• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I have a feeling there's no solution to my problem, but I'm really getting irritated, so here goes....

In debug mode (using the debug pause & button modifier hacks), sometimes when I press Z to go from frame to frame, the character will perform whatever action is assigned to the Z button.

This happens randomly, and although it goes away eventually, the length of time I have to wait for the effect to disappear varies (sometimes as little as 1 minute.... sometimes up to 10 minutes). It's making frame data testing take a lot longer than it should, and I'm getting really frustrated.

Are there any solutions to this problem? A few of the things I've tried:

- Putting on the unrestricted button assignment hack and changing Z from grab to jump. Worked for a while, but now it's up to its old shenanigans again.

- Restarting the match. Sometimes this works, but usually it doesn't.

- Restarting the game. This seems to work, but the problem happens so frequently that restarting the game every time it happens would be even more annoying than just waiting it out.

- Using 3 controllers to test things. Works, but I only have two hands, so I gave up on that pretty quickly....​

Any suggestions are much appreciated. I've just about had it with this. :mad:

Almas

Smash Lord
The Frame Speed Modifier code is usually packaged with another code that disables the effects of Z.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The Frame Speed Modifier code is usually packaged with another code that disables the effects of Z.
Thanks, I'll try that. :)

It sounds like exactly what I was looking for (a way to disable the Z button).

Xaej

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, quick request:

Is there a code to make Ness' bat quicker (preferably as quick as Lucas' twig)?

Thanks in advance!

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I requested this code a couple days ago don't know if it was brought up. But is there a code that allows for multiple tether recoveries like zss? This would greatly help ivy. I picked him up in brawl+ and he is so good. Multiple up b for ivy added with his faster over B would make ivy a legitimate contender at high level play since he will no longer be able to be gimped as easy as he is now. Even with this code it should still be fairly easy to gimp ivy but still it gives him more options on getting back to the stage. I know there is the infinite up b but i only want it to be for tether recoveries.

However if this code does exist or is made in the future yet isn't added to the official set i'll probably disregard it but for right now it would be fun to see how it adds to ivy's game.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to allow meteor cancels to be done with the jump buttons?

Also, is there a way to make setting the C-stick to 'attack' not cause jumping if you time things wrong?

Rudra

Smash Ace
I requested this code a couple days ago don't know if it was brought up. But is there a code that allows for multiple tether recoveries like zss? This would greatly help ivy. I picked him up in brawl+ and he is so good. Multiple up b for ivy added with his faster over B would make ivy a legitimate contender at high level play since he will no longer be able to be gimped as easy as he is now. Even with this code it should still be fairly easy to gimp ivy but still it gives him more options on getting back to the stage. I know there is the infinite up b but i only want it to be for tether recoveries.

However if this code does exist or is made in the future yet isn't added to the official set i'll probably disregard it but for right now it would be fun to see how it adds to ivy's game.
Well, Ivy's pretty good as it stands imo, but should an UpB buff be added, it should only be usable one more time since Ivy gets a bit of a jump upon using it. I also do wonder if its really necessary though, as Ivy already has a great ground game and aerial game too. =P

Anyways, should a code really come about on this, it should only be 2 UpBs, and there should probably be 1/2 a second before you can use it again I think. ;)

Wait, if Ivy did get that, shouldnt Olimar get it too?

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Well, Ivy's pretty good as it stands imo, but should an UpB buff be added, it should only be usable one more time since Ivy gets a bit of a jump upon using it. I also do wonder if its really necessary though, as Ivy already has a great ground game and aerial game too. =P

Anyways, should a code really come about on this, it should only be 2 UpBs, and there should probably be 1/2 a second before you can use it again I think. ;)

I agree about only using it once more. Even though zss can use it over and over again in a actual match if she misses her up b more then likely she only has enough time to do it once more before dieing anyway.

And yea i guess oli does deserve it as well.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Each time I load the 4.0 Beta codes the game freezes on the "SD Codes Found, Applying" Screen, help?

It says "SD Codes Found, Applying" then it freezes and I have to turn off my Wii,

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
Bakuryu,

That request, as Almas said, isn't going to be possible. From the best reasoning I can come up with, it is a problem with the Wii. Here's why:

The Nintendo Gamecube used its own Nintendo Gamecube controllers, complete with multiple styles of input allowing for "degree" input. For example, the ability to achieve different results from pressing the triggers all the way down versus part of the way down.

The Nintendo Wii, however, was not necessarily designed for Nintendo Gamecube controllers, but rather is simply compatible with them. The Wii is designed for its own WiiMote style controller, which does not (to the best of my knowledge) have an input method similar to this and, therefore, the console had no need to recognize that input.

So unless something monumental happens to change that, we're out of luck on that one, sorry =)
Well, the Wii recognizes light trigger press on a Gamecube controller if you play a gamecube game. Just wanted to point that out.

SSD

Smash Journeyman

Actually, the one time I played around with the infinite upB thing, I noticed that repeated use of olimar's upB does not give him unlimited recovery. the ending lag on the move means he will fall further than he rises before being able to do it again. It's like Yoshi's egg throw, except the 'hop' if a lot smaller.

Revven

FrankerZ
Each time I load the 4.0 Beta codes the game freezes on the "SD Codes Found, Applying" Screen, help?

It says "SD Codes Found, Applying" then it freezes and I have to turn off my Wii,
Try loading it again a few hours later, some times, if it's frozen before in-game at one point and you try to reload Gecko with the same codes that it froze on you before, it'll stall on Applying Codes and you'll have to either boot Brawl normally first and then load Gecko or wait awhile.

If that isn't your problem, then it may be possible that you are messing up on putting the gcts in the wrong folders. Please make sure SD loader is in codes and the Brawl+ set is in pf.

camelot

Smash Ace
I know custom texture codes are possible, would it be possible for music/sounds? Replacing some hit effect sounds with Melee ones would be pretty fun... think Falcon's knee or Mario's f-air, they sounded way better and more cartoony IMO, and more like you just bashed their face in. Slash sounds, too.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I know custom texture codes are possible, would it be possible for music/sounds? Replacing some hit effect sounds with Melee ones would be pretty fun... think Falcon's knee or Mario's f-air, they sounded way better and more cartoony IMO, and more like you just bashed their face in. Slash sounds, too.
Here, I think that Phantom made this:

SFX Hit Modifier (modifies sounds of hits)
C2744A20 00000002
3C00X1X2 6000X3X4
60000000 00000000

X1X2X3X4
06200000 slash
07A00000 slash
11B80000 Fire
27A00000 Frying Pan
2BA00000 Tennis Racket
2DA00000 Aura
44200140 hit
46200000 slash
47A00000 slash
49A00000 Coin
79A00000 Electricity
85A01000 Darkness
86800000 Slash
8A200000 Screech Attack
8F2009E8 Electricity
90A00000 Fire

Xaej

Smash Cadet
So the Wii only recognizes partial press in gamecube mode? thats can't be possible.
Hmm.. actually I think it's something like this (granted this is merely speculation on my part):

The Wii runs the Gamecube games through a built-in "emulator" of sorts. An emulator is designed to act as a completely virtual version of the console it is emulating. Since the Gamecube recognized this "partial pressing", it's "emulator" on the Wii does so as well.

Again, however, since the WiiMote itself does not have these capabilities, the Wii was not designed to recognize this function in Wii games, since using it would be impossible. (Granted that was before considering people would be using the Gamecube controller for Wii Games more than they do the WiiMote.)

Revven

FrankerZ
if this hasnt already been mentioned... can we try to get rid of warios chaingrab on some chars with his dthrow? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bYAb-DTp2M&feature=related kinda like pikachus one lol, but on more of the cast
It only works on FFer's (CF, Fox, Falco) and Bowser and Ganondorf and it can only go up to 45%. There's really no way to fix it yet, and even if we do fix it, it could ruin the options he has from Dthrow (turnaround Jab, turnaround Dtilt, and etc.) I've already told The Cape and everyone in the B+broom, don't really know what we're gonna do with it.

jalued

Smash Lord
It only works on FFer's (CF, Fox, Falco) and Bowser and Ganondorf and it can only go up to 45%. There's really no way to fix it yet, and even if we do fix it, it could ruin the options he has from Dthrow (turnaround Jab, turnaround Dtilt, and etc.) I've already told The Cape and everyone in the B+broom, don't really know what we're gonna do with it.
what about making one of his other throws more combo friendly, like upthrow. except that might be a bit unfair since his main finisher is upair :p couldnt u reduce the lag on his upthrow, since i know u cant do knockback yet

Rudra

Smash Ace
Actually, the one time I played around with the infinite upB thing, I noticed that repeated use of olimar's upB does not give him unlimited recovery. the ending lag on the move means he will fall further than he rises before being able to do it again. It's like Yoshi's egg throw, except the 'hop' if a lot smaller.
Okay, so Olimar's should be exempted from the 1/2 second thing. How did the code work with Ivy? Was (s)he able to use it multiple times rapidly?

5 - Switch between Samus/Zamus
4 - Reset SD upon hitting ground (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6913075&postcount=40)
3 - Ganon/Falcon get back their 2nd jump after aerial DownB
3 - No Footstool Jumps/Map Footstool Jumps to Another Button
3 - Sweetspot Knee from Falcon="Yes!"
2 - No bomb rain when sudden death goes on too long
2 - Remove Limit on amount of Vault data that can be sent
2 - Save taunt comment data in replays
2 - Name Specific Random Character Choices (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....&postcount=204)
2 - Ivysaur/Olimar can UpB twice (1/2 a second of lag for Ivy's?)
1 - Ability to store "stats" inside the Wiimote along with your tag and button config (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7056100&postcount=235)
1 - Random stage selection biased (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....&postcount=218)
1 - Show +1/-1 in any match type (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6913382&postcount=41)
1 - Stock Stamina mode
1 - Kirby Kills Opponant when he eats them
1 - Opponants cannot escape when Kirby eats them
1 - Kirby shoots opponant out with more power
1 - CPUs have names
1 - No Respawn Invincibility
1 - Double Jump Canceling
1 - Shield colour modifier
1 - Replace Stock Icons with Character Icons (Melee Style)
1 - Snake can move around in box
1 - Rock, Paper, Scissors code (Player 1 would be extra strong against P2, P2 would be strong against P3, and P3 strong against P1)
1 - Grab While in the air
1 - Skip intro movie/Wiimote safety warning
1 - Start match with no Pikmin as Olimar
1 - Hold Z to skip a Pokemon on death*
1 - FLUDD/Water Gun pushes the opponent a little further
1 - Taunt Canceling
1 - JC Grabs
1 - CC affects KB on weak moves (disabled during crawl)
1 - Ability for D3 to attack with A button instead of picking up Waddle when standing on one.
1 - Ability to store "stats" inside the Wiimote along with your tag and button config (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7056100&postcount=235)
1 - Samus' bombs explode on impact
1 - Hold B to charge Shieks needles
1 - 'Ninja Mode' (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7069054&postcount=243)
1 - Autosave Replays (with the ability to save to the SD card or Wii Memory)
1 - Disable tap jump on the WiiMote Controler
*I changed my request about input affecting Pokemon change to this. Basically, you hold Z to skip a Pokemon on death, so if you died as Squirtle, you bring in Charizard, ect.

I think I got the last few requests from a few pages back. I'd also like to request that DK doesnt go helpless after a Giant Punch.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I was wondering where you guys think Ivy stacks up on the "tier list". I played her the other day and she's pretty amazing.

Also noticed some people want to give her mutiple UpBs.......that'd make he a bit OP IMHO

Rudra

Smash Ace
I was wondering where you guys think Ivy stacks up on the "tier list". I played her the other day and she's pretty amazing.

Also noticed some people want to give her mutiple UpBs.......that'd make he a bit OP IMHO
I'm not too sure about the double UpB myself, but if there's some cooldown lag between the first and last UpB (just a little, so that (s)he could fall a bit further after the first), I wouldnt really have a problem with it. As it stands, the only tool Ivy has to take care of edgehoggers is Razor Leaf, but I *think* with this code, Vine Whipping them would become a feasable option, and make Ivy's recovery a little less gimpable overall. (It would also be "fair" when considering Zamus can do it multiple times and has 3 jumps, and TL/Link/Sheik do not have to rely on it as much, while Ivy/Oli has to, though that's just my opinion.)

However, it does strengthen an inherant character weakness that (s)he has: Recovery. Ivy's already pretty tough to deal with in the air and even moreso on the ground. Actually, Ivy can be compared to VBrawl Link in that way: Great ground game, decent air game, good projectile (projectiles for Link), but a really bad recovery. Should we really strengthen Ivy's main weakness, even if its just by a little? And what of Olimar? He's plays pretty well too right? Should he get another chance to UpB too when its one of his main weaknesses (Aside from killable Pikmin)?

I'm pretty neutral on the matter as it stands, but I'd love to hear what you guys think about this...

EDIT: As for tiering Ivy alone, I'd say that's going to be quite difficult to say where (s)he stands with everyone being so viable now. ^-^; We'll have to wait for tourney results if anything.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
This is something that popped up in discussion between my friend and I while we were playing some friendlies and went to Wario Ware.
Right now the stage is frozen so it always stays in the elevator. Would there be a way to turn the stage into an only minigame stage? As in skip the elevator section in between. Just for fun :p

And I also put my vote in having Falcon say "YES!" when he sweetspots a knee.

jog

Smash Journeyman
For texture hacks I have some Toon Link textures and a MK texture, and I know they need to be named perfect or else they won't work. I.E. ROB needs to be Robot and Jigglypuff needs to be Purin. What do I need to name MK and TL? So far I've tried MetaKnight, Meta, and MK and for Toon Link I've tried ToonLink, Toon, and TL.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Meta Knight: metaknight
Toon Link: toonlink

the textures must have "fit" before the name and the texture number after, or else they don't work...it happened to me where the metroid trainer dint have metroid (squirtle). turns out I forgot to add "fit" to the beginning.

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Can I get a Custom SSS code that splits Castle Siege into 3 separate stages, so if I combine it with a Level Freeze code they'd be 3 unique stages.

And I'm sure a custom SSS code to split the D/P Pokemon stage into Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia stages wouldn't be too hard either.

Oh and I've seen the Corneria stage mod, can anyone tell me if it's any good, as in is it more like Melee?

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
is there a code that lets u send as many replay data and pics, instead of waiting until tomorrow

polyopulis

Smash Cadet
how about a code that changes the buffer for a specific attack? such as pika's QA?
with a buffer of 2 (i think, whatever is in brawlplusary 4.0) i find it hard to QAC. i want a bigger window to input an attack before pikachu lands on the ground after a QA into the ground.
tys
4.0 has the default buffer of 2 frames, but you can customize your buffer with the new handicap.

1 for 1 frame, 10 for Brawl's default, 10 frames.
*quote has been edited

so the answer is no, you cannot change the buffer on a specific move? the only way to change the buffer on a move is to change it on all moves?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
*quote has been edited

so the answer is no, you cannot change the buffer on a specific move? the only way to change the buffer on a move is to change it on all moves?
It's possible. Before we had the teching codes and before we had the buffer = handicap code, spunit made a code which caused buffer during tumble to be 10, while setting it to 2 at all other times, which was supposed to make teching slightly easier since we were playing on 2 buffer at the time with brawl's default teching system. So yes, it's possible, although someone would still have to make it.

It's also really kinda unnecessary when you have the buffer = handicap code available and if you want you can just put on 10 buffer while you're playing that character.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
I have one code request thats actually kinda simple I think.
Would it be possible to map TILTS to the D-Pad in the Wiimote+Nunchuk setting?

I know you can map ATTACK to the D-Pad but it´s Neutral A on every "arrow" of the D-Pad. What Im lookin for is a way to map DTilt to Down, FTilt to Left and Right and UTilt to Up.

Since its possible to map them into the C-Stick in the GC Controller, I thought it would be possible to do it in the Wiimote+Nunchuk setting :)

Would it be possible? Thanks in advance.

camelot

Smash Ace
How about, the buffer is set to default (10) when in jump-start animation? Then you could do "instant aerials" from jumps with low buffer (0-2).

Don't know if you guys have thought of this before or not, or how it would really work out, but it seems like an interesting idea

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is something that popped up in discussion between my friend and I while we were playing some friendlies and went to Wario Ware.
Right now the stage is frozen so it always stays in the elevator. Would there be a way to turn the stage into an only minigame stage? As in skip the elevator section in between. Just for fun :p
Hmm, that makes me wonder, is there a code that removes the 'rewards' from the minigames?

And I also put my vote in having Falcon say "YES!" when he sweetspots a knee.
I'd hit that :D

Revven

FrankerZ
How about, the buffer is set to default (10) when in jump-start animation? Then you could do "instant aerials" from jumps with low buffer (0-2).

Don't know if you guys have thought of this before or not, or how it would really work out, but it seems like an interesting idea
But really... what's the point? You have Handicap = buffering now so just change your buffer to suit the character you play as. We don't need anymore buffering codes now because the one above is perfect.

Top Bottom