• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Cleveland Common Grounds Weekly Smashfest

FlipX

Smash Ace
I don't know if you guys can handle the heat im bringin =P j/k
But do people go up there like every weekend?

Omni2268

Smash Apprentice
It;s rare to have 'Everyone' up there at one time but there usaully is always people there every weekend. I'm up there evey weekend along with other good players but ones that aren't on the thread. Then there is the common people who are there and usually just play for fun.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll come on either Friday or Saturday, but I need to know when you plan on coming Flip, like...for sure :p

Omni2268

Smash Apprentice
Dunno on a good day theres about a group of like 10 or more of us playing smash on a bad day id say maybe 4-6 people. and cut those numbers in half and you get the number of people who actually play for competition. i guess you are right though...cleveland doesn't seem lively with smash. Either that or no one has found each other to do so.

EDIT: Ugh so i went up to commons tonight with Goofy and there were these kids playing and they would play with 10 stocks LOL longest matches ever!! But i got 19 kills in a free for all and won it too.....should have seen Goofy..it was funny. But yea tonight I will be up there along with Goofy, Adam, Jenn, and Tajj will be up there and most likely Calm! and these 2 other kids who are pretty good. Just letting you know Ed and whoever else wants to come up.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm...I'll probably be too tired to go anywhere tonight after my schedule of things to do today. I'll head up there tomorrow.

Matt, would it be ok to ask for a ride? :)

@ Soap- it is pretty lonely, especially when I'm trying to encounter more serious competitors. Other than that, it's not too bad.

Omni2268

Smash Apprentice
It's up to you, btw guys common grounds is starting to have trouble with us "gamers" now because now we aren't buying enough drinks or whatever for the time we stay there. So they put up this little sign next to the tvs saying that if we are on the tv that we have to buy a drink at least every 2 hours. Mainly cause this one guy is a douche and gets pissed cause we buy stuff on the other peoples shift and not his lol. just letting ya know.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Hmm...I'll probably be too tired to go anywhere tonight after my schedule of things to do today. I'll head up there tomorrow.

Matt, would it be ok to ask for a ride? :)

@ Soap- it is pretty lonely, especially when I'm trying to encounter more serious competitors. Other than that, it's not too bad.
If I make it up there saturday youll have more than enough competition kiddo. I bring heat son!

FlipX

Smash Ace
Are people showing up at 7:30?
I only got like a 25% chance of getting there, but in casse I do i figured id ask.

Omni2268

Smash Apprentice
Lol Flip 25% might as well say you aren't coming.

@ Philosophize - Actually the fat bald guy doesn't work there anymore i think, now its some other guy who is taking his place as the '***'

So Ed, see you tonight?? I still have your wiimote too.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Lol Flip 25% might as well say you aren't coming.

@ Philosophize - Actually the fat bald guy doesn't work there anymore i think, now its some other guy who is taking his place as the '***'

So Ed, see you tonight?? I still have your wiimote too.
Sh*t man Kings can crack Aces from time to time, cant just give up right away.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Im about to leave, ill be there around 7:30ish, people better show up to this, I had to write my college entrance essay to be able to use the car =P

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Still shaking off some cobwebs I guess. Thanks for playing with me guys, and awesome Marth Nemy, you've been keeping sharp. It's helping me out to play you all in the long-run. Fun stuff. :)

I'll win my $2 back Flip. You cost me another pop, lol.

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
KB, I really want to play you more often. I think if you had someone good to constantly play against and got back in top form you would have a lot of potential. I also, like you (I think), want to learn how to play well consistently. We should figure that out; it's ****in annoying not being able to play as well as I know I can. How far are you from Oberlin...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah I agree completely. We're rusty when compared to how well we used to play. It's not that I want to play well consistently that irritates me, it's that I slacked off for too long and it killed my consistency. I went down from being able to match 4% in-game (even with Ness at times) to what you saw tonight. Most of my buds called it quits on Melee for the most part and ran off to Brawl, so I have no one serious to stay sharp with, bleh...

It's an estimated 30 minutes from my place to Oberlin. One long trip down I-480 West. Once I get my own ride, we'll be able to practice more, or you could come over here sometime. I'm not far from Commons at all. I can't wait for us to whip each other back into shape. Bring your friend too, he's a pretty solid player. ^.^

FlipX

Smash Ace
Are you guys gonna go up again this week, I still need more practice for middle of ohia =P. Also I can bring my cube if you guys dont have one for your other t.v, so we can play more singles.

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to go up sometime during the week if you guys are...my friend and I have 3 set ups and technically two tv's between us, so we can bring all that if necessary. How are you guys for Wed, Thurs, or Fri?

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
I can do Friday, but I'd have to leave a little early...not so sure about saturday. Maybe.

Top Bottom