• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

junrob

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards community.
I need some help.

I just recently tried to play as the alloys.
But it didn't work.
I was using the Brawl+ 5.0 codeset, hold sheild for giga+company v2, giga and company engine v2, alloy victory/loss poses, PW's stage roster expansion codes, and a CSS fix code for use with PW's CSS organizer.

Can anyone give me a clue to why it's not working?
You just hold L or R after selecting Mario, Captain Falcon...etc. until the match starts right?

Wave3

Smash Cadet
can someone work on the code for manual lag cancelling? at least send me the one thats out now with the variables i need

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
After using CSS Organizer, for some reason I can't go back to using just codes. Whenever I don't have the pac file inside my menu2 folder, it just freezes right before the CSS loads. Anyone know how to fix this?

camzy

Smash Journeyman
i believe that you can do it through BBox, but i'm not sure.

no, what you are seeing is your texture playing off of your sd card. the texture data is not transfered over wifi. it is a localized edit to your game. the reason both people see the same texture when they both have it on their sd card is because the same texture is being loaded locally on their wiis. its why if you save a recording of you playing with textures and then send it to your friend they will see the same fight (assuming same codeset) but with whatever textures they have set up on their sd. their is no file transfer over wifi outside of button input.

hence, if you have the ragna ike texture on your sd but the other person does not, you will see ragna on your wii even though he won't see it on his.
I didn't say there was file transfer :confused:

Just that you can play with textures online IF you have the .pac file.

I don't know what you are arguing over.

Prawn

Smash Master
So for my senior project I'm making a custom character + texture. I have my idea and everything and have been screwing around with brawlbox and smash attacks, but I'm definitely still really clueless when it comes to a lot of the stuff.

It there anyone who would be willing to consult with me every so often and sort of "take me under their wing" and teach me some of this stuff? :/

It's just really hard to catch onto everything, I'll make sure to give lots of credit to you on the final product.
I downloaded brawlbox and the textures you can get from the thread, I see pictures of people with entire models of characters and I can't seem to find where you got those from can anyone direct me? I have "fitganon.pac" or whatever etc. but I can only open what seems like the objects they create

Reposting these both to see if I can get any help.... :dizzy:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Okay so I'm fed up with the 3-minute replay limit.

What is the best way to go about getting infinite replays, in terms of the code and the method to apply the code?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Okay so I'm fed up with the 3-minute replay limit.

What is the best way to go about getting infinite replays, in terms of the code and the method to apply the code?
Get homebrew channel, get the Gecko OS 1.9.1 app, go to geckocodes.org, find the infinite replay code and any other codes you want and copy those into a text document. Save the text document to your desktop. Download codemanager for your computer and open up the text file with the program. Check which codes you want, then select "Export to GCT" and select your SD card. It should save RSBE01.gct in your \codes folder. Now just launch the game through HBC > Gecko OS.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a code that alters the default controls of the game?

I like playing tournaments where you play random characters against friends but I use a specific control scheme so I can't play with special controls unless I have a nickname for every player.

I've looked in many places and can't find it.

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
Need help.

Brawl+ just decided to stop working. When I load up Homebrewa nd gecko, it goes to the green screen with the lizard and the options, I tell it to load, it brings up the "Applying SD Codes" and other messages, the screen flashes green and goes black... and that's it. It just stays there, with no other activity (no whirring, the drive doesn't flash, nothing). I've tried updating to the latest bannerbomb and Gecko 1.9.3, then went back to 1.9.1, and I still get nothing. It reads the SD card just fine to get Gecko started.

And it just happened out of the blue. The night before it was running perfectly fine. Turned it on the next day, nothing. I'm about ready to try reformatting the Wii, though I'm gonna lose everything, so I'm hoping someone can help before I try that last resort.

I don't know. It's the same codeset I've been using for a couple of months now, never had any problems, then it just went PFFFFT.

And I've just tried using some older codesets I've had saved. So it's not the SD card or the codes.

I did try to get Super Mario Kart on the VC, but when I saw I had to upgrade to 4.2 I didn't do it. I don't know if that might have done something, but Brawl+ worked fine after I got offline and played Brawl (it was the day after this that it crapped out).
Anyone, help? Please? Really want to play Brawl+ again.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Anyone, help? Please? Really want to play Brawl+ again.
Can you play with different codesets?

If you can, then something is wrong with your Brawl+ codes. If not, then I think your SD may be bust. Lots of people's SDs have been known to screw up.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
Is there a way to toggle what codes are active when you load the game through gecko? I want to play vbrawl with infinite replays but I also have brawl+ codes too. What is the easiest way to do that?
no, but u can have all the codes you want overall in a txt file, then use homebrew app code manager, go in there and select which codes you want for a particular play session, it will basically make a new gct right then and there, it beats having to go to your computer.

