• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kino

Smash Cadet
Kino's Tier List

Kino's Tier List

Top Tier:
Snake
Meta Knight
Mr. Game and Watch

Very High Tier:
Marth
Falco
King Dedede
R.O.B
Olimar
Wario

High Tier:
Lucario
Pikachu
Wolf
Pit
Toon Link
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Fox
Mario

Mid Tier:
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong
Kirby
Luigi
Mario
Lucas
Ness

Low tier :
ZSS
Ike
Peach
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Bowser
Sheik

Bottom Tier:
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon

Chuong9

Smash Rookie
CHUONG'S SSBB TIER LIST 1.1

Tier 1
Snake (1)
Meta Knight (2)

Tier 2
Mr. Game & Watch (3)
Marth (4)
R.O.B. (5)
King DeDeDe (6)
Falco (7)
Wario (8)

Tier 3
Pikmin & Olimar (9)
Pit (10)
Wolf (11)
Toon Link (12)
Zelda (13)
Ice Climbers (14)

Tier 4
Pikachu (15)
Lucario (16)
Fox (17)
Donkey Kong (18)
Kirby (19)

Tier 5
Zero Suit Samus (20)
Diddy Kong (21)
Lucas (22)
Ness (23)

Tier 6
Sonic (24)
Luigi (25)
Ike (26)
Peach (27)
Samus (28)

Tier 7
Link (29)
Sheik/Zelda (30)
Pokémon Trainer (31)
Mario (32)
Bowser (33)
Jigglypuff (34)
Sheik (35)

Tier 8
Yoshi (36)
Ganondorf (37)
Captain Falcon (38)

----------

Version 1.0 (July 16, 2008)
Created Rough Tier List Based On My Thoughts

Version 1.1 (July 17, 2008)
Switched Falco And King DeDeDe (Previous: 6, 7)
Switched Pikachu And Ice Climbers (Previous: 14, 15)
Switched Fox And Lucario (Previous: 16, 17)
Switched Bowser And Mario (Previous: 32, 33)
Switched Captain Falcon And Ganondorf (Previous: 37, 38)
Switched Ness And Lucas (Previous: 22, 23)

----------

Opinions appreciated. Still pretty rough.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Wario is going to drop quite a bit on the tier list due to the grab release nonsense that can be done to him.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Fun fact: Did you know that almost half of the cast can chain grab-release Squirtle? Zelda/Shiek, Falcon, Gannondorf, DK, Dedede, Birthday Suit, Peach, Ivy, Marth, Ike, Wario, Bowser, and Yoshi can.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
The same could be said for quite a few other actually.
True but none other are played as competitively as Wario. So far, both Yoshi and ZSS can infi grab him and most characters can get a free smash off of a grab release. He is abused by grab release as much as the Earthbounders at the moment and I can only see it gettting worse.

Fun fact: Did you know that almost half of the cast can chain grab-release Squirtle? Zelda/Shiek, Falcon, Gannondorf, DK, Dedede, Birthday Suit, Peach, Ivy, Marth, Ike, Wario, Bowser, and Yoshi can.
True but that's one third of a character.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I agree with that. I think Pit should come in just under Falcon. It's perfect for him.
No way! Diddy Kong should be bottom tier, what kind of character has a projectile that can be used AGAINST him!?!

Quoting coreygames' 3333rd post makes me cool.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Why would you care about your post count anyway? O and Agreed, Pit for low tier, he'd be bottom but he haez 2 r3fl3ctorz. Srs, thtz gotz 2 count 4 s0m3thing.

And trying to be OT again, DDD needs some moar discussion. His tourney results arent slowing down and Brawl is too old for people to be still new to CG's. There's gotta be something else in there. His matchups are also not as bad as people make out.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I would care about post count enough to know how active someone is in correlation to their join date. If someone joined this month and they have 1000+ posts... they are a troll or something. If they have a 2002 join date and 10 posts, then they probably weren't very active at all during Melee.
Note: Probably was used in both situations.

However, I like to use join date more. It shows when you really got in to the competitive scene for most any person here. A lot will try to talk against it, but we all know...

DDD is good because he is Heavy, Hard to kill, CG's, has a pretty good projectile, some good range, and he dances around the hammer when you pseudo-dash dance.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yes I know he has many pro's but according to his matchups he really shouldn't be doing THIS well in tournaments. People put ROB, Falco, Marth and Wario often above him and yet he performs so well.

Also, my 06 account was hacked ;(. I was never that big on Melee anyway (in comparison to 64), Smash 64 was probably my most interested in game and the one Im best with, shame the community was so tiny in comparison to today. Dont go back to Melee people, go further back to 64!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I suppose, but it was a stepback in terms of balance and I always found 64 to be more 'fun'. Melee was a much more competive centered game while for me Smash 64 managed to cater well to both.

Anways OT again.....erm......its all been discussed, close the topix. O wait, Peach is underrated!

@coreygames

Corigames

Smash Hero
Oh... Peach is OK. She obviously got nerfed pretty hard, but she's still in tact. She just plays like she did in Melee but now worse and less effective is all. I'd put her mid or low. I really don't care much about her.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Oh... Peach is OK. She obviously got nerfed pretty hard, but she's still in tact. She just plays like she did in Melee but now worse and less effective is all. I'd put her mid or low. I really don't care much about her.
Then don't bother making tier lists (if you ever did one here, if not, disregard).

gantrain05

Smash Master
u might think they made her worse, but she didn't really get hit by the nerf bat at all, if anything, they made her arials better, her smashes are stronger, except for her Dsmash, which was broken anyway, so u go ahead and don't care about peach, and when she starts winning tourneys, then yeah go ahead and not care.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
u might think they made her worse, but she didn't really get hit by the nerf bat at all, if anything, they made her arials better, her smashes are stronger, except for her Dsmash, which was broken anyway, so u go ahead and don't care about peach, and when she starts winning tourneys, then yeah go ahead and not care.
She's not winning, but she is placing really well sometimes
more than Toon Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom