• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Has anyone created a code that makes the Save Replay screen pop up automatically at the results screen after every match that finishes normally or by No Contest?

If not, can someone try to?

I keep asking this because I believe it's something that, if made possible, will make a huge difference. It will prevent a lot of important tournament/crew matches from accidentally not being saved.

If this gets created, it will become a tournament staple!

sasook

Smash Champion
He knew what you were asking because he gave you the correct answer. In order to see textures on your opponent you both have to have the same textures and the .PAC files for every texture. You can stop asking now.
My bad, I didn't realize there was a limit on how many questions can be asked. God forbid I should want to learn something. <_<

Yeah, they don't work. >.>

you will NEVER be able to see his textures.
When he responded with this, I assumed he thought I wanted to see the textures my opponent has given his character - I know this is impossible.

So what you're saying is that if my opponent does not have the same hack as I do assigned to his character, his character will appear normal on my screen, and my hack will work for my character only?

That's really weird to be honest. I've seen wifi videos with texture hacks where player 1 has a hacked wii (with both character textures working) and player 2 doesn't even have a hacked wii. How come they both worked for him? Am I missing some sort of code?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Um, no? the video was just of the hacked wii?

The person with a non-hacked wii just didn't see them. unless he had the textures on the very same character and pallette number.

No one can see your textures, and you can't see their textures. simple as that. You will only see your own.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Has anyone created a code that makes the Save Replay screen pop up automatically at the results screen after every match that finishes normally or by No Contest?

I keep asking this because I believe it's something that, if made possible, will make a huge difference. It will prevent a lot of important tournament/crew matches from accidentally not being saved.

sounds annoying lol

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
My bad, I didn't realize there was a limit on how many questions can be asked. God forbid I should want to learn something. <_<

When he responded with this, I assumed he thought I wanted to see the textures my opponent has given his character - I know this is impossible.

So what you're saying is that if my opponent does not have the same hack as I do assigned to his character, his character will appear normal on my screen, and my hack will work for my character only?

That's really weird to be honest. I've seen wifi videos with texture hacks where player 1 has a hacked wii (with both character textures working) and player 2 doesn't even have a hacked wii. How come they both worked for him? Am I missing some sort of code?
If you have the PAC files you should see your textures on you opponent.

sasook

Smash Champion
Um, no? the video was just of the hacked wii?

The person with a non-hacked wii just didn't see them. unless he had the textures on the very same character and pallette number.

No one can see your textures, and you can't see their textures. simple as that. You will only see your own.
Yes, I know. I know I will see my own textures, not theirs. That's my problem. I can't see mine. There are 2 characters on my screen. My question is, why are the hacks only showing up for one of them (my character)?

EDIT:

If you have the PAC files you should see your textures on you opponent.
Oh really? Hmm. Maybe that's the problem.

Now that I think about, the hacks were showing up when my opponents were using Samus, ZSS, Sheik, and Zelda.

o_o

Thanks Finman, I think that might have been my problem. I only have .pcs files for the majority of my charactesrs.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no, that's a lie. You can't see your opponent's textures over wifi. at all.

oh and any characters with any transformation need pac files.

(which would include ZSS and samus, zelda + sheik, PT and company, Bowser, Wario, and maybe some others?)

sasook

Smash Champion
no, that's a lie. You can't see your opponent's textures over wifi. at all.
Dude, seriously, I know you can't see the textures your opponent has assigned. I've said that like 15 times. That's not my issue. I was asking why can't I see the textures I HAVE ASSIGNED when my opponent uses that character. And I think Finman gave the solution.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
um, yeah, your opponent can't use your textures. Is that what you're asking? It's because they don't have THAT texture assigned.

sasook

Smash Champion
um, yeah, your opponent can't use your textures. Is that what you're asking? It's because they don't have THAT texture assigned.
No, it's like.... hmm. It's an unusual situation, I'll try to be as clear as possible.

I have texture hacks for every character, and just about every color, lets say. Now, when I play my friend, the hacks I assigned to my characters should show up. He can't see my hacks. I can't see his. I know that. But mine should show up, for me. Correct?

So my problem was, how come that wasn't the case? How come mine weren't appearing for me? They were appearing for whoever I was using. They were not appearing for whoever my friend was using.

MEANING, they were not showing up on my end. What his end looked like, I have no idea. His textures are his, I can't see them. But if he's using Marth, and I assigned a hack to Marth, shouldn't that hack I assigned show up when he picks Marth (again, not on his screen, just mine)?

That was my problem. And I think having the .pac files fixes it for me.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no, it shouldn't. the hack you have shouldn't show up on his marth because HE DOESNT HAVE THAT HACK. IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT SCREEN.

sasook

Smash Champion
No, I mean, just showing up for me when he's using Marth. Meaning, he can't see it. Just me.

Like, I played this Samus online 3 days ago. He was using green. I have it as a Master Chief hack. He has it as Ice-suit Samus. Different hacks. According to you, since we don't have the same hacks, Samus should appear normally green (as if not hacked at all) on both screens. But she appeared as Master Chief on my screen.

Samus needs .pac files. And as I thought about it, I realized the hacks were working for Samus, PT, Bowser, Wario, ZSS, Zelda, and Sheik. AKA the people I already had .pac files for.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
funniest thing yet but im sure it's discovered already.

momentum capture 4.3: all characters get this horizontally boosted acceleration if their first jump is in one direction, regardless if its a walk or dash. What's even funnier is that it send them the opposite direction. I'm so going to record the dash stomps, warlock punchs, falcon punchs and knees this weekend or something.

So what's up with that?
I copied and pasted the code straight from the brawl+4.1b txt. I probably would have needed the file patch code if i wanted to use this code properly.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
At sasook: wrong. again.

no, if you have the master cheif hack, and he has ice suit samus hack,

you should see the master chief hack, even if he is playing as ice suit hacked one (Wait nvm I think his samus would just look normally green to you. You can see your own hacks but not his)

and he should see the ice suit hack, even if you are playing as master chief hacked one (Nvm you should look normally green to him)

or w/e

You can only see your own textures, even if other people over wifi are playing as said texture.

sasook

Smash Champion
Except that....she didnt appear as normal green Samus.

Tell you what, I'll test to see if having pac files is the solution, and let you know when I find out.

Btw I like your avi xD

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

sounds annoying lol
It's something that would only be used with Wiis in tournament.

Anybody??

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
It's something that would only be used with Wiis in tournament.

Anybody??
I think he was talking about the big letters you used being annoying, not that actual code. But I don't speak for him, so I could be wrong.

It is annoying to me when you do something like that, makes you seem like you think you're better than everyone else.

maian

Smash Apprentice
Is there anyway to have a random selector that shows which character it chose? Like the Melee random? It's all I need. Perhaps changing the button's coding itself, or causing it to randomly choosing a character when you press A in blank space? I think it's absurd that something so simple was basically deliberately left out. So please, is there any way to do this? I'm also running Brawl+ right now.

Teh Future

Smash Master
^They are in B+ code agenda thread. Its sticked.

Question: can you get custom loading screens? Im pretty sure Ive seen this. But how would I go about making one if it is possible? Even if all it is is changing the text.

Teh Future

Smash Master
There is a code that turns all franklin badges into CDs, but I can't find my Card reader and I have everthing saved on there lol. I dont think its in the code agenda thread either :/ If I find my card reader Ill post it

sasook

Smash Champion
So I tested if having pac files fixed my problem or not. Turns out they did. I could see my hacks on both me and my opponent. Thanks Finman. =)

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
So I tested if having pac files fixed my problem or not. Turns out they did. I could see my hacks on both me and my opponent. Thanks Finman. =)
No problem. I just had the same problem and realized it happened when I cleared some PACs from SD card to make more room. It doesn't bother me though.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Is there a code to hear different music on different stages while playing *WIFI*?

I read a thread and it changes it for Offline...but you freeze online...I tested it and I'd freeze.

Is there one for Wi-Fi anywhere?

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
my parents dont want to buy legal games for the wii (so we have a backup loader)
my question now is: how can i play brawl + on the backup loader?

i have a homebrew channel and gecko (version 1.9... something)
with gecko i cant load the disc (because i use backup loader) pretty obvious...
but when i load the backup channel i get an error.

i know everybody wants everybody to buy it legally.... but my parents just wont... (too expensive)

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
Is there a code to hear different music on different stages while playing *WIFI*?

I read a thread and it changes it for Offline...but you freeze online...I tested it and I'd freeze.

Is there one for Wi-Fi anywhere?
You could do true music swap which loads .brstm files from your SD card so it works fin on and offline and you can use your own mp3s rather than just the songs already in the game.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241578

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So I put in the code for Unlimited Masterpiece Time, but when I try to play the masterpieces, it wont even start. I think it has something to do with the rebooter, I have Gecko 1.9.1

Any way I can fix this?

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
I just downloaded the 1.5 version of BCSM-GUIv1.5 (to create brstm files AND shove them into your SD Card) and made a few brstm files out of real mp3 files of my own music collection I listen to....and yeah groovy --- BUT I can't get them working on my Brawl. I tried replacing all of Final Destinations / Battlefield music with a bunch of brstms I made but they never played when I went in game.

I have a 2 Gigabyte memory SD card (it's not SDHC) and this is what my file directory looks like:

SD Card: > private > wii > APP > RSBE > pf > sound > strm > (all the brstms that were named BY the program in the original post listed here)

File names for the brstms are like
T01.brstm
T02.brstm
T03.brstm
etc etc etc

The BCSM GUI program thing named them for me but they're not playing....anyone know why?

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
I dunno what you mean by protected. I'm using songs from other games sound tracks (Xenogears)

Edit:

Also, where can I make vBrawl pac files for some of the textures on my SD Card so when I play online I can see the sweet textures from characters I don't play when random opponents choose them?

This is sorta related to the question that was said at the top of this page when it was resolved by finman.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
You also need the newest version of PW's SD loader code, 3.5.1 I THINK. And make sure that you reset your old music swap codes or else you'll be trying to replace songs that aren't there.

Top Bottom