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
Can you play with different codesets?

If you can, then something is wrong with your Brawl+ codes. If not, then I think your SD may be bust. Lots of people's SDs have been known to screw up.
It doesn't work with any codesets. But the SD card works perfectly, the computer can readit fine and so can the Wii. It goes all the way through the "Loading SD Codes" screen with the pic of the gecko, flashes green and goes black, then nothing. And it just did it out of the blue.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Try waiting for HBC to finish connecting to the internet (the globe at the bottom of the screen), then launching gecko when it finishes (whether it connects or not).

camzy

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't work with any codesets. But the SD card works perfectly, the computer can readit fine and so can the Wii. It goes all the way through the "Loading SD Codes" screen with the pic of the gecko, flashes green and goes black, then nothing. And it just did it out of the blue.
Gecko problem?

I'm not sure though what the problem is.

angelbless

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for all this, I was wondering if I could do a Noob question... :(

I want to add PW´s and Dantarion´s code for the SSE. So i was thinking in adding the codes to the PLusery_Beta5_0.txt that I downloaded from the web page. So i was wondering in order to have everything working well, which codes do I have to check to use in the code/cheat manager. And which codes does the Brawl + works with?

Just to be sure, and so I dont screw everything what is working great. All of them?. Thank you very much in advance :)

angelbless

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for all this, I was wondering if I could do a Noob question... :(

I want to add PW´s and Dantarion´s code for the SSE. So i was thinking in adding the codes to the PLusery_Beta5_0.txt that I downloaded from the web page. So i was wondering in order to have everything working well, which codes do I have to check to use in the code/cheat manager. And which codes does the Brawl + works with?

Just to be sure, and so I dont screw everything what is working great. All of them right??. Thank you very much in advance :)
Ok this... and does anybody knows if there is a code to stop that pole in Toon Link´s Pirate Ship Stage, from sending you to the sides? Is a little annoying and it will be great that it could be avoided :)

and One more question, what does this code stands for? is like we could add more songs to WWr?
WiFi Training Room Music
* 0410FE04 386327C3

Thxs again

OverLade

Smash Hero
Is there a code to unlock all music?

I used the unlock everything code but it didnt seem to include all CDs.

I really need it as I'm using my Wii for the live stream at winterfest and want to have the maximum amount of ridiculously awesome music possible. :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Actuallly I found something better. This code makes all Franklin badges spawn as CDs.

Got all the songs in no time. Training mode ftw.

4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C060001 40820008
38C0000B 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000

angelbless

Smash Apprentice
Originally Posted by angelbless View Post
Sorry for all this, I was wondering if I could do a Noob question...

Just to be sure, and so I dont screw everything what is working great. All of them right??. Thank you very much in advance

[/Code]

Ok fixed this and found the solution.

Ok this... and does anybody knows if there is a code to stop that pole in Toon Link´s Pirate Ship Stage, from sending you to the sides? Is a little annoying and it will be great that it could be avoided :)

and One more question, what does this code stands for? is like we could add more songs to WWr?
WiFi Training Room Music
* 0410FE04 386327C3

Thxs again
Im still wondering if there is a code to stop that pole in Pirate Ship Stage from screwing the Battle. Also is I was wondering if somebody have an idea to run a code to run different musics in WWR :(

stRIP

Smash Ace
herro guyzz

I've got NTSC since a few weeks and i've only played B+ until now

Can some1 give me a codeset (gct pls) with camera hack, replay hack (length and names) texture hack and stuff?

