the fact that Marth has an advantage over Link.
*shrug*
I'm extremely amused that you took me seriously.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord

TOP TIER
Snake
Meta Knight
Mr. Game and Watch

HIGH TIER
King Dedede
Falco
Marth
ROB
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Donkey Kong
Toon Link
Fox
Wario

MIDDLE TIER

Ness
Lucas
Kirby
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Diddy Kong
Pikachu
Ike
Olimar
Mario
Zelda
Luigi
Pokémon Trainer

LOW TIER
Peach
Link
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Sheik
Sonic

BOTTOM TIER
Samus
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Yoshi
I think diddy kong is better then donkey kong. I always thought of him as high tier

Veng

Smash Ace
Ive actually never seen a good PT. of course I havent looked hard, but still havent seen one.

Im curious as to how metaknights at the top? I mean no surprise to me, him and pit were the ones I thought would be the new marth. But after it came out I posted how was MK doin? everyones like.. uhh crappy hes got no KO Moves, hes bad..

now hes winning all the tourneys + everyone likes him? oh btw lol@snake being at top, its true but I could absolutely not play with him.

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
Tell me what you think of my tier list X_X

Top Tier:

Snake
MetaKnight
G&W

High Tier:

DDD
Marth
ROB
Wario
Falco
Pikachu
zelda
Toon Link

Upper-Mid Tier:

Wolf
DK
IC
Diddy
Fox
ZSS
Kirby
Lucario
Luigi

Lower-Mid Tier:

Mario
Peach
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Lucas
Bowser
Sheik
Sonic
Yoshi

Low Tier:

Ike
Jiggs
Link
Samus

Bottom tier:

Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

i think this may be the best possible tier list so far, or the one i've agreed with the most. I think if anythin you gave a little>< to much credit to GW , but as a big GW fan, i'm all about that, i likke DDD being up there too, , i def think that DDD deserves the number one slot on the high tier list, and i like wario's placmennt
edit, where's pit? i would but him on upper/upper mid tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom