• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Wow, the SP Knee="Yes!" Code is certainly in high demand!
and it's easy too.
Code:
Reverse Knee fix
09065023 00169033
135D1E03 00200000
85A00000 RRRR0000
SSSSSSSS 00000000

RRRR- insert default  launch angle here
SSSSSSSS- insert code for "HYESZ!" SFX here
what bugs me is that it's a simple code, yet no one wants to fill in the blanks, or at least give us the values so others could do it themselves.

jalued

Smash Lord
i know this isnt needed atm, but i think that we need to create a seperate picture for squirtle, ivy and charizard when they are used seperately. having the normal PT picture once u select the character is ok i guess, but it doent give the game that polished feel, like it hasnt been hacked at all. its fine with zelda/sheik, because they are meant to be able to change, sheik is zeldas otehr half and it should stay that way. however for the wild pokemon it really should just be a single picture.

oh and can u get rid of the annoyign pokemon trainer when playing wild pokemon?

Almas

Smash Lord
Hitbox information can be found by asking someone with a USBGecko to find it. I'll talk with Team Giza - he's constructing a list of hitbox data for many characters, so he may be willing to share it in an unfinished state. Bear in mind that the list of USBGecko owners is marginal (maybe about 7 on these boards), and the list of hackers is even more limited.

Animation IDs draw from a common list, which I'm sure someone will be willing to post. However, the list is largely incomplete, as some animations are very rare (for example, there are many different animation IDs for Side B to accomodate for a character like Marth, but very few characters tap into them).

Information on filling out both codes can be found in the Code Agenda thread, in the first few posts.

Also, the "Reverse Knee Fix" thing posted there is not a code, but rather a subsection of the Hitbox Modification Data Code, which also requires the Hitbox Modification and Character ID Fix codes.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
Hold L for Level Freeze [6 Lines] Almas
215E25D8 00000000
8000000F 3F800000
284DE4B0 000001C0
8000000F 00000000
E2000002 80008000
8420000F 9016A904

Do this during the level select screen

does this code do what i think it does? i put this on, held L while i selected pokemon staduim, and it still transformed like normal.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hitbox information can be found by asking someone with a USBGecko to find it. I'll talk with Team Giza - he's constructing a list of hitbox data for many characters, so he may be willing to share it in an unfinished state. Bear in mind that the list of USBGecko owners is marginal (maybe about 7 on these boards), and the list of hackers is even more limited.
Ah! Yes! Giza's doing exactly what I hoped would happen! If that data is clearly labeled and given to the public, I'll be overjoyed! Please tell me that's what's happening! Or just tell Giza that's what he should do :chuckle:.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
The YES code would make my day. I already used tex hax to make captain falcon into viewtiful joe, so you can see why this code would complete it.

Also, does anyone know the code for adding auto l cancel to specific moves?

hiROI

Smash Lord
Hey do you know where I can find the code to switch the music. For example, Midna's Lament while playing on Battlefield? greatly appreciated

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
I have heard that playing in "With anyone" matches causes your wifi to be blocked if you have hacks downloaded onto it. Lets say I have brawl hacks. If I play the Conduit (when it's out) in FFA's with anyone, would they also be able to block wifi?

billy1774

Smash Rookie
i really need help i got the texture hacks and i need those three codes to use them well i put the txt file on my wii/txtcodes and it only lets me activate one. so then i checked the file and all three codes are there its just when i go to wiicm only the first one shows up

camelot

Smash Ace
This might sound really weird, but is there a code to change what characters/status appear on Classic Mode? I play Classic sometimes when I play by myself, and it's annoying when almost every stage is a metal/giant/team battle and no regular 1v1's. I don't mind the items, though.

Xaej

Smash Cadet
I thought of one more code of hilarity for C Falc.

Not only should he yell "YES!" on the sweetspotted knee, the crowd should cheer "Falcon! Falcon! Falcon!" literally the entire match any time Captain Falcon is selected. Lol... Show me your lolz.

Almas

Smash Lord
News implies people are working on the codes.

If you want to create such a thing, then learn how to use the hitbox data mod, go on the IRC, and persuade a USB Gecko owner to get the hitbox data for Toon Link's dair for you. Then do it yourself.

Reposting the same thing over and over won't motivate someone to do it.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Since my friend doesn't have an account, he asked me to post this for him.

My friend wants to know if it's possible to hack certain moves onto a character instead of a whole moveset onto the chosen character. After he hacks his Wii, he wants to download a Mewtwo texture for Lucario, and change some of Lucario's moves to resemble that of Mewtwo in Melee. (For example, he wants to give Lucario Wolf's fair, maybe Yoshi's bair since it's the closest to Mewtwo bair).

I guess this is the right place to post this. It would be useless to make an individual thread on this.