Im a real noob in creating my own codesets

And my english sux :<

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Go to geckocodes.org or the brawl plus codes page, find the infinite replay code and any other codes you want and copy those into a text document. Save the text document to your desktop. Download codemanager for your computer and open up the text file with the program. Check which codes you want, then select "Export to GCT" and select your SD card. It should save RSBE01.gct in your \codes folder. Now just launch the game through HBC > Gecko OS.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I would like a code that makes me go to online waiting room whenever I choose Hanenbow.
In PAL, possible?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Go to geckocodes.org or the brawl plus codes page, find the infinite replay code and any other codes you want and copy those into a text document. Save the text document to your desktop. Download codemanager for your computer and open up the text file with the program. Check which codes you want, then select "Export to GCT" and select your SD card. It should save RSBE01.gct in your \codes folder. Now just launch the game through HBC > Gecko OS.
One question...I used the B+ codeset, and it would always freeze at the SSS. Unless there's a code problem inside that gct (mind you, this is the one in the premade package, not one I made myself), there's some sort of glitch with the SSS...so I got this crazily rearranged SSS and it works well...but now I can't get my song titles to work. The original place where I got my RSBE01.gct and it worked 100% perfectly now says it doesn't exist anymore. It had Hanenbow gone completely from the screen and Rumble Falls as the Wi-fi waiting room. Despite asking several times, no one seems to have an answer, so I ask you one of three things...
1. Could someone link me to an RSBE01.gct file patch 3.5.1 that works for them AND doesn't have a whacked out SSS?
2. Could someone get me a code to take out Hanenbow? (I think this is the problem with the B+ codeset, no custom SSS)
3. Could someone tell me how it might be possible to put multiple RSBE01.gct files in the codes folder, as in renaming them correctly?
Please give me the best option of the three and give me feedback on it through this thread or pm, or simply give some feedback on all of them. I need some help here, and I thank you in advance.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Sigh.

Go to geckocodes.org or the brawl plus codes page or any other code page, find your codes and copy those into a text document. Save the text document to your desktop. Download codemanager for your computer and open up the text file with the program. Check which codes you want, then select "Export to GCT" and select your SD card. It should save RSBE01.gct in your \codes folder. Now just launch the game through HBC > Gecko OS.

Unless you mean the stage builder or snapshot file, which isn't a .gct. If so, go [thread=226649]here[/thread] and read up.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
How exactly do you make a stacksmash .gct?
You put the StackSmash exploit (st_exploit.bin) inside sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\st\ and include Phantom Wings's "Disable Custom Stages 1.1" code in your GCT so it doesn't freeze at the Stage Select screen.

One question...I used the B+ codeset, and it would always freeze at the SSS. Unless there's a code problem inside that gct (mind you, this is the one in the premade package, not one I made myself), there's some sort of glitch with the SSS...so I got this crazily rearranged SSS and it works well...but now I can't get my song titles to work. The original place where I got my RSBE01.gct and it worked 100% perfectly now says it doesn't exist anymore. It had Hanenbow gone completely from the screen and Rumble Falls as the Wi-fi waiting room. Despite asking several times, no one seems to have an answer, so I ask you one of three things...
1. Could someone link me to an RSBE01.gct file patch 3.5.1 that works for them AND doesn't have a whacked out SSS?
2. Could someone get me a code to take out Hanenbow? (I think this is the problem with the B+ codeset, no custom SSS)
3. Could someone tell me how it might be possible to put multiple RSBE01.gct files in the codes folder, as in renaming them correctly?
Please give me the best option of the three and give me feedback on it through this thread or pm, or simply give some feedback on all of them. I need some help here, and I thank you in advance.
Might be better to ask this in the Brawl+ thread :p
herro guyzz

I've got NTSC since a few weeks and i've only played B+ until now

Can some1 give me a codeset (gct pls) with camera hack, replay hack (length and names) texture hack and stuff?

Im a real noob in creating my own codesets

And my english sux :<
I put in a list of useful codes in my spare time, which has everything stRIP needs: http://www.siriusuplink.com/RSBE01.php

All you have to do is save that TXT above, download code manager (from Gardevior's link's above), and open the TXT in code manager, and when you're done, export it to a GCT.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
can someone post the pokemon stadium and halberd freeze codes? if i am the only one who has the code, and i play with friends on wifi, and i happen to load the stage, would that cause a freeze?

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
I'm having some trouble with CSP character select portraits. So first I made a portrait for Link, tested it, and it worked perfectly.

I then made several other portraits, and faced some issues. In the character select screen, whenever I hover over the characters i've given textures to, the game starts crapping out. For instance, when i hover over Metaknight, the game crashes. When i hover over Sonic, the game gets extremely laggy, to the point where it's impossible to play. Strangely, Link's portraits still seem to be working fine.

If anyone knows the solution to this, please respond. Help would be very much appreciated :)

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
whoops i can't read.
can someone post the pokemon stadium and halberd freeze codes? if i am the only one who has the code, and i play with friends on wifi, and i happen to load the stage, would that cause a freeze?
well to answer the question, no it probably wouldn't freeze, but there would be a huge de-sync
here is brawl+'s 4.1 version
Code:
Level Freezer
Value: [Phantom Wings/Almas, 9 Lines]-- (8 lines)

42000000 90000000
0416A904 00000000
2A180F3A 00000015
0416A904 BF800000
2A180F3A 00000014
2A180F3A 0000001C
0416A904 3F800000
E0000000 80008000

Top Bottom