• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Cereal Tier List 2010

D

Deleted member

You've all been anxiously waiting for this day to come, so now you can stop working your jobs at the fire department, hospitals, grocery stores, and offices to take part in something that matters. There's been unparalleled clamor over the last Cereal Tier list of '03 but the marketing metagame has changed significantly and since then the Cereal Back Room has been diligently working to create a tier list.

***DISCLAIMER***

NTSC TIER LIST ONLY.

PAL's Tier List is different due to various additions to both natural and artificial flavorings from Kellogg's and General Mills. It has changed the marketing metagame overseas and includes such things as the nerfs to Trix's sugar, Captain Crunch's amazing and disjointed priority, and the buffs on Lucky Charms.

The Official Cereal Tier List in no way dictates which cereal is the best, but instead, it represents which cereal has the most potential to be enjoyed. The list shows the cereals each respectively being enjoyed by consumers with the same level of taste to their fullest flavor. Any cereal can be enjoyed the most, but there are tendencies for certain cereals to enjoy a presence in the marketing metagame more than others and that is the reason this tier list was created.

Each cereal was treated fairly amongst consumers and Back Room members with consistent testing, data recorded, and BR votes.

You've earned it men.

TOP TIER

HIGH TIER

MIDTIER

LOW TIER

BOTTOM TIER/NEGLIGIBLE

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Yes. Urkel O's are a real cereal. Google that ****.

D

Deleted member

Cinnamon Life has come to dominate the metagame in ways people could have not even predicted. It has won every major tournament since 2008 thanks to a handful of several excellent Cinnamon Life mains. Particularly the Quaker Oat Man. Less is known about the Quaker Oats Man than there is information of Pluto. He is an elusive, cunning opponent who has remained largely undefeated in his epic Cereal history.

Frosted Flakes have remained a top contender for the marketing metagame. Tony the Tiger's life mantra of, "They're More Than Good, They're Great" still holds meaning to this day 29 years after the establishment of Frosted Flakes in the cereal metagame. His bulky physique and athletic abilities make him a ferocious feline indeed.

Apple Jacks are amazing, and there's no doubt about it. Apple and Cinnamon make a ferocious duo and are even better in teams. They JV 10 Stocked Inui, the doubles God. It has been rumored that Taj and Forward ate Apple Jacks for Breakfast before defeating Ken and Isai the very first time in history.

Captain Crunch is a **** dirty ****. A true scourge upon the cereal metagame. His tactics are reminiscent of the most underhanded pirates in history including Davy Jones and Blackbeard. His sword's priority devastates opponents and makes Cheerios unplayable in the match up as Cheerios has no real disjointed range. A little known fact is that Captain Crunch is a gay lover to Jack Sparrow and his short lived brand of cereal.

Cheerios are solid, but how solid? They suffer a bad match up vs Captain Crunch due to mediocre recovery and no disjointed range. Cheerios sits in the mid tier for their ability to counterpick with sugar, cinnamon, blueberries, bananas, and strawberries. So many options for playstyles. A formidable arsenal if there were any.

The Leprechaun from Lucky Charms is good. He's inconsistent due to luck, but makes up for it with a playstyle involving camping. No matter how persistent kids are in obtaining his blessed, magical charms, the wily Leprechaun can avoid them with camping and his projectile magic. Counterpicking him is easy though as he is a pasty Irishman and withers in the sunlight. He is also an avid alcoholic, so counterpick Delfino Plaza and hope he drowns while getting burnt alive.

Urkel O's, a relic of the 1990's metagame have largely faded away due to his matchup statistics with time and the Disney Channel. His presence is still noted as a good player can take this low tier Cereal and compete with the best of the best.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch. "Why are they not higher up on the tier list?", a pretentious ****bird may ask? Well, if you must be an *** about it, I will answer you. Didn't you take science class? Cinnamon Toast Crunch has the taste you can see. And all good Cereal eaters see right through this shallow, one dimensional Cereal's mindgames. There'll be no *** clownery with this cereal.

Frosted Mini Wheats were once good back in the earlier days of the Cereal marketing metagame, but their larger size and weight lead them to getting 0-death comboed by other Cereals. Most players eat this cereal for ****s and giggles now.

God****, who eats Special K? You may as well poison yourself and sabotage any chances of winning you ever dreamed off. This estrogen infested cereal can do the metagame no good under any circumstances and only withered, effeminate shells of men eat this Cereal like Micheal Cera and The Jonas Brothers.

Trix are terrible. The Rabbit cannot combo and he always gets combo'd. He is so easy to combo that uncoordinated 7 year old kids who would rather be picking their noses while playing in a sandbox full of cat **** can 0-death combo him with a 100-0 match up.

Honorable mentions are honorable. Jiggly Puffs are good in Melee and bad in Brawl. Golden Grahams are good, but cut from the roster of Super Cereal Bros Melee to Super Cereal Bros Brawl.

Discussion below.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
****ing bull****.
Life is not that good, it's just know one knows how to play against it. Sooo overrated.

Also Honey Bunches of Oats are top tier. Everyone knows it; they've been dominating any tourneys they weren't banned at. Why were they not included?

Frosted Mini-Wheats are higher too IMO. Yea they're big and easily comboed, but they're really heavy so it takes a long time to kill them. They do amazing damage and have significant no flinch frames on several of their most important moves. Plus they can take advantage of their roman cancel better than anyone in the game.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
this is the biggest fail i have seen since ..... ever

cinnamon toast in crunch is clearly the best cereal.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i loved reading those mango threads in melee discussion. so ****ing epic.

D

Deleted member

If you guys are unhappy with your favorite Cereal's placement go out and fix it.

The Cereal Back Room will be more than happy to adjust the list once a significant change in the metagame occurs.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Guys, guys. I've been a professional cereal consumer for 18 years. That's longer than any of you have existed, probably.

And I can assure you that this list is highly flawed. My comrade DJ Nintendo and I have come up with a far more accurate list. That I'll indulge you with shortly.

First of all, WHERE is Oreo o's?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Meh no one talks about French Toast Crunch. imo that's still one of my favorites.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Ok I have some serious comments.

1. Cinnamon Toast Crunch's placement is seriously a ****in a joke. "The Taste You Can See" - just because it's "shallow" and "one-dimensional" does not rule out the fact that EVERYONE STILL ****ING FALLS FOR ITS MINDGAMES. They just taste too good.

2. Honey Bunches of Oats!!! SERIOUSLY WTF THEY ARE THE BEST CEREAL.

3. Cap'N Crunch is really overrated.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I agree with BBQ

honey bunches of oats are the ****

Cookie Crisp anyone?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
cookie crisp always gave me diarrhea, but that didn't stop me from eating cookies for mother ****ing breakfast.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
No wonder I always have a rough time at tourneys. I'm stuck on the old cereal metagame...

But I wouldn't give these cereals up for anything

And apple jacks/trix/Honey bunches of Oats but they were mentioned already. It seems they all adapted to the new metagame.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm surprised at the lack of Honey-Combs for middle tier.

A standard contender and easily the most balanced cereal for beginners.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Kix is also a solid midtier. Maybe on the upper end because it's supposed to be healthy for you.

Mike G, those are all excellent cereals, although I have to be honest and never really liked fruity pebbles.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
That list is horrible lol. I made a cereal tier list a couple years ago and the majority agreed with it. I'm gonna make an updated list and post it here on the boards.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Anyone who hasn't eaten quaker cinnamon squares is not qualified to post in this thread. Best cereal EVER.

Top Bottom