Almas

Smash Lord
I don't believe such a thing is easily (or at all) possible. Using certain costume codes we may be able to change the hitboxes of a specific move to emulate the changes desired. But it'd be a lot of legwork.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't believe such a thing is easily (or at all) possible. Using certain costume codes we may be able to change the hitboxes of a specific move to emulate the changes desired. But it'd be a lot of legwork.
Ok, I just wanted to know so I can tell my friend. He'll just have to deal with no Mewtwo. Thanks Almas for letting me know.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I did a thorough search, and I still couldn't find any mention of this, so I guess I'll post it.

Is it at all possible to make perfect shielding reflect projectiles (like how it did in Melee)? I'm assuming it isn't (or possibly really difficult), since the subject hasn't even popped up, but it shouldn't hurt to ask.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
whats the code to automatically have the game options on stock match? and how does the level freezer code work (hold L?)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I have heard that playing in "With anyone" matches causes your wifi to be blocked if you have hacks downloaded onto it. Lets say I have brawl hacks. If I play the Conduit (when it's out) in FFA's with anyone, would they also be able to block wifi?
Just don't go onto WiFi with hacks on.

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
is it possilbe to toggle on/off specific codes?

so that, say, i could play regular brawl but with inf. replays, on the same SD card as my B+ data?

Also, i just got done playing B+ for the first time a few mins ago, and i just want to say i LOVE what youve done to it... every character is broken :D and i mean that in a good way.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I got a code request, Is it possible for nicknames to have more than 5 letters?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
is it possilbe to toggle on/off specific codes?

so that, say, i could play regular brawl but with inf. replays, on the same SD card as my B+ data?

Also, i just got done playing B+ for the first time a few mins ago, and i just want to say i LOVE what youve done to it... every character is broken :D and i mean that in a good way.
I think you can use the screenshot method for loading hacks, and use two different screenshots with the two different codesets in it.

So I did a thorough search, and I still couldn't find any mention of this, so I guess I'll post it.

Is it at all possible to make perfect shielding reflect projectiles (like how it did in Melee)? I'm assuming it isn't (or possibly really difficult), since the subject hasn't even popped up, but it shouldn't hurt to ask.
It'll be implemented when the code is made.

melee54

Smash Rookie
Hello all. I used to have an account here years ago, but I've forgot the login info...

Anyway, I tried out Brawl+ about a month ago. I'm about to try out 4.0, but I'm wanting to know one thing first.

Is there any way to enable "normal" air dodging, like how brawl intended? I've gotten so used to brawl that I can't stand not being able to air dodge after being hit, or press shield when I hit the ground in order to get back up. Which codes should I mess with in order to have Brawl+, minus the disabling of air dodging? Thanks...

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
...i dont know how to do that... will you help me?
You don't put the codes onto the SD card, but you put them in a folder on your computer called pc. If you don't have it, create it. Put codemanager on it, along with as many txt files (WITH CODES ON THEM!) as you want, plus the files that go with codemanager. Just google codemanager v. 1.1, download it, unzip it, put all 3 files in the extracted folder onto a folder called pc, add txt files onto it. Then, use codemanager, press file, click on "load txt file", select codes that you want to use, export to GCT with the SD card in, press OK, and play by loading the codes through Gecko OS. Simple.

Mit

Smash Ace
Gonna throw a general Brawl+ question in here.

Why exactly is no auto-sweetspot ledges a default code for Brawl+? I've heard it's to make people think about their recoveries more, but to me it sounds like "to make Brawl+ like Melee."

It's a rather large nerf to a lot of characters who require it, because their recoveries can be edgehogged Melee-style quite easily. Or, if you try to avoid that and recover onto the stage, you're almost always punished for it by your opponent.

In vanilla Brawl I think it's a large part of the off-stage game for characters that use it, such as Captain Falcon. It adds a lot to his off-stage game, but when you take it out, whenever you're off-stage, your only thoughts are "how the hell am I going to get back without being gimped or punished", and usually you can't. When it's in you can consider aerial attack options without worrying about being gimped as much, and can recover quickly if you're opponent isn't able to edgehog you fast enough.

For some characters, sure, they just have to time their recoveries good, like Mario for instance. He'll grab the ledge at the peak of up-B with no auto sweetspot, so you just have to space yourself correctly from the edge so you grab it at the right time (and if you edgehog wrong you might get stagespiked). With Falcon, you have to space it right, and pray to god after he does his flip and can no longer grab opponents, that his opponent hasn't been camping on the ledge for the last 10 seconds, because he still won't be able to grab it.

To me it looks like the entire thing is a big unnecessary nerf to characters who need it. By taking it out you reduce the amount of offstage combat elements a lot of characters can use, and essentially make the offstage game more like Melee for them, which is what I always hear Brawl+ is not trying to be.

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
ok, i got he only inf. replay code to work... but now i cant load B+ ????

i havent deleted anything, all i did was put the .txt file into my (txtcodes) folder.

whats the problem now?

once im in Gecko how do i chose if i want to play vBrawl or B+ ?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO

Why exactly is no auto-sweetspot ledges a default code for Brawl+? I've heard it's to make people think about their recoveries more, but to me it sounds like "to make Brawl+ like Melee."

It's a rather large nerf to a lot of characters who require it, because their recoveries can be edgehogged Melee-style quite easily. Or, if you try to avoid that and recover onto the stage, you're almost always punished for it by your opponent.

In vanilla Brawl I think it's a large part of the off-stage game for characters that use it, such as Captain Falcon. It adds a lot to his off-stage game, but when you take it out, whenever you're off-stage, your only thoughts are "how the hell am I going to get back without being gimped or punished", and usually you can't. When it's in you can consider aerial attack options without worrying about being gimped as much, and can recover quickly if you're opponent isn't able to edgehog you fast enough.

For some characters, sure, they just have to time their recoveries good, like Mario for instance. He'll grab the ledge at the peak of up-B with no auto sweetspot, so you just have to space yourself correctly from the edge so you grab it at the right time (and if you edgehog wrong you might get stagespiked). With Falcon, you have to space it right, and pray to god after he does his flip and can no longer grab opponents, that his opponent hasn't been camping on the ledge for the last 10 seconds, because he still won't be able to grab it.

To me it looks like the entire thing is a big unnecessary nerf to characters who need it. By taking it out you reduce the amount of offstage combat elements a lot of characters can use, and essentially make the offstage game more like Melee for them, which is what I always hear Brawl+ is not trying to be.
You probably should have posted this in either the brawl+ q&a thread, the competitive code agenda thread, or the brawlplussery 4.0 thread but I actually agree with you.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
ok, i got he only inf. replay code to work... but now i cant load B+ ????

i havent deleted anything, all i did was put the .txt file into my (txtcodes) folder.

whats the problem now?

once im in Gecko how do i chose if i want to play vBrawl or B+ ?
Was the folder on the SD card, or the computer? You do not load Brawl+ in the same game. You can load Brawl+ if you do not use the method that I posted, just the same way that you did before.

Mit

Smash Ace
You probably should have posted this in either the brawl+ q&a thread, the competitive code agenda thread, or the brawlplussery 4.0 thread but I actually agree with you.
Ah, I figured it fit here due to "Official Code Q&A", and I didn't want to make a thread about it, so I was looking for the correct Q&A, but yeah, apparently this wasn't the best one.

R.O.B.O.T.

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering, is it possible to make custom stage textures on a computer then insert them into brawl with the dynamic sd card loader?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I thought I'd ask here as my original post was ignored (even though it pertains to this section probably better).

The pause/debug code that was released, whilst using it I realised that I could not in 'debug' mode get a dacus to come out on any character.
I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to, with the debug code replicate a dash attack to a cancelled up smash?

Also has anyone updated/upgraded the original debug code? Things like it ignoring c stick inputs, relying on the z button and replays going desynced are issues that I wonder if they've been resolved?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

I don't see how it is a nerf at all. The characters affected by it can all sweetspot the ledge with proper spacing and aiming. Even characters like Ness and Diddy just need some practice to get used to the new aiming system and they are able to recover fine. I don't see how auto sweetspot ledges adds to an offstage game either, so at least clarify what you are trying to get at here. Isn't a character's offstage game their ability to attack and play offensively off the stage? How does your ability to recover affect your ability to attack off stage? Your Up B still goes the same distance, so it isn't like you now can't go as far offstage to gimp and get back safely.

It also opens up a whole new world to characters. The ability to gimp a poorly timed recovery attempt is a whole new part of the game that vBrawl just didn't have. Recovery should be able to be punished if done incorrectly. With just a little practice, spacing recovery will become second nature. I don't think it makes it like Melee. Smash 64 had it too. So it isn't like this is a Melee specific thing we are trying to emulate. It adds another element to the game that doesn't hinder it (unless you can explain what you are thinking to me) while adding depth in other aspects. And auto sweetspotting makes the ledge game too powerful in vBrawl; it is a poor aspect of the game that was taken out for competitive purposes. You should be able to punish a poor recovery, and at the same time recovering shouldn't be so guaranteed like it is in vBrawl.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I thought I'd ask here as my original post was ignored (even though it pertains to this section probably better).

The pause/debug code that was released, whilst using it I realised that I could not in 'debug' mode get a dacus to come out on any character.
I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to, with the debug code replicate a dash attack to a cancelled up smash?

Also has anyone updated/upgraded the original debug code? Things like it ignoring c stick inputs, relying on the z button and replays going desynced are issues that I wonder if they've been resolved?

some inputs are actually time based not frame based (such as the c-stick), making the cstick extremely difficult to use, and making a DACUS next to impossible to do in debug mode.

at least as best as I can tell.

Top Bottom